• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Drayco21

I just don't get how you guys can say things like that about any character while Deadpool exist.

It's funny that you hate on Gambit yet love Kaine who is essentially Spider-man Gambit-ified except worse.

rfLbv.gif

Wow, not sure if it's a bug or something is overtuned, but IW is an absolute beast of a tank right now on the TC. I'm talking stand in cosmic circles and face tank cosmic Kurse without going below 50% HP levels of tankiness.

Edit: The recipes for taking Insignias and Medallions to ilvl 69 are in. Some examples:

13G5NyK.png

ZJFNTk2.png

Insignias hardly gain stats, and I don't have any well rolled ones to show the new upper limits. It's generally about a 10-20% boost to each stat.

Dec

I feel like insignias with +1 powers are going to become more valuable now.

For example I'm seeing insignias go from 1040 crit damage at ilvl 63 to 1150 crit damage at ilvl 69. A +1 powers affix increases in roll by double compared to that.

For example I'm seeing insignias go from 1040 crit damage at ilvl 63 to 1150 crit damage at ilvl 69. A +1 powers affix increases in roll by double compared to that.

I don't think I've ever seen an insignia with a +1 to a power.

Spoit

On the other hand, with all these + power things floating around, some people might be going past 50 points in their key powers. I guess they could just allocate less points

Dec

On the other hand, with all these + power things floating around, some people might be going past 50 points in their key powers. I guess they could just allocate less points

New/reworked heroes for sure, but heroes before like... Thor's rework struggle to hit 50 in many cases. The new uniques are a new tier above the old ones, but maybe in the future when everyone has had their unique review there will be a smaller market for +power insignias.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
New/reworked heroes for sure, but heroes before like... Thor's rework struggle to hit 50 in many cases. The new uniques are a new tier above the old ones, but maybe in the future when everyone has had their unique review there will be a smaller market for +power insignias.

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/comment/2363250#Comment_2363250
This will be addressed in subsequent builds. The intention was never to have the +1 to all skills scale to +2 when considering the randomly rolled affixes on insigs for the very issue mentioned above.

mileS

Can someone explain to me how mini pets work? Apparently they have stats now and can level up? I was told by one person that it picks a random set of stats and they can be rerolled for a price. If i level one up i can use him on all my characters right?

Can someone explain to me how mini pets work? Apparently they have stats now and can level up? I was told by one person that it picks a random set of stats and they can be rerolled for a price. If i level one up i can use him on all my characters right?

Yeah you can use a pet on any hero, they are only account bound not hero bound.

You just donate different levels of items (Green, blue, purple or cosmic) to the pet and it will give a random affix to you once you donate the right amount.

There are a number of different affixes for each level that you can get.

Here is a list of the affixes: https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/132241/cybernetics-affix-results-updated-3-12

Moondrop

Banned
Characters I've Retired Due to Fundamental Changes in Powers that Obliterated Awesomeness Too Great For This World

Squirrel Girl: Reducing her summons from 30 to 15 was too much for me. Of course the damage per hit was raised proportionately, but this is not an equivalent tradeoff. Critical and brutal rating are some of the few stats that Squirrel Girl transfers to her pets, so reducing the number of attacks per second is particularly nerfsome to a character that stacks crit and brut. But also the visual decrease was a huge letdown- she went from an army to a posse.

Black Widow: Changing Rolling Grenades to a DoT was too much for me. Pre-review, it caused direct damage with each grenade hit. While thrown in a cone pattern, the grenades interacted with environmental structures such that you could throw them along a wall and channel the cone into a stream of destruction. Now there is still some direct damage per grenade, but it's dwarfed by the DoT component. While this new version is more effective as part of a rotation, the old one was one of the few skills in the game that demands situational and positional awareness.

Invisible Woman: Removing the Crusher is too much for me. I say "removing" because on the Test build I played, the new version had the exact same function as the current Storm of Spheres only with a Crusher-like skin on top. Any trace of a summon power is gone, and my build with it. I never saw this power as broken like others did, but one obvious interpretation is that it's being removed because the developers can't fix the pathing issues. I wish I could say that I'll try the new Sue with an open mind, but my aforementioned experiences suggest otherwise.

