• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
dat sesual brutal dmg roll

Nsqb.png

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
next week they are adding a cosmic midtown area and cosmic icp on tc

Sort of off-topic, but have we talked about Cosmic Midtown & Industry City Patrol?

That should be on TC next week...

in other news

sue storm design review goes up on tc next week too

The goals of this update are to better her gameplay flow, make her more viable in raid content, and focus her design around the core element of going invisible, while offering distinct build options for players that may want to trade off invisibility in favor of force attacks. The update will not include any major visual changes to any effects or her model(s) - this is mostly a mechanical gameplay and tuning pass.

Looking forward to seeing it hit TC!

Just to manage expectations early: We wanted to get this update rolling as soon as possible, rather than waiting on brand new visuals for a single power. We'll try to get the Force Wall in for this update, but if not, we'll still be performing the update and add the Force Wall in when it's ready. We'd rather get her kit into a solid place first and foremost.

And I figured I'd list what content we're working on (schedule be damned):

Onslaught Raid
Cosmic Midtown & ICP
Cosmic X-Defense & Holo-Sim
Achievements
Ultron Game Mode (Perhaps to be converted into a raid in the future)
Danger Room (Currently being expanded to be more diverse)
Unified Story Mode
Limbo (Completely revamped)
[REDACTED] (Not the traditional kind of content)
Perhaps a new form of Terminal with some advanced features.
Secret Invasion (New story content, new patrol zone)

More stuff.
That's not to speak of the System changes coming through, such as the Team-Up Revamp (which is coming in hot this month, may be spilling into April - will have details on a livestream this week). And of course there's always 52 Reviews (not content), Design Updates (like IW coming up soon), and boss reworks.

I'd like to level with all of you personally in that we also find it frustrating that things keep getting pushed back and are looking to group their release dates to be as effective as possible going forth in a way that makes sense instead of pushing them back one week at a time. Once we lock down that schedule, I'll be posting it in a Content Update Thread similar to our 52 Review Tracker.

most of that content was mentioned 8 months ago so another 4 - 6 weeks for achievements too :D

Sblargh

Banned
Agree with Affe. Posts that say "we are working on this stuff on very vague terms" are cool; but they obviously can't meet deadlines, so don't tell us what they are. :p

I'm curious about the cosmic patrols; I mean, it's probably just patrols, but harder, but then, how it works? Is it the same thing, only frustrating because random people isn't geared enough?

This list of stuff all sound very cool, but, eh, I'm still waiting for achievements. Not because I really super duper want them, but because they said I would have it by now... a lot of times.

Spoit

But yeah, you probably want to put on a midtown patrol badge for juggy, since you're using a movement power ALL THE TIME with him, so you'll almost always have that 30% buff up

Moondrop

Banned
But yeah, you probably want to put on a midtown patrol badge for juggy, since you're using a movement power ALL THE TIME with him, so you'll almost always have that 30% buff up
That's what I thought initially, but it turns out the Stone of Jordan adds 145 spirit to Juggernaut, which is more than other characters receive. For an elbow bulid, that's all that really matters: (145 spirit)*(4% damage boost/10 spirit) = 58% damage boost.

Spoit

Wait, did they fix that? I thought that it was only applied to like the base spirit, so that it worked out to like 30 energy, or not even as good as a moderate affix

Dec

I do recall something about not all of the spirit on stone of jordan working for elbow

Edit: it gives a % increase to base spirit, base spirit is only the spirit you have at 60 with no story rewards or items equipped, the increase works out to be 145 momentum apparently.

I don't recall the % increase that BED has but someone has done the math on the forums and it seems like you need to use BED 25 times during the cooldown of your signature in order to make up the damage you lost only buffing BED rather than Enter the Fray + Sig. This seems impossible? Making signet better in almost all cases except for squishy cosmic terminal bosses possibly.

Moondrop

Banned
I don't recall the % increase that BED has but someone has done the math on the forums and it seems like you need to use BED 25 times during the cooldown of your signature in order to make up the damage you lost only buffing BED rather than Enter the Fray + Sig. This seems impossible? Making signet better in almost all cases except for squishy cosmic terminal bosses possibly.
To my mind the back of the envelope math works the exact opposite. Stone of Jordan is a significant buff to BED; that's obvious as soon as you try it. By taking Midtown Signet, you're buffing the Signature over BED. That would only be relevant in a situation where my target falls before I get to a second rotation of the signature- 45 seconds. I can drop a lot of elbows in 45 seconds, and I'm confident the difference will add up to more than the smaller boost across signature and BED.

Moondrop

Banned
I tested Stone of Jordan against Midtown Signet with my Juggernaut build on the Lvl 60 Raid Dummy:

Midtown Signet (using Scion on CD): 147 +/- 1.5 sec
Midtown Signet (using Scion on Signature's CD): 143 +/- 1 sec
Stone of Jordan (using Scion on CD): 138 +/- 13 sec

Stone of Jordan was faster on average, but the variance was much higher. Given the increased critical chance I can expect from better gear (I'm using a WSJ in place of a GotK) and group Dexterity buffs, I'm going to side with the Stone.

