• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

They're plenty of people who don't play games on PC and own one of the consoles. I don't see how Gaz shouldn't warrant them as potential costumers or how separating them from PC players would mean anything to that affect. Community hardly even matters in this game.

Community matters for raids and pvp (which will eventually come out as a full feature). Maybe they could do cross-platform play between Ps4 and PC owners and let the XBO losers play in their own separated lot. :p

What date is Dr Doom scheduled to release??

Early June.

Indignate

Community matters for raids and pvp (which will eventually come out as a full feature). Maybe they could do cross-platform play between Ps4 and PC owners and let the XBO losers play in their own separated lot.

I mentioned MS earlier, but that doesn't mean Sony has showed a lot of effort for allowing cross platform play for platforms that aren't Sony branded. The console <-> PC equality just isn't a reality that we live in currently. One of the biggest issues being the way Gaz pushes out updates seeing how both companies have to vet and certify the patches themselves and charge a lot more for them (although I think some of this has changed?). I wouldn't be surprised to see the console versions of the game be behind on updates.

As for raiding and such, there will always be enough people to do that. A handful of "hardcore" players will always shine though regardless of the player base size. PvP also causes another issue, because if they're ever serious about it, then they'll have to eventually segregate the communities for at least that since PC players would have way too much of an advantage over console players. The same goes for raids. I could totally see "needs to have 3/5 legendary, full slotted, and on PC" as a raid requirement if cross platform was ever a thing. At that point, the community drives itself apart.

I mentioned MS earlier, but that doesn't mean Sony has showed a lot of effort for allowing cross platform play for platforms that aren't Sony branded. The console <-> PC equality just isn't a reality that we live in currently. One of the biggest issues being the way Gaz pushes out updates seeing how both companies have to vet and certify the patches themselves and charge a lot more for them (although I think some of this has changed?). I wouldn't be surprised to see the console versions of the game be behind on updates.

Final Fantasy XIV and Street Fighter V are two big recent non-Sony games that have cross-platform play. I don't think there would be much of an issue with Sony in that regard. Doing updates on time is definitely one of the biggest logistical hurdles to get over though. Maybe they can move to a monthly patch system on PC like back in the day and then match that on consoles.

Edit: Servers are up!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Nvm, think it's my net

Anyway Bobby sure looks good at least. Looking at the trees I already want a ranged/summon hybrid build evwn if it doesn't work. Gimme mah multiple golem while in freeze the floor and throw orbs or something

JyvNVUe.jpg

Aw yisss! 2/3rds of the way. Popped one of every XP boost I had last night, so I was getting 3 Orbs per Tasky run. With Hulk, they take like 40 seconds now haha, sooo good.

So tempting to take a day off work when it's last day of Omega. That XP bonus gaddam.

PERFORMANCE: RESOURCE LEAK
Our engineers have located an issue that has been present for quite some time regarding the game not properly deleting data that it had cached. This should result in improved performance over long gameplay sessions. Please let us know if your performance has improved on the forums!

Hooray for this. Hopefully they've actually got it this time.

Started running like crap for me last night after about 2 hours. MH using 3.5GB RAM.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Punisher is pretty cool so far, but it's kind of a bummer that no build is really cohesive until the 40's when you unlock either heavy weapon and activate all the secondary bonuses of the other abilities.

For those worrying about if their account would carry over to a hypothetical console version:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RAYyl7Ht_0#t=1676
Chater - "I would only play on consoles if account transferred. Not paying hundreds of dollars again."
Ms. Brevik - "Yes, I totally agree. My hope, my DREEEEEEEAM, is that you can play on console and PC together. So it's, everybody is playing on the same servers."
Mr. Brevik - "The great, golden dream."

KePoW

Banned
For those worrying about if their account would carry over to a hypothetical console version:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RAYyl7Ht_0#t=1676
Chater - "I would only play on consoles if account transferred. Not paying hundreds of dollars again."
Ms. Brevik - "Yes, I totally agree. My hope, my DREEEEEEEAM, is that you can play on console and PC together. So it's, everybody is playing on the same servers."
Mr. Brevik - "The great, golden dream."

I guess I don't understand... does that mean the answer is definitely yes or no??

sometimes dreams don't come true?

They won't officially confirm that a console version is coming to begin with. However, it's fairly obvious that it's in the work in some capicity. It sounds to me that their plan is to figure out a workable controller scheme and port it over with cross-play functionality and accounts being the same between both (like how players can jump from PS4 to PC and back in FF14).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RAYyl7Ht_0#t=1415
Chater - "Mr. Brevik, when is Marvel Heroes coming to PS4?"
Mr. Brevik - *Chuckles* "We haven't announced anything yet. It is something that we're looking into. That's all I'm going to say. I get asked this question often. *Chuckles* Lots of people want *changes subject*."

