• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

robgrab

Some of the heroes aren't out yey. You'll get them as soon as they're released. You'll also get a set number of retcons and boosts with each hero.

So by the end of the year you'll have everything that was listed.

Thanks for the info. I just wish I would've got an official response from Gazillion.

KePoW

Banned
This game is such a roller-coaster of RNG emotions.

No Tyr runes for ~300 hours.

Then tonight, two drop within 15 minutes of one another.

man ur always such a lucky dawg. u always hit the lotto in everything

Well, it was done in the context of a Kepow post, so it's topical.

Haha that was our own inside joke, remember Sblargh?

Reached 52 with Punisher. I like him better now with the review, but I always get mixed up with the timing of the powers. Not a fan of the van ultimate. The only thing I like about it is that it's different than other ultimates. The concept itself is okay, but I would've preferred he control a grenade launcher or something where I could click around and watch things explode.

I like the Ultimate a lot except for one thing... I hate how it scatters packs of mobs outwards when it first comes in

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Thanks for the info. I just wish I would've got an official response from Gazillion.

official response on what? the fact that the advance pack for every hero released in 2015 doesnt have every hero in 2015 available from the start? Im sorry, I guess youre new, but this is common knowledge and if you had done the most minimal of investigations you would know this

in fact, from the official faq on the official website:

When will the Advance Pack 2 heroes be released?

Most will be released between January and December 2015. Some will likely be released in the very early months of the following year depending on exact schedule details.

doesnt get much more official than that :p

I like the Ultimate a lot except for one thing... I hate how it scatters packs of mobs outwards when it first comes in

That is by design. On the test center, mobs and bosses were getting stuck inside the van and couldn't be targeted. They added the push back mechanic to make sure you could actually shoot stuff.

KePoW

Banned
That is by design. On the test center, mobs and bosses were getting stuck inside the van and couldn't be targeted. They added the push back mechanic to make sure you could actually shoot stuff.

oh hmm

well a good Punisher could summon it off to the side a bit, and therefore shoot a whole pack of enemies? just takes a little skill

oh hmm

well a good Punisher could summon it off to the side a bit, and therefore shoot a whole pack of enemies? just takes a little skill

What I'm saying is the bosses were running up to it with aggro and getting inside it. They added a permanent pushback element to it to prevent that.

robgrab

official response on what? the fact that the advance pack for every hero released in 2015 doesnt have every hero in 2015 available from the start? Im sorry, I guess youre new, but this is common knowledge and if you had done the most minimal of investigations you would know this

in fact, from the official faq on the official website:

When will the Advance Pack 2 heroes be released?

Most will be released between January and December 2015. Some will likely be released in the very early months of the following year depending on exact schedule details.

doesnt get much more official than that :p

I suppose I could have researched it more but I figured asking on a message board would cut to the chase. Not having the characters is completely understandable and makes sense but the lack of Retcon Devices made no sense to me.

I'm not exactly "new" to the game because I played it back in 2012 while it was still in beta but to be honest I found it kind of boring. Lately I've been hearing from various sources how much it's been improved so I reinstalled it and have been having a lot of fun. It reminds of the major overhaul Diablo 3 went through when they killed the Auction House and added Adventure Mode. While I prefer certain aspects of Diablo 3, like their Rune system, I'm completely burnt out on that aesthetic.

Dec

I suppose I could have researched it more but I figured asking on a message board would cut to the chase. Not having the characters is completely understandable and makes sense but the lack of Retcon Devices made no sense to me.

I'm not exactly "new" to the game because I played it back in 2012 while it was still in beta but to be honest I found it kind of boring. Lately I've been hearing from various sources how much it's been improved so I reinstalled it and have been having a lot of fun. It reminds of the major overhaul Diablo 3 went through when they killed the Auction House and added Adventure Mode. While I prefer certain aspects of Diablo 3, like their Rune system, I'm completely burnt out on that aesthetic.

Nah the releasing of retcons and boosts along with the heroes is something I didn't know happened, a bit weird.

Also you said you only got 1 boost right? According to the FAQ you should have 13 from the pack right now?

"12 Iridium Triple Boosts will be delivered immediately to players who order the Advance Pack 2 Deluxe Edition or Standard Edition. An additional Triple Boost will be delivered with each Advance Pack 2 Deluxe Edition hero delivery. "

Edit: 14 actually, I forgot iceman came out lol

The idea is to provide x number of retcons and the bars to be used with each new hero release, rather than all at once.

Nah the releasing of retcons and boosts along with the heroes is something I didn't know happened, a bit weird.

Also you said you only got 1 boost right? According to the FAQ you should have 13 from the pack right now?

"12 Iridium Triple Boosts will be delivered immediately to players who order the Advance Pack 2 Deluxe Edition or Standard Edition. An additional Triple Boost will be delivered with each Advance Pack 2 Deluxe Edition hero delivery. "

Edit: 14 actually, I forgot iceman came out lol

1780549-shakehead.gif

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Shit work day,

Had a customer kept kicking a machine so I politey said you nneed to stop that or your going to have to leave. He did it again after so I went down there and said we have a zero tolerance for abuse against machines or staff you had a warning so you now have to leave,

I pressed the cash out button and as I did he picked up a chair and got in my face threatening to hit me with it, at that time other staff member called police, and he put it down so I carried on sorting his money, at this time I started delaying a little to make sure police would catch him,

I said to other staff member the amount of money and to get it, he then picked up another chair n threatened again so I your getting your money so stop, staff member came with money and gave him it and we both walked him to door and he went to walk up road n police van pulled into loading bay outside and caught him.

