• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Dat new Iceman sig. Most people should be happy with this.

Didn't get much testing time, but damage is great and the summon build is still viable (don't even bother listening to the incorrect knee-jerk complaints on the forums). Still squishy as hell though.

The problem now is deciding on what skills to take. More good ones than you can spec into.

read all there posts about summons

By changing icemans summon to scale off summon damage they now hit like a wet noodle unless you gear for summons. However if you gear for summons there is not enough in his kit to make that work (Most summoners would have abilities with the summon tag to benefit from the summon +damage) At rank 50 with 50 in the summon passive they are criting for 60k. That is not enough to make a summon build work.

that is not viable frostinferno and you know that.

that is not viable frostinferno and you know that.

I just ran a test earlier with my spec from the last TC build before trying out the new stuff and the damage was still good. I'll still need to do more testing to see exactly where it falls in terms of tuning, but it's nothing like what people are saying.

Also Iceman is not Squirrel Girl. He is not a summoner even if you spec him as such. The golems are there to complement his other two builds. People shouldn't be expecting his summons to do all the work, you still need to have a fully functioning set of ranged or melee skills. Furthermore his construct focus power makes the golems keep permanent aggro off of Iceman which is an invaluable tool. If he remained untouchable along with his previous amounts of damage, even the likes of Venom and Hulk would be jealous.

I'm not saying the tuning is correct just yet, but people are either doing something wrong or looking at this wrong. I'll post more when I'm home and get more hands on time with the build.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
I just ran a test earlier with my spec from the last TC build before trying out the new stuff and the damage was still good. I'll still need to do more testing to see exactly where it falls in terms of tuning, but it's nothing like what people are saying.

Also Iceman is not Squirrel Girl. He is not a summoner even if you spec him as such. The golems are there to complement his other two builds. People shouldn't be expecting his summons to do all the work, you still need to have a fully functioning set of ranged or melee skills. Furthermore his construct focus power makes the golems keep permanent aggro off of Iceman which is an invaluable tool. If he remained untouchable along with his previous amounts of damage, even the likes of Venom and Hulk would be jealous.

I'm not saying the tuning is correct just yet, but people are either doing something wrong or looking at this wrong. I'll post more when I'm home and get more hands on time with the build.

i think the problem is if your doing summon and using other powers tha passive handicaps your damage. his summon powers arent summon tagged and he doesnt have enough of them there fore they dont gain + summon damage.

so not only are you losing the damage from passive your losing damage from no summon damage gain. so going summon and range/melee your handicapping your damage than if you did just melee or range or hybrid range/melee with no summon

i think the problem is if your doing summon and using other powers tha passive handicaps your damage. his summon powers arent summon tagged and he doesnt have enough of them there fore they dont gain + summon damage.

so not only are you losing the damage from passive your losing damage from no summon damage gain. so going summon and range/melee your handicapping your damage than if you did just melee or range or hybrid range/melee with no summon

Every form of hybrid gains its own set of benefits, which balances out the damage output (or at least it should, theoretically, if Gaz spent proper time testing). The damage rating loss may seem like a lot, but it really isn't when you break it down and look at the numbers. There will need to be testing done to see if it all works out, but that's the entire point of the TC. Also, if you like summons to be a big part of your kit, you should be speccing into the construct focus anyway. Not using the ranged/melee focus with just the summon power.

His summons not getting summon tagged is odd though, so we'll have to wait and see if that's intentional.

Btw Queen, that same guy you quoted a couple posts up just posted this:

Ok Summon iceman fans. I would like to apologize to gaz for jumping down their throats. I was wrong. I am currently getting low 40 sec TTK as a full summoner Iceman with horrible unique's and no costume affixes/core

This is why I was trying to curb confusion from the inevitable onslaught of negative posts in the feedback thread in my first post.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
What happened to Hereafter?

sold his main gear by accident. if you right click an item whilst in the vendor it doesnt ask to confirm. hereafter was swapping items etc and right clicked his main items which sold them. its stupid because if you try donating an item it will pop up a confirm box. he had to log off for family and realised after

support has bsically said to him fuck you we cannot do anything. if only i hacked him instead he would get it all back and duplicates

Lol don't feel bad it's only a game.

