• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Ploid 3.0

Oh Gaz, you sonuva gun.

img

img

OMG OMG hahaha

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
shame that only 1% of the playerbase will get the drop if it uses the same drop rate but ofcourse it wont cos the items shit

just rubbing salt in the wound because they couldnt release achievements on time which has a gunranteed reward of a gem of kursed if you kill him 200 times.

nice to see they wasted there item budget on that too

Wallach

shame that only 1% of the playerbase will get the drop if it uses the same drop rate but ofcourse it wont cos the items shit

just rubbing salt in the wound because they couldnt release achievements on time which has a gunranteed reward of a gem of kursed if you kill him 200 times.

cVd13IK.gif

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!

-Queen of Hunting, delirious, and talking to a computer

KePoW

Banned

This sounds like a kepow post

You do not want to be like kepow, trust me.

Thinking we can get another green + red going tonight? 9pm eastern/6pm pacific/8pm TEXAS

yes let's plan for it!

Moondrop

Banned
I used the end of the Big 10 event to level some characters to whom I wasn't particularly looking forward.

First, Gambit. I found his ranged tree to be pretty solid, in particular the simple stacking mechanic of Dead Man's Hand. But his melee tree is a mess, clunky and with powers I'd never take. The one power in that tree I liked, Staff Slam, is tagged as energy, which is a pretty big deal given all the sweet gear to which hybrid characters have access. But it's wasted if working both types of damage into your rotation isn't fun. I could see Gambit being quite fun with a revamped bo staff tree, but as he is now, I think I've had my fill.

Next I leveled Taskmaster. I found him to be pretty fun in that I could make a solid build out of mixing all different skills: melee single-target spirit dump, wave of arrows, shield bash, pistols with a high rate of attack. But he definitely felt limited in his all-around capabilities and straight-up DPS. At first I was frustrated, but then I realized it's because I'd become spoiled by playing Juggernaut and facerolling everything. So I started treating Taskmaster as an increased difficulty mode, actually looking at the boss affixes and moving out of their attacks. I enjoyed him overall, but with the uber power levels of recently reviewed characters, Taskmaster feels left far behind.

Finally I got Nova to 60 as well. The pulsar mechanics were as wonky as I'd heard, so I abandoned them early on and built entirely around the rocket and melee trees. Surprisingly, there's a quite fun melee/movement character under here. Nova has Nightcrawler's Blink Strike (which I hate as a skill) and Brimstone Beatdown in addition to a melee basic of essentially the same effect. But the single target spirit spender, Cosmic Combo, is much more fluid than Nightcrawler's; you can smoothly transition between foes and drop an entire pack like in this famous panel:
On top of that, he's got a dash that leaves AoE puddles like a Thraddash Torch, a signature that removes spirit costs, another dash that actually has some AoE damage, a toggle that synergizes his movement and melee skills... I could definitely see myself returning to Nova after my leveling days are done. Give me a Cannonball enhanced costume and it's a given. ;)

DrBo42

@Moondrop yeah Nova has the ingredients for a really great movement/brawler hero but they need to get rid of those god damn pulsars. Awful awful choice.

Getting rid of Pulsars would be lame. What they need to do is heavily expand on them in a meaningful way. I may have mentioned it before, but I'd really like to see them give unique effects for combinations of Pulsars detonated (like Invoker from Dota, for those familiar with him). Like for example if you detonate Unstable and Supermassive Pulsars together, enemies are stunned after being pulled in by the vortex. Or if you detonate Supermassive and Magneton Pulsars, you cause Magneton to do all of it's damage at once, but only at 75% the total amount. Cool stuff to make you think, you know? I'm sure with some thought there could be some really cool ideas.

DrBo42

Getting rid of Pulsars would be lame. What they need to do is heavily expand on them in a meaningful way. I may have mentioned it before, but I'd really like to see them give unique effects for combinations of Pulsars detonated (like Invoker from Dota, for those familiar with him). Like for example if you detonate Unstable and Supermassive Pulsars together, enemies are stunned after being pulled in by the vortex. Or if you detonate Supermassive and Magneton Pulsars, you cause Magneton to do all of it's damage at once, but only at 75% the total amount. Cool stuff to make you think, you know? I'm sure with some thought there could be some really cool ideas.

I get what you're saying and I think that works for a created character like Invoker but pulsars don't fit the character's abilities in the comics. It's just bizarre to be proc'ing traps with certain abilities on a character that has no business deploying them. Rider is all about movement and brawling, having to think about pulsar placement/use them for optimal dps does not compute.

