• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Flamethrower Punisher is pretty fun to play, gotta say. Hands down the best gun character in the game. Lots of flashiness, quick smooth animations, and he's a tanky ranged character.

Iceman's alt costume in-game:

lIZVxxj.png

Great skin... particularly because normal iceman, as least from the in-game camera perspective, looks like Silver Surfer without his board.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Flamethrower Punisher is pretty fun to play, gotta say. Hands down the best gun character in the game. Lots of flashiness, quick smooth animations, and he's a tanky ranged character.

lIZVxxj.png

Do you even AA bro?

KePoW

Banned
I am dee eyez man n' i shoot dah eyez

LOL

what the fuck

I thought I was gonna be the first one to do that!!

Remember when achievements were announced for anniversary 2014? Hoo Boy...good times.

To be fair, we all wanted it to not be buggy so isn't it a good thing they pushed it back. We can't have our cake and eat it too

A white hood.

haha I prefer a banana or Twinkie

Exactly what I was going to say, he is literally a blue silver surfer. Lol

Isn't that what he looks like in comix though, his typical costume

Just updated the test centre to try Ice Man out for myself. I'm actually pretty excited now, he definitely feels better than I was expecting after reading the comments.

c0Zm1c

Side note, but I'm glad I didn't buy the Star Lord variant costume. They just went ahead and changed his headphones to black, from orange. I actually liked the orange look but now they're barely visible, and since they're the main component of the costume (I mean it's named after them), I have lost my interest in it. Wouldn't be happy if I had paid for it already.
The headphones are still orange for me. Is this change only on the TC at the moment?

She-Hulk is still March.

So April then. ;)

New code: COMEGA

X-men FC :D

Thanks! I don't know why I never get these in my email.

Achievements delayed LOL

Considering how everything is kinda broken in the game I expect achievements to completely blow up in the first few hours of launch. With a bunch of outdated achievements that were meant for a much older version of the game.

lIZVxxj.png

Uuuuuuugly! I like the design in the books but thats a really poor adaptation. At least he looks less like Blue Surfer but still. I still hope for something like this:

2261602-iceman_bigcostume1.jpg

Punishers review looks pretty good. Cant wait to get him live and really dig into it

When is that going live? I keep on meaning to get him to 60 before his review just so it makes his prestige meaningful. Might be too late.Hawkeye is taking me forever

The headphones are still orange for me. Is this change only on the TC at the moment?

Yeah on the TC.

Just updated the test centre to try Ice Man out for myself. I'm actually pretty excited now, he definitely feels better than I was expecting after reading the comments.

Told ya. And he'll only get better over the course of the next week. Expectations for the dude were just sky high (understandably).

When is that going live? I keep on meaning to get him to 60 before his review just so it makes his prestige meaningful. Might be too late.Hawkeye is taking me forever

Next week, either Thursday or Friday.

Sblargh

Banned
I'm actually a bit surprised that iceman have such a following. Does people really love Bobby Drake or was it the perspective of great gameplay given his powers?

I'm kind of indifferent to this release. Looking forward to the punisher review.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I'm actually a bit surprised that iceman have such a following. Does people really love Bobby Drake or was it the perspective of great gameplay given his powers?

I'm kind of indifferent to this release. Looking forward to the punisher review.

Same to all of this. My most vivid Iceman memories are about Spiderman and his superfriends or whatever the hell that cartoon was called. Travel power should be cool tho

That's because you are both intelligent and attractive. Iceman being an omega-tier mutant is one of the longest running jokes in comics. He's trash-tier, the hero equivalent of Mole Man. The only writer who made him even remotely interesting was Remender, but we're talking about the same guy who made Deadpool both likable and slightly nuanced.

