• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

I can think of two specs for every character: raiding and general PVE. A lot of characters give up significant AOE abilities to focus more on single target output for raiding. This allows you to have both.

KePoW

Banned
Just my opinion, but all of the above are what I consider very minor non-essential reasons. (excluding Rouge)

As opposed to Holy Trinity MMOs where being a Tank or Healer is completely different and mandatory to have dual-specs.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
omega lasts until friday so no thursday patch

Just my opinion, but all of the above are what I consider very minor non-essential reasons. (excluding Rouge)

As opposed to Holy Trinity MMOs where being a Tank or Healer is completely different and mandatory to have dual-specs.

It's definitely not essential, but if they are giving us dual specs for free, you better believe I'm going to have an AOE farming spec and a raiding spec on every character.

I can't see myself spending money for any extra specs beyond that, though. I've played tank/healer characters, or healer/damage ones and it was definitely mandatory there.

KePoW

Banned
It's definitely not essential, but if they are giving us dual specs for free, you better believe I'm going to have an AOE farming spec and a raiding spec on every character.

I can't see myself spending money for any extra specs beyond that, though. I've played tank/healer characters, or healer/damage ones and it was definitely mandatory there.

True, if they're giving us one for free, I won't refuse it or anything.

But like you said, definitely not paying for it

Spoit

That's a funny tip. But killing Sents in MM isn't too bad in a full party

It's bugged right now, so that if anyone else hits the sentinel/any of the mobs for the other ones, no one gets any credit.

Supposed to be fixed i nthe next patch though

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
37/38

loaded up my 30 Punisher, he had no spec (I assume from when they reset everyone when the auras changed some patches ago), tried to figure out a spec but his talents are so fucking bad...theres no rhyme or reason to any of it, its a bunch of offensive spells, all with no cooldown, all look the same, there seems to be no flow to his spells at all

I ended up getting the 3 passives because fuck it, flame thrower, rocket launcher, the dot mine and...err... thats it I think. I put 1 point in the vulnerability mine, and I dont know what else to get, or care really, it all looks the same. what a shit character (pre review). No offense Tragic.

This last grind is going to suck :/

Forgot how amazing this event was for XP/Omega. Damn. Like 20+ points in the sliver of time I spent in there last night.

Focusing on my Iron Man again, trying to get the Vision pet upgraded.

Rhaknar

Forgot how amazing this event was for XP/Omega. Damn. Like 20+ points in the sliver of time I spent in there last night.

Focusing on my Iron Man again, trying to get the Vision pet upgraded.

yeah the xp part is true, I went from 57 and half to 59 just in holo sim earlier on Cable while doing the shared quest

in fact, I guess if I have to suffer Punisher, I might as well do it now, esoecially now that the buff is starting to big quite big. Ill just do it and never think about it again until the review, then I can just level the new characters as they come out

edit: ok this kinda makes me want to play Punisher :p

6IUddja.jpg

Moondrop

Banned
Absolutely, I'm knocking off my least enjoyable characters. Hope to get Loki to 60 before it's over.

Later my impressions on my most recent 60s, including a defense of Hawkeye. :p

Vecks

Yeah, xp has gotten really good at this point. I originally planned to shelve the cosmic prestige until cosmic chaos returned, but now that I'm getting almost 1% of xp per LQ, I think I can probably reach 60 before the patch.

Yeah, xp has gotten really good at this point. I originally planned to shelve the cosmic prestige until cosmic chaos returned, but now that I'm getting almost 1% of xp per LQ, I think I can probably reach 60 before the patch.

I'd really love to give Iron Man some prestiges as he's my main now, but it's that whole issue of the downtime between each 60 (and missing Raids/Events etc).

Drayco21

As much as I hate the different character/gender-swap enhanced costumes, I'd buy a Golden Oldie surfer enhanced or a team-up on day one, no matter the cost.

So they'd probably make it Fortune Card exclusive :lol

I could sit here all night and post amazing Punisher stuff, but the Royals are playing their first playoff game since I was four years old.

anyone need a 348 Physical Danger AI?

