• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

For crying out loud...WHEN'S IRON FIST?

Been a loooong ass time since I beta-ed this thing. Still not in? He's only had several of his own series and been in the Avengers for a decade and made an appearance in UMVC3, Spiderman Friend or Foe, and even friggin' Maximum Carnage way back on the Genesis. Just put him in already!

Think he's currently scheduled to come at the end of the year. I guess he could be moved up but it's doubtful.

You should be happy though, at least he's been confirmed and is coming soon. I can't even get any info on a costume I want that should have been in at release, never mind a full hero.

Been a loooong ass time since I beta-ed this thing. Still not in? He's only had several of his own series and been in the Avengers for a decade and made an appearance in UMVC3, Spiderman Friend or Foe, and even friggin' Maximum Carnage way back on the Genesis. Just put him in already!

He was confirmed months ago to be released in the second half of the year. There were hints he might even be the last hero released.

Ploid 3.0

After She Hulk Combo system Cage, I'd want them to think long and hard about making Iron Fist awesome. Imagine if they got him out the door just to get him out the door. Slap Dare Devil mechanics on him and you end up hoping they make him less squishy and do ok damage without locked frames that get interrupted by a thrown pebble.

Moondrop

Banned
So lonely without Iron Fist. Just not a game...
If like me you plan to devote yourself completely to an unreleased character, there's still a million things to do in game to prepare your account to truly glorify that character. Gear, omegas, pets, synergies...

KePoW

Banned
After She Hulk Combo system Cage, I'd want them to think long and hard about making Iron Fist awesome. Imagine if they got him out the door just to get him out the door. Slap Dare Devil mechanics on him and you end up hoping they make him less squishy and do ok damage without locked frames that get interrupted by a thrown pebble.

I'm pretty sure Iron Fist will be exactly like Daredevil. Maybe with summons like Luke Cage

I'd be fine with that, because I like combo point classes in RPGs. Why do all of yall hate them???

Altairre

I think Cosmic Midtown is a step in the right direction, i.e. away from the all-DPS meta. So much of this game has become so faceroll easy that you don't even bother with the game's mechanics. For example this mode may actually make crowd control skills relevant again, as stunning a pack of mobs first can save your life. And applying weakness too could make a comeback.

Except that it's not the case with a well geared group. Yeah, people might die every now and then but it takes a few seconds to get back up to the bosses and go back into faceroll mode. It doesn't matter if you die (if you're not terribly undergeared and die every 5 seconds). Sure you have to avoid the big indicators (if possible in all the mess of effects) but I think just cranking up the damage and health in all modes is not a good way to go. Even if you spec a more defensive char, all that means is you'll take even longer to take down the bosses and it seems like the rewards aren't all that. In the end I take down cosmic terminal bosses way faster and there I can concentrate on the one I want to farm. Again, the only ones it might be worth it for are the one shot boss artifacts. I just don't see how those modes are fun.

KePoW

Banned
Except that it's not the case with a well geared group. Yeah, people might die every now and then but it takes a few seconds to get back up to the bosses and go back into faceroll mode. It doesn't matter if you die (if you're not terribly undergeared and die every 5 seconds)

Well then the issue is there's no death penalty in MH. Not really that there's something wrong with cosmic Midtown

From what I recall of original Diablo 3 Inferno, players would actively try to avoid death which definitely changes how you play and your mentality. (I believe at launch there was a hefty hit to item durability, so constantly dying in Inferno actually meant you would lose a ton of money)

There's been a longstanding discussion about if MH should have meaningful death penalties. I've always been on the side of yes. But I come from playing Everquest 1 where you could literally lose everything if you die and don't retrieve your corpse

You die more in the cosmic patrols than red raids, things dont even one shot in patrols it's just fuck load of dmg from all angles n u cannot counter unless yiu have n invulnerable core which is complete bullshit I hate when you have to rely on one specific thing to survive it basically mmakes building rest of hero redundant,

I think Cosmic Midtown is a step in the right direction, i.e. away from the all-DPS meta. So much of this game has become so faceroll easy that you don't even bother with the game's mechanics. For example this mode may actually make crowd control skills relevant again, as stunning a pack of mobs first can save your life. And applying weakness too could make a comeback.