Conclusions: (1) There are significant limitations in summon mechanics.
(2) Reworking powers to fit into cooldown rotations reduces build diversity.

mileS

Yeah you can use a pet on any hero, they are only account bound not hero bound.

You just donate different levels of items (Green, blue, purple or cosmic) to the pet and it will give a random affix to you once you donate the right amount.

There are a number of different affixes for each level that you can get.

Here is a list of the affixes: https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/132241/cybernetics-affix-results-updated-3-12
what about rerolling the stats. Do i just feed it more items basically?

what about rerolling the stats. Do i just feed it more items basically?

Yeah exactly. I think it costs 1000 credits to reroll at the crafter. After that you just have to feed it the required amount of tiered stuff again.

If you get one affix you like you can keep that while rerolling others as you can reroll each affix individually.

Drayco21

Characters I've Retired Due to Fundamental Changes in Powers that Obliterated Awesomeness Too Great For This World

Squirrel Girl: Reducing her summons from 30 to 15 was too much for me. Of course the damage per hit was raised proportionately, but this is not an equivalent tradeoff. Critical and brutal rating are some of the few stats that Squirrel Girl transfers to her pets, so reducing the number of attacks per second is particularly nerfsome to a character that stacks crit and brut. But also the visual decrease was a huge letdown- she went from an army to a posse.

I'm so glad I took Squirrel Girl to 60 before they patched out her army- it was so much dumb fun, I wish they could have found a better solution than reducing the number of squirrels.

Black Widow: Changing Rolling Grenades to a DoT was too much for me. Pre-review, it caused direct damage with each grenade hit. While thrown in a cone pattern, the grenades interacted with environmental structures such that you could throw them along a wall and channel the cone into a stream of destruction. Now there is still some direct damage per grenade, but it's dwarfed by the DoT component. While this new version is more effective as part of a rotation, the old one was one of the few skills in the game that demands situational and positional awareness.

Invisible Woman: Removing the Crusher is too much for me. I say "removing" because on the Test build I played, the new version had the exact same function as the current Storm of Spheres only with a Crusher-like skin on top. Any trace of a summon power is gone, and my build with it. I never saw this power as broken like others did, but one obvious interpretation is that it's being removed because the developers can't fix the pathing issues. I wish I could say that I'll try the new Sue with an open mind, but my aforementioned experiences suggest otherwise.

Regarding Squirrel Girl, it is an equivalent tradeoff. This is a common misconception it seems, but the net outcome of damage over time averages out equally.

Completely agree with your point about Widow though. Adding damage layers was good, but shoving them in where they didn't belong was stupid. Grenades should've stayed a single hit attack for her AoE needs. The animation just doesn't lend itself to fluid single target rotation.

Spoit

Talking about SG, I have her mostly geared out, like 560% summon damage, just need the slot 1, and I'm still not feeling her. Even popping her ult, she couldn't get tasky down to half health before falling like a sack of potatoes

Indignate

Pretty sure her TTK actually went up after that.

But yes I am also salty regardless.

Talking about SG, I have her mostly geared out, like 560% summon damage, just need the slot 1, and I'm still not feeling her. Even popping her ult, she couldn't get tasky down to half health before falling like a sack of potatoes

Are you standing there and trying to tank? Because you shouldn't unless you popped an invul medkit (which usually brings you back to full life). You got to stick and move. The great thing about SG is that you don't have to sit there and spam an ability because your squirrels are your DPS, so you can just drop your layers and summons and just run around if you need to. I have no trouble doing any content in this game with her.

KePoW

Banned

Cosmic Taskmaster terminal?

Mulgrok

My squirrels have nearly 100% chance to brutal strike.... look into gear and omegas.

Indignate

Gaz, just let me walk through every chest, I don't understand.

