• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Necromancer, actually :p

from reddit:
I'm talking about the chaos dmg mechanic it's straight up holy shock paladin d2 rng on dmg n not just crit

It's a terrible mechanic but I seem them using it alot to counter power creep and fast Ttk because it will never be same each run

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
The 20% damage boost over non-chaos spells isn't enough of a boost to make up for the shit variance, imo. With a minimum damage of 1, the average damage per cast is always going to be half of the max value, making it actually lower than a non-chaos ability. Even 60-100 is better than 1-120, and 60-100 is still worse than the standard variance, I believe.

The signature being the only significant way to impact the chaos mechanic is kind of lame, manipulating it should be a central part of the playstyle/rotation.

edit: wait, according the numbers in the original TC post, the 20% boost is before the variance is changed, and the variance change actually increases the top end as well, so the average does work out to be reasonable. My bad. Still though, I would like more ways to mess with it.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
She has a mechanic to guarantee the full dmg though, yes? I wouldn't get too worked up until TC.

Does she? I thought it was just the signature that did that.

FeD.nL

This is getting hopeless I've re-downloaded the game 4 times now and still I cannot even make it to the login screen. Just crashes before getting there. Is there any fix or do I have to wait till the patch?

Anoregon

I think this type of RNG would be cool, but only if every character is subject to it, not just one class

I think it can be very cool, i just needs to be implemented right. That one demon debuff also has a 20% chaos damage buff (separate from standard 10% vuln all classes have, I imagine) so that's the kind of thing they should have a little more of. Not necessarily flat damage boosts, but individual buffs/cooldowns that will mitigate those extreme low-end hits for X seconds at a time.

I'm definitely looking forward to trying it out when she goes live, at least. She will definitely be the craziest 200 splinter hero, that's for sure. I should snag a costume during the sale maybe.

my problem with the scarlet stuff is basically rng on your damage., its like crit and brut chance across all your damage fucking terrible idea.

The 20% damage boost over non-chaos spells isn't enough of a boost to make up for the shit variance, imo. With a minimum damage of 1, the average damage per cast is always going to be half of the max value, making it actually lower than a non-chaos ability. Even 60-100 is better than 1-120, and 60-100 is still worse than the standard variance, I believe.

The signature being the only significant way to impact the chaos mechanic is kind of lame, manipulating it should be a central part of the playstyle/rotation.

edit: wait, according the numbers in the original TC post, the 20% boost is before the variance is changed, and the variance change actually increases the top end as well, so the average does work out to be reasonable. My bad. Still though, I would like more ways to mess with it.

Way too many people are only looking at how bad the rng has the potential of being, but it's never really like that in play. Played her with a full Chaos spec in various modes for well over an hour yesterday and at no point in time did I feel it was hampering my experience or kill speeds. Bosses and general trash/elites were all dying in normal periods of time. Hell, if I didn't know any better about how the Chaos mechanic worked, and wasn't paying attention to the damage numbers, I seriously wouldn't know she was dealing such variable amounts of damage.

Also Queen, you mention rng stacked with rng (in regards to crits/bruts), but the thing about SW is that she has so many small damage sources that a brut happening or happening for very little doesn't actually have any big impact on her. Now if this mechanic existed for Captain America, you'd totally have a point, as he deals damage in few but huge chunks. For SW it matters little though.

Right now her biggest problem spot is her signature. I think that's the thing that needs to be the focus of iteration as it makes a big impact on her specs, but as of right now has a painful minute long cooldown.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
You guys see the new Ultron mode here? http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/04...+twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

basically looks like a 5-man short Raid, more or less. I'm down.

This latest update will hit around the end of the month, just in time for a certain superhero movie (you can see our Avengers: Age of Ultron review here). All members of The Avengers will have new costumes to match their silver-screen counterparts, and will, for the first time in some cases, be available to try for free up until character level 10. You'll even get one Avenger fully unlocked for free, all the way to the level cap, and I know who my freebie is going to be.

So I guess we'll be able to choose a free Avenger when the update comes out? That's pretty cool, unless it's just talking about the starter hero that everyone gets already.

Anoregon

So I guess we'll be able to choose a free Avenger when the update comes out? That's pretty cool, unless it's just talking about the starter hero that everyone gets already.

I don't think so, I think it's more that the avengers are all going to be be made available as starters for new accounts.

There is still an avenger I don't have (cap) so I would love to be wrong, though.

Also, based on that IGN article, it looks like Vision has a tree very similar to Emma's pet tree, but focused on mechanical mobs instead of organic. That is unexpected.

