• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Bought Scarlet Witch and then a random hero

Got a dupe - fucking Iron Man, only got 8 heroes or something :(

How do I trade that to upgrade his ultimate?

you need to have unlocked the ultimate first, so level 52 at least

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
you switch to Ironman and use the thingie

Thanks mate

Midtown is great on Monday.

Is it midtown till 20 then Lqs till 60 for levelling?

How do I get my item names that drop to stay on screen? I'm sometimes missing good loot as name vanishes and just the small flashing color remains on the ground.

So, just downloaded this and picked Iron Man.
I had played it when it first launched but didnt really like it.

Seems amazing now! It's like playing a comic book!

How does one go about getting into the GAF guild? (If there is one?)

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
So, just downloaded this and picked Iron Man.
I had played it when it first launched but didnt really like it.

Seems amazing now!

How does one go about getting into the GAF guild? (If there is one?)

There is one, but you can only join by naming each character in the game and when they first appeared in the comics.

Them's the rules.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
you guys werent kidding, Cosmic Midtown and ICP are the complete opposite of fun. Its vanilla Limbo all over again with all the insta deaths and failed objectives

Raxious

Started playing again. Apparently I had Storm and Scarlet Witch, no idea how i got them. Any tips on leveling fast? I heard get to lvl 20 and then go into those red zones and use those chests. Is this correct?

KePoW

Banned
Is it midtown till 20 then Lqs till 60 for levelling?

How do I get my item names that drop to stay on screen? I'm sometimes missing good loot as name vanishes and just the small flashing color remains on the ground.

yes for ur leveling question

for item names, there's a specific option under Gameplay section to have them always show up without pressing anything

Christ, lol

I literally just went to read the Op and saw I just had to put my name.

Will that do instead? :p

Ingame Name: QMustard

hahha no fun!

Vecks

Started playing again. Apparently I had Storm and Scarlet Witch, no idea how i got them. Any tips on leveling fast? I heard get to lvl 20 and then go into those red zones and use those chests. Is this correct?

Normally, the simplest way is to go to midtown from 1-12, then go to ICP from 12-20, then do legendary quests wherever you prefer by rerolling. But since today is Midtown Madness, just go to midtown and farm bosses and legendary quests there.

Raxious

Normally, the simplest way is to go to midtown from 1-12, then go to ICP from 12-20, then do legendary quests wherever you prefer by rerolling. But since today is Midtown Madness, just go to midtown and farm bosses and legendary quests there.

Wait this event.only lasts 1 day? if i had known i wouldn't have spend time doing story missions

LuuKyK

Wait this event.only lasts 1 day? if i had known i wouldn't have spend time doing story missions

Well its a recurrent event, every now and then it comes back since its the best/most requested one, so don't worry too much about that. Definitely make use of Midtown when its on though because its great for leveling up and grinding for uniques.

Lord Phol

I've had some great luck with loot today. First I found a cosmic ring with +2 Summon Powers, then after some hours of CMM I also had 2 Gorilla Necklaces. One had good rolls the other one I rerolled once and got max crit and phys damage on. Also found a gem of kurse yesterday. Now to found out what to sell them for :d.

Vecks

Monday is always midtown madness.

I've had some great luck with loot today. First I found a cosmic ring with +2 Summon Powers, then after some hours of CMM I also had 2 Gorilla Necklaces. One had good rolls the other one I rerolled once and got max crit and phys damage on. Also found a gem of kurse yesterday. Now to found out what to sell them for :d.

Whoa. Nice. I've never seen any rings with that kind of affix.

Queen is that you?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I might actually do a little lvl 60 item farming on SW since I dig playing her. I still need a God of Mischief recipe off Loki, and after that just whatever uniques/artis.

Finally saw Age of Ultron. It does make me want to play Vision (I'll need to spend some splinters). Got to run with that classic skin though.

I actually love cosmic Marshall Mathers and Insane Clown Posse. I welcome the non-faceroll difficulty, since it forces you to gear more defensively and actually pay attention to WTF you are doing.