I know a bunch of my friends would probably at least try this if it was console.. At the moment though I can't get any of my mates to play MH with me.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
brevik said on stream they other day they have two big issues stumping them right now

one being controlling aoe target place (chosing where a aoe should go)

second one having to overhaul every single bit of the ui to suit controller

KePoW

Banned
brevik said on stream they other day they have two big issues stumping them right now

one being controlling aoe target place (chosing where a aoe should go)

second one having to overhaul every single bit of the ui to suit controller

yeah i don't see how

actually they should have designed the game toward console from the very beginning like Diablo 3

Drayco21

I know a bunch of my friends would probably at least try this if it was console.. At the moment though I can't get any of my mates to play MH with me.

I know several friends of mine who would be interested in trying the game if they could install it on their PS4s. It'd be great to get together with them in a PS4 party chat and just hang out in Marvel Heroes, the way we used to in Halo- but they just can't or won't give it a shot on the PC, even for free.

I can see the hurdles in getting the game on consoles, but I really hope they figure something out, I'd love to not have to keep using this laptop.

I can't believe how amazing Iceman is. His banter, animations, trees are all awesome. First hero in a long long time that I've thoroughly enjoyed. Think this is what I needed to get back to playing the game regularly again.

I'll probably try and focus on gearing him up once I get 60. Maybe one day I'll join you guys for a raid.

One day.

Lord Phol

Totally missed that the patch is out! Hope Bobby is fun! How did that Punisher review pan out? I'm a bit interested in the Rachel Cole costume that has been teased.

Well, it's go time!

Td0Kwcp.png

Totally missed that the patch is out! Hope Bobby is fun! How did that Punisher review pan out? I'm a bit interested in the Rachel Cole costume that has been teased.

Punisher's review turned out really good. The Rachel costume won't come will next patch though.

Ploid 3.0

Further this, I imagine some of the movement powers would be really hard to configure well with a controller.

Nightcrawlers TP would be horrendous I'd imagine.

For Aoe placement they could just have it so that when you use the ability you now control the aoe placement cursor instead of the character. Need to move? Cancel the ability, just like when you click the ability icon on pc.

For UI look at how SE allow players to control everything with a controller. Allow the D-pad to go through the items, tabs, and things. Select/Back change which part of the UI you have selected.

How are yall building Iceman?

I'm having a blast with him, but still leveling up and tinkering. Right now at 40 and I've been pumping my points into only 7 skills:
- Chillblain (To have something for damage during leveling, when Spirit is still an issue)
- Frozen Orb (Spirit Spender)
- Ice Slick (DoT + Vuln)
- Absolute Zero (Sig)
- Frost Nova (Crit Hit)
- Ice Golem
- Construct Focus

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
ice beam does more damage than orb. orb looks fancy but its alot weaker. also ice beam is a main rotation skill for level 60 icemans in range build

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
golem, construct focus, icy orb, ground aoe thing, the crit passive, sig

I havent decided on the last 2 to put full points in. Also 1 point in the invuln, which I use to get spirit back also, awesome 1 pointer. and 1 point in the travel because why not

I dont care what does more dmg than the orb, it looks too fancy for me not to use! :p

also, Iceman has too many buttons :(

edit: I dont know how to gear him actually. I could steal Rocket's summon gear, but I actually want to be more hybrid on Iceman and use the golems mostly to tank shit and I use my ice spells so I dunno, maybe just regular energy gear. then again Im not too fussed as long as I can do cosmic terms anyway

edit: oh yeah, he has a death from above. welp, thats a mandatory for me as some of you know :p worst spec ever, I dont even care

golem, construct focus, icy orb, ground aoe thing, the crit passive, sig

I havent decided on the last 2 to put full points in. Also 1 point in the invuln, which I use to get spirit back also, awesome 1 pointer. and 1 point in the travel because why not

I dont care what does more dmg than the orb, it looks too fancy for me not to use! :p
Maybe a rotation of DoT -> Frozen Lance -> 5 Orbs might be good. I just got Bobby's slot 3 unique and it has "After hitting with a Shatter Power, your next 5 attacks gain +X Energy Damage Rating". It would also seem like a good rotation because 5 hits from the Orbs would stack enough to freeze, which then gives Lance the 100% buff.

