• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Prestiging question: I know you can't get quest rewards again after you prestige if you got them the first time around, but how do they handle the extra power points? Do you start off with them right away when you prestige, or do you have to redo the quests that granted them?

I'm not sold on the whole prestige thing, either. I've only attempted it on Daredevil and it has resulted in him being stuck at 42 green for months.

There are one of two things that have to happen before I try it again:

1) I get every character to 60...long way to go there. I'll be waiting for reviews before touching Cyclops, Hulk, or Thor. Some characters I never want to even touch, like the stupid rock guy.

So more likely will be...

2) I hit 200% experience synergy. This would actually trump the first issue altogether. I'm only playing certain heroes for their synergies and to bump that experience boost, and that sucks. I'm close to hitting 50 with Loki and have hated the entire journey. With new people releasing, I should be able to hit the limit without wasting my time playing fools I can't stand. Doom, Magneto, and Iron Fist are all must play for me, so that's an easy 15% right there.

Iron Fist or the hopefully improved Lady Mandarin Psylocke will be obvious prestige candidates.

facebook_highlight_Sales_AdvancePack2015.jpg

#Kreygasm

If they had either she-hulk or Nova right now.. I wouldn't be able decide on who I'd spent the infinite splinters on.

I'm not sold on the whole prestige thing, either. I've only attempted it on Daredevil and it has resulted in him being stuck at 42 green for months.

There are one of two things that have to happen before I try it again:

1) I get every character to 60...long way to go there. I'll be waiting for reviews before touching Cyclops, Hulk, or Thor. Some characters I never want to even touch, like the stupid rock guy.

So more likely will be...

2) I hit 200% experience synergy. This would actually trump the first issue altogether. I'm only playing certain heroes for their synergies and to bump that experience boost, and that sucks. I'm close to hitting 50 with Loki and have hated the entire journey. With new people releasing, I should be able to hit the limit without wasting my time playing fools I can't stand. Doom, Magneto, and Iron Fist are all must play for me, so that's an easy 15% right there.

Iron Fist or the hopefully improved Lady Mandarin Psylocke will be obvious prestige candidates.

No better day than today to finish up that DD prestige. Pop an XP pot and bar and you'll be getting a level (or close to it) per terminal LQ. If you still have your Omega Boost from the code last week (and I'd hope you do), even better.

Moondrop

Banned
In order of increasing fun, I leveled Loki, Nightcrawler, and Hawkeye from 50 -> 60 this week as well.

Loki has some interesting design elements, but the net experience is the most miserable on my roster. He has literally zero single target damage skills. I chose to focus on a sorcery build, because the ice tree seems to lack coherence and the clone tree is a pale shadow of GW2's mesmer. Sorcery is fine for mobs
(what isn't?),
but otherwise it's a rote and awkward rotation for mediocre damage.

Nightcrawler is one of my favorite X-men, but I'm not a fan of his hit-and-run playstyle. I refuse to use swords out of principle, but you can actually pull off a solid build with just the other two trees. He felt better in the 50-60 range then earlier in the level curve, but still meh.

Hawkeye was surprisingly the most fun of this sorry lot. This was mostly due to one underrated skill- Freeze Arrow. I understand CC is problematic in this game, but freezing works. You can AoE freeze mobs for over 10 seconds each. You can consistently freeze bosses- not necessarily on the first hit, but you can just spam Freeze Arrow until it activates and then follow up with your AoE DoTs. He's also got several other nice touches: a viable basic, a single target that you can properly time to weave into rotations, a roll that stuns, a jump-back, and an AoE toughness and constitution buff. This last skill, the Medical Arrow, actually pumps out some nice support.

One commonality among this group: all bleed spirit, such that I was compelled to give each my stack of Gibborim as well as slot +spirit gear.

I'm looking forward to not playing any of them again, but if forced to stick with one right now, it would be Hawkeye.

Ploid 3.0

I'm really happy with She Hulk's default. I can't imagine playing her with any other costume. Wasn't a fan of the Lawyer costume or the alt colors in MVC3. Fantastic 4 costume is ok, but only because it was different and gave me some variety after 2000 matches.