KePoW

Banned
thx for the breakdown Moonie

Speaking of Taskmaster, what do the rest of yall think about him? I haven't tried him in a long time

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
thx for the breakdown Moonie

Speaking of Taskmaster, what do the rest of yall think about him? I haven't tried him in a long time

He's fairly meh at the moment, but will eventually get a decent QoL-style review once all of his component heroes get theirs, so they can just pull from the pool of updated/better skills to replace his current ones. Cap is done, Hawkeye is soon, and Daredevil and Spidey are sometime later this year (I hope.)

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Here's the patch update for the week:

We are going to patch Friday, assuming all goes well and we don't have any "showstopper" issues.

The patch will contain as many bug fixes as we could squeeze in. Keep reporting anything you find in either the test center forums or the bug report forums (both of which get entered into our system within 24 hours). As long as you post in those forums with as much detail as possible, we'll get someone working on it.

The patch will contain at least one new costume, possibly two. Ryolnir will update that in the patch notes. I believe Spider-Girl enhanced and Rachel Alves Punisher enhanced are ready to go. @TheDink is also finished with Gambit's X-Factor costume, so that could easily make it as well (if not, it will go out next week).

We're going to move the AXIS Raid on to live servers for a final week of public testing before we consider it final. We will have some rewards dropping, so testers will get something for their time. I think we'll be 90% ready to rock with the raid and the accompanying Genosha mini-hub, but it could use another week of polish to call it solid.

@Heretic and @TheCosmicCupcake have put together a mini Easter Hunt Mission that will activate Friday and last throughout Easter and until the next patch. The mission has a Chocolate Bunny reward for each step (credits) and an Easter Buff potion for the final reward. It's a pretty fun mission and it includes at least one enemy that is somewhat hard to find.

Lastly, @TheCosmicCupcake will announce the event for the week. I believe it's either Cosmic Chaos or Operation Omega, but she'll let you know.

You can check out the status of everything we have In Development from Monday's notes:
https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/184985/marvel-heroes-2015-1-42-patch-notes#latest
that raid is not ready

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
If you're gonna hang out here, just assume everything kepow says ever is a troll

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
that was just a regular ol' shitpost, sorry Queen, you have you step up your game

Altairre

Started levelling Hulk and got him to 42, he's really fun to play. Levelling experience is still where this game shines imho. Gonna level Thor next and then I'll gear either Thor or Hulk for the endgame depending on who I like more.

Vecks

The /played command doesn't seem to go back that far does it? It's only showing 14 days for me. I'm pretty sure I'm at least 3 times that.

Turns out my old Hawk Eye was still there at level 3. Not too bad but it felt really under powered. The first wave of drops really helped out but I ate a lot of damage when it came to bosses. I can't wait to unlock Iron Man.

BTW, how lame is it that a man who can stick to walls has trouble holding on to a tablet that he just saw almost get swiped moments ago?

Lord Phol

So I did some farming yesterday and got lucky with a White Gorrila Necklace drop in Cosmic MM. Re-rolled it to okey stats (~ 400 def, 500+ phys damage, 370+ crit). Heard they are pretty popular atm, what should I ask for it?

Spoit

So I did some farming yesterday and got lucky with a White Gorrila Necklace drop in Cosmic MM. Re-rolled it to okey stats (~ 400 def, 500+ phys damage, 370+ crit). Heard they are pretty popular atm, what should I ask for it?

No one knows, the market is throwing a fit with how they're actually obtainable right now. I haven't been on today, but it seemed like they were down to like 4 or 5 gotk, but that might have just been the usual lowballing that tradechat always does

Lord Phol

No one knows, the market is throwing a fit with how they're actually obtainable right now. I haven't been on today, but it seemed like they were down to like 4 or 5 gotk, but that might have just been the usual lowballing that tradechat always does

Hmm 5 goks aren't that bad, but I don't want to be underpayed if that's the case :d.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
There was no raid last night was there? I logged in around 2AM my time and there were 4 people on.

Dec

I would wait on gorillas. Despite all the drops there are more people trying to buy gorillas than sell them, to take advantage of panic sellers. Also take the time to reroll it to 600+ ideally.

The price will not rebound to what it was before, but I'm also not going to drop all my gorillas for peanuts. In the end BiS is BiS and good gorillas will always have value.

There was no raid last night was there? I logged in around 2AM my time and there were 4 people on.

We did a green at the scheduled time but didn't have enough to red without pugging a lot.

Top Bottom