• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
That new crafting situation literally sounds like a nightmare.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
have they changed the dora waves. my second dora wave they died. you use to be able to run away and not worry about defending

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
so the cyberntics pets have a bug right now (who knows if its been happening since its introduction)

basically all the stats apart from the unique one are giving you there sats before you actually max them out.

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/dis...ined-before-the-affix-actually-unlocks#latest

so basically if you check what each color can give you and check your stats before and after you can see what it gives you and if it isnt what you want you can reroll it before you actually donate any blues greens etc

Got the Marvel Now Cyclops from the blender. Nice costume but now my prestige level doesn't match.

I'm gonna have to take him to red now, at least he's fun to play.

So I've played Punisher for a bit, and damn. He feels so damn good now. He was super boring and dull to play first (and shit to boot), but now he's great fun to play.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
seems like im the only one that still thinks punisher is boring as shit. flashier, sure, but still boring

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Did you try both specs? I still stand by my guess that you'll like him more than any other gun chararcter.

I do like him more than any gun character...

I hate all the gun characters :p

Also I only tried flamethrower

Dec

Going to be on the look out for people from last night to finish the raid tonight. We'll just be doing sisters and surtur but it's 75 hearts.

New Punisher.. Well, he's a lot prettier to watch now. Haven't tried the Flamethrower build yet, but he definitely looks a lot better now with the standard gun toting build. Did a Cosmic Kurse with him, and it was relatively easy, so his tuning is pretty good now too (and just highlights how overdue some other characters' QoL changes are).

Iceman though, SO GOOD. Started my Blue Prestige run last night; tried all the builds now - probably settling on the melee build. He's a lot of fun though, up there with my favourite characters.

KePoW

Banned
Iceman though, SO GOOD. Started my Blue Prestige run last night; tried all the builds now - probably settling on the melee build. He's a lot of fun though, up there with my favourite characters.

WTF blue already??

ur a serious hardcore aussie gamer

KePoW

Banned
Them mad hax.

Haha, close enough!

EDIT: What happened to you playing Marvel with me on Sat? "I be back soon, we'll Marvel", then nothing.

ohh hmm... you sure that was me the authentic kapow?? Sometimes multiple people get on my steam account so u can never be sure who is da real me

ohh hmm... you sure that was me the authentic kapow?? Sometimes multiple people get on my steam account so u can never be sure who is da real me

How would I be able to tell if multiple people use your account though?

Now I think about it, this kapow identified me as Sydney, which the usual kapow never does (always thinks I'm from Perth, or Canberra), so it may have been kapow and now darealkapow.

I hit 60 blue prestige on my Punisher last night. Not sure I'll go on...the whole process is pretty stupid when I sit down and think about it.

Dec

Can we finish this red sisters+surtur in an hour? Maybe 9pm EST?

Definitely happening at 9 PM EST. Hop on before 9 if you'd like to come, have 7/10 slots filled or so.

Now I've done 60's for everyone, I'm getting enjoyment out of applying a prestige to suit character colour. Deadpool red prestige, Hulk green prestige, Iceman blue prestige, etc..

Probably do Psylocke purple next, been meaning to do that for ages.

Wouldn't bother with characters I didn't enjoy levelling though.

Dec

Amazing servers:

iMfzqJt8SaUsl.png

Permanent spell effects. NEVER GO AWAY. Stack endlessly for terrible fps.

iE6Ri2qf4eqjL.jpg

Dec

Also why does this game STILL refuse to close properly, I need to end the task in task manager every time I close the game.

Seriously. I wouldn't do it even if I was getting paid.

Actually, maybe I would in that case.

Yeah.. That might be the one exception haha

Amazing servers:

Permanent spell effects. NEVER GO AWAY. Stack endlessly for terrible fps.

Was rolling MM with a Magneto on Saturday. His every DoT/AoE just staying there on screen.. Damn.

Servers were horrible this weekend; missus and I had about 5-6 disconnects between us.

