• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Negative, Ghost Rider.

Gimme Shelter alone is better than the entire Led Zep catalogue. Don't get me started on Start Me Up, Brown Sugar, Angie, Wild Horses, Beast of Burden, Sympathy for the Devil, (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction, and You Can’t Always Get What You Want.

What does it say that the garbage song Stairway to Heaven is the most famous Led Zep song? What does it say that they are fighting a losing lawsuit to the band that actually wrote the song and will have to settle for umpteen million dollars? They should probably have spent less time ripping off and mining all the popular blues riffs of their era literally note for note and instead write songs that were actually good. But they didn't. They stole shit. Boo, Zep.

I'll still listen to Tangerine. Everything else is totally forgettable.

amon amarth is better than anyone cos vikings and johan hegg has an epic beard

4127_artist.jpg

This made the rest of your post not worth reading, sorry.

How convenient, and a solid tactic to ignore the fact that Zeppelin's entire catalogue is comprised of music they ripped off from better bands. No worries, they are currently facing their day in court and the outcome won't be pretty. Once they're fully exposed as the frauds they are and forced to part with the wealth they wrongfully accumulated, they can finally fade away into irrelevancy. Good riddance.

my problem is hes to beamy not enough icey, most of his skills are complete rip offs from others i know other heroes are samey but christ they look similar and feel simlar. that iceslide looks practically the same as silver surfer

You're not wrong but I just feel that saying he's shit is a bit harsh. Also if they went icy he would probably be more like IW with the ice stuff being tagged as summons and we all know she isn't in a great place (even if I do personally enjoy her).

Gotta say I do like his ice slide (including his mini slide) and I'm not seeing what you mean when you compare it to Surfer's.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
How convenient, and a solid tactic to ignore the fact that Zeppelin's entire catalogue is comprised of music they ripped off from better bands. No worries, they are currently facing their day in court and the outcome won't be pretty. Once they're fully exposed as the frauds they are and forced to part with the wealth they wrongfully accumulated, they can finally fade away into irrelevancy. Good riddance.

This isn't just salty, it's exaggerated to the point of being fucking delusional.

I seriously hope you are trolling, because that shit is straight up "no grasp on reality" territory.

amon amarth is better than anyone cos vikings and johan hegg has an epic beard

Never heard of them, but that is a man's man. I don't do much metal but I dig the aesthetic he's got going on. Are you a metal head? I went gaga for Deafheaven's Sunbather a few years ago, but that's some crazed out metal fuzz.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Never heard of them, but that is a man's man. I don't do much metal but I dig the aesthetic he's got going on. Are you a metal head? I went gaga for Deafheaven's Sunbather a few years ago, but that's some crazed out metal fuzz.

yup amon amarth are my fav and machine head are a close second.

47 years old and doing a metal set for 2 and half hours is insane, machine head are currently doing a tour in america and play back to back shows for like up to 16 days in a row and all around 2 and half hour set list

in other news BUGS are back midtown is bugged for shared and you can only rescue 2 set civilians in midtown no others count so they disabled the shared for midtown lmao

This isn't just salty, it's exaggerated to the point of being fucking delusional.

I seriously hope you are trolling, because that shit is straight up "no grasp on reality" territory.

Your "argument" is as dated as your overuse of the word "salty" to describe an opinion that is contradictory to your own. It's not my fault if you prefer a group known for performing watered down rip offs of contemporary musicians over one known for pumping out some of the greatest rock and roll of their era. It's not your fault you've been duped. We are both innocent here. One band just happened to have produced amazing songs while the other plagiarized their way to the top.

How can I be salty over a band that holds zero meaning to me? Neither the Rolling Stones or Led Zeppelin ever put food on my table.

Dude, you prefer Heart over either band. I'm not sure you have any ground to stand on here, bro. "You gonna burn, burn, burn, burn, burn to the wick...Oooo, Barracuda, oh yeah!"

KePoW

Banned
You're not wrong but I just feel that saying he's shit is a bit harsh. Also if they went icy he would probably be more like IW with the ice stuff being tagged as summons and we all know she isn't in a great place (even if I do personally enjoy her)

I actually like Sue's playstyle & powers in MH a lot, she's fun

They just need to adjust the damage numbers straight up, that's all. Not sure why they haven't done something simple like that

my problem is hes to beamy not enough icey, most of his skills are complete rip offs from others i know other heroes are samey but christ they look similar and feel simlar. that iceslide looks practically the same as silver surfer

Yeah, calling him shit is going a bit far. While a lot of his powers/animations are reskinned (we knew this was coming once Surfer was released), his actual gameplay style is different. The one thing I wish they didn't bother with at all is the focused beam. That one is unnecessary. The physical damage powers are a mistake of course, and he hasn't been tuned if damage and defense are your worries.

