• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

You do have to pay attention a lot more or you will die.

Whether the drop rates are worth that extra effort is up to the individual. I've only been to it once so I can't really say.

Sblargh

Banned
Sounds good, actually. Instead of artificial barriers, just let you non-captain americas die horrible deaths and get too scared to go in.

Vecks

Sounds good, actually. Instead of artificial barriers, just let you non-captain americas die horrible deaths and get too scared to go in.

The barriers might still come. I think they are just undecided what the barrier should be, and so they are holding off on it now.

Spoit

Honestly, the adds are a lot less damaging than cosmic terms. I die in like a second and change in cosmic modok or kurse, if my buffs are down, but the MM ones rarely take me below half

mileS

Having tons of fun lately. Psylocke feels like playing a Monk in D3 with no cooldowns or unlimited spirit. First time getting this far in the game, level 34 now. Going to get Cyclops up next for the xp buff and go from there. Maybe Venon or Spider-Man.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Having tons of fun lately. Psylocke feels like playing a Monk in D3 with no cooldowns or unlimited spirit. First time getting this far in the game, level 34 now. Going to get Cyclops up next for the xp buff and go from there. Maybe Venon or Spider-Man.

Cool man! go for venom imo. My favorite hero in the game.

I love Spidey and he's my main in this game but you're probably better off going Venom now if you don't have a particular attachment outside the game to either.

Spider-Man only really has one build (his others are quite lackluster) and some of his animations are lacking. You can get a very good ttk with him but it is gear dependent. Also his voice over for his non-enhanced costumes isn't great and is one of his major sticking points for the Spidey community in this game.

Venom is very good right now. Great damage with a number of possible choices in terms of builds.

Got my 400 funny money coins for logging in a second day. Wasn't enough to buy me an Iron Man. Do the rewards reset if you wait a day or is it a one time only thing for logging in?

Vecks

Got my 400 funny money coins for logging in a second day. Wasn't enough to buy me an Iron Man. Do the rewards reset if you wait a day or is it a one time only thing for logging in?

Even if you skip days, the rewards don't reset. The next time you log in you'll just get whatever is next on the log in rewards page. Some events also have additional log-in gifts that will award you with stuff like eternity splinters, odin, cube shards, etc. or even exclusive event items.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Had my first taste of cosmic Midtown today. I think it may also be my last taste because that's some hot-ass hot garbage is what that is.

She-Hulk feels like a hero of the launch Marvel Heroes. All her animations take forever and she gets knocked out of animations all. The damn. Time. It's so annoying.

However, the summon power is REALLY fun. They actually hit pretty hard. I'm trying to gear her to be effective while also buffing the summon and having it out as long as possible. So I've found Doom's Cloak, Man-Ape's Spear and the Bovine Horns (slot 5) to be pretty good in that sense.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Had my first taste of cosmic Midtown today. I think it may also be my last taste because that's some hot-ass hot garbage is what that is.

Lol

I don't know why but that made me actually laugh out loud. Good thing I'm alone here at work

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Soon you will all realise MH is nothing but a super hero powers simulator with little else going do it...join me on the dark side

Muahahahahahahaha

Still love the game lol

I actually like Cosmic Midtown. It seems like bosses are dying faster than regular Midtown because people are actually well geared.

Has something changed in the past few days? What you're saying is literally the opposite of what was going on two days ago.

Here's the Slot 2 from the new raid ('cause you know, physical/melee heroes just needed more love):

ceCbLkq.png

DrBo42

Has something changed in the past few days? What you're saying is literally the opposite of what was going on two days ago.

Here's the Slot 2 from the new raid ('cause you know, physical/melee heroes just needed more love):

ceCbLkq.png

Wow at that item.

Hello, long time Lurker and finally got my approval email.

I was wondering if I can join the SG. My IGN is RootAccess.

I'm sure someone will get you in. Welcome on both counts.

Rhaknar

Hello, long time Lurker and finally got my approval email.

I was wondering if I can join the SG. My IGN is RootAccess.

I'm sorry we don't accept members of the press, much less from IGN

Soon you will all realise MH is nothing but a super hero powers simulator with little else going do it...join me on the dark side

Muahahahahahahaha

Still love the game lol

More like this:

marvel-heroes-slot-machine.jpg

double post from the official forum

I was playing this afternoon and bosses were dying fast in Midtown, I guess being emptier helped.