Scarlet Witch still feels a bit like cheating in there, since she dominates stuff with relative ease. I took Kate Bishop in there and was loving it. Dashing and diving all over the place, weaving in DPS, and using defensive cooldowns to stay alive. It's way more fun than the regular version for me.

Dec

I actually love cosmic Marshall Mathers and Insane Clown Posse. I welcome the non-faceroll difficulty, since it forces you to gear more defensively and actually pay attention to WTF you are doing.

Scarlet Witch still feels a bit like cheating in there, since she dominates stuff with relative ease. I took Kate Bishop in there and was loving it. Dashing and diving all over the place, weaving in DPS, and using defensive cooldowns to stay alive. It's way more fun than the regular version for me.

This is not why people dislike cosmic patrol zones.

Raxious

Well its a recurrent event, every now and then it comes back since its the best/most requested one, so don't worry too much about that. Definitely make use of Midtown when its on though because its great for leveling up and grinding for uniques.

Aight, however is it a good idea to unlock those boxes in that red area thingy? I heard that the exp actually scales

KePoW

Banned

hahahha

I wouldn't say I love CMM + CICP, but I generally agree with what you said

however for me, the reason why I like it is because I'm an asshole like people here know... I absolutely love watching other players die, I think it's fucking hilarious

That's why I loved the original Rhino and Juggernaut one-shot charges with no arrow indicator. I laughed every single time someone died to that. In fact that's probably the #1 thing about the game that I hate was removed

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
only missing 5 legendaries >_<

Wolverine, Thing, human Torch, Deadpool and Hawkeye

Indignate

That's why I loved the original Rhino and Juggernaut one-shot charges with no arrow indicator. I laughed every single time someone died to that. In fact that's probably the #1 thing about the game that I hate was removed

Weren't you the one always dying this?

This is not why people dislike cosmic patrol zones.

But that's exactly what I've seen mentioned in this thread and am responding to. Instant-deaths. You just have to gear differently and approach things more defensively. Unless I'm missing something else, that's what I see people complain about.

The only thing I would change in the mode is make stuff give more experience (it may already?) and drop better items off bosses.

Oh, and screw Mole Man. Unless I'm in a large pack of players, I'm not messing with him.

I wouldn't say I love CMM + CICP, but I generally agree with what you said

however for me, the reason why I like it is because I'm an asshole like people here know... I absolutely love watching other players die, I think it's fucking hilarious

You definitely have to keep eyes on where those two bosses are at, especially if they are across the screen hidden under lots of flashy abilities.

KePoW

Banned
The only thing I would change in the mode is make stuff give more experience (it may already?) and drop better items off bosses.

Oh, and screw Mole Man. Unless I'm in a large pack of players, I'm not messing with him.

CMM and CICP bosses do drop more loot

but ur right about Mole Man, that dude does major dmg with his shotgun thing hahha

CMM and CICP bosses do drop more loot

but ur right about Mole Man, that dude does major dmg with his shotgun thing hahha

I wish the Punisher had that shotgun. Holy crap...it takes 80% of my life in one shot. If you stick around for the second one, you're done, and he shoots crazy fast.

KePoW

Banned
I wish the Punisher had that shotgun. Holy crap...it takes 80% of my life in one shot. If you stick around for the second one, you're done, and he shoots crazy fast.

yeah u definitely have to carefully watch which direction he's facing

so it's kinda fun lol

Dec

But that's exactly what I've seen mentioned in this thread and am responding to. Instant-deaths. You just have to gear differently and approach things more defensively. Unless I'm missing something else, that's what I see people complain about.

I don't know who is complaining about that. It isn't hard and even if it was it would be an awful "difficulty". Not even including the shit desync that plagues those areas.

If you die in a second to a non-telegraphed attack you aren't geared. If you are geared you dodge telegraphed attacks infinite amounts of times until you either get drops or go a dozen hours with nothing while hating yourself the entire time because Midtown is god damn awful.

