• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
awesome ms marvel is getting costume soon

QueenOfHunting
9:47PM
please ryolnir can you confirm is ms marvel is getting a new costume soon. i love her and really hope she gets some love soon.

Ryolnir
9:55PM
She will get one this year. Which would you like to see personally?

i then sent this

leka94o

or her no fear costume.

his reply

Ryolnir
10:32PM
I think you will be pretty happy with her next costume!

omg omg omg. its gonna be no fear.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
do you mean fear itself?

thats the only costume I care about, besides a updated captain marvel costume

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Marvel Heroes 2015 ‏@MarvelHeroes 7m7 minutes ago
We’ve got some big Marvel’s @Avengers #AgeOfUltron stuff for you tomorrow at noon PT... #PlayMarvelHeroes

I guess its the new costumes

Dec

Marvel Heroes 2015 ‏@MarvelHeroes 7m7 minutes ago
We’ve got some big Marvel’s @Avengers #AgeOfUltron stuff for you tomorrow at noon PT... #PlayMarvelHeroes

I guess its the new costumes

We're going to have a pretty awesome stream next week showing everything off in addition to Test Center and an exclusive IGN feature.

I imagine it's this

Widow:

Our goals with Natasha were focused around cleaning up her rotation options, visually updating some older powers, and increasing her tuning in key places (such as adding a damage layer to her Signature) to make her more viable in endgame content.

- NEW Electric Batons - New single-target spirit spending melee power using the electric taser batons from the Age of Ultron trailer. Like the new Stinging Strikes, this power has a chance to deal a burst of energy damage in addition to its normal strikes.
- NEW Electric Ride - New Travel Power inspired by her bike in the Age of Ultron trailer (not the same bike, but one in a similar style)
- Widowmaker resource removed
- Microdrones - Microdrones has been revamped, with the goal of making the power satisfying to use in both single target and group scenarios. Each drone will now seek out a random target, with one drone guaranteed to seek out the target under your mouse cursor when activated. The drones now deliver a nonstacking short duration damage over time effect instead of a raw damage packet, allowing each drone to carry the full damage output of the power to every target hit. These changes will allow for the full DPS contribution of Microdrones to be consistent so long as one drone finds the intended target.
- Stinging Shot - Updated with a new animation and visuals. Widow’s Bite as a weapon should be a more useful power in the kit, so we’re allowing it to serve as a potent ranged area clearing power by way of bouncing between targets hit.
- Twilight Initiative - We’ve added a damage over time and stun component that fires briefly after the initial cast, allowing the power to be a bit more impactful in terms of a DPS boost. Since Widowmaker has been removed, the power will now fully reset Widow’s other cooldowns.
- The regular merging of passives, mixing up of what abilities apply status effects

Hawkeye:

With Hawkeye, our goals were to give him some new layer options to bring up his endgame DPS potential, polish his melee tree into a more usable state, and install some fun new mechanics in his Trick Arrows to make them a bit more build worthy.

- NEW Speed Loader - New single target burst damage cooldown power using 9 arrows rapid-fired out of a new device showcased in an Age of Ultron trailer.
- NEW Sprint - New Travel Power. The SkyCycle is definitely on the agenda, but we don’t have time for the model just yet, so this power will serve as an intermittent travel method in the mean time.
- NEW Mechanic - The Trick Arrow Quiver mechanic will allow all Archery (Tree 1) powers to fire Trick Arrows as a small chance to occur whenever those powers are used.
- World’s Greatest Archer - Precise Aim and World’s Greatest Archer have been combined into one passive. This will free up 20 points from builds who cap both passives. Spirit on Crit has also been added to this passive, allowing him to regenerate spirit in-combat. Additionally, the power can now be toggled on to grant Rocket Arrow and Harpoon Arrow bonus damage in exchange for cooldowns. Combat Training will be the melee partner to World's Greatest Archer, giving extra layer effects to some melee powers, allowing Hawkeye players to choose their additional layers.
- Wave of Arrows - Now deals a single cone of damage like Moon Knight’s Crescent Dart Fan, with each individual arrow only being art to represent the area of the cone
- Three Arrow Burst - Bonus damage to bosses has been removed in favor of higher base damage at all times. The power may be receiving another offensive affix in iteration.
- StarkTech Claymore Arrow - Cooldown reduced to 35s.
- StarkTech Medical Arrow - Toughness and Constitution has been replaced with Protected. Hawkeye himself restores additional health over time while standing in the field.

Scarlet:

Wanda presented an opportunity to really renovate her kit, keeping all the successful elements of what was there, and adding many new powers and mechanics to grant players options to build around. Her unique power set allows us to get creative with interplay on proc effects, random chance, and high variance to make her playstyle unlike anyone else.

In doing this, we also wanted to ensure her current playstyle of debuffs and DoT rotations were not only still available, but supported with new powers and mechanics of their own, to make even the most veteran Scarlet Witch player be able to try out something new.

Additionally, we've updated a ton of Scarlet's visuals, giving old powers new life with updated special effects.

