• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Dec

You would never be able to use "that ability" whenever you want. Either it takes combo points or it has a 10 second cooldown. And combo point chararcter by default are built with legitimate decision making gameplay (multiple finishers for different situations). So yeah, I find them a step up from regular old DoT stackers.

I agree that combo points are an interesting melee mechanic but the multiple finishers option never actually happens. There is a best one, where the others can be legitimate choices, and better in certain situations but since we are limited in skill points, you can't take more than one without being less efficient somewhere else, defeating the purpose.

They are different, just not "better" for me. Could be much more.

When looking at Rogues or something in WoW, they use a combo point system but have a huge array of options for how to spend them that are all legitimate at some point. Someone like Luke Cage's are just do you want more damage but a terrible animation, less damage and a better animation, or even less damage and some dodge rating for X seconds.

I actually really hope we get a good combo point character (and by good I don't mean ttk).

Biggest flaws with the combo system on Daredevil:

- Maximizing utility entails reaching five points at the smallest time interval possible
- Majority of powers do not generate combo points
- Combo system is merely an end-point multiplier

So you get a lot of options that overlap, a bunch of powers that have their utility diminished due not generating points, and there's nothing to it other than filling it up fast to multiply end damage.

I agree that combo points are an interesting melee mechanic but the multiple finishers option never actually happens.

DD is like that. And I was thinking more along the lines of him with what I said and not so much Luke Cage (whose design at this point is super outdated).

Biggest flaws with the combo system on Daredevil:

- Maximizing utility entails reaching five points at the smallest time interval possible
- Majority of powers do not generate combo points
- Combo system is merely an end-point multiplier

So you get a lot of options that overlap, a bunch of powers that have their utility diminished due not generating points, and there's nothing to it other than filling it up fast to multiply end damage.

This is all inherent to combo point characters in general. As a whole though, it all works out.

Lord Phol

Uhm, So I think they've started to roll out items for the ones who got hacked before:

4D9689581D845A2219E8070BD77EBD1FC64B8850

7A6B914DF74832167D93C0569733274E8357CC5A

BA68F5D87EBB4D0FC6052ED2568AEFFFA3BC7B47

If so and not some weird bug then damn kudos to you Gaz!

Dec

DD is like that. And I was thinking more along the lines of him with what I said and not so much Luke Cage (whose design at this point is super outdated).

I will have to brush up on DD as I haven't played him in 6+ months but with the games broken implementation of crowd control, it is inherently a bit less interesting than it could be.

I think it would be interesting to have skills that don't use all of your combo points as well. I remember the thief in Guild Wars 2 being this way and it making the gap between doing cool attacks and regular boring attacks a lot smaller.

I'm personally eyeing those Spider serums.

I always wish I had good artifacts like that but I never put enough time into grinding them out, I'm always leveling or prestiging.

Lord Phol

So many goks :eek:

Yeah those are actually all the ones I lost! Farmed them all on pretty much the same day thanks to that Declarius luck :D. The Zola box and the serums were all from gaz, so that's cool.
Edit: Nope my bad, 4 of those goks and the zolas were mine so got 4 serums and another gok for free :d. I think.. Anyways, now I can play Nova again without feeling crippled!

I'm personally eyeing those Spider serums.

I always wish I had good artifacts like that but I never put enough time into grinding them out, I'm always leveling or prestiging.

Tell you what, one of those is now yours! I got them for free and I don't play that much atm so 1-2 less won't matter to me. PM or post here when you are online and I'll try to login :).

Sblargh

Banned
Comic book question. The Punisher gender swap is the girl that was introduced during Greg Rucka's run?

I'm always meaning to actually go back and read that.

inky

did u look into your security and change your pw/scan your system? better make sure it doesn't happen again, and delete your registration on marvel.info

Yes, I also stopped sharing my account login info with strangers on reddit. Don't know if that will work tho.

Comic book question. The Punisher gender swap is the girl that was introduced during Greg Rucka's run?

I'm always meaning to actually go back and read that.

I've never been a huge Punisher fan, but that story is alright. The art is the best thing about it. It's a better Daredevil story than a Punisher story, though.

