• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

I want to see the examples of sexism & racial stereotyping, those are the funniest things to me

I find that very hard to believe!

yVzet3f.jpg

Daredevil's billy club can fire high-potency mortar projectiles, because duh.

-----

9yZK3KS.jpg

Fear the uncanny Cat-Man. He's the purrfect villain.

-----

YKXjhF1.jpg

#TeamFrogMan

Who is with me?

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
spiderman is getting a review after last 52 review is finished. after spiderman is taskmaster.

blackwidow and hawkeye get mini with ultron film.

widow has a movie insipired motorcycle travel power.

min/max roll feature should be live tomorrow or next week.

lots of new spoilers are coming next week in an ign preview.

Sblargh

Banned
It wasn't unusual for Stan Lee to just change stuff when a comic wasn't selling well. I really like his captain america stories, for example; they start with a theme of a super hero who's main thing was being capable to fight superbly well; then all of sudden it became a flashback comic about him and bucky on world war 2; then it changed to a weird romance/spy comic with agent 13 being almost as important to the comic as him. After that fell through, he gave the comic to Jim Steranko turn it into a weird (and brilliant) pop art experiment.

Daredevil, tho, I honestly don't know how that comic survived the 60s, let alone the 70s. I haven't read the comics themselves, but what all I read about it was basically:

1. Stan Lee creates Daredevil in 1964
2. ???
3. Frank Miller get the book in 1982.
4. Profit.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I was living in a fool's paradise!

is going to be my new exclamation whenever I'm wrong about anything, especially if it's something really minor

I'm reading through early DD issues as part of my plan to read the entire run, and some of this stuff is pure WTF good.

jQESF1B.jpg

Twin antennae!

This stuff kinda applies to all old super hero comics, so much wtf in old stuff, and often they would randomly introduce something to a character that would never be mentioned again.

I was living in a fool's paradise!

is going to be my new exclamation whenever I'm wrong about anything, especially if it's something really minor

Chicago, here I come!

This stuff kinda applies to all old super hero comics, so much wtf in old stuff, and often they would randomly introduce something to a character that would never be mentioned again.

I have a few more pictures to post when I get to my computer later that are shocking! Shocking, I say!

Daredevil (1963) #1, in which our fearless hero learns that rolling on a large garbage barrel is faster than walking...or something.

MclEwgd.jpg

------

Daredevil (1963) #2, in which our blind hero teaches himself to fly a space ship, and lands it harmlessly in Central Park. No casualties on his watch!

oaK4oCF.jpg

My personal favorite so far. Daredevil (1963) #3, where our hero creates the aerodynamic Suit Ball™. The Suit Ball™ will prove to be the hot fashion trend of 1963, allowing white collar workers to travel from place to place at high speeds while bouncing their suit along their side. Upon arrival, they merely have to unroll their suit and voila! Wrinkle free attire that meets even the strictest of dress codes.

Because suits bounce.

g6BUJ9U.jpg

So it looks like you have to use the code INFLUENCE to get the other 200 missing rep. That's a free week of this grind, so don't forget.

Thanks, applied.

Daredevil (1963) #7 is ace. Just ace. We finally get Daredevil's iconic red costume. Daredevil makes some serious modifications to his cane, adding smoke screen pellets into the mix. He also develops a grappling hook, allowing Daredevil to be Spider-Man. That building two blocks away? No worries, Matt Murdock's background as a fly-casting fisherman has prepped him for everything.

mTCQacI.jpg

Oh, and he fights Namor. But this version of Namor is stupid and invincible. Like Hulk crashing through concrete walls invincible. He flies using ankle wings and can lift up and toss Army tanks like they are matchbox cars. Nothing a construction wrecking ball can't handle. WHOOMF, indeed!

2GhonO6.jpg

Only Namor gets back up and kicks Daredevil's ass. Because he's stronger than a Superman and Sentry love child. He's basically Aquaman except that he doesn't suck.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
in find it weird how the influence dude doesnt havent the total amount you have gained with him. just how much u have to next rank.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
that splash scren looks fucking awful, but that Cap costume looks sweet

Dec

It looks fine, they just need to get rid of the fake black bars. Makes it look like a desktop background someone set on their PC that is of the wrong resolution, since the buttons overlap into black bars in a visually displeasing way.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
heres another pic where someone didnt use shity depth of field

SvaZuGh.jpg

DrBo42

Maybe I'm overreacting but damn lol. I just don't get why they'd use that. That Hulk facial expression...the model qualities...

That IM armor looks awful. Nothing like the Mark 43. The coloring is way off, which is odd considering they get the CG models from ILM directly. Really disappointed about that.

Edit: Now that I think about it, it's probably a placeholder costume. We were only supposed to get one IM armor at release, and that'll be Hulkbuster.

Edit 2: Now that I'm on my desktop, it's clear that both IM and Hulk are using their Avengers 1 costumes. False alarm.

Jumped on the other night for the first time in ages. Tried out the new "Dailies"/Influence things. Didn't mind doing them as I got half of the ICP and half of the Terminals stuff done at the same time, so all good. Seemed to get a decent run of Omegas for the night as well, between the SQ's/Influence and stuff.