One thing this game has taught me is that some of the absolute worst Marvel Heroes (e.g. "I trow dee cahds harda den you can, Cherie" Pedophile Gambit) actually translate to great fun in game. The best bet is to dissociate your feelings about a character from the comics with expectations of how they will perform. Venom is usually horribly written in comics, and he's barely above street level on the power spectrum. And yet he's a monster in this game. The only consistent pattern is that the most recently released or reviewed heroes will likely be among the best.

If they wanted to stay canonical, Doctor Strange and Silver Surfer could basically solo the rest of the game roster...

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!

I just want him for when all copyright/franchise issues break down and we can an Arnold-as-mr freeze enhanced costume.

Anything X-men is automatically going to have a following. I read the original Xmen back in the early 70s (yes I'm old) and picked up most of the early issues when I collected them in the 1980s and Ice man was one of the better written characters. He played a reasonable opposite of the teen angst that filled to book in the early years but didn't go as far as comic relief. Plus he crossed over to the Spider verse enough to become a fixture there as well. In the past 20 years or so in comics I admit he hasn't been very interesting.

Game play he should be interesting. no other character in the game does what he currently does.

He played a reasonable opposite of the teen angst that filled to book in the early years but didn't go as far as comic relief.

In the past 20 years or so in comics I admit he hasn't been very interesting.

That's the irony. Iceman is the embodiment of teen angst in modern comics. He sulks and whines more than anyone.

My lovely contribution to the dota thread in general right now

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=153943982

For people who dont wanna read link

Random.

And here's some good news on Iceman that should chill some folks out.

Keep the feedback constructive all, it's being read very thoroughly. We're working on two additional powers to add to next week's build based on your feedback (one of which may be converted to his Signature). These may not make the final cut, but we're definitely hearing and quickly acting on your feedback.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
I'm expecting the skill that launches out a block of ice spikes will be signature, I'm nit holding out hope they drop most heroes after release and just patch them up pretty sure venom is still waiting on changes they promised after release there's huge thread bout that on
His forum page.

LuuKyK

Its making me fucking furious. Its more frustrating than Dota. I can't win a match to save my life. This game is matching me of people that have fucking invincible/much superior decks. What is this? Smite? Are you fucking kidding me? God, its pissing me off.

Sblargh

Banned
Its making me fucking furious. Its more frustrating than Dota. I can't win a match to save my life. This game is matching me of people that have fucking invincible/much superior decks. What is this? Smite? Are you fucking kidding me? God, its pissing me off.

Yeah, you have to at least buy Naxxramas otherwise, even at the lowest levels, you just can't build a deck that is only bad.

There's no entry level PvP, really; I remember seeing decks stocked full of legendaries when I was ranked 25-20; which should be the training wheels.

LuuKyK

Yeah, you have to at least buy Naxxramas otherwise, even at the lowest levels, you just can't build a deck that is only bad.

There's no entry level PvP, really; I remember seeing decks stocked full of legendaries when I was ranked 25-20; which should be the training wheels.

One of these guys in three turns had a card with 12 attack and health. I mean.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
why are you even playing against people if you know fuck all about the game?

Sblargh

Banned
Well, yeah, first thing at all you should be doing is getting all classes to lvl 10 and defeating all the AI on both difficulties.

LuuKyK

why are you even playing against people if you know fuck all about the game?

Well, yeah, first thing at all you should be doing is getting all classes to lvl 10 and defeating all the AI on both difficulties.

I know how to play it, I mean, at least the basics of it, and completed several daily quests already to win some packs but I just dont seem to have a half decent deck compared to other players. Already beat/unlocked all the classes and such.

We really should stop discussing HS here though, so lets just forget about my inability to play that game and move on.
To more talk about MH's next patch bugs. :p

I found Arachne was finally available from the Splinter vendor last night. I usually ignore Team Ups, but Im hoping she'll compliment Emma well.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Hey folks,

Today's Test Center does not have any new changes for Iceman. Yesterday's changes require a little more time in the oven, as they entail the creation of a couple new powers. @MichaelMayhem will drop by to show you guys a preview of what's to come when those are ready to show off!

