• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Couple thoughts from the Test Center:

1) Vision is better than negative exaggerations would have you believe. For a character that's over a week away from release, he is in a great place. Lots of time for all necessary tweaks to be made.

2) Ultron mode is better than I thought it was going to be, but it's tough to gauge difficulty and length due to many using the ridiculous test medallions alongside normal gear. The boss fights here have great mechanics that I'd like to see applied to future story/terminal bosses. That all being said, it's not a mode I see people being excited to play hundreds or thousands of times.

3) The AoU costumes are incredible and set a new standard for quality. Every Cap user (yes, every single one) is going to buy his, it's just that damn good. That artist deserves a raise and several rounds of beer. The Scarlet Witch costume looks so real it's freaky. It's straight up Elizabeth Olsen walking around in the game.

4) Vision can control Sentinels as pets, so expect to see them everywhere if that goes live.

LuuKyK

Couple thoughts from the Test Center:

1) Vision is better than negative exaggerations would have you believe. For a character that's over a week away from release, he is in a great place. Lots of time for all necessary tweaks to be made.

2) Ultron mode is better than I thought it was going to be, but it's tough to gauge difficulty and length due to many using the ridiculous test medallions alongside normal gear. The boss fights here have great mechanics that I'd like to see applied to future story/terminal bosses. That all being said, it's not a mode I see people being excited to play hundreds or thousands of times.

3) The AoU costumes are incredible and set a new standard for quality. Every Cap user (yes, every single one) is going to buy his, it's just that damn good. That artist deserves a raise and several rounds of beer. The Scarlet Witch costume looks so real it's freaky. It's straight up Elizabeth Olsen walking around in the game.

4) Vision can control Sentinels as pets, so expect to see them everywhere if that goes live.

The costumes are really good indeed. They improved their modelling a lot. Only thing I don't like about SW is that her hair kinda looks like dreads when up close, which is pretty weird.

Caps suit does indeed look amazing. The only complaint I have is perhaps I wish his face looked a bit more like Evans'.

They even managed to make Thors AoU costume awesome, compared to the abomination that was the first movie costume.

Installed this on a whim.

Holy fucking shit have I been missing out. Bought the Winter Soldier and then spent the entire evening blowing shit up in Midtown. It's all loot and explosions and I don't even know.

Level 26 from the first time I booted the game O_O

Yeah its a pretty good game.
This was the first online ARPG I ever played, so I spent ages playing Marvel Heroes at first. And that was way back when the game wasnt near as good as it is now.
Winter Soldier is a cool character too. I didnt think I'd like him as much as I did.

mileS

Yeah not sure what that means. They can't be releasing the new stuff this early can they? Eh probably. They are due to talk about the new team up system very soon.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I will be sporting a turret with a teleporter affix.

That is my favorite elite mob/ability combo.

I'm curious to see if the AI controlling abilities will actually be worth investing in. They seem kind of gimmicky/tacked on compared to Emma's stuff, and summons/minions as a game system still need a fairly hard look to be brought up to snuff with the rest of the game.

Do Rocket Rex's count as AI? I can't remember if I already have seen Emma's running around with them.

Moondrop

Banned
Do Rocket Rex's count as AI? I can't remember if I already have seen Emma's running around with them.
My Emma definitely dragged that T-Rex head around for a while before I found the T-Rex plus rider mob. But that doesn't mean that Vision won't be able to control it as well. We're kind of in a cyborg gray area, eh?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
is Vision confirmed hybrid btw? I can actually buy a power cosmic if so (then again ill need another one for Doom next month hmm)

also, after you get coulson, the only thing to get with omega drives is the box for a random artifact correct? I can also get one of those

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
is Vision confirmed hybrid btw? I can actually buy a power cosmic if so (then again ill need another one for Doom next month hmm)

He has energy (solar) abilities and physical (melee) abilities, yes.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
He has energy (solar) abilities and physical (melee) abilities, yes.

if its specific to melee and ranged thats less hybrid than I want, as Ill most likely be ranged with him

Anoregon

if its specific to melee and ranged thats less hybrid than I want, as Ill most likely be ranged with him

Well from what I can tell, he is sort of designed to force hybrid. At the moment, solar costs are very high, so the playstyle seems to assume you will be using melee abilities while regening solar power.

Rhaknar

Well from what I can tell, he is sort of designed to force hybrid. At the moment, solar costs are very high, so the playstyle seems to assume you will be using melee abilities while regening solar power.

ugh

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
It's why I'm hating their new hero releases and qol recently they are strapping dual mechanics to everyone and practically making u do certain things to make them worth while.

I also hate how some hero,s get punished for things then the next one uses that mechanic. Winter soldier had weaving which they stopped in testing of him then iceman practically uses weaving all thr time

It's why in some cases I actually liked hulk n cap there no bullshit there u can straight up do what u like.

Its why I'm dreading me marvel qol they seem hellbent on giving everyone dual mechanics which affect x n y

They dont seem to have a target guidance they just slap shit together n basically let the community tell them how to fix it

Lanrutcon

Any advice for a new player? Started yesterday, level 36 atm, no idea what to do each day. I've been spending most of my time in Midtown and doing some story stuff inbetween. There are a lot of vendors and currencies, and it's kind of confusing.