One that I'm not going to be playing anymore. Was fun guys, except for that part when I met Kepow. I'm still scarred.
its only a game but i enjoyed playing with you but i have you on steam :p

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Did you think you were at your stash instead of the vendor?

i thikn hes gone already lol

i see his point tho its an easy mistake ( iknow the buy back is there but you right click many things to auto put in stash and equip etc) i find it dumb how donating has a confirm but selling doesnt lol.

KePoW

Banned
Lol don't feel bad it's only a game.

One that I'm not going to be playing anymore. Was fun guys, except for that part when I met Kepow. I'm still scarred.

whoa datz krazy

Let's make sure to meet up in the next game, how about HOTS

is buyback immediately wiped when logging off??

Hereafter

Did you think you were at your stash instead of the vendor?

I was between Ben and the Vendor. Just left holo and decided to re-equip. Pressed I. Right clicked on my slot 2-5 items.

Son was yelling for me. I was wondering where my stuff was for a sec and thought it was lag so didn't think about too much and logged out.

I'm guessing somewhere between everything I clicked on the vendor.

is buyback immediately wiped when logging off??

Yes.

I was between Benand the Vendor. Just left holo and decided to re-equip. Pressed I. Right clicked on my slot 2-5 items.

Son was yelling for me. I was wondering where my stuff was for a sec and thought it was lag so didn't think about too much and logged out.

I'm guessing somewhere between everything I clicked on the vendor.

Ouch, crappy situation. They really should have a WoW style item restore in this game.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Yes.

Ouch, crappy situation. They really should have a WoW style item restore in this game.

thats why i said if i hacked him he would get it all back and double lol although id be banned but sitll lol

they can clearly track that he sold the item. they only thing they couldnt was dropped items

I've been gone for three months and still have better gear than Hereafter.

For real, that sucks and I hope they can hook you up. :( Maybe we'll run a supergroup donation party or something.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Ryan Collins ‏@Ryolnir 55m55 minutes ago
Punisher's War Journal: I've officially read the worst comments the Internet has to offer. I wish I could ban people on other sites.

he's calling you out Queen! :3

Ploid 3.0

Ryan Collins ‏@Ryolnir 55m55 minutes ago
Punisher's War Journal: I've officially read the worst comments the Internet has to offer. I wish I could ban people on other sites.

he's calling you out Queen! :3

People were saying Gazillion banned people that had the same name as their MH forums name for stuff they said in the MH Reddit threads.

Ploid 3.0

wow you serious??

MHeroes forums banns, not bann from the game, though apparently it's easy to exploit the report system to get people you don't like banned in the game.

CFGX said:
Why would they fix the way trolls exploit their reporting system when Gazillion is on the side of the trolls?

They love that they have an army of sheep that they can sic on anyone who dares make some constructive criticism.

There's also a fair bit of evidence that Gaz looks at critical posts on this sub, finds them on their official forums if they use the same username, and ban them there. My forum ban came when I hadn't posted on the official forums for something like 3 weeks.

Warning Reddit link: http://www.reddit.com/r/marvelheroes/comments/2hfeiv/some_things_you_should_know_about_this_game/

Yeah the moderation on the main forums is really suspect. If you haven't already established yourself as heavily on the side of the devs you're going to get your threads threads shut down quickly if they're critical of something (even if it's constructive).

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
I'm sorry ryolnir that I called out your team for being incompetent for fixing bugs lol

I also find it funny they have addressed that summon and summon tags are borked and they are going to rework it and same time saying that they are releasing hero with summons.

Ploid 3.0

I'm still waiting on the summons rework patch. My Emma and Rocket are waiting. Poor poor Emma.

Maybe it needs "new tech" and will be reworked as they release a summon heavy character...

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
I'm still waiting on the summons rework patch. My Emma and Rocket are waiting. Poor poor Emma.

Maybe it needs "new tech" and will be reworked as they release a summon heavy character...

