• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

wasn't Psylocke already in one or two of the past movies??
X3. But, we should all forget that movie existed.
BnDQfHe.jpg

Moondrop

Banned
Daredevil Season 1 was really good, a perfect adaptation of Frank Miller with some very smart production decisions. I was most pleased at the commitment to the conceits that a few square blocks constitute a "city" to be fought over and the reification of "the law." I tease because the tone is a bit serious for my tastes; if we have to pick sides, I'll stand with AoS. But the quality of Daredevil was exceptional and I'm now hyped for the 5-year Defenders plan.

This is the Marvel cinematic adaptation thread, right?

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Are you for real saying Agents of Shield is better than Daredevil? That is completely incorrect on every level.

I couldn't make it past two episodes of Agents of SHIELD. People say it gets better, but there are too many quality shows out there for me to stick with something that starts out as garbage tier like that.

Daredevil is phenomenal. My wife doesn't know the first thing about the character and doesn't read comics...and she's asking me how to find out more about him.

KePoW

Banned
I couldn't make it past two episodes of Agents of SHIELD. People say it gets better, but there are too many quality shows out there for me to stick with something that starts out as garbage tier like that.

Daredevil is phenomenal. My wife doesn't know the first thing about the character and doesn't read comics...and she's asking me how to find out more about him.

Tell her to kick major butt as Daredevil in MH

inky

Agents of Shield does get better, but just watch a youtube recap or something (if such a thing exists) if you are interested. At this point it is pretty consistent and very far removed from the first half of the first season which was absolute trash. The most interesting part is the SHIELD internal conflicts and of course, early Inhumans stuff it's currently treating.

Daredevil raises the bar so much that it's pretty much a different beast now.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Yeah, it's gonna be a little... funny watching AoS tonight after Daredevil these past few days.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Agents of Shield gets all right in the back half of season 1. I watched the pilot, then skipped ahead to episode 10 after watching like 10 minutes of episode 2 and wanting to kill all of television forever. There's some legitimately great stuff in the back half of season 1.

Season 2 has been pretty mediocre so far, especially since it came back from break. Not like, I HATE THIS bad. But just boring, and it goes nowhere, and it just came up with the most ludicrous plot twist (REAL SHIELD lol, gtfo), and I just can't deal with it anymore. Boring is worse than bad. The characters are never allowed to grow or do anything interesting, and the overall plot is so clearly stuck in a holding pattern until the movies do something they can work with again. I don't think it's impossible for the show to get good again, but first they need to go to 13 episode seasons and just write better stories for their characters. I like a bunch of the characters and actors, but they're just being squandered atm.

Moondrop

Banned
Are you for real saying Agents of Shield is better than Daredevil? That is completely incorrect on every level.
I am for real saying I enjoy it more. There's plenty I could shit on in Daredevil if I were so inclined. Let's just leave it at I prefer the more light-hearted, tongue-in-cheek tone for my superheroes. I prefer The Avengers to The Dark Knight, but I can appreciate both.

KePoW

Banned
I just tried Hulk for the first time two night ago (after his re-work)

I find him fun

But I still got destroyed in CMM or CICP, I thought he would be more tanky (granted I haven't gotten any rare gear on him yet)

Hulk is fine to play but can get boring due to the fact that it is quite easy with him.

He doesn't have a hard time defeating the top content yet his kit isn't complicated enough to where you have to concentrate like with Doc Strange.

actually im pretty sure tragicomedy still has me ignored most ironically so have at him broski i got ur back

I don't have anyone on my ignore list and never have. I just follow a personal policy to "ignore" pointless sniping and to avoid GAF troll wars. Obvious exception for Kepow!

LOL ok yall got me there

I'm trying to calm down now, funny guys

Take your meds and play PS4 with me this evening. What games do you have?

KePoW

Banned
I don't have anyone on my ignore list and never have. I just follow a personal policy to "ignore" pointless sniping and to avoid GAF troll wars. Obvious exception for Kepow!

Take your meds and play PS4 with me this evening. What games do you have?

hahaha that's funny I hear ur hated by some posters in comix thread with your comments about Frank Quitely

I have Bloodborne and The Show

haha is that the part where luke just committed suicide and let himself fall to death?? for those first three old movies, I never watched the entire thing for any of them

Yes, Kepow, that is the part where Luke committed suicide. He only appeared in flashbacks for the rest of the series, and as a ghost standing next to Yoda and Hayden Christensen.

Indignate

No, he had the high ground.

Sometimes I wish I was a girl standing next to Hayden Christensen.

EDIT: Shit, I meant to say ghost but now my true feelings are out there.

PSA: After the patch that's being put up right now, make sure you work on getting your Influence up to 200 for the week. The 400 bonus being granted is independent of this week's cap.

Speaking of Hulk rework, how do people build him? I couldn't find something I liked or efficient.

Like this.

It's an incredibly unfun (IMO) and unnecessarily convoluted grouping of powers, but it's what works best.

DrBo42

PSA: After the patch that's being put up right now, make sure you work on getting your Influence up to 200 for the week. The 400 bonus being granted is independent of this week's cap.