Any advice for a new player? Started yesterday, level 36 atm, no idea what to do each day. I've been spending most of my time in Midtown and doing some story stuff inbetween. There are a lot of vendors and currencies, and it's kind of confusing.

For vendors, probably donate to the crafter first to level him up. Then the enchanter should get donations.

Leveling is fastest by doing legendary quests which pop up after you hit level 20. Just keep chaining them to level 60. Story mode doesn't really have anything super-important other than some unlocks on specific quests on each difficulty.

inky

I'd finish the story at least once, then try all the other modes and do the ones you like.

Legendary quests and Daily quests will usually point you somewhere if you are unsure of where to go or what to do next. You can then try a new character, or try for 60 and gear up one of them for the tougher endgame portion.

Post #2 in this thread has a very basic guide of what's out there (albeit a bit outdated) in terms of currency and loot, and where to go.

DrBo42

Yo, Winter Soldier actually has a really fun kit (at least for ranged). I love the execute/kill refreshes execute/stealth mechanics. Throw in some range damage omegas and damage bonus to enemies that are unaware and it's awesome.

1) Go through Story mode at least once to unlock all the hubs, get a feel for the game, and rack up some nice bonuses.

2) Donate all unwanted gear to your crafter. Don't vendor them for credits, and don't even worry about leveling the other three vendors. Once your crafter is at rank 20, move on to the enchanter.

3) Don't keep any of the main four crafting materials that you don't need (enhanced genome, nanotech filament, astral essence, and ionic particle). These drop like candy later, and for very little cost you can break them down to all the other ranks from the top one (with the "pure" prefix).

4) Work on completing your three Shared Quests each day. They give you several currencies that you'll want to farm once you're 60, so it keeps you ahead of the game.

What's weaving?

Skill weaving to activate procs etc like Cyclops does with beams stance weaving with magneto and shatter /icickle weave with iceman

Not quite.

Weaving in this game is the result of Beam attacks functioning as DoTs and therefore being able to have their damage extended with Power Duration. All the Channeled Beam attacks various heroes have will continue to tick even after you've stopped channeling, usually for one tick. With enough Power Duration you can get another for a full second of extra damage while no longer using the power. So what you would do to make use of this is to fire off a Channeled Beam attack, even for just a half second, then switch to another Beam or Barrage attack for a second and then back to the first Beam. While doing your second attack, your first Beam would still be ticking for damage. So you alternate like this keeping your Beam ticks constantly going while weaving in your second power for some bonus damage, effectively giving you 50% more damage output (or in Cyclops's case, 100%, since he alternates between two Beams that never stop ticking!).

Rhaknar

Iceman is cool

BbgL7x3.gif

After jumping on the test centre I like where Vision is. One of the only recent heroes where I was happy with how he initially came out of the gate.

His high spirit costs for his energy powers seemed bad when I heard about it but mixing in his teleport or physical powers works well in my mind.

I'm not too happy with SW though. Unless I missed them her auras are all gone now. They may have been a bit much visually but I liked how they worked. I'm missing her big damage power (apart from sig) but I didn't try every power.

There is literally no reason to buy the new Hulk costume if you have the old one, it's just non-ripped trousers and a different shade of green.

And the new Thor costume, his face is so bad, got a close up look, surprised they let that one through.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Anyone who plays Winter Soldier ranged build.

Why are people saying to max Three Round Burst AND Withering Fire? I get Knife Throw for the debuff, but these two abilities seem to be counter productive to each other with the 1 second cooldown on Withering Fire. Is it something to do with combining Withering Fire with Three Round Burst's Enhanced Arsenal effect?

DrBo42

Why are people saying to max Three Round Burst AND Withering Fire? I get Knife Throw for the debuff, but these two abilities seem to be counter productive to each other with the 1 second cooldown on Withering Fire. Is it something to do with combining Withering Fire with Three Round Burst's Enhanced Arsenal effect?

Hmm. Can't say I'd recommend that. I can understand throwing one point on for areas you need an AoE clear more consistent than the sig but maxing it? I don't see it.

Ploid 3.0

Just hit 400 splinters. Get Iceman or save them for Doom? Choices.

Iceman, he's actually good and who knows how Doom will end up. If Doom end up being awesome and fun you can play a effective Iceman to get the extra splinters you need by the time Doom has been out for about a week to gauge if he's good/fun.

I really should have bought Iceman while I was saving up for She Hulk. Lesson learned, go with facts and not with character attachments.

Anoregon

Sale ends tomorrow, I haven't bought anything yet and I have 1100 or so G in my account so I am not sure if there are any costumes I want to grab (or even another $20 worth of G to add in with the 15% bonus)

I might get one of the cheap Scarlet Witch costumes just so she looks decent when I try out the review. I actually think her cheapest one is one of her better ones, so that could be worth the 225G.

Nobody should be doing that. Withering Fire is more for melee builds.

Moondrop

Banned
Yeah, they're probably proccing the Withering Fire bonus then spending spirit on Three Round Burst. Yawn.

For a more fun hybrid build, max withering fire, put zero points in three round burst, and go enhanced bionics for never-ending withering.

Top Bottom