For today, please use this thread for continued feedback of his current iteration. Your feedback has been extremely useful so far - please keep it up, and remember to keep it constructive!

Thanks!

punisher

CHANGES
Flamethrower now has a burning DoT in addition to the channeled damage
Rapid Reload now gives a slight damage buff if used under 25% Ammo to give it a stronger role in the rotation than just an Ammo restore button
Buckshot Blast now deals triple damage after Head Shot instead of only above 90% Ammo, which should allow it to be used throughout the rotation instead of only at the beginning
Rocket-propelled Grenade now deals double damage to targets near the impact point, giving it the role of a multi-purpose alternative single target spender with AoE power
Various powers have had damage tuning and cost adjustments

O8isBqp.png

Groot movie team up :D

team up phase one revamp was meant to be feb but last we heard delayed till end of march. with ahcievements now delayed till mid march earliest i expect another delay on phase 1 team up

also

Spoilers included:

Slightly upgraded UI for player's name

Loki costume as an achievement reward

Old Lace "Urban Camo" achievement reward

Classic Firestar Team-Up achievement reward

"Demonslayer" title achievement reward

A few achievements in the User Interface

2ToEYHv.jpg

a6drIYQ.png

BDUFeXd.png

xUzEcsQ.png

zr5bY19.png

OitkJaI.png

cBkaZfO.png

NnBJJts.png

Hank Pym will be Ant Man if we add him, so we can have access to all of Hank Pym's cool stuff.

We are not sure if he will be in the Advance Pack, but we are experimenting with some designs and would definitely like him to be in the pack.

Still unsure on the final hero for Advance Pack 2. We have a few good designs that we are thinking about, but we probably won't know for a couple of months. Whatever we choose, it will be good.

Indeed every hero has the following three "standard" achievements in addition to their own flavorful achievements:

Reach level 60

Collect their respective uniques

Defeat Doom in 180 seconds (to make sure you actually know how to play the hero and didn't just wander around in Midtown for 60 levels using your basic attacks) story mode that is

doomsaw said the achievements like kill x mobs with x power etc arent at final numbers either

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
02/25/15: Relics will be getting a review.

NEW MH DOWNLOADER
02/25/15 ETA: Mid March The new downloader does not have a rate limiter. It patches on a per file basis rather than sequential patches. The download and the patch will apply at the same time making everything faster than it currently works now.

relics are pretty poo lol

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
if anyone is looking to farm omega points best time is saturday and sunday due to cosmic event. if you wanna take it step further farm cosmic mandarin it works out 30% more than any other terminal due to him having lunar buff still.

even at end of omega week it doesnt work out better than saturday or sunday cos of cosmic event not running then

Just 60'd Hawkeye. I own 36 heroes and 24 of them are now level 60. Though I'm probably going to prestige a few of them. The Hulk is the only hero I've prestige so far. I'm actually questioning if i'm ever going to play some heroes.

if anyone is looking to farm omega points best time is saturday and sunday due to cosmic event. if you wanna take it step further farm cosmic mandarin it works out 30% more than any other terminal due to him having lunar buff still.

even at end of omega week it doesnt work out better than saturday or sunday cos of cosmic event not running then

You sure about that? The server side buff is multiplicative. Once it gets to 192% on the last day, popping boosts gets you ridiculous numbers. You can go up to almost 25 times non-boosted experience with everything popped. Double orbs and 96% experience is better up to a certain point, but by no means should surpass the last couple days of Omega with all possible exp boosts popped.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
amthua is getting worse with the uniques
slot 5 iceman
NOtOKcY.jpg

so the unique buffs iceman's range skills but has a melee proc lol

slot 1
x8CsB6s.jpg

slot2
Z1b5RdV.jpg

slot 3
c8HJNJn.jpg

slot4
EUs9sMT.jpg

the last day omega gets buffed it never lasts that long cos of patch and most people are either working or sleeping etc.

Top Bottom