Don't have much time to play lately since bub arrived, but will hopefully settle down a bit so I can put some time into Vision when he drops. Hyyyype.

KePoW

Banned
Jumped on the other night for the first time in ages. Tried out the new "Dailies"/Influence things. Didn't mind doing them as I got half of the ICP and half of the Terminals stuff done at the same time, so all good. Seemed to get a decent run of Omegas for the night as well, between the SQ's/Influence and stuff.

Don't have much time to play lately since bub arrived, but will hopefully settle down a bit so I can put some time into Vision when he drops. Hyyyype.

what's "bub" ??

Continuing with the "Tragicomedy Reads Old Daredevil Comics So You Don't Have To" theme, which I am cross-posting from the comic thread because I love you guys.

In issue #13, our horned hero ends up stranded in the Savage Lands, where he is attacked by a giant primitive ape man. The trick to defeating an ape man is the same to defeat a regular man: a giant punch to the nuts. THOK!
w02ljJK.jpg

Issues #16 and 17 treat us to a fight with none other than Spider-Man, a character that Stan Lee has been channeling as hard as he freaking can through the first 15 issues of Daredevil. If Spidey weren't a Marvel property, you can bet your ass his creators would be suing the pants off the company for infringement, but when you are just copying your own work it's not that big of a deal. Anyway, Stan feels the need to apologize for the "hearts and flowers" portion of the book. You know, he's tossing a bone out to the ladies before getting back to the action.
jvBf5C8.jpg

Spider-Man apparently owns his own version of a Bat signal. Don't tell DC!
oaO4cCk.jpg

Daredevil blows up a fucking blimp!
jJXLtPi.jpg

And Spider-Man is convinced that overweight and nonathletic Foggy Nelson is Daredevil, because Spider-Man is stupid. He does what any reasonable superhero would do in this situation, and hangs the innocent man out of a fucking window.
AUE0vbS.jpg

In issue #18, Foggy Nelson decides to try and impress Karen Paige by pretending to be Daredevil. It goes about as well as you would imagine. What is Foggy supposed to do with his nice suit? If only he had Suit Ball™!
8kLoTID.jpg

Z7pHWgs.jpg

Fuck Mr. Nelson. He sucks.

J-Tier

I just finished the Netflix Daredevil series, I wanted to come back and tell you guys what I thought...

...and I returned to this.

Ya'll crazy.

J-Tier

The show is incredible and actually was my motivation to go back to the original books.

I agree. I went from thinking Daredevil was a shit hero, to loving him and picking up his books.

Damn ye Marvel.

Damn ye.

man I just saw the new Fantastic Four movie trailer, and I can't stand it

They could've made it a good movie without changing it so drastically.

The changes are unwelcome and feel forced to me, even if it ends up being amazing, I'm still gonna be annoyed by the arbitrary changes.

mileS

I know the actors are older than they look but holy hell if they aren't trying to make them look like they are fresh out of high school. When i think of Ben Grimm I certainly don't think of that dude. Oh my. Wait and see I guess. Doctor Doom looks stupid as well But I think he's kind of hard to pull off anyway.

LordGraySkull

Neo Member
I really enjoy the fact that out of the characters released so far from advance pack 2, (which i regret buying) the only one i'm interested in is she-hulk....and they shit the bed with her. Boring ass copy and paste gameplay, and the defense of a wet paper bag. I can see me retiring from this game this year if this is what i can expect from their awesome team.

Been playing since second week of live release, and spent more money then i care to think about. Man though, theres a lot of characters i'd love to use, as i have almost the entire roster to 60 besides like 4, but if they arent Cap, Hulk, Gr, Venom then piss on them, they arent gonna do much. Not even a fan of cap, but i use him in raids often just so i can actually kill something besides running around doing jack shit dmg. Basically it's "Hey! We got a new costume ready to buy for a character that isn't worth a shit to play due to how awful they are balanced! Get excited!" Yeah i know, it takes time to work on characters.Well I'd rather they shoved influence and stark cubes up their asses and got on with more important things.

Disappointing to hear that about She Hulk. I will be leveling her soon, once I get bored of Cosmic Midtown with Emma. Her model looks pretty good. Im not sure if I will use a shrinking serum on her yet though, so she is more average human height.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Disappointing to hear that about She Hulk. I will be leveling her soon, once I get bored of Cosmic Midtown with Emma. Her model looks pretty good. Im not sure if I will use a shrinking serum on her yet though, so she is more average human height.

because that's what She Hulk is, normal human height

KePoW

Banned
Been playing since second week of live release, and spent more money then i care to think about. Man though, theres a lot of characters i'd love to use, as i have almost the entire roster to 60 besides like 4, but if they arent Cap, Hulk, Gr, Venom then piss on them, they arent gonna do much

if you're imlying that those four characters are the only ones effective in raids, then I definitely do not agree with that

if you're imlying that those four characters are the only ones effective in raids, then I definitely do not agree with that

I think he's saying that those are the only four that he personally finds effective and enjoyable. Plenty of characters do just as much - or more - damage than those heroes.

Top Bottom