• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
haha I'm curious how many respec potions do yall have? I literally have 230

thats beside the point.

she had a skill removed for ffs and they still didnt offer a free respec this is something they have done for every hero who recieves big chnages

This was an oversight. We'll grant a respec in the patch later this week.

lmao they are so fucking inept

KePoW

Banned
yeah I'm just wondering how many everyone has

I think they give one out every two days on the Login thing

oh I didn't even know the patch is actually Live, I thought they were still working on TC changes

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
monday patch? thats a first (at least for a big patch)

Midtown Madness, Industry City Reward Boxes, and Odin’s Bounty Chests now may now be opened much quicker. Their cooldown has been lowered from 2 seconds to a half a second.

I like how they do this after Big 10.

Iceman’s Ice Golems will no longer follow the player too closely.

This is odd. I find they don't follow closely enough. When I'm flying through a terminal they get stuck on walls or gaps in the terrain and I have to move around a bunch to get them to reposition. Their AI needs to also be set to attack the player's target.

Iceman’s Construct Focus has a 10 second cooldown with a 5 second update. In the patch later this week, this will be made completely passive.

So they decided this isn't how they were going to change the power, but instead of reverting it till the proper fix was implemented, they keep the improper one? Cool.

Indignate

not sure if posted but on the tc you had to unlock your way into the cosmic patrols

- 5000 mobs
- 50 boss
- 50 civilians (can't do it in group, you have to save them yourself)

for each of your hero's

my point i have is how do those requirements make you ready for the cosmic patrols like theres no correlation

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck you

Not you specifically Queen but the devs.

Was this thing actually implemented?

not sure if posted but on the tc you had to unlock your way into the cosmic patrols

- 5000 mobs
- 50 boss

for each of your hero's

my point i have is how do those requirements make you ready for the cosmic patrols like theres no correlation

Just to make sure I'm clear, it unlocks for each hero as the player unlocks them? Like if I do this for the Hulk, its unlocked for the Hulk but no other hero, correct?

Moondrop

Banned
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck you

Not you specifically Queen but the devs.

Was this thing actually implemented?
I can't verify, but the patch notes say "We are working on a few possible ways to bar entry per hero with a ‘test’ - more on that later."

But let me defend the principle for a moment. If these zones are truly geared toward red raid ready characters, then over 90% of players' level 60s will be wrecked and/or won't be able to bring down the bosses. So what if everyone is allowed to enter as if it were normal midtown and most people aren't contributing at all but still there for the rewards? That would likely cause some serious community backlash.

However the bar of entry cited by Queen indeed has no correlation, so whatever.

Indignate

I can't verify, but the patch notes say "We are working on a few possible ways to bar entry per hero with a ‘test’ - more on that later."

But let me defend the principle for a moment. If these zones are truly geared toward red raid ready characters, then over 90% of players' level 60s will be wrecked and/or won't be able to bring down the bosses. So what if everyone is allowed to enter as if it were normal midtown and most people aren't contributing at all but still there for the rewards? That would likely cause some serious community backlash.

Then the test shouldn't be something as simple (and annoying) as killing a ton of mobs and bosses. If they really want to vet players, then lock it behind a raid completion (which will piss more people off).

There's nothing stopping anyone from queuing up for a Red besides the community, so let the community do it here as well by just forming parties beforehand and anyone who wants to solo queue into takes the risk of having people just mooching for the rewards (and probably won't be able to complete anything anyways).

mileS

Gonna level Cyclops next for the XP buff. Not sure what costume to get. Stuck between the 90s costume and Age of Apocalypse.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Chat is like 10 minutes delayed, the new text is awful and the game boots me every 20 minutes :(((

no shit that was a bug on tc for weeks and they done fuck all to fix it and why no one has tested the raid.

literally every raid thread for feedback no one was posting in

Drayco21

COSTUME CHANGES[/B]
Captain America The Winter Soldier costume now features his unique ‘S.T.R.I.K.E.’ shield, straight from the film. This shield will appear in all of Cap’s powers, including Shield Toss, Shield Bounce, and of course his melee abilities.

Awesome! I was actually a little disappointed when I bought this that it didn't come with the Lemurian Star stealth shield- glad they've actually updated it.

Wait, how were you able to skip in it? Sad I didn't know about this.

Teleporting down to the end after the second boss. This change doesn't even change anything about how people play the terminal. Teleporters will only be more useful for getting to the end. It'll just take more teleports. Unnecessary change.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Teleporting down to the end after the second boss. This change doesn't even change anything about how people play the terminal. Teleporters will only be more useful for getting to the end. It'll just take more teleports. Unnecessary change.

