• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so weird the attention that this patch is getting on several websites, when for us...its just another patch, business as usual >_>

dat Avengers marketing

inky

so weird the attention that this patch is getting on several websites, when for us...its just another patch, business as usual >_>

dat Avengers marketing

This game got "too flagship" for its own good. Probably by virtue of being the only Marvel game out there that doesn't outright just suck (that isn't some F2P mobile app anyway).

Well, I'm not entirely serious. I've yet to feel the added attention has been detrimental to the game per se, but it has been a weird ride from that awful low 60's release a couple of years ago.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
This game got "too flagship" for its own good. Probably by virtue of being the only Marvel game out there that doesn't outright just suck (that isn't some F2P mobile app anyway).

Well, I'm not entirely serious. I've yet to feel the added attention has been detrimental to the game per se, but it has been a weird ride from that awful low 60's release a couple of years ago.

there was no buzz for the winter soldier, iceman or she hulk patches. this patch it sounds like its MH 2015 all over again, when it really...isnt, its just another patch

there was no buzz for the winter soldier, iceman or she hulk patches. this patch it sounds like its MH 2015 all over again, when it really...isnt, its just another patch

They're specifically doing a push to bring in a lot of new players. Avengers AoU isn't an ordinary movie release, and the hype will carry a lot of the public to look for more Marvel to digest. Regular chararcter patches mean little in comparison.

So how did She-hulk turn out? You guys are still talking about Iceman so....

Lol She-Hulk

SmugFox

So I haven't played this game in about a year, and so I went ahead and picked up Juggernaut because he looked like a cool character to play. Man, is he a fun character or what?! I'm just dropping elbows all day in midtown! I'll need to join the GAF guild once I get this guy to 60.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe the marketing push will bring in new players and money and they can hire some fuckin' competent programmers and back-end people to fix their fuckin' production pipeline or whatever

Rhaknar

Maybe the marketing push will bring in new players and money and they can hire some fuckin' competent programmers and back-end people to fix their fuckin' production pipeline or whatever

laughing-hyur.gif

KePoW

Banned

gaz definitely needs better coders

either that or change the hero release schedule to once every 2 months

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
ultron spawns added to icp and midtown now

also civilians in midtown who can be saved have this

u2MtAko.jpg

they are going to change it to something better but wanted to get something in for now

theres a new portal inside midtown which is going to be a trial to make sure your ready for cosmic version heres the latest

The current thinking is it will be a solo raid encounter experience, scaled appropriately. So like going through a raid encounter on your own.

There's still a lot of work on the ground to be done, however, so while we have some ideas now, it's quite possible that could change, even radically.

Had a bit of a play on Vision yesterday. Don't mind his look and style, but bummed there's none of the "flashy" stuff from Avengers AI or anything in his power pack.

Love his movement/TP powers though.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Marvel Gaf we have a new member

qBtb.jpg

in other not so important news because our latest addition is much more important, iron man will hopefully get his uniques looked at within the week

Assuming these can be done in a short amount of time, I am going to look at these most likely within the next week.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
After slacking off for a while, I got Thor and Winter Soldier to 60 this week. Nothing like nice weather and seeing pictures of an ex with another dude to make you want to sit inside and play video games all day!

Teggy

Wow, they have added a lot of stuff to this game since I last checked in.

However, that has not included fixing X-23s face on 4 of her 5 costumes. Have they ever given an explanation for the difference?

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member

However, that has not included fixing X-23s face on 4 of her 5 costumes. Have they ever given an explanation for the difference?

More than likely because she was a 2 year free time project. Taskmaster is in same boat doesn't get much love but he does get a qol soon

Drayco21

All their original NPC models look terrible. X-23 and Doctor Strange just had the misfortune of theirs being made defaults when they were made playable- they both are in desperate need of a go-over.

Rhaknar

At least they are in the game unlike certain other scarlet characters...

Vecks

Some of those costumes (or all of them?) for x-23 were done a long time ago, since we had that leak of her costume images from way before her release. From what I understand, over the years their artists come and go. Some of the earlier costumes were done by artists that aren't around anymore, and launch costumes in general weren't of very good quality, so her costumes might have been a consequence of that.

Rhaknar

That Spider-Family Advance Pack is totally coming, and Kaine will have his day in time.

your 12 favorite spider family characters

Spider Gwen
Steel Spider
Spider Ham
Carnage
Agent Venom
Spider Woman
Spider Girl
Spider Man 2099
Miles Morales
Zombie Spiderman
Spiderman Noir
Spider Man but it's really Daredevil in the costume

Did I forget any?

