• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Sblargh

Banned
Is putting on glasses considered a secret identity?

2404525-fqallstarsuperman.jpg

Sblargh

Banned
You know how Stan Lee sometimes says that DC would look at Marvel comics and say "oh, people buy their comics because there are word balloons on the cover! So let's put word balloons on our comics!"

It's like someone said "people like this Hawkeye comic because of jeans and t-shirt"

inky

Oh shit, I didn't even realize people were making the same comment in the previous page lol.

I need to start reading this thread before replying :p

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
and they are already nerfing punisher build after what i posted

We wanted to let you know (before people start heavily investing into itemization for this build) that the cooldown reset for Headshot and Magnum was never intended to reach 0 seconds, so we will be capping Ammo Cost Reduction on Rapid Reload to 50%. The lowest possible cooldown will be 7.5s (6.5s with The Whole 9 Yards). This change will show up in next week's build.

/Frank Quitely Bullshit

Keep that Frank Quitely bullshit where it belongs...in the garbage bin.

and they are already nerfing punisher build after what i posted

Seems reasonable. Clearly not working as intended. It makes perfect sense to reduce the cooldown of Rapid Reload to the lowest possible threshold, but a near instant refresh is stupid. I don't even want to play him where the optimal rotation is Headshot - Rapid Reload - Headshot x infinity.

Sblargh

Banned
By other examples, you mean the same cropped images out of context always posted? I mean, Kepow thinks he's trash, if that's not proof of his talent, I don't know what is.

Sblargh

Banned
Bah, he's a good storyteller, which is what I look for on someone who draws comic books. But I won't start a debate on the merits of someone in the hostile enviroment of "this guy's trash belongs in the garbage".

Drayco21

I'd take Quitely before half the artists Marvel's paying these days. Squirrel-Girl's book is shameful.

Plus, dude drew All-Star Superman, and that book looks fantastic.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
As a former quietly hater, his riot at Xavier's art was godlike

Sblargh

Banned
I posted one image in response to the thing about Superman's secret indentity. Then it comes the wall of image and the offenses and the LOL and "potato head" and whatever.

You people are obsessed if you can't see one image of his without even mention of his name without turning it into a shitfest.

DAYUMMM that She-Hulk alt costume. Glorious.

Aww, missed another Hero box eh? Always while I'm sleeping haha..

So Gaz gonna Gaz. Coulson gives you the Holo-Sim daily today for the 30 files and orb. Better hop on it before they turn off the quest.

Haha I noticed this last night, did it first up in case they live patched it or whatever.

Should leave it on all the time, I'd do it every day.

Quitely is the worst. I can literally post a thousand other examples showing this, but what's the point? If you've seen one Potato Head Superman, you've seen them all.

His Professor X and Wolverine have the exact same head. His Emma Frost and Jean have the exact same face. When he was asked to draw Catwoman for a commission, he drew Lex Luthor with a mask on. That's Quitely for you.

Sblargh

Banned
Quitely is the worst. I can literally post a thousand other examples showing this, but what's the point? If you've seen one Potato Head Superman, you've seen them all.

His Professor X and Wolverine have the exact same head. His Emma Frost and Jean have the exact same face. When he was asked to draw Catwoman for a commission, he drew Lex Luthor with a mask on. That's Quitely for you.

Whatever. We can't ever post one single image by him without turning it into a witch hunt?

I saw the All-Star Superman movie a while back, and it's the only rendition of Clark Kent/Superman that perfectly explains why the Clark Kent disguise is so effective. Also helps that the movie itself is fantastic.

IIRC it's based on a comic run. I bet that's pretty good, too.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Pro tip: LET IT GOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Tragicomedy thinks he's trash, you don't, you're only encouraging his trolling by biting. Don't bite.

Sblargh

Banned
I'm not even discussing what he is or isn't, but the fanaticism pisses me off. Can't you dislike someone's work without being the most asshole you can possibly be about it and without hijacking every thread where you can sniff him from a distance?

Been blasting through my XP boosts quite a bit. ~_~
Either way, Surfer's at 60. I feel accomplished. I got 3 heroes to 60 in a timespan of 4 or so days. 3 more heroes than I did in the last 4 months lol.

Sblargh

Banned
I saw the All-Star Superman movie a while back, and it's the only rendition of Clark Kent/Superman that perfectly explains why the Clark Kent disguise is so effective. Also helps that the movie itself is fantastic.

IIRC it's based on a comic run. I bet that's pretty good, too.