Yeah this is a point-missing Destiny level change that makes no sense. Good job, a thing people will do anyway is just gonna take longer now, GG.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

- 5000 mobs
- 50 boss

for each of your hero's

im late but just noticed this, I have one thing to say

LOL

please tell me this didnt go live. and for each hero too? haha

Rhaknar

You all got your panties ruffled when Queen posted pictures of herself, but I just found out something to truly be excited for about Queen

She watches wrestling :3

You all got your panties ruffled when Queen posted pictures of herself, but I just found out something to truly be excited for about Queen

She watches wrestling :3
Ha!

I've actually noticed a number of MH-GAF posting in HoF / WM threads over the weekend.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
wrestling is America's anime

disgusting garbage

I was hyped for Shulk but leveling her I'm a lot cooler on her. I don't like combo point heroes in general, it's just not my speed. Don't wanna look at a damn bar.

Rhaknar

wrestling is America's anime

disgusting garbage

I was hyped for Shulk but leveling her I'm a lot cooler on her. I don't like combo point heroes in general, it's just not my speed. Don't wanna look at a damn bar.

I love Daredevil and Cage, safe to say I'll enjoy her?

Drayco21

I'd be surprised if there weren't a bunch of MarvelGAF members who are also into wrestling; the WWE may as well be live action superhero comics.

Secret Wars 2015 has me looking at this game really hard. I'd be awesome if it had controller support. Is it best just to put down some money at the start to get a character you like to play through the story?

Secret Wars 2015 has me looking at this game really hard. I'd be awesome if it had controller support. Is it best just to put down some money at the start to get a character you like to play through the story?

I believe you get enough currency on your second day of login to buy one of a pretty large selection of heroes and that currency drops at a regular interval so unlocking new heroes is actually pretty quick. I didn't spend a dime until I'd already leveled up 3 or 4 characters. It's worth waiting for sales events if you want to spend money though.

Altairre

So I'm not a fan of the new cosmic modes at all. Now my problem isn't that it's too hard, it's just boring as fuck.

After a little bit of adjusting I was doing fine, except for the occasional offscreen kill attack and the "oh-god-I-can't-see-anyting-what-is-happening-I'm-dead" death in the larger boss waves but I don't feel like Midtown was designed for that kind of difficulty. There are no new mechanics, they just cranked the numbers way up. So now it just takes longer to bring down the health bars and from what I've experienced it's just now worth it to fight trashmobs outside of bosswaves.

Then, as I've mentioned, there is just way too much shit going on sometimes. Our group had on wave where two of the extra bosses were drawn into one of the waves with six bosses so we were fighting eight at once. It was a huge clusterfuck, everybody was dying left and right but as we know death doesn't mean shit so we killed them all anyway. After four incredibly tedious hours we stopped. Only one boss specific artifact dropped for one of the group (gotk), nothing for me (which again, would be fine if it had been a fun time). I got a bunch of uniques but guess what, at that point uniques don't matter anymore (excpet for boss specific ones which didn't drop at all).

I'm sure it's more efficient to farm the one shot bosses in cosmic midtown/icp but I don't need them so bad that I'm willing to grind it out for however long it takes and I bet the drops are even going to get nerfed in the future (they already said so for HoD).

I'm going to see what happens in the future but as it stands I'm going to stick to the cosmics because I actually have fun going through those.

DrBo42

So I'm not a fan of the new cosmic modes at all. Now my problem isn't that it's too hard, it's just boring as fuck.

After a little bit of adjusting I was doing fine, except for the occasional offscreen kill attack and the "oh-god-I-can't-see-anyting-what-is-happening-I'm-dead" death in the larger boss waves but I don't feel like Midtown was designed for that kind of difficulty. There are no new mechanics, they just cranked the numbers way up. So now it just takes longer to bring down the health bars and from what I've experienced it's just now worth it to fight trashmobs outside of bosswaves.

Then, as I've mentioned, there is just way too much shit going on sometimes. Our group had on wave where two of the extra bosses were drawn into one of the waves with six bosses so we were fighting eight at once. It was a huge clusterfuck, everybody was dying left and right but as we know death doesn't mean shit so we killed them all anyway. After four incredibly tedious hours we stopped. Only one boss specific artifact dropped for one of the group (gotk), nothing for me (which again, would be fine if it had been a fun time). I got a bunch of uniques but guess what, at that point uniques don't matter anymore (excpet for boss specific ones which didn't drop at all).

I'm sure it's more efficient to farm the one shot bosses in cosmic midtown/icp but I don't need them so bad that I'm willing to grind it out for however long it takes and I bet the drops are even going to get nerfed in the future (they already said so for HoD).

I'm going to see what happens in the future but as it stands I'm going to stick to the cosmics because I actually have fun going through those.