Anoregon

Wolverine or Venom? Not a 'who's OP' more of a, 'who's more fun'

For me, it's Venom by a country mile. Wolverine never really clicked for me, while I've had a blast with Venom playing multiple specs.

Wolverine or Venom? Not a 'who's OP' more of a, 'who's more fun'

I'd say they're both pretty fun.

Venom has a more involved gameplay style with his powers that use up and regain health and ichor (spirit) while Wolverine is a lot more straight forward.

Honestly if you're eyeing up Wolverine but want fun go X-23, similar to Wolverine but with more flipping and movement.

I'd say they're both pretty fun.

Venom has a more involved gameplay style with his powers that use up and regain health and ichor (spirit) while Wolverine is a lot more straight forward.

Honestly if you're eyeing up Wolverine but want fun go X-23, similar to Wolverine but with more flipping and movement.

I'd actually say the opposite. Venom's gameplay is very straightforward, you don't need to think about what you're doing. On the flipside with Wolverine you're managing a priority system, based on cooldowns and resource available. Thinking about what power to use next actually nets you a noticeable DPS increase.

I'd actually say the opposite. Venom's gameplay is very straightforward, you don't need to think about what you're doing. On the flipside with Wolverine you're managing a priority system, based on cooldowns and resource available. Thinking about what power to use next actually nets you a noticeable DPS increase.

Really? I found Wolverine very easy to use but with Venom I had to make sure I was paying attention to me health and icor and on top of that remember which powers use and create what.

Admittedly I got him to lv60 and have mostly left him by the wayside and I assume that as you use him more what powers do what because second nature. I'd still say as a new hero though that Wolverine is easier.

Bunch of new/better pics of stuff for hype (and first Quicksilver pic!). Dat Cap costume man, sogood.gif
mh15aou009jpg-c2d92c.jpg

mh15aou012jpg-c2d92d.jpg

mh15aou01jpg-5c4f30.jpg

mh15aou05jpg-a24db4.jpg

mh15aou19jpg-5c4f35.jpg

mh15aou22jpg-5c4f36.jpg

mh15aoucomic06jpg-5c4f37.jpg

mh15aoucomic07jpg-c2d934.jpg

Anoregon

Movie vision has great graphical fidelity but kind of creeps me out. Will be buying him with splinters and sticking with classic.

KePoW

Banned
We got an Age of Apocalypse Iceman but still no Sunfire Enhanced skin for Human Torch.

They fucked up. They fucked up.

Hey buddie just saw ur GAF tagline... just wondering are you really Bill Laimbeer in real life? I saw a documentary one time where it showed him playing video games & liking comix

Dec

This is getting hopeless I've re-downloaded the game 4 times now and still I cannot even make it to the login screen. Just crashes before getting there. Is there any fix or do I have to wait till the patch?

Hey Fed I think you might have left the game open (or it failed to close) during a patch. Something didn't get updated and the game crashes as soon as the log in screen appear.s

Verify local files with Steam and it'll download like 400mb and work again.

Edit: Oh I didn't notice the re-install :X

I would delete your ini files in My Documents > My Games > Marvel Heroes to make sure the game is reset to default settings on next launch.

Update your pre reqs in steamapps > common > marvel heroes > InstallDependencies

Disable any overlays

Try the 32 bit client to see if it works.

Lanrutcon

Installed this on a whim.

Holy fucking shit have I been missing out. Bought the Winter Soldier and then spent the entire evening blowing shit up in Midtown. It's all loot and explosions and I don't even know.

Level 26 from the first time I booted the game O_O

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah I hate that Vision design too. It's awful. Don't know what they were thinking with that color scheme. Costume texture is terrible too. Blech.

Anoregon

TC with Vision available for download, looking forward to seeing impressions and vids!

Edit: It sounds like we are off to a standard Gaz start!

Vision is not good right now. He needs a lot of work.

Solar energy is fine, but the way you restore it is not. The spell cost reduction lowering the cooldown of his sig(like rapid reload) needs to be tweaked. The cooldown is still pretty long even with 27% reduction.

The solar energy costs definitely need to be lowered too. Right now you spend most of your time using his basic to lower the cooldown of his sig.

His melee tree is completely barebones and incomplete. You can't even make a pure melee spec with it. His ranged tree isn't much better but at least it has a dot.

Dec

Ok well I've never used the TC before but now seems like a fun time to start. I'm going to stream it if it decides to work tonight.

No audio or commentary since I have other stuff going on.

Looked at everything but the new mode I think.

Top Bottom