• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'd probably like him more if the blender ever gave me one of his cooler costumes.

Some DD powers don't look like DD and he's the most cookie-cutter motherfucker in terms of "best ttk" gameplay. That's why he's bad. If I wanted to look at numbers I'd play a calculator.

Still love him, about 800h of game with him.

Regarding the Daredevil show, I have it from a very reliable source (i.e. me) that it is the single best super hero show to ever grace the television medium. I've only seen the first two episodes, but they are sublime. The show is dark...very dark. This is more in the same vein as the Dark Knight as it is to current Marvel and DC television offerings. This definitely feels ripped from the pages of Frank Miller's character instead of the current Waid take, so take that as you will. Very minor spoiler that sets the tone of the series:
I was geniunely shocked when he takes down a thug at the very beginning and just keeps beating him...over and over again. Holy crap, it's intense!

When you consider the amount of hype surrounding the mediocre DC shows on the CW, this deserves to be huge. You're getting a better story, superior acting, and an HBO-level budget instead of the CW shoestring special effects.

I'm biased. I'm crazy biased. I'm a Daredevil fanboy. He's right up there with Frank Castle as my favorite Marvel character, so you have to factor that into my opinion. But the first two episodes deliver like crazy. They are better than any of the Marvel movies we've seen so far, no question.

mileS

Daredevil's not bad. He was terrible until he got his level 52 review, maybe you're reading old posts that talk about how bad he is?

His items certainly aren't great (like a few other heroes) so that's why they're getting a once over but he's still pretty good.

If there is a sale for his stuff like the recent Cable one you can be sure that the new costume won't fall under that sale. If you want it for cheap you're going to have to wait until it's been out for a bit and there is a costume sale (or buy one get one free).

Mostly just chatter from the Social chat in game. Not something to take as facts, but as a new player I've seen a bunch of people say he's not that great so I'm just going off that.

Mostly just chatter from the Social chat in game. Not something to take as facts, but as a new player I've seen a bunch of people say he's not that great so I'm just going off that.

You're probably aware but general chat is not a good source for anything in this game really.

If you want info on a specific hero that hero's forum on the main forum wouldn't be a bad place to look. Usually lots of good builds ideas there too.

KePoW

Banned
Regarding the Daredevil show, I have it from a very reliable source (i.e. me) that it is the single best super hero show to ever grace the television medium. I've only seen the first two episodes, but they are sublime. The show is dark...very dark. This is more in the same vein as the Dark Knight as it KOis to current Marvel and DC television offerings. This definitely feels ripped from the pages of Frank Miller's character instead of the current Waid take, so take that as you will. Very minor spoiler that sets the tone of the series:
I was geniunely shocked when he takes down a thug at the very beginning and just keeps beating him...over and over again. Holy crap, it's intense!

When you consider the amount of hype surrounding the mediocre DC shows on the CW, this deserves to be huge. You're getting a better story, superior acting, and an HBO-level budget instead of the CW shoestring special effects.

I'm biased. I'm crazy biased. I'm a Daredevil fanboy. He's right up there with Frank Castle as my favorite Marvel character, so you have to factor that into my opinion. But the first two episodes deliver like crazy. They are better than any of the Marvel movies we've seen so far, no question.

I don't believe you.

You don't even play DD in MH. At least you play Punisher

I don't believe you.

You don't even play DD in MH. At least you play Punisher

He was my second or third level 60, I can't remember. You have to remember that he was really awful in the game back at launch. As in terrible.

I actually like him now. He's close to being my second prestige 60, but I haven't been playing much lately.

KePoW

Banned
He was my second or third level 60, I can't remember. You have to remember that he was really awful in the game back at launch. As in terrible.

I actually like him now. He's close to being my second prestige 60, but I haven't been playing much lately.

bro i can't even beat the 2nd boss

Moondrop

Banned
Wasn't Daredevil one of the first level 52 reviews, if not the first? My recollection is that it was the Daredevil review that taught us that Gaz had the ability to successfully remake characters who didn't come out so well the first time.

As in when the game first released? LOLno.

Depends, when the game first released he was barely animated but at least pinging was part of the character and his stick didn't bounce like crazy. Or he bounced like crazy, or he had some insane crashdown.
He had low damage, but it was a time where characters would be tiered like that.
Then they did the first fix pass on him. Removed the shock sticks that didn't make sense, gave some better animations too. Then they crapped on dodge heroes. DD was still fine then, wasn't Strange fine or mobile fine, but fine (when Strange released, I thought I wouldn't be able to go back).
Then 52 released. They kept most of his beat yeah, but what could be an interesting thing, the combo point system, ruined him. They just ignored every power that didn't add combo points, because the majority wouldn't use them, made him a silly looking signature, gave him a Nightcrawler power, removed pinging from the character (lol every eight seconds when you enter combat!), and hinged his whole structure on two clunky powers, roundhouse kick (only post point spender power) and jumping strike (only damage point spender).

