• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Indignate

You don't need to, hero level achievements are retroactive as are getting all the uniques for a specific hero.

Things like killing enemies or getting credits are not retroactive.

I need to to kill Cosmic Kingpin.

Which I won't.

Well maybe one day when they release another 50 heroes.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
theres raid unqiue achievement for surtur and they dont even exist

Fire Giant's Greaves, Fire Giant's Girdle, Fire Giant's Horns, Fire Giant's Aegis, Spirit of Monolith, and Blade of Hrinmeer

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
this doom achievement isnt possible

spGAGOt.jpg

with the stun time between each phase and getting to him etc its not possible.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
60 seconds from entering? lolwut, are they on crack? It'd be hard enough to do the fight itself in 60 given that there's like 10 seconds of mandatory downtime.

Also I watched the first 2 episodes of Daredevil and it's a lot better than the trailer suggested. There's the occasional groaner (Foggy gets most of these), but the dialogue isn't nearly as bad, generally. So far I find the non-costumed stuff more compelling than the faux-Batman super edgelord violent shit though. It's all well shot and choreographed, that fight scene that was edited to look like one long take at the end of episode 2 was pretty dynamite, but so far it seems like a lot of darkness for darkness' sake, which also goes for cinematography a bit. It's like, jfc, turn on a light, people. But yes, it's good, so far. I will report back when I've finished the season probably, so look forward to that, or don't, i'm not your dad.

. It's like, jfc, turn on a light, people. But yes, it's good, so far. I will report back when I've finished the season probably, so look forward to that, or don't, i'm not your dad.

I've only watched and episode and a half but I had the same thought.

The fights in the first episode looked like they could have been good but it was so dark I can't be 100% sure.

Overall it's not a huge deal though.

KePoW

Banned
Also I watched the first 2 episodes of Daredevil and it's a lot better than the trailer suggested. There's the occasional groaner (Foggy gets most of these), but the dialogue isn't nearly as bad, generally. So far I find the non-costumed stuff more compelling than the faux-Batman super edgelord violent shit though. It's all well shot and choreographed, that fight scene that was edited to look like one long take at the end of episode 2 was pretty dynamite, but so far it seems like a lot of darkness for darkness' sake, which also goes for cinematography a bit. It's like, jfc, turn on a light, people. But yes, it's good, so far. I will report back when I've finished the season probably, so look forward to that, or don't, i'm not your dad.

How many episodes of Daredevil is there??

Moondrop

Banned
I appreciate the symmetrical concept to Winter Soldier's power trees- ranged to the left, melee, to the right, and in the middle you're compelled to make a build decision via passives a la Punisher's review. There are even symmetrical melee and ranged skills for his key mechanic, stealth on kill- which is a much cleaner overall mechanic than whatever Black Widow received with her review. And though there are several skills that are rather ineffectual, it doesn't matter as long as there are some as awesome as Withering Fire. Twenty hits in one second- that's everything I'm looking for in a ranged power.

So I made a stealth build around the melee kill-to-stealth (Dispatch) and withering fire. Bucky's got two nice skills to complement, a knife throw that doesn't break stealth and a grenade (Explosive Sabotage) that CCs when thrown from stealth. The grenade has some nice mechanics in that it has a small AoE radius but lands responsively where you click. Between the grenade and dispatch, you can stand completely still in the 90 second Holo-Sim waves and patiently alternate the two without moving. I actually use the firearms passive with this build so that my primary skills never go on cooldown. Throw in a low CD signature and insane health regeneration (>1000 HP/s) while stealthed, and I'm definitely a fan of Winter Soldier's design and play style.

Bonus Winter Soldier movie costume spoiler:
when stealthed, you can see Bucky blink through his opaque goggles.

I was fortunate to blend Star-Lord's movie costume as well, as this is another character to which I have more affection for the MCU version. My first impression while leveling was that there were too many useful skills to fit into a build- he's got a weapons tree and an AoE damage tree before even considering his elemental tree (although once I had my build straight, I actually had power points to spare). My favorite thing about playing Star-Lord is rapidly toggling elemental ammo types. It feels even smoother than Punisher's rapid reload and by swapping between three, you've got essentially unlimited ammo. Plus the visuals of the holo-screen on his gun are really well done.

But I didn't love 2/3 of the skills that distribute elemental ammo. The basic Shot is nice for bouncing air attunement (GW2 shout-out) while leveling, but otherwise uninspired, and the Blast skill has a crazy long wind-up and is a projectile that converts to an AoE on hit- unreliable. But Elemental Barrage- this is the "empty-the-clips" type of skill I favor (ironically Star-Lord has another, less effective skill of the same name). Lead with fire for the DoT, then switch to air and water (backed up with freezing grenade) for DPS. That's basically all I need for single targets, but Star-Lord comes with an awesome melee execution skill as icing. For AoE, I found the signature plus grenade to be sufficient. But like Bucky, when I can maintain that many linear projectiles per second, it's essentially a beam of destruction. At first he seemed complicated, but ultimately I found Star-Lord to be one of the most simple and fun ranged characters due to elemental ammo swapping.