Literally exactly what I imagined the mode to be. Gaz really needs to step up their content. Can't just up the difficulty of all the modes we've been playing for a year and call it a day.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
You die more in the cosmic patrols than red raids, things dont even one shot in patrols it's just fuck load of dmg from all angles n u cannot counter unless yiu have n invulnerable core which is complete bullshit I hate when you have to rely on one specific thing to survive it basically mmakes building rest of hero redundant,

I'm actually really not feeling this game much anymore it's either getting one shot or like these new patrols just to much shit with no escape, I hate when devs just scale up dmg n hp for difficulty it's a cheap route because they have no clue what else to do.

I'll give this game till the vision patch if I dont see much change n vision turns out shit like the heroes so far this year then I'll probs call it quits, achievements aren't gonna bring much to table just makes me feel I've wasted 700 hours grinding n these are just for things we already do but will only be tracked once they hit live

Ploid 3.0

I'd be surprised if there weren't a bunch of MarvelGAF members who are also into wrestling; the WWE may as well be live action superhero comics.

Hah, the Marvel Heroes streamer I sometime watch talks a bout wrestling frequently (Degen). I haven't watched wrestling for a long time. When I did it was fun, and I get nostalgic over old WCW vids. Good times, when I thought it was 100% real, though I don't think what they do is easy at all.

Can't believe I believed in Ultimate Warrior.

Rhaknar

You die more in the cosmic patrols than red raids, things dont even one shot in patrols it's just fuck load of dmg from all angles n u cannot counter unless yiu have n invulnerable core which is complete bullshit I hate when you have to rely on one specific thing to survive it basically mmakes building rest of hero redundant,

sounds like old times limbo lol

robgrab

I have a question about Team Up Characters and Pets. From what I understand they can either actively fight with you OR offer you passive abilities if they're not fighting with you. I currently have Spiderman and Drax unlocked as Team Up Characters but which Team Up Character offers the best passive abilities? I have plenty of Odin Marks to spend on a new Team Up if there's someone better. I also prefer to play ranged characters so I don't care as much about melee buffs.

sounds like old times limbo lol

That's exactly what these zones feel like. Buncha idiots running around causing the objective to either be failed or take an eternity.

I have a question about Team Up Characters and Pets. From what I understand they can either actively fight with you OR offer you passive abilities if they're not fighting with you. I currently have Spiderman and Drax unlocked as Team Up Characters but which Team Up Character offers the best passive abilities? I have plenty of Odin Marks to spend on a new Team Up if there's someone better. I also prefer to play ranged characters so I don't care as much about melee buffs.

If you want to play a ranged character, get Firestar or Domino.

Moondrop

Banned
I think Cosmic Midtown is a step in the right direction, i.e. away from the all-DPS meta. So much of this game has become so faceroll easy that you don't even bother with the game's mechanics. For example this mode may actually make crowd control skills relevant again, as stunning a pack of mobs first can save your life. And applying weakness too could make a comeback.

KePoW

Banned
I think Cosmic Midtown is a step in the right direction, i.e. away from the all-DPS meta. So much of this game has become so faceroll easy that you don't even bother with the game's mechanics. For example this mode may actually make crowd control skills relevant again, as stunning a pack of mobs first can save your life. And applying weakness too could make a comeback.

I agree with this, but we're probably in the minority

I love MMOs or MP Coop games where it's hard and players die. Like u said, I don't understand why someone likes automatic faceroll in games like this

As examples of things I liked:

-- original Rhino / Juggernaut in Midtown, one shot kills
-- This was one of the funniest things in MH, I loved seeing players get killed left and right by this. Worst change gaz ever made was nerfing both aspects... guaranteed death by getting hit, and also making a huge giant red arrow as indicator. I loved no indicator because it really kept you on your toes, and it was so amusing to watch players who didn't pay attention

-- original Diablo 3 Inferno difficulty
-- For those of you who played this at launch, I really hated that they nerfed Inferno later on. I loved watching friends and party members get killed constantly. Again it really changed how you played & prepared. One thing I would always do... I loved scouting ahead and leading friends to those deadly Champ packs with crazy modifiers, then call for help. It was freakin hilarious to see the ensuing chaos, and I would also try to pull more mobs as well. Funny as heck

-- cosmic Midtown
-- So last night I grouped with Amir and GruntOfAction for a couple hours to try cosmic Midtown. I thought it was pretty great. It was hilarious seeing both of them (and others in the zone) die multiple times to Man Ape or other bosses. I think the three of us all had a good laugh about it and had fun

The above examples just makes online MP games much more interesting to me. What can I say, I really find it funny when fellow players constantly die

shaowebb

For crying out loud...WHEN'S IRON FIST?

Been a loooong ass time since I beta-ed this thing. Still not in? He's only had several of his own series and been in the Avengers for a decade and made an appearance in UMVC3, Spiderman Friend or Foe, and even friggin' Maximum Carnage way back on the Genesis. Just put him in already!

Top Bottom