• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Is there no alternate costume for Vision in the Advance Pack?

Not for another eight hours. Silly Marvel legal stuff.

Alright, Age of Ultron mode is for well geared groups only, if you go in with randoms it's complete garbage. What happens is basically that you can see fairly early if your group is going to get gold for the first phase or not. If not people are just leaving meaning the rest is fucked. The loot is a joke for silver (got one bad costume core and two cosmic items for the whole thing) and gold wasn't much better. You get one unique for every gold but if you're at the point where you're getting gold you already have your uniques. The only reason to do it is that unique artifacts can drop and that you get commendations. Not a fan.

Unless you have near perfect uniques, having a guaranteed way to get more is always welcome. You also really don't need to have uniques to get gold, so it still is a good way to fill up gaps.

Altairre

So it's like every other mode in the game then

If you're at that point just do raids for commendations. No other choice for the artifacts though which sucks because my Iceman can really use the summoner one. It's also hilarious that you don't even have to avoid most of the big attacks of the Ultron drones in phase 3 if you have medkit invulnerability. Just pop it once the indicator appears and hammer away because it's not worth the dps loss. There is enough time for it to recharge before the next big attack.

Fair warning for people using a Disruption build on Scarlet Witch: Iron Maiden is bugged. You don't get credit for kills that result from that ability.

I'm sticking with Decimation, but that's a nasty bug.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Fair warning for people using a Disruption build on Scarlet Witch: Iron Maiden is bugged. You don't get credit for kills that result from that ability.

I'm sticking with Decimation, but that's a nasty bug.

Because they are killing themselves I guess. Meh another reason to drop that spell from my mix build

styl3s

Not for another eight hours. Silly Marvel legal stuff.

Unless you have near perfect uniques, having a guaranteed way to get more is always welcome. You also really don't need to have uniques to get gold, so it still is a good way to fill up gaps.
Beyond silly considering they aren't trying to hide the fact he's in the movie or even what he looks like in the movie. You can buy all sorts of toys, masks and costumes based on the movie version and you can get movie costumes of the other avengers.

Who is the best spell caster as of right now that is super viable at end game type stuff but also viable at soloing stuff? I am on the fence between Scarlet and Iceman right now.

Altairre

It's nice to have the achievements that guarantee you the boss artifact after a certain number of runs. I'm farming the headband for SW and got to 101/300 runs today. One way or another I'll get it soon(ish).

Indignate

It's nice to have the achievements that guarantee you the boss artifact after a certain number of runs. I'm farming the headband for SW and got to 101/300 runs today. One way or another I'll get it soon(ish).

I have to imagine that for most of those (if not all of them), you'll get the item before the achievment.

But then again Dec has done Red Skull like 2200 times.

I do like this too.

There are a bunch I've never had, Zolas, Adv. Circlet, Hyde's - so it will be nice to get one eventually (even if it takes months to get the 300 for me these days lol)..

Drayco21

Just got back from the local Age of Ultron opening; didn't expect it to win me over as well as it did, but holy shit it was great. Looking forward to eventually playing as Vision.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Loki Agent of Asgard is so good that I want a young Loki costume bad now

Rhaknar

I want black cat already. who is next?

Doom, then most likely Ant Man(is he actually official yet?)

edit: Vision movie costume is live, and its even worse than I expected, good lord. will be blended asap

edit: so... Vision. he's weird. I wont outright say he's bad, but he's definately lacking something. He has no melee filler (unless you count the basic and I hate putting points into basics, I dont even know why), and you cant really use a energy filler because you need spirit for the toggle. Plus none of the energy spells really fit into a melee playstyle as filler. Not to mention that he is basically a copy of emma frost, who is far from being the best hero in the game. I dunno, I think he needs some work and will probably get a QOL soon. He's definately midling, and along with Shulkie and Bucky being outright bad (in my opinion of course) you have a super disapointing advance pack so far

also, whos bright idea was to put the big blanket AOE that 99% of heroes have early on to level with at level 47...like wtf?

oh and the density toggle seems completely pointless, i must be missing something but the spells seem to do the same dmg, the 4sec cd big hitter changes to always bruts, but loses the 75% crit/brut dmg, so in the long run it seems like a worse choice (hell my crits while phasic are almost as big as the bruts while I have the density on because of the 75%), the 8sec aoe loses the targetability and looks worse, the teleport becomes a dash so ugh... the only thing that seems to get a big boost is the basic, but, well, its a basic. Im sure im missing something but yeah, seems pointless. speaking of that 8sec cd aoe, for a 8sec cd spell it sure hits like a wet noodle :/