His anims remained largely the same, and he became less DD.

Sure he can jump strike for 2mi, and signature for even more every 6secs.
So much damage! Really good character, look at all those numbers.

Wasn't Daredevil one of the first level 52 reviews, if not the first? My recollection is that it was the Daredevil review that taught us that Gaz had the ability to successfully remake characters who didn't come out so well the first time.

This video is pre-52 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHgP7M56ur4

They reduced the number of useful powers adding a combo point system, but tuned his damage up, and they had "fixed" dodge heroes survivability before the 52 review I think.
Again, if you like big numbers, or killing bosses in less times, great improvement.
If you like Daredevil, the changes/additions were for the worse.

Dude, you had to actively spam his ping skill all the time to get any sort of damage. It was ridiculous.

Once every 6-10?secs depending on how many points you invested. Or lower if you were facing normal mobs I guess.

I suppose the lack of indication that it was wearing off could lead to spamming it.
But hey, they removed the visuals, that's what they get.
While Dr. Strange kept his Astral Plane visual because not many people use it.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
They are better than any of the Marvel movies we've seen so far, no question.

I almost believed you until you said this.

I'm with Cutmeamango, DD's rework was cobbled together nonsense. I hated the removal of the radar ping visual. But I also hate combo point systems so yeah.

he's the most cookie-cutter motherfucker in terms of "best ttk" gameplay. That's why he's bad. If I wanted to look at numbers I'd play a calculator.

I don't even know what you mean by this.

I'm with Cutmeamango, DD's rework was cobbled together nonsense.

You may not like it, but cobbled together? His review was one of the first that felt complete and thought out. Before him we got half-assed reviews like Cap, HE, and Emma.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Guess I'm the only one that likes DD, then again I like me them combo characters. Also his heal is ridiculous

I don't even know what you mean by this.

You beatdown for less than 3 secs, jumpstrike, kick. Rinse and repeat.
Sig is up! Now you can: Sig, jump, kick. Restart.

In other words, 8 actions buttons, 4 used forever.

If you are taking damage, you substitute one jump for the heal.
- If you want to be "slower" and deal with spirit (which I prefer), you use Triple Strike.
- If you don't want to heal (which I prefer too, he's DD, not Super Wolverine), you roll.

And that's him.
The other stuff just lost even more of its functions (and don't even add combo points lol) and remained the same in terms of old animations.
You can do that opening slide every time you spent your points if you just want the challenge.

And again, I spent more time with Daredevil than with any other heroes, I like him. But he's barely a representation of the character, even less than Silver Surfer is.
And the combo system drained the fun out of him. TTK oriented tuning did too.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
The patch will be Thursday or Friday depending on how happy we are with the build.

We have some Daredevil festivities planned.

We have Odin's Bounty planned.

TEST CENTER PATCH NOTES
Work in progress patch notes. Several items will likely be added as they make the build.

GENOSHA HUB - HAMMER BAY
Hammer Bay has received an update. The Cosmic Architects have forced the NPCs to reshuffle themselves so the Heroes don't have to stand so close to each other. No one wants to get too close to Venom.

The maximum population for Hammer Bay has been reduced to prevent overcrowding. The Genosha Liberation Force was pleased to see so many willing volunteers to throw at Onslaught's… onslaught… but honestly you guys were really over-crowding them.

The Enchanter decided to see why everyone in Asgard was clamoring about Hammer Bay. He brought along an extra S.T.A.S.H. vault.

COMMENDATIONS
The amount of Hero and Protector Commendations gained from the Man-Ape One Shot and the Daily Shared Quests has been increased.

We'll be adding additional methods to gain Hero and Protector Commendations outside of raids in the coming days.

INFLUENCE FOR GENOSHA LIBERATION FORCE
All players who logged in during the previous week have had their G.L.F. influence set to 200. This will not affect the weekly cap, although the initial login will display 200/200.

Influence will no longer increment when relogging.

Known Issue: Influence gains will sometimes not be displayed until a hero changes regions.

Known Issue: You must gain some amount of Influence for the display to reflect your weekly amount correctly.

DAREDEVIL
In anticipation of his critically-acclaimed new Netflix series, Daredevil has received some upgrades to his items and a minor power adjustment.

Daredevil’s Jumping Strike now hits in a slightly larger area

Daredevil’s Relentless Justice now grants 15% damage negation after hitting with a Melee or Movement power

Daredevil Item Updates:

Daredevil’s Uniques have been updated! This is the first pass, so it’s subject to change based on testing and a tuning pass, as always.

