• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
all i can say is lol and this easily explains why we have the bugs we do

Hey all,

We have been hesitant to comment yet on the Ice Golem issue, because we were quite confused ourselves. Our internal versions always had the snowy aura at a 5 second duration / 10 second cooldown, but when the power shipped, it clearly shipped with 100% uptime. If that was the intended design, we simply would have made it a passive effect. It took some investigation, but we were able to figure out why this happened.

However, we've determined that it wasn't causing any balance or game breaking issues at the uptime it ended up shipping with, so we've decided to support that instead. Pressing a button every 10 seconds isn't very fun though, so we will go ahead and make the mechanic a passive part of Construct Focus. The active will remain to taunt enemies to the golems, but the auras will always be up.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I thought it was a weird buff, that aura doesnt do much tbh

Xevren

Not getting Bloodborne but if any of you want to add me on psn go for it, Xevren11 is my psn. Going to be playing the hell out of MKX when it's out.

Sue's wall power was added today:

TNCPPkv.jpg

Var

If there's any chance this is a game you're gonna be way into, the Mega Pack is absolutely the best value anything they've ever done by a country mile. You know yourself best, so use your best judgement, but I'm saying if you're still gonna be playing this in a few months and you didn't get it, it'd be a bummer imo.

Yeah, I ended up grabbing it when I got home today lol.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Sue's pilar was probably the most useless spell in the game before

I'm so excited for her changes

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Apparently MichaelMayhem confirmed in chat yesterday that Taskmaster will be getting buffed after Hawkeye, Spiderman, and Daredevil get their QoL updates. They want to keep his current style of straight up copying their abilities, so they can't really do anything with him until all the rest of his sources are up to date.

It will probably be like in a year but I can't wait lol

For the Doom FuFo default haters:
The Future Foundation costume will be his default for two reasons:

1) Since it represents his time on the Future Foundation, it clearly shows that he is acting 'heroic' (though, Doom does as Doom pleases).

2) Wherever possible we do not want the default to be the same as the boss. If someone chooses to purchase a green Dr. Doom costume, that's on them, but most Dr. Dooms should stand out from the Doombots you encounter in X-Defense, etc. If I had a time machine, I would make Udon Taskmaster's default to differentiate him from the boss and I would go further back in time to give Eddie Brock a bunch of different costumes in the comics.

This is not going to change, but I figured I'd at least give some insight.

mileS

Any updated guides for new players? I'm used to these style of games (played unreal amounts of Diablo 3) Jumped back into this today. Started with Storm and I will probably buy Venom later tonight. There's so many types of currency and weird systems here I need to learn.

Performance is way better compared to when the game first launched. Loving it so far.

Vecks

For the Doom FuFo default haters:

Wish we got udon taskmaster as the default. Don't care for the default tasky costume.

Any updated guides for new players? I'm used to these style of games (played unreal amounts of Diablo 3) Jumped back into this today. Started with Storm and I will probably buy Venom later tonight. There's so many types of currency and weird systems here I need to learn.

Performance is way better compared to when the game first launched. Loving it so far.

Haven't seen any guides. Everything is pretty straightforward. Just looks pretty daunting to start. For currencies, you can look up the tooltip on each one for an idea of what they are or what they do. If you haven't joined an SG, you can join ours and people there can answer questions if they're around. Just leave your in-game name.

mileS

Wish we got udon taskmaster as the default. Don't care for the default tasky costume.

Haven't seen any guides. Everything is pretty straightforward. Just looks pretty daunting to start. For currencies, you can look up the tooltip on each one for an idea of what they are or what they do. If you haven't joined an SG, you can join ours and people there can answer questions if they're around. Just leave your in-game name.

In game name is Nujah
Do I need to be online to accept the invite?

I intend to hop on after I get off work tomorrow night and pop a ton of boosts that I never use and just play for awhile. I figure I'll get Storm from 43 to 60 pretty quickly like that.

I think I might need a break from this game but I'm not sure how. In a very short time (3 weeks approx) I've taken 7 characters from level 1 to level 60. I'm really burned out. Also I can now tell how useless most everything in the game is. I'm sure if I did raids or ran cosmic, gear would matter. I took Starlord to 60 and never equipt anything on him and with just two powers would beat every daily mission and red terminals. Even soloed Bronx Zoo.

