• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

KePoW causes me a lot of cognitive dissonance. If he's not just an elaborate troll (and even if he is, frankly), the things he stands for are pretty opposite of me, but I can't help being entertained by his antics.

I chat with Kepow on Steam and have spoken to him on his server before. He's a good dude who is 90% trolling and actually a pretty smart dude.

I will deny ever writing this in the future and he will pretend his memory is bad and not remember stuff he posted three days ago.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
It's easy to forget sometimes that he's not just playing an elaborate joke character. That, or it's impressive how devoted he is to the role.

Either way, hopefully it's not a perma.

I doubt its perma, he may say ill advised things in other threads but I've never seen him say anything truly egregious.

Get well soon, buddy!

IN OTHER NEWS, I just got God Of Mischief from my first Loki run in at least a few months.

and if the mode is only for people with top end gear, those people dont need gear, so why would they do it?

The difficulty factor is a nice change of pace from the rest of the game. The artifacts are useful for trading/alts. It's the best place for farming Trifecta cores, which many super geared people still don't have. And quite frankly I just find Midtown a fun mode compared to everything else we have now.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
The difficulty factor is a nice change of pace from the rest of the game. The artifacts are useful for trading/alts. It's the best place for farming Trifecta cores, which many super geared people still don't have. And quite frankly I just find Midtown a fun mode.

I am getting a lot of cores that's for sure. I guess because half come from the reliquaries

Dec

Kepow got banned for saying he thinks trans people are weird and he doesn't want to be near them.

What were you thinking dude?

Kepow got banned for saying he thinks trans people are weird and he doesn't want to be near them.

What were you thinking dude?
-_-

I don't get how people get banned. Maybe I just don't go against the grain enough to cause an uproar, but I've been a part of GAF for 11 years now without a single ban. Though I came pretty close arguing with Amirox a couple of times back in the DS vs PSP days.

I might just be a boring person though.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
"trolling" when it comes to serious shit like bigotry is indistinguishable from genuine bigotry. I even posted something like that a few weeks ago. It's a dumb fucking idea and if he's going to do shit like that in threads where people don't know what his "shtick" is it's gonna get him banned and rightfully so. There's a time and a place to be clowning around and it's not when talking about homophobia or what have you.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
-_-

I don't get how people get banned. Maybe I just don't go against the grain enough to cause an uproar, but I've been a part of GAF for 11 years now without a single ban. Though I came pretty close arguing with Amirox a couple of times back in the DS vs PSP days.

I might just be a boring person though.

I've always been banned for posting jokes a mod mustn't have found funny.

I never meant intent and they never caused offense but I was banned. Kepow definitely deserves his ban though, incredibly silly.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
If you act like a normal human being you don't get banned. Silly I know

Anyway, got my Doom power cosmic and a Gung for Punisher. The dream is real and it's so close :(

Wow, just read his posts in that other thread. Absolutely disgusting, dude. Doesn't read like trolling, just genuine bigotry.

Kepow gonna Kepow.

EDIT: Awww shit, Kepow banned again.

tQrza9z.jpg

Cheers, your friend from Perth.

Kepow and I tried to 2-man it last night. Yeah...not fun. We made it to phase three and decided to give up at that point.

If anyone wants to go in on it later tonight, I'm interested. I can roll with overpowered Scarlet Witch or Kate Bishop.

Haha that would have been crazy.

I have Kepow on my Friends list (and vice versa I think), so if you guys are doing it again and see me around, send me an invite, I'd join.

inky

It wasn't my turn to look after him. I did that shit in the Hearthstone thread already.
I blame Tragicomedy.

Rhaknar

Surprised Angela wasn't a part of the advance pack, they seem to be pushing her hard in the comics from what I'm seeing on MU lately.

Surprised Angela wasn't a part of the advance pack, they seem to be pushing her hard in the comics from what I'm seeing on MU lately.

Might have something to do with the fact that she sucks and was randomly shoehorned into the Marvel universe via a ridiculous retcon. Makes you wonder what Marvel was thinking. She was popular in Spawn...in 1997.

But it's a game and I end up liking almost every character I think I will hate, so it will probably happen and I'll play her.

For the record, I unashamedly love early Spawn.

Rhaknar

Might have something to do with the fact that she sucks and was randomly shoehorned into the Marvel universe via a ridiculous retcon.

Makes you wonder what Marvel was thinking. She was popular in Spawn...in 1997.

It's not even a retcon tho right? Well on the Marvel side at least lol

Huh? She has a clear origin, and it's not as Thor's sister. She's an angel. Nothing to do with Odin.

I won't lie. I haven't read the Marvel stuff. I'll give it a shot at some point, but it sounds awful.

Huh? She has a clear origin, and it's not as Thor's sister. She's an angel. Nothing to do with Odin.

I won't lie. I haven't read the Marvel stuff. I'll give it a shot at some point, but it sounds awful.

It's fine. I kind of like the dangerous, mysterious female character thing she has going on.