Like this.

It's an incredibly unfun (IMO) and unnecessarily convoluted grouping of powers, but it's what works best.

Yeah doesn't look like I'll be playing him.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
ADDITIONAL COMMENDATION AWARDS
In addition to their current Influence rewards, Genosha Daily Missions now award 4 Hero’s Commendations and 3 Protector’s Commendations.

In addition to their current Influence rewards, Genosha Weekly Missions now award 40 Hero’s Commendations and 30 Protector’s Commendations.

INFLUENCE SYSTEM FIXES
The experience bar and rank icon should now display correctly under the Influence Missions tab.

The Weekly Influence cap has been reset for all players, and should now reset correctly each week.

The G.L.F. buff has been disabled for this build due to an issue. It may still appear in your buffs panel, but will not give you Influence. In addition, the NPC who gives this buff has also had her overhead icon disabled.

A solution is planned for players who missed out on Reputation during the first two weeks of the system. It’s being tested and will be announced shortly.
UPGRADE TOKEN BOXES STACKING
Ultimate Upgrade Token boxes will now stack.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!

Ok we can be friends as long as you promise to never stop giving kepow a hard time. It's the only way we can make him learn.

Sblargh

Banned
So, I have been away from this game, not really wanting to get back, but still curious about it for some reason.

Any quick guide for what is this influence stuff?
Edit: Also, achievements, are those test server pics or is it live?

So, I have been away from this game, not really wanting to get back, but still curious about it for some reason.

Any quick guide for what is this influence stuff?
Edit: Also, achievements, are those test server pics or is it live?

I can't help with influence as I haven't bothered with that yet but achievements are only on TC atm.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Basically new raid is out, when u log in u will have notification on right when u open it up it. Tells u to speak to beast in hub Xavier mansion, hes located by the terminals there, this will take you to hammer bay which is the new raid hub.

once here between forge n that is a woman who will give a influence buff but is turned off for now.

Further along is the influence vendor who when u complete daily and weekly influence quests will rank up and unlock things like medallion upgrade to 66 (the crafting unlock for this is 650 hearts or now called protector commentnations. Plus rank 3 influence)

Theirs two people just next to him who give u the daily n weekly missions you have to talk to them to get the quests, in ur quests section (not sure what key bind to bring up is) there's a 3rd tab now which will lists ur influence missions n tell u eexactly what. to do

The daily n weekly influence quests also give commendations now

There is also a cap on how much influence u can earn a week, there is also a cap on how many commendations u can earn a week from any content, although log in rewards n achievement commendations will bypass the hard cap

Do you actually need any of the new systems though? They just seem to be making your heroes more powerful even though we were powerful enough to handle any content they'd thrown at us.

Sblargh

Banned
If one would log in only to do all the dailies/weeklies what would one be doing?

The 3 sets of daillies.
Daily influence quest.
Weekly influence quest.
Both raids once a week.
Whatever the event is right now.

That it?

I imagine danger room will get in the x-def/holosim slot of the dailies. And I have no idea what this ultron thing is about.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Game might be overloading with systems.
Theres cosmic version of midtown an icp since u stopped, also cosmic areas (terms and mid n icp ) the bosses there have a chance of dropping a startech cube which does +1 to one of ur heroes skills these go on your artifacts so u can gain another 4 to one skill or plus 1 to 4 different skills.

Achievements are on tc and due end of month with vision scarlet review n new ultron mode

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
If one would log in only to do all the dailies/weeklies what would one be doing?

The 3 sets of daillies.
Daily influence quest.
Weekly influence quest.
Both raids once a week.
Whatever the event is right now.

That it?

I imagine danger room will get in the x-def/holosim slot of the dailies. And I have no idea what this ultron thing is about.

Maybe they are trying to find events that everyone would like to do. Meaning I have zero interest in doing raids so maybe influence/Danger Room will be more up my alley. The repetitive nature of doing Legendaries doesn't appeal to me either (especially for so little reward). Maybe new activities will appeal to me. At this point I buy a character, get him/her up to 60 then log off until someone else becomes available. If I get some good gear during that or shortly after, then that is what I am rolling with. I understand I am probably not the norm in that, though.

KePoW

Banned
Maybe they are trying to find events that everyone would like to do. Meaning I have zero interest in doing raids so maybe influence/Danger Room will be more up my alley. The repetitive nature of doing Legendaries doesn't appeal to me either (especially for so little reward). Maybe new activities will appeal to me. At this point I buy a character, get him/her up to 60 then log off until someone else becomes available. If I get some good gear during that or shortly after, then that is what I am rolling with. I understand I am probably not the norm in that, though.

Actually that's probably what the majority of the registered player base does

Anyone who takes the time to post on NeoGAF or the MH forums is already much more hardcore

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Game might be overloading with systems.

Feels like they're adding shit just to add shit sometimes. The starktech cubes are completely stupid and superfluous, +1 to a random power? Really? Adding dailies on top of the 3 dailies already in is stupid too imo. Could've been rolled into the already-existing system very easily, but nope, gotta get dat grind on.

Top Bottom