• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
YXrb.jpg

:D

other news raid has been finished by a group already

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/186525/raid-guild-onslaught-defeated#latest

DrBo42

Oh my. Queen is a qt 3.14. As for the raid I dunno, can anyone really get excited about a world first raid clear for Marvel Heroes? It's like announcing on Facebook that you put together Ikea furniture.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
these starktech cube drops are hilarious. it like they want them to be gems (in diablo any gem was viable for any hero) with these cubes the problem is they drop all the skills for every class but you not gonna use +1 to god blast on spiderman etc. its like they wanna be gem where anyone can get them but at the same to its redundant for what the system is

also the item grade 80 legendarys cost 2000 odin marks each

going by the influence system titles and achievements are around 8 weeks (thats when you unlock the title linked to influence and titles were said to come with achievements)

also this game is getting far to many daily quests for my liking just feels like a padded out content cos they know they dont have much end game shit.

these starktech cube drops are hilarious. it like they want them to be gems (in diablo any gem was viable for any hero) with these cubes the problem is they drop all the skills for every class but you not gonna use +1 to god blast on spiderman etc. its like they wanna be gem where anyone can get them but at the same to its redundant for what the system is

going by the influence system titles and achievements are around 8 weeks (thats when you unlock the title linked to influence and titles were said to come with achievements)

also this game is getting far to many daily quests for my liking just feels like a padded out content cos they know they dont have much end game shit.

I somewhat agree...but I still really enjoy raiding in this game. I think it is by far the most fun content...but that's partly because I really like playing with other people and there is very little reason to team up in this game other than to spam a boss at the end of a terminal run.

KePoW

Banned

I somewhat agree...but I still really enjoy raiding in this game. I think it is by far the most fun content...but that's partly because I really like playing with other people and there is very little reason to team up in this game other than to spam a boss at the end of a terminal run.

Agree with both of you

Definitely what affei said, raiding is very fun because I like to group up. The funny thing is I wouldn't have expected to care much about raiding in a Diablo-type game when MH launched

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
influence system is broken af, surprising absolutely nobody

never change gaz

i'm kidding pleaaaaaase change

Lord Phol

From my experience CMM isn't all that bad, though I've only played it with ranged Iceman so I rarely die and the loots has been great. CIP on the other hand is just constant death one after another for me D:.
So how's the new raid? Would like to complete it once at least :d.

Hmm, trying to decide if Lady Hellfire's Talon or Bow of Einherjar is better for a ranged Bobby Drake. I'm rocking a cosmic right now but I think one of the uniques would be better.

From my experience CMM isn't all that bad, though I've only played it with ranged Iceman so I rarely die and the loots has been great. CIP on the other hand is just constant death one after another for me D:.
So how's the new raid? Would like to complete it once at least :d.

Hmm, trying to decide if Lady Hellfire's Talon or Bow of Einherjar is better for a ranged Bobby Drake. I'm rocking a cosmic right now but I think one of the uniques would be better.

Neither, you'll want Fragment of Twilight.

Dec

Gaining Influence is currently disabled, right? The Harbor Bay is unavailable for me...

You may not have done the introduction quest where you visit beast in the mansion?

It is very broken though, I don't have a weekly quest and my cap has already been reached without me getting influence due to a bug.

You may not have done the introduction quest where you visit beast in the mansion?

It is very broken though, I don't have a weekly quest and my cap has already been reached without me getting influence due to a bug.
Same here. I only have 50 EXP, but the cap says 200/200. From my understanding, everyone time someone logged in, the bug increased their cap up by 25.

I also never received a weekly quest.

DrBo42

Same here. I only have 50 EXP, but the cap says 200/200. From my understanding, everyone time someone logged in, the bug increased their cap up by 25.

I also never received a weekly quest.

:lol Oh Gaz. We can't really expect anything else from them at this point. Everything is rushed out and underbaked, especially the heroes (with some exceptions). Just make it a hero every 2 months. This one month timetable nearly always requires a QoL change months later. It just doesn't make any sense to me.

KePoW

Banned
:lol Oh Gaz. We can't really expect anything else from them at this point. Everything is rushed out and underbaked, especially the heroes (with some exceptions). Just make it a hero every 2 months. This one month timetable nearly always requires a QoL change months later. It just doesn't make any sense to me.

