• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Indignate

I'm not getting it. Too much money for my blood and I'm not that into any of the characters except for Kitty, Vision, and Iceman. Not counting X-23 of course who I'm just going to buy regardless of what happens in my life.

FeD.nL

I went for the pack.

Doom, War Machine, Winter Sodier and Iceman are must buys for me, and with the hero design the past few heroes i'm really looking forward to Vision, Kitty, Black Cat (to get that trap assassin goodness). But basically every hero has been so well designed of late that I really can't wait to play them all.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
you said the other day you dont even play the game, are you just trying to wind up KePoW

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not winding myself up at all.

The bottom one is alright but like SG and Carol, I still like the default better (until they give me zebra print.)

Look, I actually don't have an account in game I've never even played it.

I just like to post in this thread about X-23 and Squirrel Girl.

lol

Indignate

So Squirrel Girl and X-23 should totally be in a comic together, yeah?

When do you guys raid? I remember there was a poll going around but I haven't seen it in a while. I think my SG is adequately fitted to be able to run around in circles decently enough (I just have to throw on blessings at this point but I'm lazy).

Gothos

Watching Rushlock's marvel heroes stream on twitch. "Gazillion has not ruled out a console port. That is totally in the hands of Sony and Microsoft."

Quick question about that: was it said on Twitch by some Gazillion representative or by the streamer?

I'm gonna nab the pack as well when I get my money next week.

I bought the advance pack. Too many characters I wanted for me to not do so.

At this point, pretty much all of Marvel's A-listers will be playable by 2016 huh?

I think so, yeah. I can't think of a character that's especially well-known that isn't in the game yet or coming cup except some of the newer secondary characters in the films (Falcon in particular, but also Coulson), some of the popular X-Men (especially Arch/Angel, Prof. X, Dazzler and Jubilee), and some popular villains, though I'm not sure we'll see all of those. Ronan seems like a very obvious choice to me tho.

Jean is a lot more fun to use since her rework.
The power that picks everything up and slams it down is great. Also, that mind drain power that slows enemy movement by 90% seems like it would be very useful in a team environment. It hasn't really helped me when I solo terminals though.

new rig ordered. now we wait :(

Will still chug on Midtown. Dat elite optimization!

-----

Put me in the category of previously having said I would not buy the advanced pack, but picked it up anyway. Which is a colossal waste of money considering I'll only play 1/3 of the characters in the pack, but I'm always happy supporting Gaz.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Will still chug on Midtown. Dat elite optimization!

-----

Put me in the category of previously having said I would not buy the advanced pack, but picked it up anyway. Which is a colossal waste of money considering I'll only play 1/3 of the characters in the pack, but I'm always happy supporting Gaz.

it wont chug since I cant use ultra textures ha!

what GPU??

gtx970

i5 4690k, 16gb ddr3, 250gb ssd and 2tb hdd for the rest

Lord Phol

Was looking into Disney Infinity 2.0 for some alternative Marvel gaming, and while it looks pretty fun it's still too simple and expensive to invest in. Marvel Heroes still feels like the best way to experience all the difference heroes/villains in a game atm. Makes me a bit more keen on the Advance 2 Pack.

Ploid 3.0

Quick question about that: was it said on Twitch by some Gazillion representative or by the streamer?

Ok looked into it, and I screwed it up. I would have continued thinking he was Ryolnir (yeah big screw up) if not for your question. Thanks for this post, I don't know why Rushlock sounded so familiar, and how I mixed him up with Ryolnir.

Ok then, looks like it's not up to Sony or Microsoft but if Gazillion really wants to do it at all.

Edit: The way I found his stream or even checked it out is Degen usually host gazillion live twitch streams so I thought the community manager was streaming his stream which Degen hosted.

Moondrop

Banned
The Schwartz is a mystical power that practitioners can tap into to generate a lightsaber-like force beam from their rings.

They really should show more classic films in school.

KePoW

Banned
Remember, guys: Kepow doesn't watch movies. Like, at all. If you ever want to put one over on him, quote a movie.

In all seriousness, this is actually very close to true. I told people if they put one of those Nielsen tracking boxes on my home TV, it would literally be 99%:

ESPN / ESPN2 / ESPNEWS / NFL Network / or any live sports game

I have no interest in watching anything else on TV, and I don't go to theaters.

LuuKyK

In all seriousness, this is actually very close to true. I told people if they put one of those Nielsen tracking boxes on my home TV, it would literally be 99%:

ESPN / ESPN2 / ESPNEWS / NFL Network / or any live sports game

I have no interest in watching anything else on TV, and I don't go to theaters.

Why? Movies are life. Cant imagine not watching at least one a week.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
pretty sure having alt accounts is against the tos

Each accepted member is granted one, and only one, username. If you are caught using multiple usernames, you will be subject to immediate and permanent banning of all accounts involved

KePoW

Banned
Why? Movies are life. Cant imagine not watching at least one a week.

haha bro you know I like you Luke, but I disagree with that

I have lived life fine without regularly watching movies since college days, which is 14+ years ago. If anything, sports are real life whereas some movies are totally wacky fantasy worlds

Moondrop

Banned
haha what the heck... jeez that movie looks old as dirt!

how old u all?!
Spaceballs was one of the proudest entries in my childhood VHS collection, behind Pryde of the X-men (never-picked-up pilot from X-men cartoon in animation style of the arcade game). Does that answer your question?

