• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Rafy

So I am downloading this game and it's going to be my first time ever playing it. What character should I go with? I usually play DPS

So I am downloading this game and it's going to be my first time ever playing it. What character should I go with? I usually play DPS

Currently you can choose from any of the Avengers as your starting hero. I'm not sure if the previous starters are still available someone else would have to say.

Out of the ones I know are starters though you can't go wrong with Captain America or Hulk.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42

Get Captain America or Hulk as your starting hero and then get Scarlet Witch when you get enough splinters (in-game currency that lets you buy heroes). You'll get 400 the second day you log in I think, and Scarlet Witch costs 200 splinters, so you'll still have some left.

ok gotcha

I'm trying to find out if they're any fellow azn posters here in GAF MARVEL HEROES

I'm also Asian.

Thanks for all the advice peeps, I'll fire it up as soon as I pickup some dinner. I've decided on Cap.
I'd advise to play all of the available starters to lvl 10 just got get an idea of them, but Cap (or Hulk) is certainly a great choice (both are top tier heroes). I also agree with the suggestion of getting Wanda using Splinters. She's fantastic now and is only a 200 Splinter hero, so she's not worth using the free uncap for when you can use it on a more expensive hero instead.

Rafy

ok so what should I use the 400 splinters I get on day 2? Get Wanda plus another 200 splinter hero or save the currency for another hero? If the latter which do you suggest in the more expensive tier? I was looking at Iron Man and that Hulk Buster skin is so freaking cool looking!

ok so what should I use the 400 splinters I get on day 2? Get Wanda plus another 200 splinter hero or save the currency for another hero? If the latter which do you suggest in the more expensive tier? I was looking at Iron Man and that Hulk Buster skin is so freaking cool looking!

Juggs and Venom are two great 400 splinter heroes, Iceman isn't too bad eiher.

Keep in mind that Iron Man is 600 splinters so you'll need to farm some more splinters if you want him for free.

Rafy

Juggs and Venom are two great 400 splinter heroes, Iceman isn't too bad eiher.

Keep in mind that Iron Man is 600 splinters so you'll need to farm some more splinters if you want him for free.

how hard is to get splinters? Sorry for all the questions,I am completely new at this.

how hard is to get splinters? Sorry for all the questions,I am completely new at this.

Just to add to the above, a splinter will drop for you every 6-8mins.

There is a chance for a double drop or a 10 pack drop. These are relatively rare though you can increase your chance of them by increasing your special item find (sif). You will also get 10 plsinters via the log in rewards and from certain log in events that Gaz does.

Vecks

Are you a fan of any characters in particular? Or is there any play style you'd be interested in?

If you're just looking for more helpful long term investments, Cyclops would probably be the best to start with, since his hero synergy offers +10% xp gain.

KePoW

Banned

Like others replied, it's not "hard" gameplay wise because it's basically automated on a timer. Just depends how long you can wait to get a character you want.

Even with 60 gear, enchants, blessings, etc, I'm still not really satisfied with Vision's damage.

To be fair, I'm not running top-tier artis, but still, he just doesn't feel like he's hitting hard enough, especially single-target damage, when compared to others.

Shame, as he's really fun to play, looks great and I enjoyed him after level 47.

Probably still use him for Dailies and MM, that sort of stuff, but he's useless for Cosmic content.

Sb you have gone mad

In other news for scarlet if your items have more than one procs on scarlet so say her slot 1 has two procs if they both activate on her Sig it only counts as 1/10 where as omega legion node they count separate

Obviously this will get fixed, but damn it's great.

Specced up my SW last night for the Dailies and trashed everything. So good.

Since no one else has mentioned it you can also get the random hero box for 175 splinters if you just want a surprise. I did that a ton of times and that's my preferred method of hero delivery.

Drayco21

I did it all the way up to my 18th hero or so until I just bought that pack of all heroes released up through 2014. I'm not a gambling man but this is where I get my gambling fun. And I only got a handful of dupes.

I'm only missing 7 or so characters, and I still buy random boxes. The thrill of spinning the wheel is way more exciting than saving up to buy some dumpy mutie like Iceman or Nightcrawler.

That Ultron event is actually fairly tough. Did it with a couple of fairly well geared mates from my SG and we only managed Gold in one of the phases; Silver for everything else.

Definitely feels like a big group-only one-shot. Don't mind it at all.

Some of those Iron Legions hit HARD! Was surprised when my Hulk went down to a couple of one-shotters.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
thatsracist.gif

He's a clone fanboy his opinions are invalid

Who the fuck vouches for Spidey clone saga, good lord

Edit: just saw this on a Avengers World issue. Do it Gaz, do it now

Avengers_World_2014_009_010.jpg

Drayco21

He's a clone fanboy his opinions are invalid

Who the fuck vouches for Spidey clone saga, good lord

Clones are people too, apparently extending out to genetrash clones because X-23 is a-okay in my book.

Also, would buy that Taskmaster costume, even if it was just a one-off and we'll probably never see it again in the comics. It'd be better than that awful Age of Ultron skin.

Rafy

Crap, I am doing the Viper quest in Lowtown and she is bugged... I need that quest to progress the story line! Any ideas?