Hornhead’s Handy Clubs:
- Added ranks to Rebounding Club
- Added ranks to Sliding Strike
- Upped the damage on the dodge proc.
- Added a stacking melee damage proc that activates on critical hits.

Matt Murdock's "I'm Not Daredevil" Sweater:
- Added area damage reduction.
- Added a proc that activates on combo point generation, granting Durability and Strength.
- Added ranks to Signature.

Blades of the Beast:
- Added plus to all skills, and modified the ranks to Triple Strike and Devil of Hells Kitchen to balance the addition of plus to all skills.
- Slightly upped the health on this item.
- Reworked the Bleed Proc on this item. It's cool now.
- Added Health Regeneration.

Deathstalker Treads:
- Upped the damage on the concussive blow.
- Added ranks to Relentless Justice.
- Added ranks to Spinning Hook Kick.
- Added Health.

Shadowy Mask of the Hand:
- Added ranks to Radar Sense.
- Added ranks to Nunchuk Beatdown.
- Added a proc that gives his next Finisher a damage boost.

SHE-HULK
We have two small updates for She-Hulk this week. We’ll be putting up a fresh feedback section for She-Hulk once the patch is live for 48 hours.

She-Hulk's Opening Statement now has CC immunity during the movement portion of the power

She-Hulk's Closing Argument should no longer fail to fire sometimes if rapidly spammed.

POWERS FLAVOR / NAME CHANGES
Several powers have new names to prevent confusion with other heroes or be more flavorfully superior. This will also help prevent confusion with StarkTech Power Cubes as we work on longer-term ideas.

Venom's Web Barrage is now called Web Cannon, to prevent confusion with Spider-Man’s Web Barrage power.

Silver Surfer's Supernova is now called Singularity.

Nova's Supernova will be renamed (currently placeholder name)

Taskmaster's Nerve Gas Arrow is now called Toxic Gas Arrow

BUG FIXES AND MINOR CHANGES
Thanks for everyone who participated in the bug reporting from last week, and in general. We have a decent chunk of bug fixes in this week's build:

Fixed a visual bug that would sometimes cause a hero to appear tilted, like they were drinking Scotch on a late-night stream.

X-Defense waves will have a further “cooldown” time before repeating themselves, adding more variety.

We fixed many small UI, visual or power issues related to the AXIS raid.

Fixed various targeting issues in the AXIS raid, particularly the Onslaught encounter.

Black Panther's Panther Soul now correctly gives All defense rating instead of just Physical.

Batroc will no longer claim he provides the wrong Rogue stolen power in his stolen power preview UI.

In the Axis Raid, the Enrage timer for the Psionic Barrier will no longer start before triggering the encounter (interacting with Agent Varden).

Fixed a display bug with Crafting Recipe costs.

Silver Surfer's Board Dash once again has its intended Power Cosmic cost of 50.

Black Widow's Backflip Bomb now always move Natasha backwards.

Rogue's Aerial Onslaught can now be activated again much more quickly after being deactivated.

Moon Knight's Truncheon Ricochet rebuilt to correctly apply consumable melee damage buffs on each and every bounce (third try's the charm, blargh).

StarkTech can now replace StarkTech already placed on an item.

All artifacts will now have their correct StarkTech Power Cube slots.

StarkTech Power Cubes can now be stored in Hero Stash Tabs.

StarkTech Power Cubes now have an off-screen indicator.

Ms. Marvel's Evasive Blast returned to 100% evade.

DAREDEVIL
In anticipation of his critically-acclaimed new Netflix series, Daredevil has received some upgrades to his items and a minor power adjustment.

Daredevil’s Jumping Strike now hits in a slightly larger area

Daredevil’s Relentless Justice now grants 15% damage negation after hitting with a Melee or Movement power

Daredevil Item Updates:

Daredevil’s Uniques have been updated! This is the first pass, so it’s subject to change based on testing and a tuning pass, as always.

Hornhead’s Handy Clubs:
- Added ranks to Rebounding Club
- Added ranks to Sliding Strike
- Upped the damage on the dodge proc.
- Added a stacking melee damage proc that activates on critical hits.

Matt Murdock's "I'm Not Daredevil" Sweater:
- Added area damage reduction.
- Added a proc that activates on combo point generation, granting Durability and Strength.
- Added ranks to Signature.

Blades of the Beast:
- Added plus to all skills, and modified the ranks to Triple Strike and Devil of Hells Kitchen to balance the addition of plus to all skills.
- Slightly upped the health on this item.
- Reworked the Bleed Proc on this item. It's cool now.
- Added Health Regeneration.

