• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Gaz and there bugs. that costume for colo isnt meant to be up yet haha spacezero (costume dev posted this

How did that get in there? Don't trust what you see comrades...

x34NmQY.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Well, I didn't played any version of Winter Soldier, but a bunch of people said that he is a good character, now. Which means declarius is wrong.

Look, they need a way better way to do QA; that's a given and we've spoken about it before, my point is: this *is* a damn good Marvel game, by a team that listened to feedback to turn crap into a game that has been a very and enjoyable ride for me for many months now and that continues to do so.

It is a good game, one that well deserved all the accolades for how the product was handled since a bad release and, I believe, still deserves accolade for how it is handled each time new hero or content is released.

its a good game coupled with a great license, and makes the best out of said license. Isnt the number 1 reason many (most?) of us play it the "Marvel-ness" of it. I know for a fact that if it was the exact same game with generic non-actual heroes I wouldnt have touched it with a 10 foot pole, much less put money in it.

its still riddled with bugs and weird decisions (especially lately), and after the wonderment wares off (which, granted, after almost 2 years, it was bound to), all the f2p shit is more noticiable. But I never took the game "seriously" tho, so the bugs usually dont really affect me. Hero is buggy? Oh well Ill just play another. Gear is missing? I didnt really farm it, it just dropped once. Quests are bugged? Guess ill get that coulson team up down the road instead of now. Etc

Sblargh

Banned
If it wasn't a marvel game, I guess it would be a hidden gem kind of thing and died a silent death. But as a marvel fanboy, this game does a lot right.

As you said, they really make the best out of the license.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So patch at noon PST today. No fix for Iceman's spirit issues, but otherwise HYPE. Rhaknar you ain't ready for this Iceman.

im actually very excited. Not playing for awhile + Heroes getting to the "ok im used to this I can play whenever" phase, plus me being off work all adds up to hopefully a good time with Iceman. Spirit issues worries me tho, thats the one thing I cant stand, much more than low dmg or whatever

edit: what the flying fuck steam, my game is gone. I have to redownload it o_O 32gigs sigh

edit: hmm actually steam is "discovering existing files for Marvel Heroes 2015" hmm...guess it had a brain fart. I did have a blue screen randomly yesterday (I didnt even know blue screens still existed)

Sblargh

Banned
Arguing about names aside, yes, we would like to add Ms. Marvel/Kamala Khan/the biggest success of Marvel NOW! to that game.

She's seriously great and would be a lot of fun. Thanks for the tech Mr. Fantastic!

Yes, please!

Reed tech + ant-man tech = Ms. Marvel!

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
this made me laugh

The double Cosmic Orbs was not intended to be on still. It is being removed now.

Please PM me when things seem off in an event. You don't have to worry about me telling your friends that you had us fix the event, it's the nice thing to do.

like they really went out of there way to turn them off for the last 12 hours or so when that thread has been up since the start saying what the xp boost is

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Oh wow, I'm surprised the patch is today. That means I can be Flamethrower Frank after work! I have over 800 splinters as well, so I'll be keeping my eye on Iceman but I'm not really sold yet.

I ended this week at 1460 omega files, so I should be able to get Coulson towards the end of the next Omega event. Would be cool if that timing coincides with the team-up revamp, but that is probably a longer ways out.

Rhaknar

so patch is today, I assume at some ungodly european hour?

The other nice thing about MH is most patches have something for everyone, even total f2p'ers. Don't have enough splinters for Iceman? Punisher is awesome now. Don't have Frank? Midtown Madness all week.

That said, Iceman's a potential new main.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
brevik came home on junglequeens stream last night and mentioned about is presentation. jade raymond who was leading assassins creed dev who now left. asked him a question/pishing for infomation on how many staff they have and if they make money on what they do.

KePoW

Banned
brevik came home on junglequeens stream last night and mentioned about is presentation. jade raymond who was leading assassins creed dev who now left. asked him a question/pishing for infomation on how many staff they have and if they make money on what they do.

Wait, Raymond asked Brevik that on his twitch stream? That's weird, she was just in the chat?

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Wait, Raymond asked Brevik that on his twitch stream? That's weird, she was just in the chat?

erm i mentioned the presentation ad gdc thought that would explain enough. yea she asked him at his gdc presentation that question

brevik also mentioned about they were building a patch for live for today and they had a bug with one of punishers skills where it was destroying rocks in the surtur fight lol
the patch is so late because after they fixed that bug they rebuilt the patch and he then had a bug with his ultimate where in pvp it had no cooldown

so expect a punisher bug tonight :D

In the tradition of past Tragicomedy Hype Posts, I present you with Frank Castle, the Punisher.