Stupid dick I handled it well but dam I was ready to go kick his arse give him so girl power lol, still calming down and shaking a little though,

KePoW

Banned
Shit work day,

Had a customer kept kicking a machine so I politey said you nneed to stop that or your going to have to leave. He did it again after so I went down there and said we have a zero tolerance for abuse against machines or staff you had a warning so you now have to leave,

I pressed the cash out button and as I did he picked up a chair and got in my face threatening to hit me with it, at that time other staff member called police, and he put it down so I carried on sorting his money, at this time I started delaying a little to make sure police would catch him,

I said to other staff member the amount of money and to get it, he then picked up another chair n threatened again so I your getting your money so stop, staff member came with money and gave him it and we both walked him to door and he went to walk up road n police van pulled into loading bay outside and caught him.

Stupid dick I handled it well but dam I was ready to go kick his arse give him so girl power lol, still calming down and shaking a little though,

that sux

what kind of machines??

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
new raid delayed till end of march. crafting revamp delayed from april to anniversary.

Here's what the Big 10 will be with this week's patch:

Cosmic Chaos
* Cosmic Worldstones can drop from any enemy in the game!
* Doubled leveling rate for Cosmic Prestige
* Cosmic Worldstone caches will drop from bosses and X-Defense and Holo-Sim End Chests
* Increased chance of Doop Rune dropping

Operation Omega
* Shared Quests reward Omega Files and double Omega orbs
* Omega leveling is 24% faster
* Daily Quest from Coulson
* Enemies can drop Omega Drives

A.R.M.O.R. Incursion
[Note: We are still working on improvements to the A.R.M.O.R. Event. These will launch with it's updates.]
* A.R.M.O.R. drives drop from bosses and normal enemies

Server Side Boosts
* Lucky 77% Server Side RIF, SIF and XP Bonus

Fortune Favors You
* Complete Stan Lee's Industry City Patrol mission every day for a different Fortune Card!

Odin's Bounty
* Bonus loot game mode rotation where bosses drop Chests of Odin's Bounty.
* Everyone has a rare chance to receive Odin's Blessing, which gives your chests special jackpot loot!

Play with the Devs
* Various Gazillion Devs will play over the weekend and announce their own special codes in chat that can be redeemed for potions and other goodies! And as always, there will be SPOILERS!

Awesome Daily Gift!

Sweet Deals!
As per our previous Big Ten, we'll also be having special deals in the store!

A little disappointed about the Omega ramp-up buff being omitted, but double cosmic leveling + 77% boost is still enough for me to get off my ass and finish Iceman (and live that endgame life again).

KePoW

Banned
Here's what the Big 10 will be with this week's patch:

A little disappointed about the Omega ramp-up buff being omitted, but double cosmic leveling + 77% boost is still enough for me to get off my ass and finish Iceman (and live that endgame life again).

how long is this supposed to last?

I like the free Fortune Cards too. Im trying to save enough of those little ID cards to buy Storms sexy costume. I dont have the luck to pull it straight from a card.

Annnnnnd all is right with the world:
Hey all, we've talked it over and have decided to include the Omega Server Side increases and the Doubled Cosmic Boss loot, in part because doing some parts of the events and not others is confusing, and also in part because we love you.

So we're going to have a day of double drops from cosmic bosses with a 192% server side buff. With boosts you could go from 0-7500 Omegas in this week. And it'll be raining boss artifacts.

Time to request off/call in sick.

Annnnnnd all is right with the world:

So we're going to have a day of double drops from cosmic bosses with a 192% server side buff. With boosts you could go from 0-7500 Omegas in this week. And it'll be raining boss artifacts.

Time to request off/call in sick.

By raining you mean I will not see a single one drop all week.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Welp I guess it's finally time for me to farm some decent artifacts. Also need more Power Cosmics, only got two atm and they're on Psylocke and Ghost Rider, and I barely play either anymore. Want one for Thor, at the very least.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Omega being a part of Big10 means I should be able to finish Coulson this go round.

Well, I would, but Bloodborne and Pillars of Eternity come out next week. Shit.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Omega being a part of Big10 means I should be able to finish Coulson this go round.

Well, I would, but Bloodborne and Pillars of Eternity come out next week. Shit.

yeah I missed the first big 10, and now this big 10 is during bloodborne week? welp...

yeah I missed the first big 10, and now this big 10 is during bloodborne week? welp...

Unrelated, but I have the entire Bloodborne week off from work and I'm stoked. I should probably temper my hype since I didn't really care for Demon Souls at all, but we'll see.

Ploid 3.0

I cared for Demons Souls but don't know if I want to buy Bloodborne, I'd need to buy playstation+ just for it. I'll use this awesome week of Marvel to wait and see what people really think of it.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I wonder if that Pillars game is going to be buggy

I'm sure there will be some bugs, but I am hopeful that it won't have enough to be considered "buggy."

Top Bottom