• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Patch notes are up.

http://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/192280/marvel-heroes-2015-1-47-patch-notes?new=1

Avengers Take Over the Starting Screen

As part of the Countdown to Age of Ultron, the starting hero lineup now features the core 6 Avengers!

For existing player, you can now play these heroes up to level 10!

50% XP Boost for The Avengers

Black Widow, Captain America, Hawkeye, Hulk, Iron Man, and Thor will all receive a 50% server-side XP bonus during the Countdown to Age of Ultron!

This bonus will now be display in your conditions panel in it’s own page labeled “Server”.

Ultron Approaches!

Ultron Sentries are starting to appear in Midtown and Industry City Patrol, as sign that Ultron is not far behind.

Both Widow's and Hawkeye's updates are in this patch.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
oh shit

tumblr_mc8vh1fTG41rhxogso1_1280.jpg

Indignate

Ok.

Hold on.

I'll explain.

People hate Gambit and say he's just a two dimensional crap character and that he hasn't evolved ever since his introduction.

I'm using that as a metaphor for the new Iron Man suit(s).

They're all the fuckin same.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I just hope Hawkeye is better/more fun enough for me to actually play him. Heven't liked him at all in the past.

Ok.

Hold on.

I'll explain.

People hate Gambit and say he's just a two dimensional crap character and that he hasn't evolved ever since his introduction.

All the same?

Iron Man 1

Iron Man 2

Iron Man 3

And that's not including all the crazy look-nothing-like-normal armors from IM3's Iron Legion.

I just hope Hawkeye is better/more fun enough for me to actually play him. Heven't liked him at all in the past.

He's definitely better gameplay-wise. Numbers still need tuning though.

Dec

Is Hawkeye very different now??

He plays fairly similar.

I am not sure yet how best to build him as I only really played him for 45 minutes or so on the test client. He basically has no spirit issues now, has a sprint, a new cooldown ability and a toggle to make boomerang arrow and the charge arrow deal 2x damage but have an 8s cooldown like Punisher's RPG.

Aside from that the improvements come from tuning, his crits and brutals applying a bleed for nice layering, and his trick arrows randomly being used in normal rotation (2% chance when you use an archery ability that a random trick arrow that you have at least 1 point in fires off, maybe this % scales with points in the trick arrow I didn't notice).

The other major buffs were his signature having a reduced cooldown and his melee build hopefully becoming viable, if you care to use it.

I have not had enough time to know what trick arrows you want to use yourself, rather than rely on the proc. I imagine the arrow that applies vulnerability would be too unreliable as a proc, and frozen arrow might be something you want to 1 point and use yourself as well.

Overall I think he plays extremely similarly but with improved layering, tuning, MUCH more tanky, and much improved uniques.

It seems pretty easy to get 50s in his abilities with all 69 uniques.

One thing to note is that his slot 4 is a melee item, so you still need batrocs for a range build. Melee build would demand a lot of any hero items I would think.

Edit: His slot 2 that everyone used, even for range builds is now a melee item. You need to use his range one if you want to go a range build now.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
If we're gonna go by the character dialogues in this game every single character is a giant piece of shit who deserves to be shot into the sun

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
I can confirm that we are remaining fully lore-accurate to Rogue regarding her ability to steal powers and memories, which does not work on non-organic creatures. Vision and Ultron are both off-limits for Rogue.

lol but mandarin ?

Dec

Someone's been playing the inferior Hawkeye ;)

I actually play as kate, but I don't know what to refer to HE as when discussing him. I just go with he because most of his costumes are male and most people will be playing as male.

Ok.

Hold on.

I'll explain.

???? I own almost all the Iron Man skins, they all have a different style, but I'm also a crazy IM nut.

My favorite will always be MKI with max size increase. Cooler than Hulkbuster, IMO.

Sblargh

Banned
Avengers 2 is soooooo good. I mean, goddamn it. I mean, god fucking damn it.

I'll be honest. I went kind of expecting that this is where the MCU house of cards finally comes crumbling down. Man, now it is a goddamn empire of cards stretching all the way accross the universe.

I'm baffled!
BAFFLED!
By how good this movie is.

Marvel movies. Man. It's like... I'm happy to be alive to see them. Legit feels.

KePoW

Banned
Avengers 2 is soooooo good. I mean, goddamn it. I mean, god fucking damn it.

I'll be honest. I went kind of expecting that this is where the MCU house of cards finally comes crumbling down. Man, now it is a goddamn empire of cards stretching all the way accross the universe.

I'm baffled!
BAFFLED!
By how good this movie is.

Marvel movies. Man. It's like... I'm happy to be alive to see them. Legit feels.

um how did u legally see it already???

also why haven't u been playing games recently broski?? wat u been doing?

Moondrop

Banned
I'm crashing repeatedly at the log-in screen. I've tried repairing the files and toggling the 32/64 bit client button. Probably a bad sign that my login still depicts Winter Soldier. Good times.

I'm crashing repeatedly at the log-in screen. I've tried repairing the files and toggling the 32/64 bit client button. Probably a bad sign that my login still depicts Winter Soldier. Good times.
If you have an edited INI you need to update it to the avengers login.

What I did was:

Changed INI to .bak
Let the game create a new INI (game should load fine)
Open up new INI
Copy the first section with the Avengers info
Paste over the Winter Soldier info in old INI (change bak to .ini)

Should load fine then.

Dec

I actually unintentionally side stepped that bug I guess, I went back to a default ini this patch since they have improved the asset streaming a lot lately.

Sblargh

Banned
um how did u legally see it already???

also why haven't u been playing games recently broski?? wat u been doing?

It has officially launched here. Sorry you live you in a country where you have to wait an extra week for your marvel movies. :(

Also, I have been consumed by ESO, you know, that game you recommended me, but never ever logs in.

KePoW

Banned
It has officially launched here. Sorry you live you in a country where you have to wait an extra week for your marvel movies. :(

Also, I have been consumed by ESO, you know, that game you recommended me, but never ever logs in.

ah okay ESO is kool, I haven't seen you posting in that thread so I thought you weren't playing games in general recently

If I haven't unlocked a starter yet, can I wait until all the Avengers are added as starters and unlock one of them?

The way the devs have talked about it it seems so. When the patch goes live the Avengers will become possible starters for all so as long as you haven't unlocked anyone by then you should be able to grab one.

Lanrutcon

The way the devs have talked about it it seems so. When the patch goes live the Avengers will become possible starters for all so as long as you haven't unlocked anyone by then you should be able to grab one.

Excellent! I bought Winter Solider when I started a few days ago and haven't played anything else since. I'd love to unlock Iron Man cause my lil nephew is nuts about him.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so where the fuck is Xavier now? hes not in the usual spot and I want to hand in this quest

Top Bottom