I'd focus more on chill application and consumption. How do you like that or would you like to see it improved?

KePoW

Banned
Dude, you prefer Heart over either band. I'm not sure you have any ground to stand on here, bro. "You gonna burn, burn, burn, burn, burn to the wick...Oooo, Barracuda, oh yeah!"

actually I been listening to some Bangles recently. I had some nice dreams about Susanna Hoffs as a kid...

izx4LS9qlvYhD.jpg

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Your "argument" is as dated as your overuse of the word "salty" to describe an opinion that is contradictory to your own. It's not my fault if you prefer a group known for performing watered down rip offs of contemporary musicians over one known for pumping out some of the greatest rock and roll of their era. It's not your fault you've been duped. We are both innocent here. One band just happened to have produced amazing songs while the other plagiarized their way to the top.

How can I be salty over a band that holds zero meaning to me? Neither the Rolling Stones or Led Zeppelin ever put food on my table.

Your inane, heavy-handed crusade is almost as boring as the majority of the Rolling Stone's catalogue. I thought this was going to be some fun, good-natured ribbing, but you immediately went full hate-boner with the same boring "b-b-but they played other people's songs!" and then doubled-down with that utter travesty of a post about their "entire catalogue" being stolen. What a disappointment.

You know what the best part is? I don't even deny that they profited off of other peoples songs (although you obviously present it in a way that is intentionally misleading to further your outrageous agenda.) The fact is I don't care. Zeppelin played them better. If all they did was play mediocre covers, no one would be talking about them 50 years after the fact. Musical and production talent actually matter, who knew!

Fucking stairway. Find me an actual zeppelin fan who even ranks it in their top 10. Give me a break.

Yeah, calling him shit is going a bit far. While a lot of his powers/animations are reskinned (we knew this was coming once Surfer was released), his actual gameplay style is different. The one thing I wish they didn't bother with at all is the focused beam. That one is unnecessary. The physical damage powers are a mistake of course, and he hasn't been tuned if damage and defense are your worries.

I'd focus more on chill application and consumption. How do you like that or would you like to see it improved?

Doesn't he basically have 3 channeled/focused beams in his range tree? A bit redundant if so.

Also it's a big thing on the forums but not being able to accurately see the stacks of chill on enemies is a problem. When I tested I just didn't even bother trying to chill and shatter, it's probably a big reason why I felt his damage was only decent and not great.

lol I heard about that recently

I listened to the other song -- and it's only the intro part of Stairway that sounds like it, haha

The intro is note for note the same. Exactly the same. Come on, bro!

Your inane, heavy-handed crusade is almost as boring as the majority of the Rolling Stone's catalogue. I thought this was going to be some fun, good-natured ribbing, but you immediately went full hate-boner with the same boring "b-b-but they played other people's songs!" and then doubled-down with that utter travesty of a post about their "entire catalogue" being stolen. What a disappointment.

You know what the best part is? I don't even deny that they profited off of other peoples songs (although you obviously present it in a way that is intentionally misleading to further your outrageous agenda.) The fact is I don't care. Zeppelin played them better. If all they did was play mediocre covers, no one would be talking about them 50 years after the fact. Musical and production talent actually matter, who knew!

Fucking stairway. Find me an actual zeppelin fan who even ranks it in their top 10. Give me a break.

So basically, your entire point is you have no point? You're okay with a band ripping off their music from others because they "played them better?" Good to know!

p.s. Led Zeppelin sucks. But you knew that already. And Stairway to Heaven is their most popular song, even though we're all tired of it cause it's dogshit.

Anoregon

The intro is note for note the same. Exactly the same. Come on, bro!

So basically, your entire point is you have no point? You're okay with a band ripping off their music from others because they "played them better?" Good to know!

p.s. Led Zeppelin sucks. But you knew that already.

My point is that what the music actually sounds like is the most important part of the music. I like how Led Zeppelin sounds. Truly a high-level concept, I wouldn't expect you to understand.

squadr0n

Have they announced a released date at all for the new Team up Pack or Archangel at all yet? I know hes coming a month before everyone else for preorders but its been awhile and we haven't heard anything about it since they posted the pre order page. They released spidengwen already and I thought she was part of the pack so whats the deal with this, anyone know?