I'm really happy with She Hulk's default. I can't imagine playing her with any other costume. Wasn't a fan of the Lawyer costume or the alt colors in MVC3. Fantastic 4 costume is ok, but only because it was different and gave me some variety after 2000 matches.

Wish we got this one instead, it's much more like a superhero jumpsuit than that creepy old 80's leotard.

please go buy Shulkie #8. it's made of win.

DrAg0nBoY

God the last day of the Omega event is just crazy. Got my Emma almost to level 60. If I have the time, I will try to bring another character as far as possible.

When MM comes I will probably play my Star-Lord for as long as I don't get some good rolls on my uniques. Or does that not matter as long as he opens the boxes?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
the consensus from the test server is that the MM chests pale in comparison do the loot explosions from last MM, they are pretty much the same shit as the odin chests

...yay >_>

Ken

the consensus from the test server is that the MM chests pale in comparison do the loot explosions from last MM, they are pretty much the same shit as the odin chests

...yay >_>

you know what

maybe i wont buy that advanced pack lol

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
you know what

maybe i wont buy that advanced pack lol

I dont see what one has to do with the other but ok. They can still buff them on live if ppl cry enough I guess

Ken

I dont see what one has to do with the other but ok. They can still buff them on live if ppl cry enough I guess

i mean that if they like to keep stealth nerfing events and other fun things that kind of rubs me the wrong way and i might be less inclined to keep supporting them with real money purchases

i didn't think the connection was that difficult to make

Volimar

So many of the events this summer have been ridiculously generous. It's kind of silly talking about more realistic events being "nerfed".

*shrug*

Also, I'm about to break my rule about no more random boxes. RNGesus take the wheel!

Ken

Eh, I don't know. I guess it's just my personal growing perception of Gaz since launch that feels like anything too fun or generous needs to be toned down with no explanation.

Oh well, carry on then.

Rhaknar

Midtown Fortune cards also drop during Midtown Madness.

yay

Rhaknar

chests seem better than odin so far but not by much. gotten 1 unique out of every villain pack except 1 so far. but its FAR from the lootsplosions of last MM

oh well, to be expected

Volimar

chests seem better than odin so far but not by much. gotten 1 unique out of every villain pack except 1 so far. but its FAR from the lootsplosions of last MM

oh well, to be expected

The hell are you complaining about? I've gotten 1 unique out of around 15 chests. grumble grumble

Gonna try to pass out for the next 20 hours or so.

zZzzzz....

Rhaknar

The hell are you complaining about? I've gotten 1 unique out of around 15 chests. grumble grumble

Gonna try to pass out for the next 20 hours or so.

zZzzzz....

im not complaining, im stating a fact. I even said its better than odin so far

Vecks

Played about 40 minutes. Found 4 uniques and 4 fortune cards.
I forgot how addicting MM is (though I'll probably get sick of it in a day or two, like every other event).
It's just basically waiting every 3 minutes to gamble.
Every time I'm about to quit, I think, well... in just 2 minutes... there's another boss fight...

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
so marvel gaf i made this post on forums i just wanna get your general opinions too.

something im growing tired of recently is how they implemented these monthly events to help simplify everything and make it so you dont collect loads of different things.

i respect they said when they first come along they will keep looking at them and change things for the next time round and fix problems etc. but like this mm event, they added these chests to help as they say help with lag. (for myself i i didnt recieve any lag on loot explosions nor do i in midtown but ive recently changed my computer so maybe its more of a cpu/ram lag for most people ? ).

as it appears to be seen these chests are in fact alot worse than the normal loot from mm loot explosions on bosses.

it was also noticed on the cosmic even last time that they heavily nerfed the drop of worldstones and change the doop area.

another problem i have with the special loot from these events (worldstones, bark, etc ) is the fact that these are now on a timer and are barely affected by special item find. where as before when they wernt on timer it was easily notcieable that special item find was helping. which in effect makes it pretty pointless to run special item find on these special events. why use special item find for splinters, when theirs a splinter drop potion for start ( which i will add was the main reason people used special item find in first place).