Most recently I leveled Power-Man because I couldn't let this sweet costume sit in my stash any longer. The three uniques associated with this costume have the adjectives "Badass," "Gallant," and "Yellow Disco" in their item names- 'nuff said. Compared to recent hero design trends, a character with three basics and five(!) passives feels like he's from another era of the game. But his belt buckle opener is interesting beyond the vulnerability proc in that it has longer range than most melee attacks. I've always wondered why these types of games do not explore extended melee range mechanics more- PoE is one exception, although I suppose I'll see more here when I level Ghost Rider and Mr. Fantastic.

Power-Man's combo system is distinct in that he's only got four points on his combo meter (as opposed to the five of Daredevil and She-Hulk). However he's got only one skill that's a true opener and his basics serve as the middle generators, which is a bit of a letdown. But the skills are good enough that I found chain yank -> belt buckle x2 -> cage fighting to be a nice combo requiring a bit of dexterity for perfect buckling. Cage's hallmark summons were a bit of a letdown initially too- you can only ever have one up, you can't really direct them, their active skills are uninteresting, and ultimately I can't really tell which one is best. A single summon appears to mostly serve as a team buff. But my perception on his summons totally flipped as I explored his signature, which calls them all simultaneously. This provides much needed AoE and it's not hard to achieve over 50% summon uptime (although the power cosmic affix is essentially a hard counter). Power-Man finally feels great when you reach the point where all the summons are still present after you've rushed down a terminal boss and you have time to say, "Good job friends" before they peace out. This must be why Kepow likes him so much.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
my weekly complain on official forums this time it actually meant somthing

my problem is they are doing the standard mmo thing. making new modes that just have bosses as a dmg sponge. the cosmic patrols basically define this too much health and not enough anything else.

no one in the game has the need to gear defensively. 15k or 30k on my hero makes no difference when the same move will one shot me at both health levels.

just like the cosmic patrols when you have 4 - 6 bosses around you theirs far too much going on the area isnt hard because of the tactics the area is hard because it clearly wasnt built to be like that where they dish out so much damage. those ground aoe's etc when you have like 4 of them down with all the standard mobs hitting you no amount of defensive stuff will counter it at all unless you do the stand invuln.

like ive said numerous times stacking health and defense is redundant in most rpgs and mmo's because they end game most bosses just have one shot attacks anyway and if they arent one shots theres just so much shit going on your going to die no matter. so instead people stack dmg.

this is the main problem with marvel heroes everything end game raids and cosmic patrols are built around everything one shot you so you stack invuln. or too much stuff going on at once so impossible to avoid anyway.

Let me think about "instant death" mechanics that can't be made "not so instant" with methods other than 'invulnerability' shields.

- Red Surtur sword.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Let me think about "instant death" mechanics that can't be made "not so instant" with methods other than 'invulnerability' shields.

- Red Surtur sword.

because that rock really helps gearing your hero and adds defensive tactics to your side.

things like that mechanic are just silly and just chuck everything out the window. more reason to not gear defensively. which is my point and thus why no one does. like i said if a move one shots you with 15k health and at 30k health why would anyone bother going for 30k health :)

especially when you can just stack invuln cores too

but we all agreed ages ago the game would be shit if it didnt have marvel strapped on top

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
also everyone save your odin boxes for achievement patch. theirs an achievement for picking up 10k orbs

Drayco21

They most certainly are. However, I'm almost certain this is deja vu. Didn't KePoW ask about this before, because I recall seeing that same picture posted a while back.

Now that you mention it, I feel like I've posted it before when he's asked about Luke Cage in the past. Kepow memory, gotta keep this thread going in circles.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
haha are yall memory geniuses or something, I don't recall

I know you aren't, you still can't remember who I am on battle.net. You think I'm a different person from gaf every time you send me a message!

KePoW

Banned
I know you aren't, you still can't remember who I am on battle.net. You think I'm a different person from gaf every time you send me a message!

well yeah in your case it's because you have totally different names for your Bnet/steam/origin/uplay. How could anyone remember all your different IDs hahah

Olivia Munn being cast as Psylocke in the new X-men movie. What a nightmare...

wtf... is that for real??

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
The studio has an extremely busy couple of weeks ahead, as we get closer to the Ultron game mode. We intend a small patch this week to hopefully fix the Influence situation and fix a few small bugs. We'll also be adding Hero and Protector Commendations to the Genosha Liberation Force daily and weekly missions as an alternate method for non-raiders to acquire the currency.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
well yeah in your case it's because you have totally different names for your Bnet/steam/origin/uplay. How could anyone remember all your different IDs hahah

There are people who use origin and uplay? Cuz I sure don't.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
regarding the ultron game mode

There will be a regular and Cosmic version, so most levels of players should have something challenging.

This is a 4 stage, fairly involved Game Mode, I am looking forward to the first public test of it.

KePoW

Banned
I dont even care who the actress is (in fact I actually think she was a good choice). The fact that psylocke is finally going to be in the xmen movies is amazing.

Confirming Jubilee was just as good too.

Cant wait.

wasn't Psylocke already in one or two of the past movies??

LuuKyK

wasn't Psylocke already in one or two of the past movies??

Yeah, but they are old ass movies that no one remember.

Psylocke is too good a character to continually get the shaft in these X-Men movies.

I am glad she is finally in, even if she is in for something like 15 mins. As long as she shows some good moves like Blink did in the last movie I will be happy.

Top Bottom