• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

inky

New Hulkbuster looks like when someone mods a modern game costume into an older game. Old Hulkbuster for life.

Vision's colors are off. Ugh, I miss my SweetFX config.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
captain marvel enhanced from blender hehe

also lol at the +1 to all skills startech bug on scarlet

Doubt anyone will but don't forget to log on today to get the free costume for Iron Man. I'll be busy most of the day so I hopped on to get it before going to sleep.

Figured a reminder might be good for the folks that haven't been hopping on as much recently but still check the thread.

KePoW

Banned
Doubt anyone will but don't forget to log on today to get the free costume for Iron Man. I'll be busy most of the day so I hopped on to get it before going to sleep.

Figured a reminder might be good for the folks that haven't been hopping on as much recently but still check the thread.

heck ya thx for reminder!

Dec

I found Reed to be super fun to play and did not mind leveling him to 60. He was one of my first ones, even.

Ya I enjoyed it and think he's fun, just not great anymore.

I think the problems leveling up stem from the fact that a lot of his required rotational abilities aren't unlocked until very high level, one or two even after level 50. He can't use a proper rotation without them. I think he is needing of a leveling build, unlike other heroes. His level 60 rotation isn't available until it is too late to matter and that is likely what a lot of people follow when they decide to try him.

I expected the worst when I leveled him a long time ago but was extremely surprised with how enjoyable it was.

Unfortunately his style isn't really suited to much now. He was the king of x-defense but at this point others have come along later in the power creep curve and x-defense isn't a mode that anyone plays anymore. His travel power is awful so he requires a zigg to rush effectively and a lot of other heroes have better options for travel and he isn't powerful enough when it comes to killing bosses to outpace new/updated heroes there either.

I still enjoy his abilities very much. He is unique and funny to play.

Unfortunately his style isn't really suited to much now. He was the king of x-defense but at this point others have come along later in the power creep curve and x-defense isn't a mode that anyone plays anymore.
This is an awful thing for me to come back to btw.

Are they doing anything to make holosim/xdef useful again? The game lacks variety in content as it is and outside of raids those were the only real multiplayer modes.

You can't really chase that MMO pipe dream without some kind of small group content. If anything they need more of it rather than large scale endgame stuff. Soloable instances that can be grouped don't count in my book. If they're going to do that they need a good scaling system that increases the difficulty with more players.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
ended up enjoying Vision in the final few levels. Still not one of my favorites but at least I like him now. He's the first hero in AGES that I couldnt manage to fully gear (as in his 5 uniques) as soon as I got to 60 tho, used up all my cheevo and midtown boxes and never got the slot 1. oh well

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Like doomsaw said before they didnt release other things because they didnt wanna deter from ultron related things. I'm guguessing now it's moving on they will go in full hype mode for anniversary and Dr doom who will suck because they still need to fix lots of summon shit

Just starting to enjoy Vision - at level 52.

Found him squishy and doing very little damage for most of the leveling, but after about 5 Retcons, I'm pretty happy with my current build and power selection and feel like I'm doing a bit of damage now too.

Looking forward to 60 where I can gear him up.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Just starting to enjoy Vision - at level 52.

Found him squishy and doing very little damage for most of the leveling, but after about 5 Retcons, I'm pretty happy with my current build and power selection and feel like I'm doing a bit of damage now too.

Looking forward to 60 where I can gear him up.

squishy is the one thing I never found him while lvling, especially coming off She Hulk

edit: just did that AoU think with Vision, got gold on all phases except the first one. to be fair I didnt know exactly what I was doing there. So it didnt seem THAT hard to get gold overall tbh. got 3 uniques in the end, none of which the slot 1 I needed, but after some exchanging of dupes I finally got it. its really good too. Vision is actually really growing on me, I like the density change thing, keeps the rotation fresh

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Ok so putting 1 point in chaos warp is like beast mode scarlet literally thrashes everything but bosses instantly and with her spirit regen u cannot lose any.

This skill is dam crazy now u can move with and easily the best aoe trash clear like I was asking for other day.

I dont have all her uniquess the ones I have are grade 63 stillnor a legendary leveled up and I'm just beasting bosses nearly as quick as my fully geared cap whos wearing grade 69.

She really is insane

styl3s

So as someone who mostly just plays to level up and prestige but hasn't done any of the "end game" stuff like raiding, where do i go to farm for gear? Or what do i do to get the gear? I am not at 4 cosmic prestiges and and everyone i have is 60 so i figure once i get Scarlet 60 (got Iceman yesterday) it's time i start gearing my favorites and trying out some of the raid stuff.

Will probably end up playing Cap, Ice and Scar with Cap being my main.

I tried Cosmic Midtown with She Hulk last night for the first time and got smashed pretty hard.
Next time Im going to try a more ranged/hit and run strategy with suitcase throw>leg slide>barbell smash>elbow drop>run away and recover. I might have to run away and recover early if I dont have the health to get through the whole set of attacks.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Should I keep my coffer of achievement for when I'm a higher level? Or is it safe to use on a level 10?

Also, I have over 500 splinters. Anyone you'd recommend? I'm levelling Cyclops atm.