So 6 - 8 weeks Lol

Currently, Rachel is delayed. If we publish Friday, there is some chance she may make it or be released the following Tuesday. I will let you know.

omfg hahahaha. you delayed punisher for so long and the costume coming with his review still isnt done haha

The Hereafter pain was real. Dude gave me three GOTKs and a Zola before signing off for the evening. :(

I'm going to safeguard your stuff until you get back, bro.
Please come back. Punisher is finally going to be good. And Kepow barely plays anymore, so that's a plus.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Why did he leave? Also can I have some swag? I have only 1 GoK :(

Dec

Hereafter plays this game because there isn't an ARPG he likes better. I feel bad that all your time was wasted dude but on the bright side since you only have time for one game you can try some new shit now.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Yeah the moderation on the main forums is really suspect. If you haven't already established yourself as heavily on the side of the devs you're going to get your threads threads shut down quickly if they're critical of something (even if it's constructive).

I suppose, but the MH forums are still among the best I've ever frequented when it comes to official forums for an online game. Blizzard forums are a well-known cesspool, and SWTOR forums are a fucking case study in echo-chamber delusion.

I suppose, but the MH forums are still among the best I've ever frequented when it comes to official forums for an online game. Blizzard forums are a well-known cesspool, and SWTOR forums are a fucking case study in echo-chamber delusion.

I know what you mean and you're kind of right, and overly positive forums is better than an overly negative one.

I use those forums a lot and I have seen people who were very nice and positive about the game get their forum accounts banned due a few negative comments. It seems to me like the positive attitude over there has been cultivated by specific and targeted moderation.

True constructive criticism is a good thing and Gaz has ignored and deleted some in the past which is not a healthy thing to do in my mind.

I do wonder if this is a holdover from when the game wasn't great just after release and they were trying to recover the games reputation while they worked to actually make it better to play (which the did succeed).

Lothars

I think it's just as bad as any of the other official forums especially in regards to disagreeing with the Dev's.

I have big issues with Gazillion and how they handle a bunch of things and most times if you criticize them than you get torn apart on the forums.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
sucks for hereafter. thank god I dont care about gear in this, that would have driven me nuts if it happened to me (if I care that is). cant imagine how much time he farmed for those items

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
sucks for hereafter. thank god I dont care about gear in this, that would have driven me nuts if it happened to me (if I care that is). cant imagine how much time he farmed for those items

Yeah, that's a good point. I think the only worthwhile item I have on my whole account is a blessed white gorilla necklace, so there's not much I can be upset about if I lost a bunch of items. If i actually had good shit and lost it I would be seriously unhappy.

Dec

If it were gorillas, zolas, goks or anything like that he would have shrugged and put new ones on or rebought them. By slot 2-5 I imagine he was on one of his mains with boss uniques that are high rolled (batrocs are a pain in the fucking ass to get near max) that he simply can't get back without a week or two of farming.

Work work work on progressing your account and meeting goals, and a small mistake takes your progression back a week or two. Back to grinding in areas you thought you were done with to get your account back to where you already were.

Doesn't really matter whose fault it is, I can understand why it is easier to move on when the game was a way to relax after being a dad.

Anyone going to be watching this today? http://schedule.gdconf.com/session/...hty-comeback-of-gazillions-marvel-heroes-2015

From 58 to 81: The Mighty Comeback of Gazillion's Marvel Heroes 2015

In 2013, Gazillion Entertainment released the free-to-play action-RPG Marvel Heroes to a Metacritic score of 58 and to a lukewarm fan base. In the time since, however, the rebranded Marvel Heroes 2015 has turned things around with the force of the Hulk during a Chitauri invasion, leading to a new Metacritic score of 81 and to more satisfied players than ever. Join Gazillion CEO David Brevik (creator of Diablo and Diablo II) as he reveals the answers to some of your biggest questions: How did what started as "just another comic book game" transform itself into one of the most highly rated super hero experiences of all time? What has this meant for the game's popularity? And how did Gazillion do it without resorting the super-villainy some gamers consider inherent to free-to-play business models? All will be revealed

Wonder if he'll reference Limited Edition Costumes.

As much as we've ragged on Gaz here lately, they do deserve a lot of credit for getting the game to where it is now. Hopefully the more recent "downward" trend they've been experiencing is just a temporary hiccup.

Rhaknar

81 is one of the most highly rated superhero games ever? lol

edit: also that line about "f2p super villainy" is hilarious because Gaz's model is just as bad as any other, we just dont mind paying it. Which I now understand is what people that play other f2p games say also. Thats why I dont judge f2p games anymore, when I became a "whale" myself

Top Bottom