Thus we have identified a great schism in the Church of the Elbow: the purists like myself and those who feel that the Signature should be given equal weight. I believe we can all live together as long as we agree to excommunicate the Lariat heretics.

Started playing Luke Cage this weekend and he is pretty much the best summoner in the game, correct? I loved my time with Rocket and Squirrel girl but it always felt their summons were way under powered. Not Luke Cage. In fact sometimes I'm along for the ride. Running level 50 red terminals yesterday and most of the time, I could just stand back and between my summons and my team up, I could just stand back and they would take out most everything, include the bosses. Exceptions were Kingpin and Juggernaut.

KePoW

Banned
Started playing Luke Cage this weekend and he is pretty much the best summoner in the game, correct? I loved my time with Rocket and Squirrel girl but it always felt their summons were way under powered. Not Luke Cage. In fact sometimes I'm along for the ride. Running level 50 red terminals yesterday and most of the time, I could just stand back and between my summons and my team up, I could just stand back and they would take out most everything, include the bosses. Exceptions were Kingpin and Juggernaut.

haha for real?

I main Luke Cage and never knew this

Dec

I'm pretty sure Luke Cage is actually the worst summoner in the game. Though potentially really fun as he works on increasing the duration his summons last, rather than increasing the damage they deal in a lot of builds.

I wouldn't say Luke Cage is the best summoner in the game.

There is a really good Luke Cage build that puts him near the top in damage but I believe it is heavily gear dependent.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
this is coool

The team is pretty aggressive in spoiling stuff, but we need that final "official" sign off from our friends and partners at Marvel. (who are consistently awesome btw - case in point they sent us the official Avengers 2 Ultron CGI models for us to build our Ultron boss fight).

robgrab

Anybody else have problems not receiving all the items in a bundle they've purchased? I broke down and bought the Advance Pack 2 - Deluxe Edition and it only came with a fraction of the things listed in the description. For instance it came with 4 Retcon Devices instead of 24 and 1 Iridium Boost instead of 12. Not to mention it only came with about half of the characters. I even double checked my profile on the web site to make sure I hadn't made a mistake. I submitted a service ticket but haven't heard back yet.

Anybody else have problems not receiving all the items in a bundle they've purchased? I broke down and bought the Advance Pack 2 - Deluxe Edition and it only came with a fraction of the things listed in the description. For instance it came with 4 Retcon Devices instead of 24 and 1 Iridium Boost instead of 12. Not to mention it only came with about half of the characters. I even double checked my profile on the web site to make sure I hadn't made a mistake. I submitted a service ticket but haven't heard back yet.

Some of the heroes aren't out yey. You'll get them as soon as they're released. You'll also get a set number of retcons and boosts with each hero.

So by the end of the year you'll have everything that was listed.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
ive pretty much moved over to eso for now ill pop on now n then n play but for now im loving eso so much better since its release

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
holy fuck dat delay

The team-up update (AKA Team-Up 2.0) is a pretty massive amount of work and is most likely going to ship around the end of April or so.
yea like achievements ? lol

was meant to be out feb, last week david said end of march, two days ago ryolnir said start of april. now end of march.

they need to get there shit in line

KePoW

Banned

As 34 said, new heroes from that Pack are released about one per month. So they won't all be out until end of this year

Is it F2P already? Asked, knowing he could just google it.

ESO is actually a great game, even at launch. Get it and let's adventure together my friend!

Sblargh

Banned
Ok, I might just consider that. There's no shenanigans with brazilian currency is there??

I think you can just gift me via steam. On one hand, I want to say "oh, no, I'm kidding, I could never do it", but I guess I could do it in your case; let's just call reparations for america's role on brazillian 60's dictatorship.

I am kidding, yadah yadah yadah

KePoW

Banned
I think you can just gift me via steam. On one hand, I want to say "oh, no, I'm kidding, I could never do it", but I guess I could do it in your case; let's just call reparations for america's role on brazillian 60's dictatorship.

Oh is it actually on Steam now? I don't recall it back at launch, but it's been a while

Just let me steal some of your Brazilian water

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
ESO was just too grindy for me and that was after having played the Star Wars Old Republic MMO.

grind is in any mmo they all just do it different, marvel has hardly any grind but then there isnt much content for the grind to be there in first place to make it worthy lol

if a game is fun i tend to not be affected by grind anyway

This game is such a roller-coaster of RNG emotions.

No Tyr runes for ~300 hours.

Then tonight, two drop within 15 minutes of one another.

Lothars

holy fuck dat delay

yea like achievements ? lol

was meant to be out feb, last week david said end of march, two days ago ryolnir said start of april. now end of march.

they need to get there shit in line
Agreed, I have big issues with how Gaz handles alot of things especially release dates.

Vecks

Reached 52 with Punisher. I like him better now with the review, but I always get mixed up with the timing of the powers. Not a fan of the van ultimate. The only thing I like about it is that it's different than other ultimates. The concept itself is okay, but I would've preferred he control a grenade launcher or something where I could click around and watch things explode.

Top Bottom