Ploid 3.0

Movies these days are quite bland. Usually popular too safe stuff, not often thought provoking. They have too many toys to throw in your face (CG, 3d, action explosives, etc.).

KePoW

Banned
Movies these days are quite bland. Usually popular too safe stuff, not often thought provoking. They have too many toys to throw in your face (CG, 3d, action explosives, etc.).

From seeing TV commercials, I know what you're talking about. There's too much CG and "non-real" stuff going on in movies now it seems.

For example, I guess Transformers is one of the most popular movie franchises now that everyone loves, but it just looks not much of substance in the commercials

inky

There's as much variety as there has ever been. Probably more. There's enough quality stuff out there so if someone is not finding it they are not looking hard enough.

Nothing wrong with not liking watching movies, and there aren't going to be 20 winners a year, but there's enough if you want to.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
hmmm... no new event this week possibly?

"Happy Monday and welcome to a new work week.

I have status updates for about 20 different things (Psylocke, Ghost Rider, Cyclops, Nova, Juggernaut, Surfer, Sue Storm, Emma, Wasp, Havok, Industry City, Red Raids, Zoo, Multi-Spec, Achievements, Danger Room, PVP and more) - I'm be working on these over the next 48 hours and make a nice comprehensive post for you).

We have a couple of days of downtime at the office as we move into a new space (very nice new building), so this week's patch will be fairly small, but the next couple of weeks has a ton of stuff coming.

See you soon."

edit: or not, aparently the best event (at least to gear up) is next, yay

"David Brevik said on his stream on Friday it was going to be Midtown Madness again, and the next week would be A.R.M.O.R. drives."

hmm need to push to finish Cable and then do Punisher up to 60 so I have everyone ready to gear up during MM, which should use the new chest tech that the odin event used (not sure how I feel about that, MM had crazy amount of drops, the odin chests...not so much. but hopefully these MM chests are better)

GManDH

hmmm... no new event this week possibly?

"Happy Monday and welcome to a new work week.

I have status updates for about 20 different things (Psylocke, Ghost Rider, Cyclops, Nova, Juggernaut, Surfer, Sue Storm, Emma, Wasp, Havok, Industry City, Red Raids, Zoo, Multi-Spec, Achievements, Danger Room, PVP and more) - I'm be working on these over the next 48 hours and make a nice comprehensive post for you).

We have a couple of days of downtime at the office as we move into a new space (very nice new building), so this week's patch will be fairly small, but the next couple of weeks has a ton of stuff coming.

See you soon."

edit: or not, aparently the best event (at least to gear up) is next, yay

"David Brevik said on his stream on Friday it was going to be Midtown Madness again, and the next week would be A.R.M.O.R. drives."

hmm need to push to finish Cable and then do Punisher up to 60 so I have everyone ready to gear up during MM, which should use the new chest tech that the odin event used (not sure how I feel about that, MM had crazy amount of drops, the odin chests...not so much. but hopefully these MM chests are better)

DAMN IT!!! i was bout to post this.

Vecks

MM would be perfect for feeding all these hungry pets. It's funny how much cybernetics has changed my view of gear. Just a few months ago, green/blue/purple gear was practically invisible to me. Now, if I even just see one piece of green on the ground at a distance, I'll go out of my way to suck it up.

From seeing TV commercials, I know what you're talking about. There's too much CG and "non-real" stuff going on in movies now it seems.

For example, I guess Transformers is one of the most popular movie franchises now that everyone loves, but it just looks not much of substance in the commercials

Dude, you are watching the wrong movies. Transformers? LOL.

Watch The Raid: Redemption, immediately followed by The Raid 2. Watch Twelve Years a Slave. Watch August: Osage County.

KePoW

Banned
How are people building Silver Surfer? It seems like he got nerfed and everybody complained and now I don't know what to do.

Same exact build as before. It's just that instead of being literally the #1 or #2 best character in the entire game, he's middle-upper tier now.

I still play him a lot and he's really good, just not OP.

Same exact build as before. It's just that instead of being literally the #1 or #2 best character in the entire game, he's middle-upper tier now.

I still play him a lot and he's really good, just not OP.

Exactly. Surfer is still doing great. The only difference is you can't play him while completely brain dead and holding down one button.

Finally got my Rogue to 60 last night.

Still completely unimpressed with my build haha.. She was doing sort of alright damage at the end, but I really need to steal someone elses build (pun intended) and see what she's capable of. Felt like I was relying completely on her Signature in later ranks.

Bought Advance Pack 2 last night, bring on that X-23 (and everyone else).

KePoW

Banned
Exactly. Surfer is still doing great. The only difference is you can't play him while completely brain dead and holding down one button.

Yeah, you do have to do a regular rotation now (like the other 40 characters).

This is a perfect example of some people being unreasonable whiny fuckers on official forums.

Top Bottom