Been months since I last played, Cyc isnt even level 10 yet and I can't remember the fastest way to level :(

KePoW

Banned
So as someone who mostly just plays to level up and prestige but hasn't done any of the "end game" stuff like raiding, where do i go to farm for gear? Or what do i do to get the gear? I am not at 4 cosmic prestiges and and everyone i have is 60 so i figure once i get Scarlet 60 (got Iceman yesterday) it's time i start gearing my favorites and trying out some of the raid stuff.

Will probably end up playing Cap, Ice and Scar with Cap being my main.

if there's no special Event going on, I think normal ICP is best

you can try Cosmic versions of Midtown or ICP, but I'm guessing that might be too hard for your characters at the moment

KePoW

Banned
Should I keep my coffer of achievement for when I'm a higher level? Or is it safe to use on a level 10?

Also, I have over 500 splinters. Anyone you'd recommend? I'm levelling Cyclops atm.

Been months since I last played, Cyc isnt even level 10 yet and I can't remember the fastest way to level :(

Don't waste any coffers or other item rewards on non-60s. Leveling is very fast in this game

Fastest way is either Holo-Sim or Midtown from 1 to 20. Then Legendary Quests all the way to 60

Rhaknar

Ok so putting 1 point in chaos warp is like beast mode scarlet literally thrashes everything but bosses instantly and with her spirit regen u cannot lose any.

This skill is dam crazy now u can move with and easily the best aoe trash clear like I was asking for other day.

I dont have all her uniquess the ones I have are grade 63 stillnor a legendary leveled up and I'm just beasting bosses nearly as quick as my fully geared cap whos wearing grade 69.

She really is insane

why 1 point when you can put 20 o/

it drops gear so save it until 60

Because it's for trash mobs waste of 19 points. Which os viable else where I'll post my build later

Dual specs!

I have one that's set up like this for cosmics, one-shots, etc.
gkF4sgx.png

Then I have my OMGWTF build for easy farming of dailies, kill quest achievements, etc. I drop Obfuscation down to 1 point, and max Chaos Warp instead. It's hilariously OP. You literally fly all around the map as a giant red sphere of AOE death and clear everything out by holding down a single button. It's absurdly strong, is sustainable indefinitely, and trashes everything.

For the record, I've been playing this game since test phase pre-launch, and Scarlet Witch is the most complete character I've tried. She is durable, has zero resource management problems, does a ton of area and single target damage, has a teleport, has a strong defensive passive/active, her signature literally wipes the max of everything on it except for bosses, and the artwork on her skills is beyond incredible.

Chaos Warp is measuring stick for all skill animations going forward. It's ridiculous. I imagine non-Wanda players are disabling or turning down the VFX for other players, cause it takes up 1/3 of the screen.

Don't get me started on how her signature activates the Legion charges in the Omega tree. With over 33% power duration and a tiny bit of creative gearing choices, you get the following buffs with 100% uptime: +10 all attributes, +10 intelligence, +10 strength, and +10 durability. That's right...+20 to intelligence. It's...insane.

Let's say Captain America is a 9/10. That puts Scarlet at 9.5/10 post her review.

http://forums.marvelheroes.com/disc...witch-guide-by-cerneris-updated-for-52-review

KePoW

Banned
Then I have my OMGWTF build for easy farming of dailies, kill quest achievements, etc. I drop Obfuscation down to 1 point, and max Chaos Warp instead. It's hilariously OP. You literally fly all around the map as a giant red sphere of AOE death and clear everything out by holding down a single button. It's absurdly strong, is sustainable indefinitely, and trashes everything.

For the record, I've been playing this game since test phase pre-launch, and Scarlet Witch is the most complete character I've tried. She is durable, has zero resource management problems, does a ton of area and single target damage, has a teleport, has a strong defensive passive/active, her signature literally wipes the max of everything on it except for bosses, and the artwork on her skills is beyond incredible.

Chaos Warp is measuring stick for all skill animations going forward. It's ridiculous. I imagine non-Wanda players are disabling or turning down the VFX for other players, cause it takes up 1/3 of the screen.

Don't get me started on how her signature activates the Legion charges in the Omega tree. With over 33% power duration and a tiny bit of creative gearing choices, you get the following buffs with 100% uptime: +10 all attributes, +10 intelligence, +10 strength, and +10 durability. That's right...+20 to intelligence. It's...insane.

Let's say Captain America is a 9/10. That puts Scarlet at 9.5/10 post her review.

man u love Scarlet Witch like krazy

Gothos

After his unique review DD is so much better. With Twilight Fragment my TTK is at 1:15, with 1500 Omega and he has really nice survivabilirty now. And I still need to get this Slot 5 unique. I guess he'll be my main now :p

Teggy

I had already managed to forget, so thank you.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!

Who do you have/who are you interested in grabbing?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'd definitely say Venom, he's my fav. I also still can't find a spec of hawkeye that makes leveling not painful, so I am biased.

You guys don't suck yet. I posted in the wrong thread, oops.

I was wondering why everyone was telling me to play X-23 when I said I didn't want to play her, but then I saw I never posted here.

Rhaknar

thank god I never asked for advice in this thread on who to get, good lord

Anoregon

Nova is one of the three current characters I don't have.

X23 is one of the others.

Top Bottom