so the fact that splinter drops has its own potion for buffing timer and how many drop. and now event drops are on timers, to me special item find is pretty redundant and gaz will miss out on money in that area.

i also wanna add how cybernetics was mostly introduced for the loot explosions. (remmeber few weeks ago when the midtown madness was bugged and they nerfed it next day and said its for a feature down line "cybernetics" ) and now the loot is in a chest it makes the whole thing redundant.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Is there a guide or site that has all the possible cybernetics affix rolls?

http://www.reddit.com/r/marvelheroes/comments/2gk2e1/cybernetics_bonuses/

Green Tier:
* 1% dodge chance
* 1% projectile deflection chance
* +2-3% base defense
* +4-8% base health (560 health at level 60 with 8%)
* 1-2% less damage from enemy ranged powers
* 2-3% less damage from enemy area attacks
* 1-2% less damage from enemy melee attacks
* 1-2% less damage from bosses
* 1% defense against all attacks
Blue Tier:
* +100 Spirit recovery per minute
* +5% SIF
* +5% RIF
* +3-5 credits per drop
* +3-5% Move speed
* +2-3 spirit on basic attack
* +30-50 spirit
* +5% more credits from cybernetics (raising to 6% total from 1%)
Purple Tier:
* +2-3% critical damage
* +2-3% base damage on mental attacks
* +2-3% base damage on energy attacks
* +2-3% base damage on physical attacks
* +2-3% base damage on ranged attacks
* +2-3% base damage on melee attacks
* +2-3% base damage on area attacks
* +4% summoned ally damage
* +5% energy damage when hitting with a mental power
* +5% energy damage when hitting with a physical power
* +5% mental damage when hitting with a physical power
* +5-10% damage when brutally striking
Cosmic Tier:
* +1 to all powers
* +1 to signature power (possibly able to get +2, not confirmed yet)
* +1-2 to ultimate powers
* +1-2 to basic powers
* +1-2 to ranged powers
* +1-2 to summon powers
* +1-2 to area powers
* +1-2 to melee powers
* +1-2 to movement powers
* +2 damage rating on area powers (this is bugged/unintended and will be automatically rerolled, when fixed)
Unique Tier:
* +1-3 Strength
* +1-3 Energy
* +1-3 Fighting
* +1-3 Speed
* +1-3 Intellect
* +1-3 Durability
* +1 to all attributes

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
they need to test their patches the amount of bugs each patch is started to become shit

Known Issue:

Added this:

Exp orbs from Midtown Boxes may spawn invisible and/or be instantly vacuumed on players. (Running around in a small circle will pick up invisible ones).

inky

they need to test their patches the amount of bugs each patch is started to become shit

That's been happening since the first patch I can remember.

Gaz greatest flaw as developers is their inability to take a step back and take it easy for a month polishing what's there instead of trying to do many things at once and add new stuff all the time. It's not like the game is starving for content either, especially now compared to a year ago.

KePoW

Banned
so marvel gaf i made this post on forums i just wanna get your general opinions too.

something im growing tired of recently is how they implemented these monthly events to help simplify everything and make it so you dont collect loads of different things.

i respect they said when they first come along they will keep looking at them and change things for the next time round and fix problems etc. but like this mm event, they added these chests to help as they say help with lag. (for myself i i didnt recieve any lag on loot explosions nor do i in midtown but ive recently changed my computer so maybe its more of a cpu/ram lag for most people ? ).

as it appears to be seen these chests are in fact alot worse than the normal loot from mm loot explosions on bosses.

it was also noticed on the cosmic even last time that they heavily nerfed the drop of worldstones and change the doop area.

another problem i have with the special loot from these events (worldstones, bark, etc ) is the fact that these are now on a timer and are barely affected by special item find. where as before when they wernt on timer it was easily notcieable that special item find was helping. which in effect makes it pretty pointless to run special item find on these special events. why use special item find for splinters, when theirs a splinter drop potion for start ( which i will add was the main reason people used special item find in first place).

so the fact that splinter drops has its own potion for buffing timer and how many drop. and now event drops are on timers, to me special item find is pretty redundant and gaz will miss out on money in that area.

i also wanna add how cybernetics was mostly introduced for the loot explosions. (remmeber few weeks ago when the midtown madness was bugged and they nerfed it next day and said its for a feature down line "cybernetics" ) and now the loot is in a chest it makes the whole thing redundant.