I was forged in the freshwater swamp forests of Vietnam. I led my troops against impossible odds. I accepted nothing less than the absolute best from my men.

I punished cowardice and abuse. When I caught my platoon sergeant raping a local woman, I drowned him in front of my men.

After my entire platoon was slaughtered, I single-handedly repelled a Viet Cong invasion of my outpost. I held my ground against 300 VC soldiers. I slaughtered them like pigs. I've never been the same since that day.

I returned a changed man, suffering from extreme PTSD. It took me a long time to reconnect with my family. It took mere seconds for the mafia to take them away from me forever.

I vowed revenge. I took it upon myself to punish evil doers. I don't care if you've stolen from a convenience store or murdered a young child...I will come for you and make you pay.
2eZ46cC.jpg

I come after everyone with the same lethal intensity. I fear no one. I will punish street thugs and super villains alike. I'm skilled with all weapons.

When I need a bit more firepower, I break out the big stuff.

I work alone.

I can take anything you dish out and hit back harder.
KSZVP1D.png

I'm the motherfucking Punfisher.

I will turn a feather duster into a fucking torture device.

I don't give a damn. I will shake Archie's scrawny ass down.

I'm coming for your ass.

LuuKyK

This post is funny. Its like when you are waiting for a movie to climax and it ends abruptly. I mean, what was his answer? Lol

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
This post is funny. Its like when you are waiting for a movie to climax and it ends abruptly. I mean, what was his answer? Lol

he didnt because she was phising for information, she knew it was a question he wouldnt of been able to answer (exactly what brevik on stream)

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I got to leave work early due to weather, so I am home and totes ready to unleash punishment.

Ploid 3.0

On yesterday's stream I liked when JungleQueen mentioned that Gaz was already working on controller when talking about Nvidia Shield and David closed his eyes in a "I can't believe you just spoiled that" way. It's like he forgot it's already been talked about.

They really need to Diablo 3 console this game, so much of a big market for these types of games.

I think Punisher is a stupid comix character, but I'm actually looking forward toward his MH re-work!

He's tied with Daredevil as the very best comic book character. Trust me, I'm an expert, you've brought shame on yourself, yadda yadda yadda.

They really need to Diablo 3 console this game, so much of a big market for these types of games.

I'm only interested in this if the accounts are cross-compatible, which they never are. :( I've sunk way too much time into leveling up the game roster and gearing them out to even consider starting over from scratch. I'm sure it would be a decent enough hit for fresh players, however, and probably make them a good amount of money.

KePoW

Banned
On yesterday's stream I liked when JungleQueen mentioned that Gaz was already working on controller when talking about Nvidia Shield and David closed his eyes in a "I can't believe you just spoiled that" way. It's like he forgot it's already been talked about

Is that jungleyqueen person an actual Gaz employee??

He's tied with Daredevil as the very best comic book character. Trust me, I'm an expert, you've brought shame on yourself, yadda yadda yadda.

I'm only interested in this if the accounts are cross-compatible, which they never are. :( I've sunk way too much time into leveling up the game roster and gearing them out to even consider starting over from scratch. I'm sure it would be a decent enough hit for fresh players, however, and probably make them a good amount of money.

Haha we'll be Punisher twins in the game broski!

And yeah, no way in fucking hell I'm re-leveling another full roster in MH

Well Marvel Heroes is built to be always online, so unlike D3 they'd most likely be able to link the accounts, much like MMOs that are on both consoles and PC do. No couch co-op though.

oh and tra, my favorite comix character is Rouge

Baitin' pretty hard there bro.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
On yesterday's stream I liked when JungleQueen mentioned that Gaz was already working on controller when talking about Nvidia Shield and David closed his eyes in a "I can't believe you just spoiled that" way. It's like he forgot it's already been talked about.

I think a console release would be great. Diablo 3 was a great port and stayed true to the game with everything except the UI and roll-mechanic. What changes would be needed to MH for the console release? I mean, seeing how most likely there would be a $60 entry fee into the game and not free to play, what changes would they have to make?

Haha we'll be Punisher twins in the game broski!

