• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

KePoW

Banned
Unrelated, but I have the entire Bloodborne week off from work and I'm stoked. I should probably temper my hype since I didn't really care for Demon Souls at all, but we'll see.

yo bro, I never played any of the Souls games. but why would you get Bloodborne if u hated Demon Souls like krazy??

Xevren

So how hard is it to get a doop rune? Wanting to get that power doop for my ghost rider and wondering how much of my hair I'm going to end up ripping out in advance.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
yo bro, I never played any of the Souls games. but why would you get Bloodborne if u hated Demon Souls like krazy??

He's not alone. "I didn't really like Souls games but Bloodborne looks amazing" is a pretty common statement. I'm close to that myself; I really enjoyed Demon's Souls despite not getting very far in it, and tried multiple times to get into Dark Souls but it never really clicked.

I think the combination of the awesome aesthetic design and subtle differences in gameplay (faster/more aggressive-focused combat) make it really appealing to people who may be familiar with, but not totally in love with, the Souls games.

KePoW

Banned
He's not alone. "I didn't really like Souls games but Bloodborne looks amazing" is a pretty common statement. I'm close to that myself; I really enjoyed Demon's Souls despite not getting very far in it, and tried multiple times to get into Dark Souls but it never really clicked.

I think the combination of the awesome aesthetic design and subtle differences in gameplay (faster/more aggressive-focused combat) make it really appealing to people who may be familiar with, but not totally in love with, the Souls games.

Ok, I have never played any of the three Souls games myself so I can't really comment on that part

I just thought Bloodborne looked very similar dark setting to me, just from looks

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Oh it's definitely a similar style, but it's swapped out the Soul's games dark take on medieval/fantasy for a more victorian/gothic feel.

I didn't hate it at all, I just wasn't too hot on it. The mechanics on my PS3 felt a bit clunky, and the game felt difficult to the point of being downright cheap some times. Progressing through an area should rely on trial and error to avoid some hidden arrow trap from instantly killing me.

KePoW

Banned
I didn't hate it at all, I just wasn't too hot on it. The mechanics on my PS3 felt a bit clunky, and the game felt difficult to the point of being downright cheap some times. Progressing through an area should rely on trial and error to avoid some hidden arrow trap from instantly killing me.

yeah the reason I skipped all 3 is because I heard they were seriously hardcore hard. and I don't like hard games, i'm not a hardcore gamer lol

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Actually glad Bloodborne isn't out till Friday here in Eurotrash Land so I can get in more time with the Big 10.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Wish a game could challenge me like ninja gaiden black on master ninja difficulty. My fav game ever

KePoW

Banned
Wish a game could challenge me like ninja gaiden black on master ninja difficulty. My fav game ever

wat

I thought u were a gurl!

gurl.gif

Anoregon

Let's all just quit Marvel Heroes and play Battletoads.

I can't even think of a game that's harder than Ninja Gaiden without being unfair or broken. Probably some of those ridiculous arcade drumming games.

I like baby games...Animal Crossing is too hard for me.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
You mean original one on NES right? Not the Xbox games

Nes one is piss easy compared to black on original Xbox. Any gaiden fan will tell u same

Master ninja is insane and it doesn't do standard stuff like u have less health or can't save instead it completely changes most mob spawns for different ones. Like in first chapter the first ninjas u vs are the hardest ones in game etc.

Sblargh

Banned
Kepow adding sexism to the resume, I see.

Edit: I'll go with Battletoads as hard game from childhood. Also have a special place in my heart because I didn't know it was excepcionally hard, I just thought that I wasn't good enough. Oh, childhood traumas. You can really come from anywhere.

KePoW

Banned
Nes one is piss easy compared to black on original Xbox. Any gaiden fan will tell u same

Master ninja is insane and it doesn't do standard stuff like u have less health or can't save instead it completely changes most mob spawns for different ones. Like in first chapter the first ninjas u vs are the hardest ones in game etc.

oh I dunno about Master Ninja, I just meant in general default to default

Dec

So how hard is it to get a doop rune? Wanting to get that power doop for my ghost rider and wondering how much of my hair I'm going to end up ripping out in advance.

You can probably expect 1-5 if you play a bit during Big 10 from caches, you can farm the 500 stones it takes to buy one from the vendor in a few hours or cosmic terminal rushing.

If you want one sooner your only hopes are if you have 500 stones sitting around to get one from the vendor, or trade. They are 2 or 3 blessings I believe (leaning heavily towards 2).

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
what a coincidence I *just* did a couple Loki farm runs for that elusive GoM recipe, but no dice, and the goddamn unskippable cinematic at the start of each fight saps my will to live

KePoW

Banned
what a coincidence I *just* did a couple Loki farm runs for that elusive GoM recipe, but no dice, and the goddamn unskippable cinematic at the start of each fight saps my will to live

the recipe is tradeable right? I think a lot of regulars in this thread have extra Loki recipes

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I love how we shrug and laugh at racist and derogatory comments, its all silly right?

yeah... jesus christ

KePoW

Banned
is... is this true? Does anyone have spares? I'd trade some stuff for it!

well I know Vice and the other boss recipe is tradeable, so I think Loki is too

I can't totally recall but I believe I gave one to a friend a while back. It's just that most people don't have spare Loki recipes because nobody ever kills him otherwise, unlike terminal bosses. But I believe a lot of the hardcore players in this thread have spare ones

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
getting mad at kepow for saying racist/sexist/regressive things is like yelling at a dog for having pissed on the rug

he doesn't have the mental capacity to understand why what he did is wrong and just enjoys the attention

real talk: I mean, we all understand 95% of kepow's content is a performance, right? Which doesn't let him off the hook but since his commitment to the bit is so strong, easier to just go along with it because we are all in on the "joke", even if the joke occasionally just reproduces racist/sexist/etc commentary in a way that's indistinguishable from the real thing (which is a real thing: Poe's Law)

KRAZY!

KePoW

Banned
getting mad at kepow for saying racist/sexist/regressive things is like yelling at a dog for having pissed on the rug

he doesn't have the mental capacity to understand why what he did is wrong and just enjoys the attention

real talk: I mean, we all understand 95% of kepow's content is a performance, right? Which doesn't let him off the hook but since his commitment to the bit is so strong, easier to just go along with it because we are all in on the "joke", even if the joke occasionally just reproduces racist/sexist/etc commentary in a way that's indistinguishable from the real thing (which is a real thing: Poe's Law)

KRAZY!

I've actually never heard of Poe's Law before

now I have learned something new today

KePoW

Banned
One of the NA region guilds, yes.

Edit: You're not getting access to my MOTD with your redguard hate-speech. Don't even think about it.

how many different NA GAF guilds are there?

what's funny is my main character in Skyrim was a redguard. in ESO it's an orc though

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
brevik said on stream that one of the chnages they are tlaking about doing with the armor event is adding ultimate upgrade tokens to vendor

DrBo42

how many different NA GAF guilds are there?

what's funny is my main character in Skyrim was a redguard. in ESO it's an orc though

2. The newer one with XT has about 8 total members while the original one that I took control of has over 100. Enough derail from me.

Top Bottom