I hear what you're saying, but all of the above are what I consider minor and I don't really care. IMO

SIF is definitely useless though

thanks friend!

That's been happening since the first patch I can remember.

Gaz greatest flaw as developers is their inability to take a step back and take it easy for a month polishing what's there instead of trying to do many things at once and add new stuff all the time. It's not like the game is starving for content either, especially now compared to a year ago.

Agreed. I think we all know Gaz is too aggressive with their patches, I don't know why they choose to be that way

Dec

We heard anything on that hardware cursor option?

Showed up a while ago but when enabled crashed the test client, was gone in the next test, scheduled to come back soon but hasn't been mentioned ever again.

I hear what you're saying, but all of the above are what I consider minor and I don't really care. IMO

SIF is definitely useless though

I pretty much agree with Kepow. I miss the days of getting to 60 and being able to get level 60 uniques by playing through a few xdefs, but I don't feel ripped off if the loot splosions are different from month to month. I actually really hate loot splosions in general...it's just a stupid concept. Just give me uniques. The only time I like loot splosions is like the one at the end of the raid where it feels epic to have broken open Surtur like a pinata.

KePoW

Banned
I pretty much agree with Kepow. I miss the days of getting to 60 and being able to get level 60 uniques by playing through a few xdefs, but I don't feel ripped off if the loot splosions are different from month to month. I actually really hate loot splosions in general...it's just a stupid concept. Just give me uniques. The only time I like loot splosions is like the one at the end of the raid where it feels epic to have broken open Surtur like a pinata.

Yeah, I come from old-school MMOs where it's supposed to take a few months to gear out your character.

I think being able to literally get every piece of gear in one day is quite stupid (like the previous MM event). That's not the type of MMO game design I want, but it's personal preference.

Dec

Yeah, I come from old-school MMOs where it's supposed to take a few months to gear out your character.

I think being able to literally get every piece of gear in one day is quite stupid (like the previous MM event). That's not the type of MMO game design I want, but it's personal preference.

It's a flaw with the itemization of the game. It takes many people months and months to get certain any hero uniques and for some characters those are BiS.

Heroes that use their own uniques with no any heroes gear very quickly because of the lack of variety. If they only have one unique for each slot and when a unique drops it's more likely to be specific to the hero you're playing, you have very good chances to get something you need with the chance only becoming low when you are looking for the last one and finding duplicates. Still pretty good chances.

I find that uniques drop slower in this game than others of the genre, the problem here is that when you get a unique it has a higher chance to be useful.

Without an event and no boosts the drop rate of uniques is pretty terrible.

Also your comparison isn't very applicable because there are nearly 40 classes to gear in this game.

It's a flaw with the itemization of the game. It takes many people months and months to get certain any hero uniques and for some characters those are BiS.

Heroes that use their own uniques with no any heroes gear very quickly because of the lack of variety. If they only have one unique for each slot and when a unique drops it's more likely to be specific to the hero you're playing, you have very good chances to get something you need with the chance only becoming low when you are looking for the last one and finding duplicates. Still pretty good chances.

I find that uniques drop slower in this game than others of the genre, the problem here is that when you get a unique it has a higher chance to be useful.

Without an event and no boosts the drop rate of uniques is pretty terrible.

Also your comparison isn't very applicable because there are nearly 40 classes to gear in this game.

I thought that the old drop rate for uniques was good. It meant that by the time you got to 60 you probably had a unique for every slot but they weren't necessarily all level 60. Uniques are in most cases way better or at least easier to build around than cosmics which could have one or two good rolls and be garbage otherwise. Playing the cosmics game is almost never worth it unless your character just doesn't have a good option as a unique which then begs the question why are you building the character that way.

With Rich as the default I'm highly tempted to buy Nova with splinters now instead of the pack. Having his stash and Sam costume are still tempting me a bit though.

Top Bottom