Doesn't he basically have 3 channeled/focused beams in his range tree? A bit redundant if so.

Also it's a big thing on the forums but not being able to accurately see the stacks of chill on enemies is a problem. When I tested I just didn't even bother trying to chill and shatter, it's probably a big reason why I felt his damage was only decent and not great.

He has two redundant beams exactly like Cyclops. Both of these characters need to have those beams examined and redone/retuned to give them differing applications. The whole beam-weaving situation with Cyke is just stupid.

Not being able to see chill stacks is big, I agree. I have been one of the biggest proponents of them getting in combat buffs above your bar and debuffs under the enemies health bar, but it's not a priority. That all being said, as ranged Iceman you don't really need to monitor your chill stacks as they get reapplied through your rotation. Ice slick -> 2x Frozen Orb and you're at five stacks.

Have they announced a released date at all for the new Team up Pack or Archangel at all yet? I know hes coming a month before everyone else for preorders but its been awhile and we haven't heard anything about it since they posted the pre order page. They released spidengwen already and I thought she was part of the pack so whats the deal with this, anyone know?

They haven't released anything from the new pack yet, certainly not Spider-Gwen. We'll probably start seeing them come in later next month.

squadr0n

Btw, if anyone in game is able to add me to the Gaf Super group my in game name is Silverrex. Ive been playing Death Gambit lately but also cable, colossus, and others. IF there is an opening please let me know and sign me up!

I'm thinkin about trying the game. Is it true that for the second day login you get 400 eternity splinters? So I can buy Wolverine from the second day?

Anoregon

I'm thinkin about trying the game. Is it true that for the second day login you get 400 eternity splinters? So I can buy Wolverine from the second day?

Yup!

You should totally buy 2 random boxes at 175 a piece, though :p

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
few changes up on tc
taken from the huge new info thread at forums
A0VICbe.png

ssGFSwJ.png

u369SOL.png

My point is that what the music actually sounds like is the most important part of the music. I like how Led Zeppelin sounds. Truly a high-level concept, I wouldn't expect you to understand.

You're absolutely correct. I'm a philistine and don't understand all these fancy comments and words you've been dropping. I confused prioritizing the band that sounds better and revolutionized rock and roll with the one that riffed off other blues musicians. I'm sorry.

The Kinks were a better rock'n'roll band than both.

Pretty solid band with strong tracks. I went through their entire catalogue a few years ago. They're much less consistent than the Stones, for me. Very high highs, but some rather low lows.

What is this thread about?

Music. If you've been playing Marvel Heroes as long as I have, you almost certainly have the game sound/music on mute and are rocking your own stuff instead. It's also an ideal podcast game, if you're into that sort of thing.

On-topic: I love the new boss indicator! Finding them in the middle of a huge dogpile of characters by looking at the mini map has never been cool. Diablo 3 resolved this by making their bosses freaking massive.

KePoW

Banned
Music. If you've been playing Marvel Heroes as long as I have, you almost certainly have the game sound/music on mute and are rocking your own stuff instead. It's also an ideal podcast game, if you're into that sort of thing

lol I turned off music in MH literally from the very first day I tried the game

I can't play video games without the game sound effects though, that's weird

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
lets put it like this in icemans current form ill get more iceman feeling by playing a ice wizard in diablo 3.

iceman feels like a icey cyclops. they concentrated far to much on melee and have given him too many channeleling cyclop beam skills

lol I turned off music in MH literally from the very first day I tried the game

I can't play video games without the game sound effects though, that's weird

You're weird. The sound effects kinda distract from the music you're listening to, right? And it's not like the voice work in this game isn't insanely repetitive or anything.

I'm going to build you a playlist of massive arena rock songs from the 80s and we're going to jam out together in game.

It's ok bro! I'm glad I could help you figure things out. <3

You sure showed me! It was so awesome for you to jump in and protect poor Kepow! The people's champion! The white knight in shining armor! Your opinion > my opinion! Congrats!

LuuKyK

I have no idea who Miguel is lol. People really should stop pretending everyone that play this game is a hardcore comic reader in the official forums tbh, even the mods. I swear they keep using their real names every single time.

Edit: beaten by kepow.

Yea shes a team up hero or an advanced costume for spiderman

No she is not.

KePoW

Banned
You're weird.

You sure showed me! It was so awesome for you to jump in and protect poor Kepow! The people's champion! The white knight in shining armor! Your opinion > my opinion! Congrats!

so u DO turn off all your sound effects! u freak!!1

I think he just like Led Zeppelin, that's all lol

Top Bottom