Agreed with Moondrop. I took Cyclops, Silver Surfer, Nova and Dr. Strange through MM and none had invunerability cores or are post-red raid geared. Had fun and didn't die a lot (expect with Nova, mainly because he's a melee that gets stuck a lot) even if I get hit with 500ms+ latency there.

Even killed a Batroc alone, took a sweet time though, some ICP bosses have a loooot of health. Powers felt useful. Vortexes, didn't one shot so I was applying them with care, doing crashdowns only after they got pulled and stunning major area hits like Mags' doom-dome.

People can certainly re-adapt to this "too game-like" playstyle, but there's quite a sizeable amount of complaints in the forum so it's a bit sad.

Declarius said "it's still Midtown" in the chat, and with that I agree, but dunno if for the same reasons. The goals of Midttown are paperthin so it's just a purposeless fast repetition/rotation. It's a hard situation to fix when fast reward is the must-have goal, but they at least tried with ICP.
But yeah, this is a loot machine sim.

Dec

I don't think Iron Fist will be a combo hero.

Cosmic MM is easy as shit, it may make people slot 1 of their dps oriented artifacts as something with health, but not much more than that. CC spells are still worthless due to the diminishing returns and weaken is probably in the regular kit of at least one hero in the zone.

The worst thing about cosmic midtown is that it is midtown. It is a never ending mode where you just wander around killing the same bosses over and over and standing there waiting doing nothing when someone who doesn't drop anything isn't up.

There's also the problem of 99% of the players in this game being just fucking terrible. They scale up the bosses making it unpredictable. Sometimes I can face tank manapes spears and leap, sometimes I can't. It depends how many idiots are near just standing there basic attacking because they get the same loot as everyone else.

There's also a lot of animation issues where they are delayed or the bosses slide across the ground, not seeing man apes leap etc. Or man apes spear indicator just staying there after he throws one.

When they add private midtown instances, this might be enjoyable once in a while. Until then I'm still waiting for Danger Room when it comes to challenge.

There's been a longstanding discussion about if MH should have meaningful death penalties. I've always been on the side of yes. But I come from playing Everquest 1 where you could literally lose everything if you die and don't retrieve your corpse

I find it strange that you bring this up yet do the easiest content in the game a million times (legendary quests).

Also the death penalty in cosmic midtown is having to dash across that piece of shit if you die (and aren't in a party).

KePoW

Banned
Cosmic MM is easy as shit, it may make people slot 1 of their dps oriented artifacts as something with health, but not much more than that. CC spells are still worthless due to the diminishing returns and weaken is probably in the regular kit of at least one hero in the zone.

The worst thing about cosmic midtown is that it is midtown. It is a never ending mode where you just wander around killing the same bosses over and over and standing there waiting doing nothing when someone who doesn't drop anything isn't up.

There's also the problem of 99% of the players in this game being just fucking terrible. They scale up the bosses making it unpredictable. Sometimes I can face tank manapes spears and leap, sometimes I can't. It depends how many idiots are near just standing there basic attacking because they get the same loot as everyone else

Well this is the thing, I have no doubt cosmic Midtown is easy for your character. But I saw plenty of players die in it during the couple hours I played yesterday

I find it strange that you bring this up yet do the easiest content in the game a million times (legendary quests)

this is true, that's because leveling characters is the most fun activity to me in MH. well let me re-phrase, I much prefer leveling as an activity vs farming (neither one has anything to do with difficulty, it's just personal preference on activity type)

I actually love the current red raid when there's no bugs, it's just that I can never find groups for it

Also the death penalty in cosmic midtown is having to dash across that piece of shit if you die (and aren't in a party).

Right but that's no death penalty in other words. I'm talking major XP loss or major gold loss or EQ1 style

Dec

Right but that's no death penalty in other words. I'm talking major XP loss or major gold loss or EQ1 style

Sure it is. The game is about farming items efficiently, that is a waste of time. There is even the potential for you to not get loot if you die at a bad time during the fight.

What exactly are you hoping for? Armor durability? Losing your items makes no sense. XP loss sure, but I'm omega capped, I don't even pick up xp orbs.

Sure it is. The game is about farming items efficiently, that is a waste of time. There is even the potential for you to not get loot if you die at a bad time during the fight.