Or maybe just don't have those stupid chest drop anymore. It's not like there's good stuff in them.

Moondrop

Banned
Let me clarify about Squirrel Girl- what I'm talking about is the opportunity cost of gearing. Critical hits rely on variance. She now performs fewer hits per unit time, thus taking relatively less advantage of critical and brutal rating than before. Indeed, they can rejigger the base summon damage numbers to make Squirrel Girl's TTK half that of what it was before on a single target dummy or Cosmic Kurse. But crit and brutal gear is relatively less valuable than it was before, and the only offensive option to replace it is summon damage, which doesn't help your own attacks. Regardless, this is a minor point and obviously Squirrel Girl wasn't nerfed in high-end effectiveness, which is all that seems to matter now.

Let me clarify about Squirrel Girl- what I'm talking about is the opportunity cost of gearing. Critical hits rely on variance. She now performs fewer hits per unit time, thus taking relatively less advantage of critical and brutal rating than before. Indeed, they can rejigger the base summon damage numbers to make Squirrel Girl's TTK half that of what it was before on a single target dummy or Cosmic Kurse. But crit and brutal gear is relatively less valuable than it was before, and the only offensive option to replace it is summon damage, which doesn't help your own attacks. Regardless, this is a minor point and obviously Squirrel Girl wasn't nerfed in high-end effectiveness, which is all that seems to matter now.

Not sure what makes you think having less attacks means less benefit from crit/brut. You crit/brut half as often but for twice as hard. It's all equal in the end. You are deriving the exact same benefit as before from those stats point for point.

Moondrop

Banned
Not sure what makes you think having less attacks means less benefit from crit/brut. You crit/brut half as often but for twice as hard. It's all equal in the end. You are deriving the exact same benefit as before from those stats point for point.
Having fewer attacks per unit time means a greater total duration until a high variance (i.e. crit/brut) build achieves a sufficient sample size of attacks to reach a stable average total, everything else being equal. Perhaps this doesn't matter in practice in this situation however.

So the past few days went like this...

Wednesday: Taking a long break from MHO, just logging in for the daily.
Thursday: Taking a long break from MHO, just logging in for the daily.
Friday: Taking a long break from MHO, just logging in for the daily but since I'm here, just the daily event quest
Saturday: Same as Friday
Sunday: Oops, took Nightcrawler from 1 to 60.

The first step is admitting you have a problem, right?

KePoW

Banned
So the past few days went like this...

Wednesday: Taking a long break from MO, just logging in for the daily.
Thursday: Taking a long break from MO, just logging in for the daily.
Friday: Taking a long break from MO, just logging in for the daily but since I'm here, just the daily event quest
Saturday: Same as Friday
Sunday: Oops, took Nightcrawler from 1 to 60.

The first step is admitting you have a problem, right?

lol just curious what does MO stand for in your mind?

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
not sure if posted but on the tc you had to unlock your way into the cosmic patrols

- 5000 mobs
- 50 boss
- 50 civilians (can't do it in group, you have to save them yourself)

for each of your hero's

my point i have is how do those requirements make you ready for the cosmic patrols like theres no correlation

This cosmic patrols requirements just come off as stupid to me.

I can maybe see doing it once for your whole account but once per hero!? No thanks to that.

Edit: It's not retroactive right?

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
patch is huge 3.3gb i expect a huge data mine soon

NEW HERO: SHE-HULK

HERO CHANGES
Invisible Woman Update

Invisible Woman has received an update to her overall kit, and one new power: Wall of Force.

This update is intended as a solid pass on her powers to make her more powerful and more satisfying to play as opposed to a complete rework.

PASSIVE POWERS

Combat Force Fields - Merged with Invisible Combat, except for the damage over time proc, which has become its own dedicated power that takes the place of Combat Force Fields.