Deathstalker Treads:
- Upped the damage on the concussive blow.
- Added ranks to Relentless Justice.
- Added ranks to Spinning Hook Kick.
- Added Health.

Shadowy Mask of the Hand:
- Added ranks to Radar Sense.
- Added ranks to Nunchuk Beatdown.
- Added a proc that gives his next Finisher a damage boost.

Huehuehue gotta put Beastdevil in for that tv show hype.

Dec

She-Hulk's Opening Statement now has CC immunity during the movement portion of the power

Pretty big, this was the ability that I was interrupted during the most.

Moon Knight's Truncheon Ricochet rebuilt to correctly apply consumable melee damage buffs on each and every bounce (third try's the charm, blargh).

Old ass bug. Idol of Khonshu applied its melee bonus on every bounce or truncheon but his passive that was worded the same way only applied the damage on the first bounce.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
You may not like it, but cobbled together? His review was one of the first that felt complete and thought out. Before him we got half-assed reviews like Cap, HE, and Emma.

They kept Jumping Strike, which has a dumb animation and it don't make no sense for it to hit in an AOE. Same for his sig though, which is, what even? He jumps up and lands for massive AoE damage. Okay, makes sense but not really?? They gave him a clone of a Nightcrawler power, who had just come out so it was super obvious. Pretty much all his powers just look and feel totally "off" to me. That's a hard thing to articulate, but they either don't fit the character, or look awkward, or just don't make any intuitive sense for the character, imo. The exception? His basics are cool as fuck. Good animations, suit the character. I don't care for any other moves in his kit, except the classic ricochet.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
expect hundreds of daredevils this patch

Next event: A special event, in honor of Daredevil's new show. Odin's Bounty and Cosmic Chaos event. There will be a boost specifically for Daredevil.

also a medallion item grade upgrade costs 650 protectors plus the influence gain before hand.

someone upgraded a red skull medal and the hard cap went from 1040 to 1120 brutal (which is the highest)

totally worth the asking price lol

also theres a bug on tc where when moving with winter soldier his gun is upside down :D

Probably the first semi-negative review of Daredevil I've seen.

What they haven’t done is make great television.

The failings of Netflix’s Daredevil may just be inherent to some kinds of made-for-streaming series. Like Amazon’s disappointing Bosch, Daredevil isn’t structured or paced like episodic TV (though it’s broken up into fairly uniform 50-minute installments, for no real reason beyond convention). This show is made to be binged, which means it doesn’t seem obliged to conform to the usual dramatic arcs that TV writers use to pull viewers through commercial breaks, and to keep them tuning in from week to week. Through the first five episodes at least, the various plots and subplots—most of them involving gang wars and shady business dealings that inflict collateral damage on the residents of Hell’s Kitchen—aren’t compelling or original enough to earn an active “Yes, I’d like to see more of this.” Instead, what Daredevil has are one or two moments per episode that may be exciting or promising enough to keep Neflix subscribers from hitting the stop button before the next episode auto-plays.

I understand the complaint, only because these days it's typically pretty hard to find enough time to just sit and binge watch, but most of the other criticism comes from a focus on violence rather than narrative.

So one more day of Omega?

I popped a couple boosts last night, but only got to play for ~20 minutes haha.. Hopefully put in a bit more tonight.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Tiny Vision spoiler from Ryolnir:

Spoiler: he can shift his density between phasing and ultra-heavy, which changes how many of his powers look and function. It's very, very cool.

Neat!

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Tiny Vision spoiler from Ryolnir:

Neat!
Yea hes a hybrid, physical / energy kinder like old jean non phoenix mental phoenix energy

Same with vision u can do phase / solid phase does energy solid does physical

Glad I saved my worldstones when that big ten ran

Anoregon

I have 2 power cosmics in my stash, one saved for doom, didn't know vision was hybrid but now that I do that's pretty lucky.

I have 2 power cosmics in my stash, one saved for doom, didn't know vision was hybrid but now that I do that's pretty lucky.

From inception I thought he'd be a reverse Cyclops, 3-4 energy powers, the majority physical. It's what made most "sense" with the character.
Then a couple days ago a trade chat celebrity said I was wrong and that he'd be full energy. :~
I still hope for hybrid.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
He was confirmed hybrid his playstyle is what I said basically old jean style. David spoke about it on stream
other day. Basically shift into phase n non phase and dmg changes

Reminder: the greatest super hero show on TV is available for streaming on Netflix as of midnight. I didn't have a chance to watch any more episodes last night, but I'll be going to town starting with #4 later tonight.

I regret buying baseball tickets for tonight, dang it!

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
This is going to look so cool in game could be in running for best costume

This is visions alt costume

UaQPFKi.jpg

Top Bottom