Come on, bud. Give it to me in honor of the Royals and their improbably 12th inning victory!

Any word on the Psylocke and Ghost Rider quality of life updates? I'm holding off on playing Ghost Rider until he is "fixed."

Psylocke is probably my best geared character and ready to raid. I'm holding off on playing her more until I see what gets changed, and her Lady Mandarin costume releases. Seriously, best looking costume they've shown so far.

Drayco21

Any word on the Psylocke and Ghost Rider quality of life updates? I'm holding off on playing Ghost Rider until he is "fixed."

A couple days ago:
Doomsaw said:
Ghost Rider players,

MichaelMayhem has completed his initial design implementation of Ghost Rider's quality-of-life pass.

It's in Alpha Tesitng right now for iteration and to spot any bugs. We will need public beta testing in about 2 weeks.

Once all of the testing is done and it is released, I'll start a fresh feedback post (after people have had about a week to explore the changes).

So we'll probably see more around Rich's release.

I've lost interest. All I do is login every day for 30 secs to get the daily reward and then X out. I dunno, this happens from time to time. I'll probably get back into it in a couple months. If anyone wants to use my account to do whatever, lmk. I've got a lot of heroes you can play or test out, also a bunch of 60s.

60s: Cyclops, Black Widow, Hulk, Raccoon, Ms Marvel, Thing, Colossus, Squirrel Girl, Emma Frost

Unleveled: Dr Strange, Deadpool, Cable, Punisher, Daredevil, Scarlet Witch, Storm, Captain America, Taskmaster, Hawkeye, Moon Knight

Just PM me if you want to use it.

Rhaknar

I've lost interest. All I do is login every day for 30 secs to get the daily reward and then X out. I dunno, this happens from time to time. I'll probably get back into it in a couple months. If anyone wants to use my account to do whatever, lmk. I've got a lot of heroes you can play or test out, also a bunch of 60s.

60s: Cyclops, Black Widow, Hulk, Raccoon, Ms Marvel, Thing, Colossus, Squirrel Girl, Emma Frost

Unleveled: Dr Strange, Deadpool, Cable, Punisher, Daredevil, Scarlet Witch, Storm, Captain America, Taskmaster, Hawkeye, Moon Knight

Just PM me if you want to use it.

thats the nature of the event, although burn out is real, and normal. Also giving out your account is neither smart, and its agains the TOS just so you know (I have no idea if they check IPs and shit tho)

thats the nature of the event, although burn out is real, and normal. Also giving out your account is neither smart, and its agains the TOS just so you know (I have no idea if they check IPs and shit tho)
It might be against TOS but nothing will happen. It's not like I'm selling it.

I'm gonna give ArchAge a shot. Anyone try that?

A couple days ago:

So we'll probably see more around Rich's release.

Yeah, I saw that. It basically said they were going to alpha test the changes. I'm more interested in a written list of the changes, so the community can comment on them. One major problem with Gaz is they design all these large changes to the game, then rarely provide adequate time for the player base to test and provide feedback on them. Their aggressive patch schedule basically means that major content changes get less than a week for people to try them out. Those who are on the test center provide feedback, but it seems like it's always too far along in the process for them to adjust accordingly. I realize that all the new stuff in game patches ends up being on a prolonged beta phase anyway, but they could easily do things right the first time.

-----

Also, wasn't someone else prestiging Thing on Heavy's account a month or so ago? Maybe I'm remembering wrong.

DrAg0nBoY

Level 60 Moon Knight. Now to never play him again and try to quickly level up someone else. :D

edit: Quick question. Should I bless non-level 60 artifacts or no?

I'm not 100% sure what you mean, but some of the better artifacts in the game aren't level 60 items. If it's an "Advanced" or end-game item, then sure. Summoners bless their normal and advanced Regalias, for instance, even though one of those is level 40ish.

