• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

I'm shocked and appalled. How can a smart person like you enjoy a one-dimensional shitty character like Carnage?

I actually don't really care much about his character, but I love his design visually. He has one of the most menacing looks in all of Marvel, and I especially like his color scheme(s). His super tendril-y look really sets him apart from Venom (and pretty much every other non-symbiote in the Marvel Universe) too, who I find extremely bland looking in comparison. It's just a perfectly crazy design for a character.

It's a shame he wasn't given a compelling story, causing all comic readers to flat out hate the guy, but at least he's popular enough to keep around.

I actually don't really care much about his character, but I love his design visually. He has one of the most menacing looks in all of Marvel, and I especially like his color scheme(s). His super tendril-y look really sets him apart from Venom (and pretty much every other non-symbiote in the Marvel Universe) too, who I find extremely bland looking in comparison. It's just a perfectly crazy design for a character.

It's a shame he wasn't given a compelling story, causing all comic readers to flat out hate the guy, but at least he's popular enough to keep around.

Yeah, I was gonna say - the only appealing factor I can see about Carnage is his visual design
tho I don't like it that much, personally, but tastes and all
. Otherwise, he's just a watered down more evil and brutal Venom, designed solely because Venom had too much character development, so they had to have a Venom without any character development.

That said, the most menacing and creepy designs I've seen from Marvel so far originated in Captain Britain, of all books, lol.

HAHA this page has been some funny stuff

yall should be like me and never take anything seriously!

This is me right now:
yfA7pXs.gif

which characters??

Some members of Technet.
1790692-technet__excalibur_42.jpg

The baby (Joyboy) is creepy as hell. His power is that he can telepathically detect your greatest wish, and then create a twisted version of it.
1859713-joyboy.png

Some of the other aliens also have really scary powers; the little jellyfish thing (Waxworks) can touch you to turn your bones into rubber. The big green bug/lizard-like thing (Bodybag) has spit that knocks you unconscious and skin bags in which he can carry his victims and keep them paralyzed.

KePoW

Banned
Some members of Technet.

The baby (Joyboy) is creepy as hell. His power is that he can telepathically detect your greatest wish, and then create a twisted version of it.

Some of the other aliens also have really scary powers; the little jellyfish thing (Waxworks) can touch you to turn your bones into rubber. The big green bug/lizard-like thing (Bodybag) has spit that knocks you unconscious and skin bags in which he can carry his victims and keep them paralyzed.

WTF

this is kreepy as heck, no thx haha

Most of She-Hulk's powers seem to use lawyer terminology.

She also seems to have a temp summon power called surprise witness. Just going off the icon I'd guess it randomly summons either Spidey, Magik, Falcon or Firestar.

Hell yes, Excalibur references. We need a Captain Britain team-up. Could work for Kurt, Betsy, and Kitty.

I'd rather have Captain Britain playable than as a team-up. :p He's my most wanted character.
I do want Man-Wolf as a team-up though. I sincerely doubt the game will last long enough for him to make it on the roster as playable.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
hmmm big 10 week next ?

6AM PDT with St. Patrick's Day Event.

The event after that isn't A.R.M.O.R., it's something Bigger.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'm pretty sure Big10 was active when I first really got into the game last year. That was a hoot.

I also like being able to farm up more rainbow pieces, I hate having empty legendary slots on chars, even if I don't really play them.

Most of She-Hulk's powers seem to use lawyer terminology.

She also seems to have a temp summon power called surprise witness. Just going off the icon I'd guess it randomly summons either Spidey, Magik, Falcon or Firestar.

That's just the Team Up icon as a placeholder.

Has there ever been talk of Howard the Duck as a pet?

Yes. It'll probably be happening, though maybe not this year.

Why is a placeholder needed? It reads to me like an actual power since it has a law based name.

A placeholder is needed because the art for the icon is likely not drawn yet or, if it is, has not been part of the build. The power's name is completely independent from the icon.

A placeholder is needed because the art for the icon is likely not drawn yet or, if it is, has not been part of the build. The power's name is completely independent from the icon.

I'm aware of what a placeholder is but from what Frost wrote it sounded like it was for team-ups and nothing to do with her powers.

Looking back at it I think I may have slightly misread what he wrote.

Ferny

Latest patch notes are up

SAINT PATRICK’S DAY EVENT
A brand new version of the Saint Patrick's Day Event has come to Marvel Heroes 2015!