Invisible Combat - Gains affixes based on former Combat Force Fields - new affixes will include Damage Rating, Damage Rating vs Unaware, Critical Rating, and a stacking damage multiplier for a duration when spending Focus. The active power Conceal Allies has been merged into Invisible Combat, with the former toggled effect of Invisible Combat migrating to Personal Force Field. The toggled effect no longer costs spirit. This solidifies Invisible Combat as a powerful offensive passive/active.

Personal Force Field - Gains the Defense Rating and the toggled effect from the former Invisible Combat, and now creates a shield against damage when spending Focus. Automatic invisibility threshold increased to 30% maximum health. Passively applies the Toughness team buff when Invisible Woman spends focus (Toughness is no longer applied in Shield Dome). This solidifies the power as a strictly defensive passive.

ACTIVE POWERS

Focus Secondary Resource - Focus restoration increased, restores a pip every 10 seconds (down from 11). Focus spending removed from all but two powers, making spending Focus a clear choice among builds.

Suffocate - New power - Sue immobilizes enemies in an area with a force bubble for a short duration, and places a smaller bubble on enemy's heads that causes damage over time for a long duration. This power replaces Combat Force Field’s damage over time effect.

Storm of Spheres
- Duration increased to 8 seconds. Area now applies Slow and Vulnerability. Maximum Storms active at once raised to two, and this information is now displayed on the tooltip. Animation time reduced.

Quantum Compression
- Now fully restores Invisible Woman’s Focus on activation. Spirit cost removed. Area of effect radius increased to better match visual area.

Cascading Force - Vulnerability removed in favor of slow, and the power knocks back enemies on the initial cast, making this a more utility-oriented area clearing power and not mandatory for single target rotations. Spirit cost reduced to 15/sec.

Crusher - Power now summons all three Crushers at once, with a shorter duration and higher cooldown, with significantly higher damage. The power is longer be treated like a summon - it will gain all stats from Invisible Woman. The AI should now react faster to enemies and be generally smarter about wandering to and from foes. Animation time reduced.

Resonating Wave - Area of effect increased to be more forgiving for a ranged character. The cooldown, spirit restoration, and increased damage now only trigger when used while invisible, allowing the power to be used either as a powerful layer or as a spammable area of effect attack. Power now causes Weaken.

Invisibility - Now restores health while invisible. Duration increased to 3 seconds. Cooldown removed, but each activation will extend the duration by 3 seconds, so players can’t accidentally overwrite some of the duration of their previous invisibility. Invisibility now frees Sue of Crowd Control effects.

Seeker Orbs - Power no longer breaks stealth, and now spends Focus. Cooldown and Endurance cost removed. Radius of each Seeker Orb impact doubled, making them a bit better at clearing groups in addition to hitting single targets. Additionally, Seeker Orb activations will restore Spirit, giving an animation-free, ranged alternative to using Resonating Wave to restore large amounts of spirit quickly.

Conceal Allies - Removed, merged into Invisible Combat.

Shield Blitz - Projectile Deflection buff has been removed in favor of reflecting all projectiles while travelling. Projectile Deflection of Personal Force Field has been increased to compensate. Travel speed increased slightly.

Crushing Force - Knockdown and Weaken removed in favor of dealing bonus damage to slowed targets. Also now deals bonus damage to targets in the center of the impact area. This will provide Invisible Woman builds with an alternative primary spender to Crashing Wave Style. Spirit cost reduced to 15.

Crashing Wave Style - Rather than dealing bonus damage on the third strike, power now always deals 50% more damage for a duration after Sue uses Invisibility. The original damage affix hasn’t been as fluid as originally intended, so we wanted to incorporate something more simple and core to her kit. Range of the projectile and projectile speed have been increased 25%.

Wall of Force - New power - Sue raises a force wall, capable of deflecting projectiles and blocking enemy pathing.

Force Pillar - Since the Force Wall will provide the blocking mechanics found in the Pillar, this has been changed into a damage power, which also applies a Vulnerability effect that makes targets struck take an additional 50% damage from Crushing Force and Cascading Force. This way, Force Pillar can provide alternatives to Crashing Wave Style as a primary spender.