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
You're meant to use the basic as filler for melee and Phase Shift whenever it's available, I think. phase shifting increases its damage considerably. This is the build I settled on, it's not min-maxed or anything but it seemed most intuitive for a melee build. http://marvelheroes.info/builds/gen...:1070_pt:20:1:1:20:20:1:1:20:20:20:20:1:1:1:1

Solar Flare > Surface of the Sun > sig > Comeuppance > Physical Disruption > Phase Shift > Comeuppance > Physical Disruption > basic (hold down as filler)

is basically the rotation I use. I agree his leveling experience is.... lackluster, he didn't come together for me at all until I unlocked Surface of the Sun and it's bizarre that his one damage layer unlocks so late. But I think his kit is solid, if a little one-dimensional.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Yeah, Melee vision is absolutely a "max the basic" build. If you are against that on principle then.... whatever, but the build is totally designed around/supports it.

It does suck that you don't get the awesome ground AoE until 47 though. At least you get the solar toggle at 32, which is when the melee build starts to shine.

Rhaknar

huh, I didnt realise that the buff to the basic is only when you switch stances... that actually makes it more interesting as it makes you switch constantly. that also explains why the other moves dont really do more or less dmg with or without density... interesting.

respecced for it now, dropped the pet aura spell (like Emma, that REALLY should just be a part of the mind control, like the active part after you have a pet)

He's definately midling, and along with Shulkie and Bucky being outright bad (in my opinion of course) you have a super disapointing advance pack so far

The day Iron Fist drops, it becomes the greatest value of all time.

Yay for achievements. I have stuffs to do when I log in now!

I shouldn't agree with that sentiment, but I absolutely do. The reward caches are a great touch, and I've already received some very nice swag from them. I'm approaching the whole system as being a bonus to stuff I'm already working on, but I could see a bunch of folks going achievement hunting.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I've seen story mode content that I probably haven't seen in a year thanks to achievements. At least there's a reason to go there again. The treasure room achievements are annoying though, the rooms don't always spawn and there's no way to switch to a different instance afaik. Some of the public events were bugged out for me too, like there was no event starting in the Ruined Projects at all.

I just got to 60 with Vision and my biggest problem is that dash and density shift drop the punch targetting. If they can't fix that, make the 3sec punch a 'gap closer'. Allied with invisibility, chasing becomes clunky.

Bladelaw

I've seen story mode content that I probably haven't seen in a year thanks to achievements. At least there's a reason to go there again. The treasure room achievements are annoying though, the rooms don't always spawn and there's no way to switch to a different instance afaik. Some of the public events were bugged out for me too, like there was no event starting in the Ruined Projects at all.

If you go to a hub and swap difficulties it should give you a new instance. Had to do that when I went Easter hunting.

Vecks

e5dfrps.png
Just noticed this.

Ploid 3.0

Gazillion spending money to market the Avengers Age of Ultron MMO ARPG. Good move. I wish they could have got a ad before the movie, but that would be too expensive I'm sure.

It don't show up on the sides for me, just the top border and the square in the center. The layout just fits to screen on the width so nothing can be seen no matter what I do.

I have the same ad pop up. I was pretty excited.

We should plan another general gaming thread for the 2nd anniversary if they have an equally big event for it.

Lord Phol

Anyone found a good way/place to farm gold room chests?

Edit: Someone on the forums recommended the brewhouse in chapter 8 because it has two chests.

Vecks

I have the same ad pop up. I was pretty excited.

We should plan another general gaming thread for the 2nd anniversary if they have an equally big event for it.

I'm not expecting anything for this year. IIRC, last year they were constantly hyping up the big anniversary event. This year it doesn't seem like they are talking about it at all.

Moondrop

Banned
How is winter soldier now? Worth it?
I really enjoyed him, nice mix of melee and ranged with power levels that feel canon-appropriate. Nice mechanics on skills that activate while stealthed. But I would recommend a build that is counter to what the tooltips seem to suggest- enhanced arsenal so you have no cooldowns on his ranged spirit dump or melee execute->stealth skills.

Altairre

Alright I got my mental headband after exactly 268 cosmic Modok runs. The droprate in this game... Did the remaining 32 as well to get a second one for the achievement. Now I don't want to farm Modok ever again.

Top Bottom