Also why does this game STILL refuse to close properly, I need to end the task in task manager every time I close the game.

Okay, so that's weird. I've been playing since launch and never experienced that. Is the game losing connection to the server and unable to log out?

Dec

Okay, so that's weird. I've been playing since launch and never experienced that. Is the game losing connection to the server and unable to log out?

Only started happening 6 weeks ago maybe, happens every time if I run the game through Steam, doesn't happen if I use a shortcut to bypass Steam. I'm logging out fine, the game just sits in task manager.

KePoW

Banned
Only started happening 6 weeks ago maybe, happens every time if I run the game through Steam, doesn't happen if I use a shortcut to bypass Steam. I'm logging out fine, the game just sits in task manager.

Might want to try the full Verify Local Files thing from Steam

Ploid 3.0

so the cyberntics pets have a bug right now (who knows if its been happening since its introduction)

basically all the stats apart from the unique one are giving you there sats before you actually max them out.

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/dis...ined-before-the-affix-actually-unlocks#latest

so basically if you check what each color can give you and check your stats before and after you can see what it gives you and if it isnt what you want you can reroll it before you actually donate any blues greens etc

Looks like I better take advantage pronto.

Edit: I wish they would just show what the bonus was before we upgrade it. Looking at the thread it seem to be hit or miss if it works.

Rhaknar

I know we're all kinda dogging on the game lately...

...but that new crafting shit is hilariously awful

That's true, but what is the point of doing another prestige? It doesn't make me a better player and it doesn't provide stat benefits.

A couple of solid reasons:

1. Free default costume. You can use it for the blender.
2. Marvel Heros pre 60 game play is more fun than 60+. If you want to keep playing a character, aren't into raiding, and don't want to be bored, its the best way to extend your time with a character. Consider it a reboot more than a prestige.
3. Prestige when you get a new costume, especially an enhanced costume, makes you feel like you are playing with a new character.

So I've played Punisher for a bit, and damn. He feels so damn good now. He was super boring and dull to play first (and shit to boot), but now he's great fun to play.

I was but I'm waiting for the enhance costume. I can't stand the Punisher's default voice. It just feels lazy and not well done. There are lines that sound good but not enough. The Punisher's voice work for the ps2 game was good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akW605l5tKc

I noticed that happened around the same time the 64 bit client detection was launched. I ended up changing the executables permission to admin and that error went away.

Was rolling MM with a Magneto on Saturday. His every DoT/AoE just staying there on screen.. Damn.

Servers were horrible this weekend; missus and I had about 5-6 disconnects between us.

There were an amazing number of dongs drawn with AoE effects last night. The lag was pretty terrible in any joint session in midtown. I ended up running a fair amount of terminals just to shake the lag for awhile.

That reminds me, weren't we suppose to get a Midtown where we could instance and solo?

I know we're all kinda dogging on the game lately...

...but that new crafting shit is hilariously awful

I don't know. Doesn't seem to bother me much. I'm not a big fan of crafting in the first place. I don't even go it in single player RPGs. The stuff crafted seems to be aimed exclusively at people going on raids. The extra crafting stuff is there just to get you to buy more storage containers. To me, as someone who just plays characters from 0-60 with some cosmic terminal running, I can largely ignore it and continue playing the game as I do now. Maybe it will be different once it launches. Unless these items mean something outside of raiding, I'm just not getting worked up about it.

Dec

I noticed that happened around the same time the 64 bit client detection was launched. I ended up changing the executables permission to admin and that error went away.

You know that's probably actually the fix. As I mentioned, the shortcut I made to the executable to bypass Steam doesn't have the issue, while launching through Steam does have the issue. The confusion is because I set admin permissions on the desktop shortcut to the executable rather than on the executable itself.

I think that's it but I'll check it out later.

Edit, false alarm, I did set the 64 bit exe to admin. Not the issue I guess.

Top Bottom