Right now I keep logging in the the daily log in reward and once I do that, I feel the need to atleast do the bare minimum for the event. Then something leads to another and I end up playing another 3 hours and I didn't really mean too. In the back of my head, I feel if I don't do them, I will become hopelessly behind.

There is nothing wrong with Marvel Heroes that needs to change. Its just after 1000+ hours, I see all the strings and limits and I'm not having fun. At least as much fun as I once did.

I do want to return and play new heroes and prestige a few heroes with new costumes. I did get a Thor Destroyer costume drop from MK1 card the other day. I have like 4 Thor costumes I want to run through. I just can't wrap my head around quitting and coming back.

Gothos

I think I might need a break from this game but I'm not sure how. In a very short time (3 weeks approx) I've taken 7 characters from level 1 to level 60. I'm really burned out. Also I can now tell how useless most everything in the game is. I'm sure if I did raids or ran cosmic, gear would matter. I took Starlord to 60 and never equipt anything on him and with just two powers would beat every daily mission and red terminals. Even soloed Bronx Zoo.

Right now I keep logging in the the daily log in reward and once I do that, I feel the need to atleast do the bare minimum for the event. Then something leads to another and I end up playing another 3 hours and I didn't really mean too. In the back of my head, I feel if I don't do them, I will become hopelessly behind.

There is nothing wrong with Marvel Heroes that needs to change. Its just after 1000+ hours, I see all the strings and limits and I'm not having fun. At least as much fun as I once did.

I do want to return and play new heroes and prestige a few heroes with new costumes. I did get a Thor Destroyer costume drop from MK1 card the other day. I have like 4 Thor costumes I want to run through. I just can't wrap my head around quitting and coming back.

Those burned out peridos are quite normal - I usually take 2-3 weeks break every 3-4 months :) As far as events go, remember this: they'll always come back :)

The earliest they will patch is Thursday. Then of course there's the off chance they push it to Friday (which is possible with two characters and other things being crammed into the patch).

Rhaknar

Cable sale

Ryan Penagos ‏@AgentM 10m10 minutes ago
To celebrate 25 years of Cable in our lives, @MMMSociety is rolling out a big sale for the Askani'son! (1/2)

Ryan Penagos ‏@AgentM 9m9 minutes ago
The Cable sale in @MMMSociety starts March 25 at 2:50pm ET. Get all the deets from them. Then, shout "STAB HIS EYES!" while you play! (2/2)

Marvel Heroes 2015 ‏@MMMSociety 4m4 minutes ago
.@soonerjudd @AgentM Yes, his STASH tab is also $2.50!

CA5YlByWUAAxxrz.jpg

Drayco21

Cable sale

Ryan Penagos ‏@AgentM 10m10 minutes ago
To celebrate 25 years of Cable in our lives, @MMMSociety is rolling out a big sale for the Askani'son! (1/2)

Ryan Penagos ‏@AgentM 9m9 minutes ago
The Cable sale in @MMMSociety starts March 25 at 2:50pm ET. Get all the deets from them. Then, shout "STAB HIS EYES!" while you play! (2/2)

Marvel Heroes 2015 ‏@MMMSociety 4m4 minutes ago
.@soonerjudd @AgentM Yes, his STASH tab is also $2.50!

Well... he's not the lamest mutie in this game, this is probably the best time to grab him if you want him. I don't think I'd buy any of the costumes for him though.

I only took him to, like, level 12 when he was one of my first random heroes, before I had the luxury of not having to play as mutants. Thought he was fun, but he could really use that review. Especially since we know he's got Hyper Viper Beams coming.

Drayco21

racist

btw I was disapointed you didnt respond to the bat-signal on the comic thread the other day

HUMAN RIGHTS ARE FOR HUMANS.

I haven't been checking the comic thread regularly since it was moved to community side. I think today is actually the first time I clicked on the thread all month.

Rhaknar

HUMAN RIGHTS ARE FOR HUMANS.

I haven't been checking the comic thread regularly since it was moved to community side. I think today is actually the first time I clicked on the thread all month.

there was Kaine talk the other day, I kept waiting for you to jump from the shadows to save your damnsel in distress

Top Bottom