Widow uses her swords in her FI costume when using her new melee attack. Thing will also use his hammer in the FI costume once his review hits too.

4VwwdWK.png

Rhaknar

Widow uses her swords in her FI costume when using her new melee attack. Thing will also use his hammer in the FI costume once his review hits too.

4VwwdWK.png

this is something I never expected to be implemented. nice going Gaz.

what about strange and his staff?

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
OMFG
Chaos Warp - Scarlet Witch is now able to move while channeling, and the power heals Scarlet when she damages enemies. The duration is now extended for as long as the hotkey is held down.
new launcher
Capture.jpg

Rhaknar

Is the Wanda review coming soon then or is this just a qol?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Wow, between the 3 revamps I'm sure there will be at least one character I am interested in playing. Wanda's ridiculous variance stuff sounds pretty funny.

This is the Wanda review, going live in 2 weeks or whatever.

You've been playing too much Dark Soul II. SW's review has been in development for two months now (since Punisher got his). Also, it sounds like an insane review too. But just as they try something new, people start complaining, so I'm expecting much less for the final iteration.

Rhaknar

You've been playing too much Dark Soul II. SW's review has been in development for two months now (since Punisher got his). Also, it sounds like an insane review too. But just as they try something new, people start complaining, so I'm expecting much less for the final iteration.

Nice. And yeah I've been completely into other games lately, hots to Dark souls to FFXIII and now GTA (to witcher 3 in 3 weeks). At least I'll have lots of new shit to do when I get back to this, whenever that is

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
i smeel a nerf hehe

Unmake Reality - Wanda’s current Ultimate is now her Signature, with a much faster animation. Activating it grants a ‘chaos control’ buff, causing all random effects to always occur (even from items!), and all Chaos damage to roll its maximum value. When properly combined with Chaos Damage or random effects, Unmake Reality can be utilized to incredible effect.

Awesome. Using those BW and Thing costumes already, so that'll be nice.

SW sounding good, I'll try her out again. Never really gelled with her on my original lvl 60 run.

I am getting into this game soon. There are way too many things to do and stuff they provide that it can be overwhelming. What are some good tips? Also does the story depend on what character you pick or is it always the same?

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
I am getting into this game soon. There are way too many things to do and stuff they provide that it can be overwhelming. What are some good tips? Also does the story depend on what character you pick or is it always the same?
Always same basically when u join u can pick a starter hero or play each to level 10 to trial.

Best bet is to play each starter they will be your main for a while unless u will happily just jump in and buy ur fav hero.

Best thing is which ever hero u do first play through story getting feel of everything unlocking things at certain levels. Things are spread out accross unlocks.

Any items you dont want donate to your crafter first not the weapon or armor shop

Scarlet Witch review is super promising. Some of these animations are incredible. Combusting Hex in particular has one of the coolest VFX in the game.

nrk6VKP.jpg

Rhaknar

Is the 50% sale still going? I forgot that wiccan costume existed

Indignate

Is the 50% sale still going? I forgot that wiccan costume existed

I'm still spending money on it, I bought Zeratul for example. But yeah, with work and shit, you barely have time for 1 game let alone multiples. Add to that some movie or some tv show you wanna watch and what little free time you have just disappears.

I would to if I didn't get into Bloodborne and then dark souls 2 and now GTA (and soon witcher3). And I'm super behind on various tv shows for example. Like I said, just no time. You do one thing as opposed to 5 things when you were a pup.

And I dont have kids!

STOP.

YOU HAVE A PROBLEM.

Rhaknar

Hulkbuster, Cap, Widow, Wanda (kinda) are good

Vision, Thor, Hulk, are awful

Hawkeye is ok-ish, Ironman is...Ironman

Rhaknar

cant add Gs on steam (game doesnt open the steam window as usual when you click the Gs you want), so cant buy costumes

probably for the best

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
my problem with the scarlet stuff is basically rng on your damage., its like crit and brut chance across all your damage fucking terrible idea.

dat vision costume doe. i know it would be good

if they are trying to replicate the holy shock paladin from diablo 2 then david is really stuck in that diablo 2 world still

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Way into those Wanda, Cap and BW costumes. That Hulkbuster is way better than the current Hulkbuster, too. My issue with it is that bulky frame just doesn't go at all with IM's animations in-game. That Thor is terrible. Marvel Now Thor still best Thor.

The new Widow costume looks pretty sweet. I hope the blue parts glow in the dark.
Scarlet Witch's outfit design is kinda ugly. I dont like the dress or torn stockings at all.
Cap looks pretty good. Seems to have a strong color scheme.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
That movie hulkbukster suit is fucking outrageous.

Rhaknar

You can just add Gs from the web store!

nah wanted to use steam wallet money from selling cards. it works now anyway, got Wiccan, Astonishing X-Men Storm and Toxin

before I got them I blended a costume which I hadnt done in ages (for the off chance any of these would pop), and I got a enhanced costume...unfortunately its Death Gambit which I own >_> oh well

Top Bottom