EDIT: never mind it was just an event I skipped it

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
edit: ended up doing a about an hour or so of midtown with various heroes (changing to every hero that had midtown legendary quests) instead since its midtown madness. filled 3 stashes worth of boxes for future heroes. That was fun, reminded me how much I lvoe some heroes and gave me a chance to see some changes I hadnt seen yet.

Sue is great but I already liked her. Some nitpicks tho, her Sig is still super annoying, its almost worth it to just use it for the max focus / initial dmg and keep the shield so youre not fucking over everyone else by bumping bosses all over the place. I dont see the point of having 30sec cooldown on the spiky balls, means you can use them from pack to pack which annoys me. The seeker orbs being a focus spender now is great

Punisher who I said I hated actually seems great. Might spend some time with him soon, he's flash as shit now :p

Also, they really fucked up with the size of the movie hulkbuster imo. I saw a perfect size one in midtown and got to chat with the person, aparently the NORMAL size is as big as the old one with full sizes (or as big as Hulk with full sizes for example), thats why im seeing some stupid giant ones, because the normal is way too big. If / when I get it ill definately not use any size increases on it

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I got SW to 60 last night. She really is a good character to play. I don't really like her voice or any of the available looks for her, but the explodey fun makes up for it.

That Ultron event is actually fairly tough. Did it with a couple of fairly well geared mates from my SG and we only managed Gold in one of the phases; Silver for everything else.

Definitely feels like a big group-only one-shot. Don't mind it at all.

Some of those Iron Legions hit HARD! Was surprised when my Hulk went down to a couple of one-shotters.

Kepow and I tried to 2-man it last night. Yeah...not fun. We made it to phase three and decided to give up at that point.

If anyone wants to go in on it later tonight, I'm interested. I can roll with overpowered Scarlet Witch or Kate Bishop.

Rhaknar

Kepow and I tried to 2-man it last night. Yeah...not fun. We made it to phase three and decided to give up at that point.

If anyone wants to go in on it later tonight, I'm interested. I can roll with overpowered Scarlet Witch or Kate Bishop.

why would you 2 man it when its meant for 5 people? unless you meant you 2 plus 3 randoms.

I must have lucked out because the first I did with Vision (and Vision was freshly 60, didnt even have all his uniques and I dont have fancy arts like most people) I got gold in every phase except the first. I guess I was being carried by some of the other randoms, although they kept bitching about the black panther sucking lol

Indignate

One timed I tried to solo red raid.

I think Dec and a couple others got to Sisters by themselves or something.

Sometimes we do crazy things Rhaknar. Break the meta for once in your life; stop playing Illidan and play Nova.

why would you 2 man it when its meant for 5 people? unless you meant you 2 plus 3 randoms.

I must have lucked out because the first I did with Vision (and Vision was freshly 60, didnt even have all his uniques and I dont have fancy arts like most people) I got gold in every phase except the first. I guess I was being carried by some of the other randoms, although they kept bitching about the black panther sucking lol

Nobody in the SG wanted to join, and we queued up but got tired of waiting. I think we mainly wanted to check the zone out and decided to see how far we could make it. We technically could have completed it, but it's not fun blasting away at content scaled for way more damage output.

It didn't help that we were rocking two squishier characters (Hawkguy and Spidey). We made up for it with our insane reflexes and superior skill, but still...

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I only did Ultron once, on day 1, with people from the SG. We got gold on everything, no one got good loot, and all agreed it wasn't worth the time. I thought it was decent fun though, plus it's a change of scenery and something nice between a Raid and cosmic patrol. Also huge Hulkbuster is awesome once again Rhaknar is wrong about things

KePoW

Banned
One timed I tried to solo red raid.

I think Dec and a couple others got to Sisters by themselves or something.

Sometimes we do crazy things Rhaknar. Break the meta for once in your life; stop playing Illidan and play Nova.

LOL

Nobody in the SG wanted to join, and we queued up but got tired of waiting. I think we mainly wanted to check the zone out and decided to see how far we could make it. We technically could have completed it, but it's not fun blasting away at content scaled for way more damage output.

It didn't help that we were rocking two squishier characters (Hawkguy and Spidey). We made up for it with our insane reflexes and superior skill, but still...

LOL

I only did Ultron once, on day 1, with people from the SG. We got gold on everything, no one got good loot, and all agreed it wasn't worth the time. I thought it was decent fun though, plus it's a change of scenery and something nice between a Raid and cosmic patrol.

Carry my Hawkguy and I'll carry someone for you on my Scarlet!

Bro, at least we know the mechanics and are ready to trash a bunch of droids next time. I think we were actually kind of close to a silver on one of those, sooooo...

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Bought Scarlet Witch and then a random hero

Got a dupe - fucking Iron Man, only got 8 heroes or something :(

How do I trade that to upgrade his ultimate?

Rhaknar

Bought Scarlet Witch and then a random hero

Got a dupe - fucking Iron Man, only got 8 heroes or something :(

How do I trade that to upgrade his ultimate?

you switch to Ironman and use the thingie

Top Bottom