And yeah, no way in fucking hell I'm re-leveling another full roster in MH

oh and tra, my favorite comix character is Rouge

I expect a full legion of Castles running around in game until the novelty wears off. I'm just happy that the greatest Marvel character is finally getting his day in the sun. I pre-ordered him for $15 before the game even released. He was my first level 60 and I stuck faithfully to him for months, even though he was objectively pretty awful. Yes, I rolled the Punisher around in Limbo mode destroying weird alien creatures and collecting threat "debuff" orbs (God that mode sounds as awful as it was). Eventually, I got swept up in the power creep and flashy abilities of shiny new heroes, but Frank Castle has always been my first comic book love.

I won't be on until later this evening, but I feel like I'm coming home. I expect Sblargh had a similar response after sticking with the good Captain through the thick and thin. We made it, bro!
Bbd6VBg.gif

Rouge can be all right when used sparingly, but I prefer the natural look.

Well Marvel Heroes is built to be always online, so unlike D3 they'd most likely be able to link the accounts, much like MMOs that are on both consoles and PC do. No coach co-op though.

Baitin' pretty hard there bro.

If I can transfer my entire account over to the PS4, I'm game to try it out.

I think a console release would be great. Diablo 3 was a great port and stayed true to the game with everything except the UI and roll-mechanic. What changes would be needed to MH for the console release? I mean, seeing how most likely there would be a $60 entry fee into the game and not free to play, what changes would they have to make?
It would still be f2p on consoles.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
EVENT: MIDTOWN MADNESS
The Omega Event will wrap up tonight at Midnight PST, and Midtown Madness will begin!

Bosses in Midtown Manhattan will drop a Midtown Madness box which contains all kinds of loot, including a chance at Midtown specific Uniques, artifacts and rings!

Midtown Fortune cards also drop from bosses during Midtown Madness. These can drop Cosmic Rings, Epic Team-Up Gear, Epic Insignias, Random Cosmic Medallions, special Midtown Uniques, and have a very rare chance to drop a Random Costume or Ultimate Upgrade Token!

ENEMIES: BOSS REVAMP
The first three bosses in Marvel Heroes 2015 have received a revamp of their own!

Black Cat, Living Laser and Green Goblin will now feature improved AI and new powers to improve the opening of the game (as well as their appearances in various gameplay modes). It’s about time the bad guys get a review!

PERFORMANCE: RESOURCE LEAK
Our engineers have located an issue that has been present for quite some time regarding the game not properly deleting data that it had cached. This should result in improved performance over long gameplay sessions. Please let us know if your performance has improved on the forums!

UI: BOSS INDICATOR
Having trouble seeing bosses in multiplayer content? There is now a Boss Indicator! Head to Gameplay options to turn on this new option that places an indicator above each bosses’ head.

UI: HUBS WAYPOINT
A new tab has been added to the Chapter Waypoint menu: hubs! A player can now easily travel to their hub of choice without finding them in their respective chapters.

resource leak and boss indicator and waypoint woooo

omg they have a known issues part they are actually testing lol

KNOWN ISSUES
Frost Nova’s damage vs chilled targets is currently not working

Frozen Blades is a basic power that does not currently allow spirit regeneration

Construct Focus’ active effect shows the incorrect amount of DoT damage on tooltip

Glacial Wall tooltip damage is incorrectly listing higher values than actual damage

Work of Art does not apply 5 stacks of Chill as stated in the tooltip

Indignate

Well Marvel Heroes is built to be always online, so unlike D3 they'd most likely be able to link the accounts, much like MMOs that are on both consoles and PC do. No couch co-op though.

I so very much doubt that.

MS is still very stern about not letting things work cross-platform (which is weird since I believe they were the first to do it with FFXI or PSO or whatever it was).

The best I can see is a one time transferable solution for any one that wants to play on a console rather than PC (aka crazy people).

I so very much doubt that.

MS is still very stern about not letting things work cross-platform (which is weird since I believe they were the first to do it with FFXI or PSO or whatever it was).

The best I can see is a one time transferable solution for any one that wants to play on a console rather than PC (aka crazy people).

Then the Xbox One simply won't get the game. Wouldn't be a smart move on Gaz's part to limit the playerbase to each specific console for a game like this. The communities wouldn't be big enough.

Indignate

Then the Xbox One simply won't get the game. Wouldn't be a smart move on Gaz's part to limit the playerbase to each specific console for a game like this. The communities wouldn't be big enough.

There are plenty of people who don't play games on PC and own one of the consoles. I don't see ehy Gaz shouldn't warrant them as potential costumers or how separating them from PC players would mean anything to that affect. Community hardly even matters in this game.

Top Bottom