Yeah, it's based on a comic, that, yeah, it's pretty good. :)
The comic is also called All-Star Superman.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not even discussing what he is or isn't, but the fanaticism pisses me off. Can't you dislike someone's work without being the most asshole you can possibly be about it?

is he talking shit about you? is he saying anyone who likes Quitely is trash? Just let it go man, he's probably laughing his ass off and you're getting worked up. It *actually* *literally* doesn't matter!

Sblargh

Banned
is he talking shit about you? is he saying anyone who likes Quitely is trash? Just let it go man, he's probably laughing his ass off and you're getting worked up. It *actually* *literally* doesn't matter!

I'm worked up about it and every. single. time he does it; so it obviously matter to us both.

Disguising pettyness torwards someone under the guise of trolling is one of those sad things about the internet.

I'm worked up about it and every. single. time he does it; so it obviously matter to us both.

Disguising pettyness torwards someone under the guise of trolling is one of those sad things about the internet.

LOL, bro. None of that good Brazilian vibes coming my way. A bit too invested in a guy who isn't putting food on your table, don't you think?

For the record, I'm not trolling you and couldn't possibly care less that you like that shitbag's art. Good on you. I like a lot of crappy stuff, too! Hell, I'm listening to music even Kepow likes right now.

Sblargh

Banned
It's not even about the guy, it's about I can't post X because then it will summon a wall of images saying "X is shit".

You want to be an asshole like this all the time, you'll have to deal with my bad vibes all the time.

You can like X-Men all you want, I don't care, as long as people aren't constantly yelling for more X-Men characters.
The only reason why I was so upset with the first AP's character distribution was because it was potentially going to consist of 6 out of 12 X-Men-related people (since Domino and Magik both had been handled as very strong candidates for the spot that ended up going to Reed), plus of course X-23 being the 200 ES sideproject in the pipeline on top of that. It just felt like a massive overload of X-Men characters, and I did not like that.
I'm perfectly fine with AP2 only having 2 X-Men, I'd even be fine if one of the TBD heroes ended up being an X-Man, as well.

Yes, I don't like Gambit at all, and yes, I'm not a big fan of several other X-Men characters like Iceman, but the only thing I outright loathe is Carnage. :p

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Next advance pack should be:

- Monet
- Jubilee
- Angel
- Beast
- Fantomex
- Havok
- Sabretooth
- Polaris
- Magik
- Danger
- Hope
- Jamie Madrox

I can't remember any more x-people not in the game :p

It's not even about the guy, it's about I can't post X because then it will summon a wall of images saying "X is shit".

You want to be an asshole like this all the time, you'll have to deal with my bad vibes all the time.

Asshole all the time? Really? Nice try. I'll rescind any semi apology, if that's how you feel.

You're coming across as a butt hurt Quitely fan, bro. It's not my fault he sucks.

Drayco21

- Monet
- Jubilee
- Angel
- Beast
- Fantomex
- Havok
- Sabretooth
- Polaris
- Magik
- Danger
- Hope
- Jamie Madrox

A full X-Men Advance Pack with no Dr. Nemesis? For shame.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Hey folks,

Today's Test Center build contains a preview of our upcoming event for Saint Patrick's Day. Here's the rundown of what the event brings:

Lucky Clover Buffs

Pick up Lucky power-ups and you'll enjoy a shining Four-leaf clover above your head and an icon on your buff bar that offers you a chance to defeat a specific boss to receive special gifts!

When you defeat that boss, you'll receive a special St. Patrick’s Day loot bonus that includes high chances at Uniques and other highly sought after loot, as well as fun and festive items! The power-up goes away once you receive the Lucky Holiday loot.

You can receive guaranteed Lucky power-ups from the first completed Shared Quests of the Day.

Additionally, St. Patrick’s day themed credit items will drop everywhere, as well as Legendary Pieces of Rainbow!

Collect three Legendary Pieces of Rainbow and craft a legendary item - the Pot of Gold of Cassidy Keep! This crafting recipe can be found under “Misc.” recipes. We’ll also be giving these pieces of Rainbow as daily gifts through the weekend!

If you encounter any issues with the event items or buffs while on Test Center, please let us know in this thread. Thanks!

- Monet
- Jubilee
- Angel
- Beast
- Fantomex
- Havok
- Sabretooth
- Polaris
- Magik
- Danger
- Hope
- Jamie Madrox

Dazzler, Domino, Cannonball, Boom-Boom, Forge, Bishop, Spiral, Moonstar, Strong Guy, Wolfsbane, Northstar, Aurora, Sunfire, Mystique, Magma, Rachel Summers, Dr. Nemesis, Puck, Shatterstar, Rictor, Warlock, Sunspot, Pixie...
and that's just from the top of my head! Love that you also had Danger though lol

Top Bottom