The Influence system doesn't sound like too much grind. I'll be doing weekly Axis raids anyways for the currency, so, depending on how it's set up, I'll probably get the other 100 from the weekly mission.

http://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/186276/marvel-heroes-2015-1-43-patch-notes?new=1

Look forward to needing 80 stash tabs if you want to keep all your starktech "gems" I guess, if there's one for every single power in the game. Sounds like a pain in the ass system.
The gem system sounds like it could be infuriating. It also would make it harder to get the most out of recycling rare Arts between heroes.

Maybe some raid on Genosha tonight?
I'm down to try it out. Same time as our normal Wednesday raids?

Just read through all of Doomsaw's replies in his thread.

I'm not seeing much for me in this system as I'm never online at times where I can raid with you lot.

I do get Odin marks easily as I level a lot when I play so I can probably upgrade a legendary item or two. I'll have to see the stats on the new ones first though.

Also May Parker costume is now live.

Altairre

So they nerfed the SWGN droprate in CMM huh? Another reason to not bother with that mode. They seriously need something that can drop off all bosses so that you're actually incentivised to kill them because as it is right now the best you'll get is a costume core and they drop everywhere anyway. The only interesting waves are doombots and the one with lizard because of the artifacts.

I probably won't engage with the gem system much because I don't have enough stash space to begin with. +1 to a random power isn't worth the hassle anyway. Oh well I'll still have fun levelling and getting new heroes.

Vecks

Gems are only for increasing powers? Not what I expected. My gear is never optimal, so this might have some use, but I imagine I'll be selling off a lot of them.

The new Item Grade 80 Legendaries sound like they could be annoying. They are separate from the, current, Item Grade 70 Legendaries and will cost 2000 Odin Marks. Also, no i80 Power Cosmic as they will only be available for ones we get from the vendor.

Rhaknar

May Parker has been "live" for ages, its just available for everyone now

edit: future enhanced costume for Punisher?

SCWARSBW2015001004-col-c6553.jpg

Dec

Definitely Genosha tonight

Thor's God Blast will now correctly follow the mouse cursor while channeling.

yay.

dropping White-Gorilla necklace at several times the appropriate rate

LOL

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
It's a good thing I bought a SWGN yesterday now that they're hard to get again. No point doing Cosmic Midtown anymore, though.

They should really make legendaries upgradeable and cheaper, too. 2k Odin is way too much.

Rhaknar

Use the code SUESTORM for a retcon. Not that anyone needs one.

just specced Sue, weird that they didnt reset her talents. Seems about the same, with 1 new dot (yay) and cooldown on crushers (boo, seems unnecessary), plus the pilar for some extra dmg and to buff the giant disc thing that I already used as my filler anyway.

good changes imo. oh and the seeker balls now restore mana, weird, but cool

Drayco21

The intro for the Sixis Raid reminds me of how much I wish we were still getting regular story content added to this game. As much fun as I have playing as these characters, watching them interact and actually do stuff is just as big a deal to me, if not more so.

Hopefully that Secret Invasion act comes soon.

Rhaknar

The intro for the Sixis Raid reminds me of how much I wish we were still getting regular story content added to this game. As much fun as I have playing as these characters, watching them interact and actually do stuff is just as big a deal to me, if not more so.

Thunderbolts Division? I guess thats what would have justified the villains last year, if Gaz had their shit together and launched things on time :p

Also, give me my Beast already damn it

Vecks

Yeah. It was exciting when the loki chapter came out, even if the global event turned out to be a flop. These one-shots just feel like a new terminal, not a real extra story.

Drayco21

Yeah. It was exciting when the loki chapter came out, even if the global event turned out to be a flop. These one-shots just feel like a new terminal, not a real extra story.

One-Shots kinda appease my story needs, but they really phoned in the Sixis One-Shot. I'd love to see them do more of them though. I really liked the self-contained light story elements in Wakanda and especially in the Zoo.

Thunderbolts Division? I guess thats what would have justified the villains last year, if Gaz had their shit together and launched things on time :p

Also, give me my Beast already damn it

Between Beast and Kaine, I'm more excited for the 200es heroes than the "full" ones.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not opposed to more story stuff, but all the writing in this game is extremely bad and the story is as cookie cutter as can be, that's what you get when you need to include every single character and you can't really do anything with any of them. It's also practically the same story as Ultimate Alliance.

Top Bottom