Bought my first +challenge bonus recipe last night. +Strength and had enough for one, so I promptly replaced my +Intelligence on Hulk's slot 1.

Now have +Str, +Str, +Str, +Fig, +Str on Hulk's uniques. 32 Strength total. Feels good.

Still need a good Radioactive Core with +Str, +400loh and Invul, and a decent Insignia to replace the one I've got now (and then Cosmic it), but he's quickly shaping up to be my most geared character.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
david said on stream theres a reputation system coming and itll be weekly fun and forgiving

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
new item coming to game that will power up your items, said think back to diablo 2. horadric cube ?

gems also confrmed

crafting is gettinb overhaul and there wont be a gem crafter to level up

Ploid 3.0

I'm surprised there won't be a gem crafter, not even Stark Tech, maybe a cosmic character would be more suited if there was than Stark though.

Make the Infinity Gauntlet!

Sblargh

Banned
Reputation system is that bullshit system that is in all MMOs and that makes all of their endgame boring and frustrating?

inky

Iso-8 is just a virtual currency. We've already got those.

Although I think in some games it's kind of an item boost. Think slottable gems, but they are tied to monetization shennanigans.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
would be nice if we got new content. from whats been said its looking like we are gonna get loads of content at once (danger room and new chapter both slated for summer) new raid is due out by end of month she hulk is ahead of schedule, big ten is returning this month and u will be able to vote on christmas returning

gems is probs raid 2 currency that would fit in with how they are saying it will change all items.

i hate how every game does the same thing tho you know the gems are gonna be the standard crit chance or dmg etc.

this is there chance to change that and make gems for all heroes that change skills like i dunno caps shield toss throws 2 shields instead. thats just an idea of top of my idea but everything feels same i dont need more dmg etc change something skill wise instead. thats why i like diablos set items and legendary in d3 they change all the skills etc.

Boo, reputation systems! Such a stupid and artificial gate to force grinding on a player base. Unless there's something absolutely deal breaking with not grinding them up, consider me out on that front.

Boo, reputation systems! Such a stupid and artificial gate to force grinding on a player base. Unless there's something absolutely deal breaking with not grinding them up, consider me out on that front.

Could someone explain this to me? The only rep system I'm familiar with is the one on Xbox Live.

Bladelaw

In many MMOs there are factions you can align yourself with. If you do missions for these factions you earn "reputation" or experience with that faction. Generally those factions have items or skills you want and will only sell them to you at certain reputation levels.

As others have noted it's an artificial way to add some more grind by gating content (probably items/gems here) behind this system.

In many MMOs there are factions you can align yourself with. If you do missions for these factions you earn "reputation" or experience with that faction. Generally those factions have items or skills you want and will only sell them to you at certain reputation levels.

As others have noted it's an artificial way to add some more grind by gating content (probably items/gems here) behind this system.

That sounds unfun. Is this related to the changes to supergroups?

Bladelaw

That sounds unfun. Is this related to the changes to supergroups?

No one outside Gaz really knows. I'm super wary about this hopefully they'll do something interesting with the concept. I'm not interested in grinding out rep for SHIELD, X-Men, Defenders, etc. but if the missions are interesting (not just typed LQs) and the rewards are worth the effort (Crimson Box/Blue Box) then I'll go for it.

I'm worried about them just rejiggering LQs for missions. I'm also worried there will be a max rep per day thing. I don't care if a nolifer can max out rep in a day. Occasionally I'll have one day I can go nuts levelling/Omega farming and I don't want my progress artifically hampered like that.

Gothos

If the reputation will work the same way as vendors than maxing them won't be a problem. Just sell them those 500k chests from 5 duplicate uniques :)

If the reputation will work the same way as vendors than maxing them won't be a problem. Just sell them those 500k chests from 5 duplicate uniques :)

Well they specifically said they won't be adding any more vendors to level up this year. I would assume that same process would extend to whatever this ends up being too.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
i also asked in stream about supergroup changes and david was very silent and said not any time soon

Top Bottom