Rhaknar

I mean there's nothing to retcon on Marvel's side, only on Image's

Also she's fine, the original sin thor / Loki 5 parter is awesome and I hear good things about her solo book

Mulgrok

I did CMM on my She-hulk earlier and must have won the pick up group lottery because we trashed the bosses fast with very few player deaths. CMM is fun when in a zone with other good players. :p

Drayco21

Her entire existence hinges on retconing the nature of the Asgardian realms to introduce a new one that we've never heard of before, just so that Gaiman can laugh at McFarlane and Bendis gets another name to throw around in his Skrull Guardians team book.

But I hate her, so she'll be playable within a year.

To be fair, McFarlane was a total jerk in how he handled those guest creators. He wouldn't even share royalties for trade sales. I'm glad he had to pay out later.

Dude made bank by creating a bad comic and cashing in like mad. I have the first five or so trades, so I'm part of the problem.

You could buy Spawn sleeping bags back in the day.

Rhaknar

Her entire existence hinges on retconing the nature of the Asgardian realms to introduce a new one that we've never heard of before, just so that Gaiman can laugh at McFarlane and Bendis gets another name to throw around in his Skrull Guardians team book.

But I hate her, so she'll be playable within a year.

You hate everyone tho, unless it's some sort of inbred peter parker character

Doom will be a summoner, cower/fear proc, ranged missiles, foot dive, techmage.
In his ultimate you'll sit on his flying throne, and be invicible for 20secs, doing nothing.
At the end of the invencibility, Doom laughs and leaves, changing character, dealing moral damage.

Rhaknar

Doom will be a summoner, cower/fear proc, ranged missiles, foot dive, techmage.
In his ultimate you'll sit on his flying throne, and be invicible for 20secs, doing nothing.
At the end of the invencibility, Doom laughs and leaves, changing character, dealing moral damage.

wrong game

Rhaknar

Hawkeye seems kinda awesome now with the re-review, spirit problems seem completely gone

Moondrop

Banned
This Angela is the first character/team-up to really make me feel out of touch. Had never heard of her. I haven't read many comics since 1997.

So I've been playing this pretty solid for about a week or so now, and I've got two or three questions that I can't seem to find a straightforward answer to.

1) I'm currently level 45 with Cap, playing on Heroic. I've done the story twice and now been doing Legendary quests pretty much exclusively since then. Is that what I should be doing between 45-60?

2) What the hell is the Omega system? What should I be doing with these points I keep collecting? I've been into it but any "power" that I like the look it, it tells me that I can't assign any points to it (I've got about 18 available)

3) Team-ups and Pets - How do i use these? Do I have to buy a TU and Pet from the store? If so, is there any difference in team up characters?

4) Costume Cores - Does this only come into play at the endgame?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Very happy to see both confirmation that Vision will be buffed, and an actual explicit explanation of their current release strategy (release bums and buff them shortly, instead of release gods and have to nerf.) It's certainly not a fun plan, but it makes sense and I agree with the idea that it is likely better for the health of the game long-term. I mean in a perfect world every hero would launch and be great, but that's not going to happen very often.

Fixing the density shift not boosting the melee basic punch alone should provide a significant bump to damage for a melee build, so I am looking forward to that.

So I've been playing this pretty solid for about a week or so now, and I've got two or three questions that I can't seem to find a straightforward answer to.

1) I'm currently level 45 with Cap, playing on Heroic. I've done the story twice and now been doing Legendary quests pretty much exclusively since then. Is that what I should be doing between 45-60?

2) What the hell is the Omega system? What should I be doing with these points I keep collecting? I've been into it but any "power" that I like the look it, it tells me that I can't assign any points to it (I've got about 18 available)

3) Team-ups and Pets - How do i use these? Do I have to buy a TU and Pet from the store? If so, is there any difference in team up characters?

4) Costume Cores - Does this only come into play at the endgame?

1) Pretty much. Legendary quests remain the best method of leveling, rerolling away from crappy ones (generally story and doom terminal) for better terminals and quick midtown/industry city ones. As a new player you also are going to want to be doing them for odinmarks, as eventually you are going to want to have thousands of those.

2) Omega system is an alternate progression path for all heroes. You can largely ignore it until you have at least a few hundred points, though. It's not really a system for newer players.

3) Team-ups generally have to be purchased, yeah. We got free christmas Groot over the holidays, but that was a one time deal. The whole system is getting reworked in the next month or so as well, so it will be getting better/more robust. Right now most people just leave them on passive for static buffs, which is boring. Pets eat unused loot to get random buffs for your character. Theses aren't quite as hard to acquire as team ups, as the Fortune Card MK1's you can buy for 10 cube shards have a small chance of giving one, and a couple can even drop themselves (albiet rarely.)

4) Cores can be used starting around 30, but I tend to not really worry about them until endgame as the cores that drop prior to that are generally not very good.

Just found this thread! Requested an invite for the GAF group. Anyway I can get an invite to the clan as well? I've played this since launch but recently got back into play it a lot.

So far my 60s are Wolverine, Capt. America, and Deadpool. Working on Scarlet Witch, Cable, Starlord, and Emma Frost.

IGN: Hoffelcopter

Don't really have any of them seriously geared up yet. Saving up Odin Marks for a Legendary item for Capt. America at the moment, or I might focus on Scarlet Witch. She seems more fun. Want to get at least on hero raid ready. Haven't done one yet.

Top Bottom