Drayco21

Where you been hiding?

I took seven courses this semester, and we're in crunch time leading to finals; I'll be much more thorough in bitching about alternate character costumes and mutie genetrash in another couple weeks, I'm sure.

your 12 favorite spider family characters

Spider Gwen
Steel Spider
Spider Ham
Carnage
Agent Venom
Spider Woman
Spider Girl
Spider Man 2099
Miles Morales
Zombie Spiderman
Spiderman Noir
Spider Man but it's really Daredevil in the costume

Did I forget any?

I actually want like half of those characters playable.

Counting Spider-Woman as a Spider-Man character weirdly gets me more than intentionally leaving Kaine of the list.

Teggy

All their original NPC models look terrible. X-23 and Doctor Strange just had the misfortune of theirs being made defaults when they were made playable- they both are in desperate need of a go-over.

Is there an x-23 npc somewhere in the game? I've never noticed it.

Drayco21

Is there an x-23 npc somewhere in the game? I've never noticed it.

She's outside the X-Mansion, I think she might be one of the NPCs you had to talk to for the Xavier's School History sidequest or whatever where you also had to talk to the Rogue NPC. She was always right by the one kid getting bullied that you could net an XP bonus from by scaring away the bullies.

Teggy

She's outside the X-Mansion, I think she might be one of the NPCs you had to talk to for the Xavier's School History sidequest or whatever where you also had to talk to the Rogue NPC. She was always right by the one kid getting bullied that you could net an XP bonus from by scaring away the bullies.

Lol, I only did that quest once the very first time I played the story, so I probably forgot.

Looks like we're getting the AoU pack of costumes with the patch today. AoU Vision isn't part of it of course, but oddly enough, Iron Man's Mark 43 isn't either. Hulkbuster will be taking its place.

I swear if they put the Mark 43 in a card...

Carcetti

Marvel Heroes GAF, help! I have a ton of characters on about level 50ish but I've managed to get only 3 of them to 60 ast the last 10 levels of xp grind kill me inside and now I'm missing those sweet xp bonuses. What's the best way to soldier through the 50-60 in the least amount of time possible?

Moondrop

Banned
Marvel Heroes GAF, help! I have a ton of characters on about level 50ish but I've managed to get only 3 of them to 60 ast the last 10 levels of xp grind kill me inside and now I'm missing those sweet xp bonuses. What's the best way to soldier through the 50-60 in the least amount of time possible?
- Most important is an event with good XP boosts and XP reward chests, e.g. Odin's Bounty. Don't think we know what event is starting later today though.
- Without an event on, Legendary quests. If you have the credits, keep skipping all those that can't be done in Midtown/ICP/easy terminals.
- Cyclops synergy (10%)
- Pot of Gold legendary (10%), though not as helpful if you haven't been using it while leveling.
- Rune word with Seer's Brilliance (1%)
- And you can turn in your cube shards for fortune cards to get XP boosts.

KePoW

Banned
Looks like we're getting the AoU pack of costumes with the patch today. AoU Vision isn't part of it of course, but oddly enough, Iron Man's Mark 43 isn't either. Hulkbuster will be taking its place.

I swear if they put the Mark 43 in a card...

what's Mark 43 ??

KePoW

Banned

Legendary quests, re-roll the bad story ones

Doesn't take long

Carcetti

- Most important is an event with good XP boosts and XP reward chests, e.g. Odin's Bounty. Don't think we know what event is starting later today though.
- Without an event on, Legendary quests. If you have the credits, keep skipping all those that can't be done in Midtown/ICP/easy terminals.
- Cyclops synergy (10%)
- Pot of Gold legendary (10%), though not as helpful if you haven't been using it while leveling.
- Rune word with Seer's Brilliance (1%)
- And you can turn in your cube shards for fortune cards to get XP boosts.

Sweet, thanks. I think I got a pile of those pots around, just got Cyke to 50 and I forgot I have lots of cube shards. This might be doable, after all!

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I took seven courses this semester, and we're in crunch time leading to finals; I'll be much more thorough in bitching about alternate character costumes and mutie genetrash in another couple weeks, I'm sure.

Marvel's efforts to shuffle the X-men away know no bounds! For shame!

for reals though that me me lol.

Top Bottom