Bladelaw

I'm pretty happy with my Iceman, he's not super optimized but blitzes through cosmics and one shots. I maxed the following:
Icicles
Frozen Orb
Frozen Lance
Ice Slick
Ranged Passive
Absolute Zero
Frost Nova
Ice Beam

1 pointed Ice Block
1 pointed Ice Sled

I can probably drop Icicles but I like the power and I'm effective in all the content I've thrown him at.

ice beam does more damage than orb. orb looks fancy but its alot weaker. also ice beam is a main rotation skill for level 60 icemans in range build

Before people take this the wrong way, Frozen Orb does almost the same amount of damage as Ice Beam (it hits three times per cast) but has much bigger AoE. IB is only really better on bosses, for everything else Forb provides more output.

Rhaknar

Before people take this the wrong way, Frozen Orb does almost the same amount of damage as Ice Beam (it hits three times per cast) but has much bigger AoE. IB is only really better on bosses, for everything else Forb provides more output.

more importantly, beam looks shit. orb doesnt

the true meta

Gothos

Punisher is... meeeeeeh. 6 active skills is defineltely to much for my taste :( And on top of that 5 of them have cooldowns - if I wanted that I would play real MMO :/

Hilarious stuff. I hit 60 green prestige on Frank Castle last night, just in time to see Frost start his cosmic prestige journey. I'm not about that life.

Mini-review on the Punisher:

Pros:

- Very active playstyle. He's swapped ends of the spectrum from almost a passive control system to being one of the more active characters in the game. He's not up there at Doctor Strange levels, but honestly he's fairly close. If you want to maximize damage in the Old Painless build, you really need to put your taskbar to use.

- Damage. One fully geared Punisher player is hitting 26 second TTKs on the raid dummy. That's very near the top end of the spectrum, and a huge change from his throughput two days ago.

- Diversity. There are two main builds available in the game, and they have different mechanics. The Old Painless build involves lots of cooldown and ammo management with a massive amount of burst damage available. The Flamethrower setup is more forgiving on resources and has a simplified rotation, while pumping out respectable damage through DOTs instead of heavy burst. Each is fun in its own way, and I'm glad the game has dual spec available. You get the best of both worlds and get to try out all his abilities. I ran my current prestige in Old Painless and will run my next one with the Flamethrower.

- Skills look great. The Davy Crockett signature tactical nuke launch is awesome and packs a punch. The Headshot sniper ability melts single targets. Magnum's active execute still is a breath of fresh air for the character. I love how well integrated Rapid Reload is into both builds, especially since it instantly resets the cooldown of both Headshot and Magnum. Rocket-propelled Grenade gets a cooldown with the Old Painless build, but it packs a whallop.

- Fun skill rotation. Doing a quick rotation of Pineapple Grenade, Signature, Buckshot Blast, Headshot, Magnum, spam Buckshot until you are out of ammo, Rapid Reload, Headshot, and Magnum will kill a cosmic terminal boss.

- Sprint. Bah gawd, the Punisher finally has a good movement ability. And it's spirit free. If you've suffered through rolling all over the map for as long as I have, it is super refreshing to see Frank sprint across the screen like Usain Bolt. This might be the single biggest upgrade of the whole damn review.

- Battle Van. Great ultimate ability that pumps out ridiculous damage across a huge portion of the screen and makes Frank completely immune to boss damage for the duration. Going full auto on the turret is great fun.

Cons:

-Battle Van. So it's not a true transform ultimate in the sense that you don't have any control of where it spawns, and once it deploys you're stuck inside. Logically it makes sense, but many in the Punisher community wanted Frank to stay outside or be able to control the van a la Rocket Raccoon's ultimate. What we have instead is more of a fire and forget ability.

- The Heavy Weapon skills proper (i.e. Old Painless and Flamethrower). The Old Painless option is more of a place holder you choose to buff other skills than something you will actually use in game. You can basically ignore it except in the particular circumstance that you find yourself with everything on cooldown, but even then it isn't likely worth the ammo cost to use. The damage isn't there to justify pumping more points into it compared to some of the other heavy hitting skills. It's okay for farming but doesn't provide much use on a boss other than allowing you to absorb a bit of damage. Flamethrower, on the other hand, is a marquee skill in its build, so it's sad that Old Painless is a one point wonder.

- Skill bloat. There are so many new abilities that it is impossible to fit them into your build. That isn't necessarily a bad thing, since it gives you build flexibility, but there's more than a little redundancy between some skills. Flechette Blast versus Buckshot Blast seems like a no brainer, but why do we still need two shotgun skills? Burst Fire and Submachine Guns are also very similar, and neither is all that appealing.

Punisher is... meeeeeeh. 6 active skills is defineltely to much for my taste :( And on top of that 5 of them have cooldowns - if I wanted that I would play real MMO :/

Sounds like the Flamethrower build is more your speed. Less active skills to track, less ammo constraints, and fewer cooldowns. I highly suggest trying it out in your second spec and seeing if you like it.
oNcd3fL.jpg

Top Bottom