Lucky Clover Buffs

Pick up Lucky power-ups and you'll enjoy a shining Four-leaf clover above your head and an icon on your buff bar that offers you a chance to defeat a specific boss to receive special gifts!

When you defeat that boss, you'll receive a special St. Patrick’s Day loot bonus that includes high chances at Uniques and other highly sought after loot, as well as fun and festive items! The power-up goes away once you receive the Lucky Holiday loot.

You can receive guaranteed Lucky power-ups from the first completed Shared Quests of the Day.

Additionally, St. Patrick’s day themed credit items will drop everywhere, as well as Legendary Pieces of Rainbow!

Collect three Legendary Pieces of Rainbow and craft a legendary item - the Pot of Gold of Cassidy Keep! This crafting recipe can be found under “Misc.” recipes. We’ll also be giving these pieces of Rainbow as daily gifts through the weekend!

ITEM CHANGES
The Hot Dog recipe has been removed from the crafter.

BUG FIXES
Punisher’s Unique “The Dragon” now has the correct icon.

Runeword recipes will once again remove any Hero-specific bindings on the Uru-Forged item being modified, as intended.

Fixed an issue that prevented Magneto's metal cage from trapping the targeted player.

Fixed an issue which caused Punisher’s flamethrower VFX to show black particles.

Moon Knight’s Fist of Khonshu now properly gives Critical Hit Rating and Brutal Strike Rating, as intended.

Rogue's stolen Ice Golem power (from Iceman) now correctly displays the information about stolen powers in the tooltip.

In the Raft, Living Laser now has a smaller leash distance so he will not follow players as far if they retreat from the encounter.

Made additional fixes to hot spots lasting indefinitely.

Gambit's Dead Man's Hand will no longer fire more than 5 cards in one activation.

Doctor Strange's passives once again gain 50% bonus at max Mystic Energy.

Spider-Man's Spider to the Fly, Maximum Spider, and Colossus' Osmium Champion now show the correct amount of Critical and Brutal Rating on tooltip (actual functionality was never affected).

Iceman's Ultimate Age of Icemen, now shows the correct Area duration for his hotpost (8 sec). This was only a tooltip error and power functionality is unchanged.

Winter Soldier's Concealed Combat next rank tooltip now displays the correct amount of defense rating.

Invisible Woman's Quantum Compression now starts with 4 shield stacks as stated in the tooltip (was incorrectly starting with 5).

Living Laser Laser Shield no longer deals massive damage when reflecting missiles with his Laser Shield. The shield will absorbs missiles, not reflect them.

Hydra Hulkbusters' Reboot power reduced back to its intended damage level.

Nothing special in the St. Pat's Fortune Cards aside from two new visuals. Maybe Queen will have pics?

Edit: Is it just me or do these loot explosions suck this time around? This is going to be an(other) uneventful week...

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
I'm working for another 7 hours no pics of visual from me till tomorrow when I'll have 12 of each lol

The loot explosion sucked on tc and was reported sometimes they only dropped one item so that probs wernt fixed either.

Also why dont the buffs have off screen indicator we probs miss so many

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah I got one unique each time the 2 times I got a lootsplosion from a cosmic boss. Pretty lame event. The rest is just credit items and that damn pot of gold, which at this point what is even the point of that?

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
The 10% isn't worth it now with omega and yiu better using a legendary that does dmg. They should up the co value but then they will lose sales on buffs is there thinking

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Wonderful. Auto-revive powers don't work and you can't right-click items from your stash to use for crafting.

siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh

it's not even a running joke anymore, they should be really goddamn embarrassed they can't patch the game without breaking it ever.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Y that damn pot of gold, which at this point what is even the point of that?

Making sure all of your characters have something in their legendary slot, of course! It's not like I'm gonna spend 300 odinmarks on a character I don't play.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
I feel so bad for this achievement patch it's gonna go so wrong

Anoregon

understatement of the century haha

I will literally give all the regulars in this thread $20 each if all the individual Achievements are working correctly. I'm not even joking

That is literally impossible. I'll be amazed if "only a few" of the achievements are buggy.

KePoW

Banned
That is literally impossible.

hahha it's krazy how cynical we are

I mean it really shouldn't be unachievable. Think of it this way... I play a lot of console games, and I would say at least half of them have all their Achievements working. I mean yeah occasionally there's a glitchy console achievement, but it's certainly not the majority of games

Yeah I know console games go through more rigorous certification QA process. but maybe Gaz should also look into that...it's a good thing.

Top Bottom