I agree with you on the Hero schedule

however one thing to be optimistic for is Achievements. They've been delayed many multiple times, so that's one thing I expect to be bug-free upon release

DNF

....however one thing to be optimistic for is Achievements. They've been delayed many multiple times, so that's one thing I expect to be bug-free upon release
honestly after all these bugs, lags and whatnot i'm convinced that the only reason for the the umpteenth time they delayed the achievements is,
that it doesn't generate them more income instantly (like heroes, costumes or hundred new crafting thingys)

this was the first wow-like game i played, and allthough i kind of like it, i'm confused about having all these bugs. is every mmo-game like this ?

DrBo42

honestly after all these bugs, lags and whatnot i'm convinced that the only reason for the the umpteenth time they delayed the achievements is,
that it doesn't generate them more income instantly (like heroes, costumes or hundred new crafting thingys)

this was the first wow-like game i played, and allthough i kind of like it, i'm confused about having all these bugs. is every mmo-game like this ?

For MMOs the "big" problems are balance changes for classes. There's not much that's released blatantly broken like Gaz's patches/additions but it happens occasionally.

Not really, no, because they wisely patch every few months as opposed to every single week. Also companies like Blizzard are able to hotfix bugs without the need for a patch, so any problems that do arise after a big patch are fixed immediately without interrupting players.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Thanks. Is just me or does it look a bit chunky in those pics? The in-game model might not look like that but either way I'll probably stick with my DD Noir.

its frank miller, of course he looks chunky

Miller-Batman.jpeg

Dec

Their solution to the influence cap bug is to give everyone 175 influence that ignores the cap.

So if you had this bug you will forever be behind everyone else.

Their solution to the influence cap bug is to give everyone 175 influence that ignores the cap.

So if you had this bug you will forever be behind everyone else.

Laaaaaaaaaaame. They should have just awarded everyone 200 for the week and had it fixed for the next week.

Dec

When the patch hits the next day, we'll have everyone's Influence set to 200 if they logged in at all this week.

The 200 Influence setting will not count towards the weekly cap for next week, so you can safely gain another 200 through whatever means you choose starting Thursday.

They changed their mind and are doing it correctly now.

Eh, I'd rather have 175 that I don't have to work for than worry about where I am in relation to an unknown handful of other people.

I feel very differently. If everyone got a ilvl 80 legendary a week before I did because I was unlucky enough to run into a bug I would be pretty annoyed. Getting 200 points in a week seems incredibly easy as well so the idea that we were getting points we didn't need to work for just doesn't matter.

I feel very differently. If everyone got a ilvl 80 legendary a week before I did because I was unlucky enough to run into a bug I would be pretty annoyed. Getting 200 points in a week seems incredibly easy as well so the idea that we were getting points we didn't need to work for just doesn't matter.

But now you're getting your legendary on the exact same day regardless, whereas before unless you were bugged completely you had a chance of getting it earlier, just maybe not as early as some people.

I mean it doesn't really matter, the logic just seemed weird to me.

Haven't played since like ~December (?). How's the game now? Every time I would login back then I felt like I was sooooooo behind that it destroyed any motivation I had to play. I only have a few hundred omega points. I have a lot of lvl 60 heroes and gear tho.

KePoW

Banned
Haven't played since like ~December (?). How's the game now? Every time I would login back then I felt like I was sooooooo behind that it destroyed any motivation I had to play. I only have a few hundred omega points. I have a lot of lvl 60 heroes and gear tho.

do u want to prestige Thing again?? I remember when you prestiged him through green

robgrab

I have around 400 Omega points, where's the best place to spend them? When I'm leveling up a new character I put everything into extra XP gain but once they hit level 60 I like to retcon. I typically play ranged energy damage characters.

I have around 400 Omega points, where's the best place to spend them? When I'm leveling up a new character I put everything into extra XP gain but once they hit level 60 I like to retcon. I typically play ranged energy damage characters.

Typically S.P.I.N. Tech in the Nanotechnology tree is the best first investment because it's the largest damage rating increase per omega point. It's only against bosses, but that's kinda the point of the game. After that it really opens up as to what to choose. I would recommend looking at the official forums for specific heroes, where there is usually an ideal build listed with good omega point allocation. Anything that gives straight attribute points like Warpath in the Mutation tree is pretty good as well. Much more expensive though.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
So wait, there are new (upgrades of current) legendaries that take 2000 odinmarks and require the new reps?

woof.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
2000 marks really is a ridiculous, lol-worthy amount. Look forward to having only 1 main in the future, I guess, because the gear curve just turned into a brick wall. I mean it doesn't matter for most content, so there's that, but that just makes it even sillier.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
That, or just continue to main power cosmic heroes since that doesn't have a new version.

Top Bottom