• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

KePoW

Banned
Boo, reputation systems! Such a stupid and artificial gate to force grinding on a player base. Unless there's something absolutely deal breaking with not grinding them up, consider me out on that front.

actually I prefer a non-monetary MMO reputation system over a mobile-like Pay system

not saying I love MMO reputation systems but at least you're not getting gouged on money for it

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'm not inherently against reputation mechanics, it all depends on how they are implemented. Just look at WoW, daily quests/turn ins vs grinding mobs for hours.

Rep systems can work. I don't have high hopes for this one to be good though.

If it ends up being hero specific then I'll probably just do it on my Spidey and go back to leveling/prestiging.

Sblargh

Banned
Could someone explain this to me? The only rep system I'm familiar with is the one on Xbox Live.

The eyes/hearts system is a reputation system, afaik. You grind a specific currency that can be used only on a certain vendor, usually to buy endgame gear.

On MMOs, this is usually the entire (or the most important/reliable) endgame gearing process. You grind a dungeon a gazillion times, each time you acquire one token and after you have a gazillion tokens, you buy one tiny bit of upgrade for some gear.

Which is usually what burns me out of an MMO as soon as I hit the endgame. Marvel Heroes, of course, is different. There is a lot of grindable stuff, but to their credit, it doesn't feel as boring/frustrating and "play 20 hours to get a small upgrade". Even eyes and hearts unlock recipes that then unlock higher level gear for all your characters. And even then, you can either do the weekly raid, the one-shots/daillies or a mix of both.

Which is what makes this confusing and scary to me. If Marvel Heroes already has the superior system, why introduce the point where every other MMO fails?

Edit: It also pisses me off that I have to earn reputation with a faction that I probably already done a fuckload of work with while leveling. This will just piss me off more. "I'm sorry, Captain America, you need to prove yourself first before having access to our gear". I WON WW2 YOU ASSHOLES!

On MMOs, this is usually the entire (or the most important/reliable) endgame gearing process. You grind a dungeon a gazillion times, each time you acquire one token and after you have a gazillion tokens, you buy one tiny bit of upgrade for some gear.

Don't we already have that with the Dragonfire stuff, and the omega points? Wouldn't this just be a third currency to grind for end game gear, and effects?

actually I prefer a non-monetary MMO reputation system over a mobile-like Pay system

not saying I love MMO reputation systems but at least you're not getting gouged on money for it

What does a mobile pay system have to do with reputation grinding? You mean because Marvel Heroes is *technically* a free game? Because I refuse to touch one of those games where you have to pay money to unlock more fuel for your car or whatever. Screw it.

Edit: It also pisses me off that I have to earn reputation with a faction that I probably already done a fuckload of work with while leveling. This will just piss me off more. "I'm sorry, Captain America, you need to prove yourself first before having access to our gear". I WON WW2 YOU ASSHOLES!

Haha! Yeah, none of this will be retroactive. And the very concept of earning reputation when you are a freaking superhero makes zero sense. Thor is a god and doesn't have to prove himself to the citizens of Hell's Kitchen.

Thor is a god and doesn't have to prove himself to the citizens of Hell's Kitchen.

Ok "Thor" of so called "Earth 6124." Get in the back of the line. No not THAT line. That line is reserve for Beta Ray Bill knockoffs. Yes they all have a hammer but if the line gets too long, the AIM factory down the street starts complaining.

Sblargh

Banned
Don't we already have that with the Dragonfire stuff, and the omega points? Wouldn't this just be a third currency to grind for end game gear, and effects?

Yeah, it's what I think. What worries me is that, now, it's a "system"; meaning possibly new grinding unrewarding mechanics.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
like i said all the devs have been saying each raid will add something. im guessing gems are the raid 2 feature maybe. considering its been touted as raid 2 will change how you gear heroes etc.

KePoW

Banned
What does a mobile pay system have to do with reputation grinding? You mean because Marvel Heroes is *technically* a free game? Because I refuse to touch one of those games where you have to pay money to unlock more fuel for your car or whatever. Screw it.

I brought it up because someone earlier said there's a rumor MH might implement a mobile pay2win type system too

But that's what I mean, I absolutely refuse to play those games like you said. So if MH actually does that... screw that shit

I can deal with a WoW rep system, I don't mind that

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
that fact that doomsaw has said numerous times they arent even working on a mobile app i doubt that rumor has any significance and thats first time ive heard anyone ever mention mobile pay2win stuff so kepow check your sources.

in other news surely achievements are a grind too right.

specifacally the ones that award artifacts like the advanced magneto shirt by killing the brotherhood x amount of times in midtown.

KePoW

Banned
that fact that doomsaw has said numerous times they arent even working on a mobile app i doubt that rumor has any significance and thats first time ive heard anyone ever mention mobile pay2win stuff so kepow check your sources

My source is fro !

But of course I hope it's just speculation

I'm on cellphone right now, but someone on last page was speculating I think affe

I just hope Gaz never even considers it, because I will never come back for that

They have talked about a phone app but I believe it was more along the lines of an app that lets you view your heroes, your stash and maybe do some reorganising.

I guess a pay2win phone thing is possible but I've never seen or heard anything that would suggest it myself.

Sblargh

Banned
I heard they will add a 15 dollar subscription and if you miss a month, they'll delete all your heroes and items.

My source is Kepow.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
few changes that are up on tc right now

boss indicator

PVdOTbo.jpg

hub section when you go to waypoint. hope they ad training room there too

o75NNdf.jpg

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Kepow isn't directly involved in any blood feuds, he just inadvertently leads to them.

KePoW

Banned
What would a mobile pay2win system for a game that doesn't have a win state even look like?

Well I don't play any of those cellphone in-app pay games, but I heard you can pay for XP boosts and stuff like that to advance. I'm just hoping MH never does anything like that, but as others said on this page it might just be random speculation

Kepow does seem like the blood feuding type. Makes sense to me.

Kepow isn't directly involved in any blood feuds, he just inadvertently leads to them.

Heh heh I think now yall have finally implanted in my head that the Brevik guy had nothing to do with the blood feud I thought I heard about, lol. Now I finally remember for good.

Anoregon

Are blood feuds what happen when vampire clans go to war?

KePoW

Banned
Are blood feuds what happen when vampire clans go to war?

lol no...

I guess it's just a regional term depending where you are in the world. In Texas "blood feud" means like a serious real-life heated dispute between two people, where they cuss each other out. Not as a joke, but like real cussing.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
this practically confirms horadric cube cube equivalent

Marvel-Heroes-Datamine-04.02.15.x11.png

item stark power cube

Sblargh

Banned
Kapow is a name that makes sense; it's an onomatopea for explosion. Kepow is the name that should be mocked.

Says Sblargh

Not sure if I like that costume or not. I'd probably stick with my classic costume if I got it though.

The gender swap Punisher looks nice too, it's been a while since I saw it, forgot what it looked like.

KePoW

Banned
You want us to harass you on your alt account?

hahha fro, it's actually funny you say that. Because my initial honest reaction when I first saw his post was to do a double-take for half a second... I was like, wait that's not my alt account name is it??

so it confused me too!

Dat new Iceman sig. Most people should be happy with this.

Didn't get much testing time, but damage is great and the summon build is still viable (don't even bother listening to the incorrect knee-jerk complaints on the forums). Still squishy as hell though.

The problem now is deciding on what skills to take. More good ones than you can spec into.

Top Bottom