What exactly are you hoping for? Armor durability? Losing your items makes no sense. XP loss sure, but I'm omega capped, I don't even pick up xp orbs.

Omega point loss!

Indignate

If you die, then that character dies and gets replaced by whoever canonically did so in the comics unless nobody ever did then RIP that character.

this is true, that's because leveling characters is the most fun activity to me in MH. well let me re-phrase, I much prefer leveling as an activity vs farming (neither one has anything to do with difficulty, it's just personal preference on activity type)

I actually love the current red raid when there's no bugs, it's just that I can never find groups for it

Yeah leveling (and globetrotting for LQs) is way more fun to me than facenumbing yourself to death with cosmic Taskmaster. I farmed omegas this weekend and had to constantly change characters/terminals to keep sane.
Executing stuff right (and dying when not) is the part I care about the game, having the best numbers possible is not. Because with the second, if you take to long to get something, you get bored and leave, so the way to fix it is to make that 'fix' quicker.
So in that state, if they added any meaningful penalty or risk, it would probably scare away their investing base, because one year in, it's clear they are in for the loot number in the long haul.

One suggestion would be a logarithmic scale reducing your stats for one hour or so in some modes. They had (have?) XP decrease on death already.
Die once: 1% stat decrease, twice: 3%, thrice: 9% and so on.
That would "force" changing characters as well.

KePoW

Banned

But I would guess a lot of MH players, if not majority of the entire casual player base, do not play the game for max efficiency farming. So they wouldn't care about the time of running back. Even for me who plays much more than the average casual player, I do not care if I happen to miss a boss in Midtown

As for death penalty ideas, I'm too lazy to type up a long analysis so how about a very simple example. What about launch Diablo 3 Inferno?? You lose a ton of money if you constantly die and won't be able to repair/use your gear. So it's not that you permanently lose your gear like EQ1, that would be too hardcore for players nowdays. But definitely still a stiff penalty which makes you avoid dying as much as possible

Yeah leveling (and globetrotting for LQs) is way more fun to me than facenumbing yourself to death with cosmic Taskmaster. I farmed omegas this weekend and had to constantly change characters/terminals to keep sane.
Executing stuff right (and dying when not) is the part I care about the game, having the best numbers possible is not. Because with the second, if you take to long to get something, you get bored and leave, so the way to fix it is to make that 'fix' quicker

Yeah same with me. I literally cannot farm the same identical terminal boss for more than like 15 minutes without starting to go krazy and very irritated

lmao I love how you constantly make these drive-by posts every other month, but never really check back to see the answers.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Danny is a girl's name anyway

:3

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
It should also be noted that
the six infinity gems as items have also been found.
Could just be something for fun, if not a full release.

There's no way that is a full release. Hell, I'm so convinced that it's not, if it is, I'll let you buy him for me Frost

Wasn't
Doom kept prisoner by him?

Also, looking at the text of the article with the datamining, the
infinity gems are apparently items that go into his costume

That said, it might not be a release right now. Perhaps that's just some groundwork to introduce stuff later on?

Or maybe they just put it in there for fun so that it would be datamined and we would all fall for it thinking it's actually something. Blizzard level trolls here.

In true April Fools spirit. Would be a huge shame tho.

has he ever been good tho in comix??

Yes. While he has an unhealthy obsession with Death (as in, the entity Death), he has worked on the good side before.
He has been part of Adam Warlock's Infinity Watch, and he also has infiltrated the Annihilation Wave by pretending to be their ally, while trying to destroy them from within. Drax however took him out before he could succeed stopping Annihilus.

KePoW

Banned
Yes. While he has an unhealthy obsession with Death (as in, the entity Death), he has worked on the good side before.
He has been part of Adam Warlock's Infinity Watch, and he also has infiltrated the Annihilation Wave by pretending to be their ally, while trying to destroy them from within. Drax however took him out before he could succeed stopping Annihilus.

ok got it, might be kool then

Rhaknar

Should have used super skrull, at least that could be somewhat believable if we assumed they used F4 powers as base, like Tasky

Rhaknar

If there was something for April 1st we would know by now right? last year it was hyped well before April 1st if I remember correctly

Rhaknar

Just like everything else April 1st happens a week later for Gaz.

death-of-captain-america.jpg

Top Bottom