• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

inky

One of my issues with the game getting good and popular. Default looks became modern look instead of most recognizable or classic ones either due to Marvel meddling or some other business reason.

Doom not being green by default is a travesty.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!

I'm generally pretty forgiving of Gaz's myriad policies, but this is blatantly all about the benjamins. They know Doom is going to be popular and they know people will want to actually look like a version of Doom that isn't from a Michael Jackson video.

Drayco21

Doom's default annoys me somewhat, he needs to be in green.

I prefer it when the villains are made playable with their default costumes being the ones worn during their face-turns instead of whatever is most marketable or iconic like the heroes are. Marvel Now white Magneto, Future Foundation Doom, Thunderbolts Juggernaut, Lethal Protector Venom, Dark World movie Loki, ect.

If anything, it bothers me that his alt on release is effectively just going to be a palette swap and not a whole new costume.

I prefer it when the villains are made playable with their default costumes being the ones worn during their face-turns instead of whatever is most marketable or iconic like the heroes are. Marvel Now white Magneto, Future Foundation Doom, Thunderbolts Juggernaut, Lethal Protector Venom, Dark World movie Loki, ect.

If anything, it bothers me that his alt on release is effectively just going to be a palette swap and not a whole new costume.

I understand what you mean but I want to play Doom and in my mind he dresses in green. That is just a personal preference though.

I'm not too bothered whether they were ever a hero or not as long as they are fun to play.

So... Storm's a lot of fun. I dunno why I put off playing her for so long.

AoE lightning is second only to Hulk's smashing and Squirrel Girl's... squirrels.
One of my issues with the game getting good and popular. Default looks became modern look instead of most recognizable or classic ones either due to Marvel meddling or some other business reason.

Gaz knows the fans playing the game want the classic costumes, which is precisely why they're extra. It's the same reason the 90's cartoons' costumes are there.

It's always been like that for characters that came out post the launch roster, though. And it's Marvel who mostly dictactes what the default costume is. We had the same deal with Loki, Gambit, and Nightcrawler (which is where this was heavily complained about at first). We are also going to get the white Iron Fist costume as the default, etc. We even almost had it with Nova (who was on the launch roster), though that was averted due to the vocal fanbase.

I mean, we don't know if these choices apply for all characters, but I'm sure that most of them are due to Marvel saying they have to be that alt. It might be the same with the playable villains; they'd have to be defaulted with the costume they wore during their heroic stints.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member

I agree, same for Magneto. Like come the fuck on, you're not gonna make his iconic look the default? Booooooo.

inky

I know all that Red, I've been here since before launch too. I'm just saying it sucks and it is definitely a consequence of the game pulling a u turn.

Spoit

Tasky is the go to for non-teleporters. But if you need any uniques, you might as well farm the other bosses.

Kingpin is supposedly the best for worldstones

I know all that Red, I've been here since before launch too. I'm just saying it sucks and it is definitely a consequence of the game pulling a u turn.

It really isn't if you think about it. Most costumes have been modern from the start (just look at all the x-men). There have only been a few exceptions where the classic is the default.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
It really isn't if you think about it. Most costumes have been modern from the start (just look at all the x-men). There have only been a few exceptions where the classic is the default.

like Iceman...ffs

and Carol Ms Marvel, not Captain Marvel.

d9mq69h.gif

well...WAS bullshit :p

inky

I've thought about it and it is. I'm saying that they used recognizable, basic/popular looks (quote= most recognizable or classic ones), not that all of them were classic by default. For the X-Men they stuck to a particular run and were consistent. Following that logic, Magneto wouldn't have been in his white costume if he was a launch character, same with Doom. They even went with Phoenix and Carol Ms Marvel, not Captain Marvel, putting popularity or being recognizable ahead of modern consistency. Since about late 2013/early 2014 it's become more common to have to pay a bit more for that.

That Mega Pack 3 is actually a really great deal, gat damn. Probably not for anyone in this thread, though. https://store.marvelheroes.com/wsstore_en_us/mega-pack-mk-iii.html

Considering I paid the same thing for each advance pack deluxe, that's a steal for that amount of heroes and all the other things.
I bought this because had 13 heroes left to get, breaking down to $10 a hero for me. For every hero I already owned, I received an ultimate upgrade token + extra default costume. After using those costumes to blend, I ended up with: Doom War Panther, Classic Colossus, A1 Movie Hawkeye, Planet Hulk, Future Foundation Invisible Woman, Silver Savage Surfer, Big Time (Green) Spider-Man and 90s Storm.

I just wish the Movie Hawkeye and 90s Storm weren't so ugly >_>. I'll probably use them as blender fodder eventually.

Sblargh

Banned
I think Cyclops is the only hero I'd really like to try and doesn't have yet.

On another news, inventory management during this event is hell... again. I need a sort button, Gaz!

I've thought about it and it is. I'm saying that they used recognizable, basic/popular looks (quote= most recognizable or classic ones), not that all of them were classic by default. For the X-Men they stuck to a particular run and were consistent. Following that logic, Magneto wouldn't have been in his white costume if he was a launch character, same with Doom. They even went with Phoenix and Carol Ms Marvel, not Captain Marvel, putting popularity or being recognizable ahead of modern consistency. Since about late 2013/early 2014 it's become more common to have to pay a bit more for that.

