• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
The line up is vision in march(unless it's someone else in march then vision) brevik teased another April fools hero like tasky and then it's doom.

On stream other day brevik said we could possibly be doing something similar to what we did with April fools last year

Doom is coming With anniversary and 2016 change over. Doomsaw already confirmed they are doing the year thing

Drayco21

The line up is vision in march(unless it's someone else in march then vision) brevik teased another April fools hero like tasky and then it's doom.

On stream other day brevik said we could possibly be doing something similar to what we did with April fools last year

Doom is coming With anniversary and 2016 change over. Doomsaw already confirmed they are doing the year thing

Playable Stilt-Man for April Fools, let's go.

I'll settle for Aunt May.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!

You sure Vision is March? I'm pretty sure he's May, to coincide with Age of Ultron release.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
So it's ice man and she hulk in march, April surprise hero(probs hero voiced by Tara) vision in may then doom in June /early July

Edit maybe shadowcat in June then doom in July?

Feel sorry for scarlet fans they haven't said when others are getting there reviews due to art leaving but confirmed they are gonna push scarlets through with movie

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
May is still some way away, I'd expect them to have all people on board at that point.

Is it though? They are already working in raid. 3 boss skills bosses for danger room and chapter 11. You then have the new team ups aswell and new heroes, I'm not holding much hope but maybe iceman is making me salty all round lol

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Vision will be the very end of April/very beginning of May. That puts Doom at the beginning of June to line up with the anniversary.

Then kitty woooo can't wait.
Dunno if Shes then but she needs to be lol

Kinda disheartening to read about Ice Man. I was hoping for Magneto levels of DoT/AoE spam and flashy.. Not a bunch of beam stuff..

Nonetheless, still pretty excited to give him a try next weekend. Probably the last good Marvel I'll get in before our bub is due, so I was pretty keen to get stuck into him for a week or two.

Still planning on doing a couple of Prestiges to get him to Blue haha.. Hope he's not too boring to level up.

Kinda disheartening to read about Ice Man. I was hoping for Magneto levels of DoT/AoE spam and flashy.. Not a bunch of beam stuff..

Nonetheless, still pretty excited to give him a try next weekend. Probably the last good Marvel I'll get in before our bub is due, so I was pretty keen to get stuck into him for a week or two.

Still planning on doing a couple of Prestiges to get him to Blue haha.. Hope he's not too boring to level up.

Well for one you don't have to use his beams. Frozen orb is excellent all on its own and he has shatter moves to supplement it. And he's not boring either, so don't worry about that.

Edit: To clarify, what Iceman has isn't bad, the problem most people have with him is what he doesn't have. With this kind of character's power, you can truly do a lot of different things. Iceman should've been a 600 splinter with an insanely robust moveset, but they skimped out for who knows what reason. To give a good idea of what they can/should do with him that they aren't, just check out this topic.

Well for one you don't have to use his beams. Frozen orb is excellent all on its own and he has shatter moves to supplement it. And he's not boring either, so don't worry about that.

Edit: To clarify, what Iceman has isn't bad, the problem most people have with him is what he doesn't have. With this kind of character's power, you can truly do a lot of different things. Iceman should've been a 600 splinter with an insanely robust movies, but they skimped out for who knows what reason. To give a good idea of what they can/should do with him that they aren't, just check out this topic.

Yeah, I guess as stated, I just had the expectation of Ice Man being really flashy and "balls-out".

There's lots of potential, so I just wasn't expecting him to be on the under-baked side.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Didn't they say months ago that iceman had the most fx of any hero to date?

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
woooo doomsaw with dem spoilers :D

As you know, we are being very bold with our achievement system and including rewards with some of the achievements.

We are treating the system like a hybrid of an older-style achievement system (with achievement points) and an actual real mission system with actual rewards that some will consider awesome.

Here are a couple of the more "epic" rewards:

7yC4bBj.jpg

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
lore wise shouldnt ms marvel be full energy ? cosmic haymaker channels cosmic power so shouldnt it be energy damage. random thought i had earlier lol

Indignate

Explain the glowing eyes to me.

Due to cosmic prestige? Is it an artifact? How come some of them have it and others don't I'm so confused right now

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Another old lace purchased. I wish there was rhyme or reason to when he "respawns" in the splinter store but alas I haven't seen a pattern (it's not on patch days like some assumed, well not every patch at least)

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Chill and Shatter mechanics will now function even if the enemy resists the crowd control components.

Power names and descriptions have been more fleshed out.

Ice Golems now have collision with each other. Bruiser Ice Golems now appear with visual spikes on their body, differentiating them visually from Snowball Golems. The trigger for which golem is summoned has been reversed - Melee powers will now trigger a ranged Snowball Golem, and Ranged powers will now trigger a melee Bruiser Golem.

Beam Focus and Weapon Focus passives no longer display +0% damage in their tooltips

Construct Focus's active effect now causes a small snow whirlwind around each Golem, which Chills enemies in the area.

Ice Slick's visuals are now complete - as a result, they should have better visibility in low light areas

Glacial Wall's tooltip has been updated to show its functionality (which is different from Cable or Human Torch's wall powers). The duration now is equal to the cooldown.

Frozen Lance's area of effect slightly increased.

Erroneous cooldown and attack speed tooltips have been removed from appropriate powers.

All powers now deal Energy damage.

meh fuck you

they are really dropping ball with heroes both winter and iceman being out shined by a qol review and a 52 review.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
raid token in currency on tc also ui change above hero where your name is (level at side of name is white etc

pgvLOQV.jpg

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
They just can't figure out the reward for the "Raid with Kepow" achievement and it's holding the whole thing up.

Flamethrower Punisher is pretty fun to play, gotta say. Hands down the best gun character in the game. Lots of flashiness, quick smooth animations, and he's a tanky ranged character.

Iceman's alt costume in-game:

lIZVxxj.png

You're getting me excited about the patch, brother.

You're in for a treat. Wait till you see his Sig and Ult. They're both great stuff. And all of this is ignoring his other spec (which uses an entirely different set of guns and attacks).

Side note, but I'm glad I didn't buy the Star Lord variant costume. They just went ahead and changed his headphones to black, from orange. I actually liked the orange look but now they're barely visible, and since they're the main component of the costume (I mean it's named after them), I have lost my interest in it. Wouldn't be happy if I had paid for it already.

Top Bottom