• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Gothos

Oh man oh man oh man, screw Ice Man, I'm waiting on her and she has my favorite MVC3 costume already so I don't even need to see a alt. Oh maaaaaan!

Still scared about her combo charges mechanic.

AFAIR the last combo points hero they've done was Daredevil and they did great job with him, so She-Hulk should be good :)

This was confirmed to be She-Hulk's alt (to no surprise I guess).

She-Hulk-02.jpg

Indignate

And yet you're still a junior here.

We see where your loyalties truly lie.

She is quite the sexy lady... but there is something outputting about the thought that she could probably snap off your P with her V

These are the people you hang out with.

...on second thought we have Kepow and Hoya. You probably made the right choice.

And yet you're still a junior here.

We see where your loyalties truly lie.

These are the people you hang out with.

...on second thought we have Kepow and Hoya. You probably made the right choice.

Give me a chance, I've only had an account for two months (although I lurked for a lot longer)!

My posting on the main forums has slowed anyway as those forums become more of a circle-jerk between a hand-full of people and my posting will probably continue to decline.

Is that quote from the MH forums? A bit of a weird thought plus using the wrong term, seems likely.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Sorry I blacked out when you said that last heroes name.

What was it again? Cuz it couldn't have been X-23, that's crazy.

Even at 200 splinters I am not terribly interested in her. I haven't even got Wolverine to 60 yet.

Anoregon

wat da fuk

every time u send me an invite for that, I get an aneurysm because I don't even have the game installed! u must do it on purpose.

install it then ya dingus

Anoregon

I heard kepow only plays babby mode (against computer) so of course that's less stressful than actually playing the game :p

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Why? Hots is easier/casual compared to Dota?

Less obtuse mechanics, faster games, generally more accessible game.

dude, computers think faster than humans buddie boi

In Dota that's actually true, the bots have no sense of strategy but they will full combo you the instant you get in range and have less HP than their burst allows. League of Legends had the same problem at one time, bots with huge burst would just appear and erase you then go back to doing nothing effectively with the space.

dude, computers think faster than humans buddie boi

We were playing co-op that night, but generally the vs. human games (not hero league, mind you) have been a lot more calm than DOTA. The lack of last-hitting alone makes the game a more peaceful endeavor.

She-Hulk would play DOTA though.

Dec

The bots were probably the worst I've ever seen when I was forced to do the tutorial. I went like 43-0 with 4 rampages while I basic attacked buildings for what seemed like 9 hours but was actually 15 minutes.

I hope they were like super easy level bots or something.

In Dota that's actually true, the bots have no sense of strategy but they will full combo you the instant you get in range and have less HP than their burst allows. League of Legends had the same problem at one time, bots with huge burst would just appear and erase you then go back to doing nothing effectively with the space.

Yep, it's extremely hard to play skillshot heroes because the bots have crazy reflexes. They have incredible reaction time that you don't even find in professional games, like playing Brewmaster against bots and they orchid you when you blink in to split with inhuman speed.

They will also deathball down mid after 15 minutes and actually win games over new players because they aren't coordinated enough to properly defend.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I'm pretty sure the tutorial bots start out on the easier levels, when you set them to hard (very hard? I forget whether that's an option) they will murder you if you are careless and actually roam as a team on occasion. They're still easily exploitable though and won't really improve your skill once you get the mechanics and the basics down.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Eh, you can always use practice but at the end of the day unless you're playing against really low level opponents you'll get more out of doing that practice in a live game. No matter how good you can micro your Meepos, doing it against an actual thinking opponent will benefit you more. Of course that's still a hell of a lot of bot play in Dota. Even if you want to play only 10 minutes of every hero so you can see how everything scales and how all of the skills work, you're still in for 15 hours of playing against bots and quitting out to start a new character.

Dec

Eh, you can always use practice but at the end of the day unless you're playing against really low level opponents you'll get more out of doing that practice in a live game. No matter how good you can micro your Meepos, doing it against an actual thinking opponent will benefit you more. Of course that's still a hell of a lot of bot play in Dota. Even if you want to play only 10 minutes of every hero so you can see how everything scales and how all of the skills work, you're still in for 15 hours of playing against bots and quitting out to start a new character.

But I'm saying if you play against bots for 100 hours, then switch to matchmaking and get 100 games played, you will have a much higher win rate and be playing against much better players than someone who just started dota and played 100 matchmaking games.

I think you can play against bots for a large amount of time before starting matchmaking and have a huge advantage, where you have significantly less wins on record than the people you are playing against.

I actually have evidence for this as well.

That's part of my problem with bot matches in DOTA. At least in HOTS you still get hero and personal level xp. It actually pushes me to play co-op to learn guys, because I still get a side benefit from playing that mode rather than merely gaining time played.

Dec

That's part of my problem with bot matches in DOTA. At least in HOTS you still get hero and personal level xp. It actually pushes me to play co-op to learn guys, because I still get a side benefit from playing that mode rather than merely gaining time played.

Bot matches in Dota reward xp and item drops :p

Based on what I'm reading, it looks like Gaz should have made a Marvel licensed MOBA instead.

I can't get into those games at all, for the record, and that is probably a very good thing for my general health and happiness.

Dec

Is that a recent change? I haven't played in over six months.

2 years? Maybe more honestly. Private lobbies, like you and 4 bots vs. 5 bots don't reward anything, but queuing for coop (5 players vs. 5 bots) has rewarded items and xp for a very long time.

I do remember a small time where they were disabled, but brought back due to player pushback. This was a couple years ago though, but I wont exclude the possibility it happened again for a patch or two at some point.

It's actually better now because coop games count as wins in your profile and on Dotabuff (but they are distinguished from matchmaking games as "stats not recorded" on dotabuff).

inky

Based on what I'm reading, it looks like Gaz should have made a Marvel licensed MOBA instead.

I can't get into those games at all, for the record, and that is probably a very good thing for my general health and happiness.

I remember them saying that one of the PvP modes could become that. They'll have it ready for Marvel Heroes 2020 I'm sure.

2 years? Maybe more honestly. Private lobbies, like you and 4 bots vs. 5 bots don't reward anything, but queuing for coop (5 players vs. 5 bots) has rewarded items and xp for a very long time.

I do remember a small time where they were disabled, but brought back due to player pushback. This was a couple years ago though, but I wont exclude the possibility it happened again for a patch or two at some point.

It's actually better now because coop games count as wins in your profile and on Dotabuff (but they are distinguished from matchmaking games as "stats not recorded" on dotabuff).

Ah I must have just been holding onto my preconceived notions even after the changes happened. Thanks!

This is the Cities Skylines thread now.

I remember them saying that one of the PvP modes could become that. They'll have it ready for Marvel Heroes 2020 I'm sure.

The current mode is kinda moba-ish.

The more I look at the spoilers for She-Hulk the more interested I become.

She wasn't high on my list when the advanced pack 2 was announced but she's rising. Also I need someone to spend my 1100 splinters on (should probably get Iceman too).

Drayco21

Then Gaz could be swimming in money and success like those Infinite Crisis guys, amirite?

Top Bottom