Shield Dome - The Toughness team buff has been replaced with a new type of team support affix that shields allies from damage and restores health in a noticeable fashion. Players can only be affected by one source of this powerful affix in a given duration, like team invisibility powers. Power no longer prevents crowd control. Rather than reflecting some projectiles, the Shield Dome now heavily slows the trajectory of projectiles, as well as enemies who enter the area. On the initial cast, the Dome will knock back any nearby enemies.

Ultimate
- Now grants Unbreakable to Sue and her teammates, and doubles her Focus regeneration rate for the duration.

EVENT: COSMIC EVENT RETURNS
Cosmic Bosses Drop Double Loot - All cosmic Terminal bosses, every time.

Cosmic Questions Answered - 42% server-side multiplicative boost to Rare Item Find, Special Item Find and Experience for all your heroes.

Cosmic Prestige Doubled - Doubled leveling rate for Cosmic Prestige during Cosmic Chaos week.

Cosmic Chaos Supplier: Moondragon - An honorary member of the Guardians of the Galaxy and daughter of Drax the Destroyer, Moondragon is no stranger to cosmic chaos. During the Cosmic Chaos event, Moondragon will exchange Cosmic Worldstones for a variety of items, including a gifted (bound to your account) Doop rune that can be purchased for 500 Cosmic Worldstones.

The Doop rune has an increased chance of dropping from all Doops during the Cosmic Chaos event.

GAME MODES: COSMIC MIDTOWN PATROL AND INDUSTRY CITY PATROL

Two brand new, highly challenging versions of Midtown Patrol and Industry City Patrol are now available! These zones are very difficult and are intended for very well geared heroes only - teamwork is a must, bring your friends!

We are working on a few possible ways to bar entry per hero with a ‘test’ - more on that later.

COSTUME CHANGES

Captain America The Winter Soldier costume now features his unique ‘S.T.R.I.K.E.’ shield, straight from the film. This shield will appear in all of Cap’s powers, including Shield Toss, Shield Bounce, and of course his melee abilities.

MISSION CHANGES
The Raft has been retrofitted to give a more exciting experience for new players!

The opening of the game now has voice over from Maria Hill!

Note: If you see flashing red lights in Avengers Tower, be sure to head to the Raft (after speaking to Maria Hill) and fully complete all objectives.)

UI CHANGES
Magneto now has a custom new resource bar for Debris.

ITEM CHANGES
Midtown Madness, Industry City Reward Boxes, and Odin’s Bounty Chests now may now be opened much quicker. Their cooldown has been lowered from 2 seconds to a half a second.

BUG FIXES
Gifted Team-Up Gear will no longer drop from Reliquaries of Rarity.

Juggernaut's Heavy Punch has been changed to its intended name: Knuckle Sandwich.

Thor's God Blast now correctly displays the cooldown in the tooltip.

Raid loot cooldowns have been adjusted to reflect Daylight Savings in North America.

Iceman’s Ice Golems will no longer follow the player too closely.

Fixed some issues which would cause a hero to roll or dash in place.

KNOWN ISSUES

Iceman’s Construct Focus has a 10 second cooldown with a 5 second update. In the patch later this week, this will be made completely passive.

IN DEVELOPMENT

Here are a few of the main items near the top of the development pipeline:

Onslaught Raid (public beta testing)

Genosha Liberation Force mini-hub (alpha / beta testing)

Ultron Game Mode (alpha testing)

Achievement System (alpha testing) (4 - 6 weeks)

Team-Up System 2.0 (alpha testing)

Vision - Playable Hero (in development)

Quicksilver - Team-Up Hero (in development)

Scarlet Witch - Level 52 Review (in development)

Dr. Doom - Playable Hero (in early development)

The remaining Level 52 reviews! (in early development)

Several other Team-Up Heroes! (in early development)

Updated A.R.M.O.R. Incursion Event (in development)

Danger Room game mode (in development)

Unified Story Mode (in early development)

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
lol they didnt even give everyone a free respec for sue

Top Bottom