Aren't Magneto and Doom just using their good guy variations as defaults? Also there are a bunch of heroes that make your last statement untrue. Moon Knight, Strange, Psylocke, Surfer, Star-Lord (sort of), Nova, X-23, Iceman, and Vision all have their most recognizable costumes as their defaults. That's most of the roster since "late 2013/early 2014". They really aren't changing what they offer like you say they are. If anything it seems like the opposite.

inky

Aren't Magneto and Doom just using their good guy variations as defaults? Also there are a bunch of heroes that make your last statement untrue. Moon Knight, Strange, Psylocke, Surfer, Star-Lord (sort of), Nova, X-23, Iceman, and Vision all have their most recognizable costumes as their defaults. That's most of the roster since "late 2013/early 2014". They really aren't changing what they offer like you say they are. If anything it seems like the opposite.

A lot of those are modern enough variations that have just kept the basic feel of the character. If anything it only proves that they are very inconsistent and the character's popularity and potential costume sales (including amount of potential different costumes) is definitely a factor.

So sure, they are using "good guy" variations. It's a nice excuse for being defaults.

Drayco21

I think Marvel's opinion weights a bunch on what a default hero look like.

I still can't believe they approved the based DnA helmet for Star-Lord instead of his Chris Pratt coat, right in the middle of all that movie hype. Like, it wasn't even the primary version of the based helmet costume, it was the one-off event book version of it.

I'm glad they did, but it baffles me that it happened.

DrBo42

Dat Pillar of Justice. One of the best looking ultimates I've seen in the game.

Edit: Wow, she's most likely going on test center tonight.

DrBo42

What's Shulkie's ult? Tell me!

Leaps off-screen, comes back with a gigantic pillar, slams it down, starts spinning it horizontally for about 2 seconds and slams it down again I believe. Looks really good in motion, green glowing fissures from the slams etc.

Damn, Vision.
Can't wait. Hope he's super flashy.

Doom, don't care about costumes obviously as I'm on AdvPack2 but yeah, crazy decision by Gaz.

Where are the GIFs of She-Hulk gaddam it? At work, couldn't watch stream.

Looks like I'll be running Tasky all weekend.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
BIG10 is code

just had two st paddys buffs and both times got a mysterious crimson box one gace mental focus headband other gave liz fomrula

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Reading Avengers A.I. atm, reckon they will give Vision his crazy nanites powers and shit? Could result in some cool visuals

So Doomsaw put up a 2015 preview blog that'll cover everything being added to the game. It'll be constantly updated too, so keep an eye out.

Cosmic Patrols and the Danger Room are first up. Read all about it here.

Some standout bits for both modes:

Cosmic Patrol -
Juggernaut, Magneto, Loki, Taskmaster and Venom have a small chance of dropping their respective Hero Tokens when defeated in a Cosmic Patrol Zone!

Danger Room -
Upon entering the Danger Room, you are presented with a simulation that includes 3 levels of timed challenges, followed by a level with an epic boss battle, followed by a "treasure room" level in the Danger Room central core.

Sblargh

Banned
"They should hype less stuff because they never deliver them on time or without bugs"

"So, guys, we're creating a blog just to hype even more stuff!"

Edit: Will there be any reason not to do the patrols in cosmic? Even if you're undergeared, you can kind of just leech everyone else's kills.

Edit 2: Ooohh, I like how danger room works. It reminds me of the random map drops on PoE and those were sweet.

Rhaknar

Sometimes I wonder how I have over 1300 hours in this game... I hate farming :/ it just bores me to death after a couple of runs. It's not MH either, it's the genre. I was getting a bit into Diablo again, then I understood what the nephalim rift system was, just grinding rifts for currency and a slim possibility of good loot, and got imediatly turned off and haven't played again in days.

"They should hype less stuff because they never deliver them on time or without bugs"

"So, guys, we're creating a blog just to hype even more stuff!"

Gaz needs to keep the regulars aboard that hype train. And the forum goers love this stuff. They froth at the sight of new dev posts and info. It's why they love Gaz so much, so you better believe Gaz is going to keep this up.

My Marvel Heroes gambling continues to go fairly well.

Did a 5x Cosmic Box thing bundle. It's getting dangerous since I now have over 50% of the heroes.

Two new heroes: Wolverine and Moon Knight (I think both are well liked?)
Two dupes: Hulk and Storm (who I'm currently leveling)
One costume: Colossus Classic

Also got a gargoyle looking pet thing so that's neat. And got three Eternity Potions which I was thinking of spending G on since they seem to be a cheap way to get Eternity Splinters/Random Hero Boxes.

Decided to do my first Costume Blender out of the rejects I didn't like from past Cosmic boxes. Traded in that Colossus Classic, Cable Classic, and Storm's default and got the Enhanced Kate Bishop for Hawkeye. Seems like a big win to me.

There's too much stuff that pops out during Big 10. Within 15 minutes my inventory is completely stacked with boxes that dropped in ICP. It's silly.

Edit: Oh, and got one of the Mardi Gras visual effects. Looks like color sparkles or something?

Reading Avengers A.I. atm, reckon they will give Vision his crazy nanites powers and shit? Could result in some cool visuals

I reaaaaaally loved that series. Gutted it's finished.

That's exactly what I was referring to above, those nanite powers. Hope he's all green nano flashy.

Top Bottom