DrAg0nBoY

I'm not 100% sure what you mean, but some of the better artifacts in the game aren't level 60 items. If it's an "Advanced" or end-game item, then sure. Summoners bless their normal and advanced Regalias, for instance, even though one of those is level 40ish.

Well I have a level 45 Xerogen Crystal and don't know if I should put a Hela's Blessing on it. Can't I get the Odins marks back if I destroy or something the artifact?

Rhaknar

yeeeeeah start forgeting about Venom this year tbh.

"I give it 50 /50 for Venom to make December.

I'm rooting for him.

The good news is that Nova is ready for testing extremely soon, X-23 is 50% done and Juggernaut and Magneto have a decent amount of progress, so we could see them all by Xmas."

Well I have a level 45 Xerogen Crystal and don't know if I should put a Hela's Blessing on it. Can't I get the Odins marks back if I destroy or something the artifact?

No, you end up transferring the blessing to a different artifact for around 95K credits. I do this all the time, it's not a big deal.

The good news is that Nova is ready for testing extremely soon, X-23 is 50% done and Juggernaut and Magneto have a decent amount of progress, so we could see them all by Xmas."

I'm glad there are new characters coming out soon, since I can't get excited to level anyone else on the current roster. I'm taking a few to 50 for their synergies, but not enjoying anything about them. The couple that do interest me are in desperate need of a review before I'll give them a proper shot. I'm stuck at ~140% experience synergy until more characters get released that are worth playing.

1) Magneto is the most exciting from the upcoming bunch. I can definitely see him being incredibly fun to play, and he could fall into "main" status for at least a few folks in our group.

2) X-23 will be such a copy-paste Wolverine clone, and I already have him at level cap and raid geared. I'll try her out if her synergy is amazing for melee.

3) Juggernaut will likely be the worst character in the entire game in terms of gameplay. I can't think of a single way to make him even remotely interesting. One charge up ability is one too many. The only positive I can think about him is it would be a free kill against Kepow in PVP, since the dude is 100% unable to avoid Rhino/Juggernaut charges and dies every time.

4) Nova...could go either way. I hope Gaz surprises me and he is a blast to play, but I'm not banking on it.

5) Venom is Venom. I'd pick him over Carnage, but that's about it. Just terrible. "I'm gonna eat yo' braaiiiiins, Spider-Maaaan!" Yeah, no.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
yeeeeeah start forgeting about Venom this year tbh.

"I give it 50 /50 for Venom to make December.

I'm rooting for him.

ibn5SXEhzfYBy6.gif

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
i dont think x-23 is coming on 23rd october like the forums think doomsaw posted this in regards to how far along x-23 is

Well, some parts are 100% done (voice, animation, most costumes) and some are 0% done (like items, synergies, bio sheet, all flavor text, etc).

So it balances out.

Vecks

Level 60 Moon Knight. Now to never play him again and try to quickly level up someone else. :D

artifacts are different from gear. their level is always the same. all xerogen crystals are level 45. So the answer would be yes, since there are only 3 artifacts that are level 60 (the craftable ones), and of those 3 only one of them is considered somewhat useful. Most of the better artifacts are in the level 50 range.

KePoW

Banned
artifacts are different from gear. their level is always the same. all xerogen crystals are level 45. So the answer would be yes, since there are only 3 artifacts that are level 60 (the craftable ones), and of those 3 only one of them is considered somewhat useful.

which one??

Indignate

2) X-23 will be such a copy-paste Wolverine clone, and I already have him at level cap and raid geared. I'll try her out if her synergy is amazing for melee.

Why do you try to hurt me?

i dont think x-23 is coming on 23rd october like the forums think doomsaw posted this in regards to how far along x-23 is

Well, some parts are 100% done (voice, animation, most costumes) and some are 0% done (like items, synergies, bio sheet, all flavor text, etc).

So it balances out.

What terrible news.

I can't support this game anymore.

Rhaknar

welp that deluge of information that was supposed to come in these last 2 days was a load of horseshit , we barely got any info

Top Bottom