So you wander around an area with tons of downtime, loaded with easy fodder mobs with bosses that have two abilities. The only times you die is when a telegraph is off due to the server performance being trash there.

If you're looking for more difficult content than usual, maybe this is a "good enough" kind of deal until something worth a damn comes along (danger room).

Edit: Also geared heroes don't even die to telegraphed attacks unless there is a certain number of other players nearby scaling the damage up. You need to know when you can just face tank and how many players nearby is enough to make you actually have to dodge that garbage. I'm no expert in designing video games but it seems to me randomized damage and health is counter to player skill. If I could go in there alone I might actually bother to do dailies there.

KePoW

Banned
I don't know who is complaining about that. It isn't hard and even if it was it would be an awful "difficulty". Not even including the shit desync that plagues those areas.

If you die in a second to a non-telegraphed attack you aren't geared. If you are geared you dodge telegraphed attacks infinite amounts of times until you either get drops or go a dozen hours with nothing while hating yourself the entire time because Midtown is god damn awful.

So you wander around an area with tons of downtime, loaded with easy fodder mobs with bosses that have two abilities. The only times you die is when a telegraph is off due to the server performance being trash there

lots of players die in CMM or CICP because they're not paying attention. not you, but you're certainly not the average player

I think you overestimate how "good' a casual MH player is lol

also honestly I've never had any desync issues in CMM or CICP. at least certainly not on a regular basis

I have noticed that regular MM seems to lag more the past couple weeks though, but not CMM

Dec

I think you overestimate how "good' a casual MH player is lol

also honestly I've never had any desync issues in CMM or CICP. at least certainly not on a regular basis

The majority of players in all MMOs are trash. Unfortunately that is a large part of why cosmic patrol zones are trash.

I don't know what to say about desync, everyone I have talked to experiences it. Even the ones that play that mode like Frostinferno.

Rhaknar

why are we pretending being geared helps not be 1 shot cosmic midtown / icp? nobody gears or specs for defense, so...what does being geared help with?

my Mags (my best geared hero by everyones standard) has his gok and his mags shirt and his cosmic insignia and all that shit, still gets 1 shot, because the game is all about the "loldeeps 30 secs training dummy or you suck bro"

and its not just telegraphed moves that kill you in 2 seconds, hell those packs with a million elites shooting you from everywhere kill you in 2 seconds. a boss move that you cant see because of the million spell effects going on kills you and you dont even know what happened.

most games do the "spike dmg to add difficulty" thing, and all of them soon after move away from it because, guess what, thats horrible design. Just look at the game that Marvel is so hellbent on copying

of course this is all agravated when theres barely any people around (like I had earlier today), with lots of people it gets much better (as I had just now on Ironman and I managed to barely die)

edit: oh and it clearly favors ranged heroes / specs, which is always fun if you are a fan of melee. but thats a problem with many a game :/

Dec

why are we pretending being geared helps not be 1 shot cosmic midtown / icp? nobody gears or specs for defense, so...what does being geared help with?

my Mags (my best geared hero by everyones standard) has his gok and his mags shirt and his cosmic insignia and all that shit, still gets 1 shot, because the game is all about the "loldeeps 30 secs training dummy or you suck bro"

and its not just telegraphed moves that kill you in 2 seconds, hell those packs with a million elites shooting you from everywhere kill you in 2 seconds. a boss move that you cant see because of the million spell effects going on kills you and you dont even know what happened.

most games do the "spike dmg to add difficulty" thing, and all of them soon after move away from it because, guess what, thats horrible design. Just look at the game that Marvel is so hellbent on copying

of course this is all agravated when theres barely any people around (like I had earlier today), with lots of people it gets much better (as I had just now on Ironman and I managed to barely die)

edit: oh and it clearly favors ranged heroes / specs, which is always fun if you are a fan of melee. but thats a problem with many a game :/

Geared implies 69 item level, which comes with a ton of health.

Ignoring that Mag is already one of the squishiest heroes in the game I seem to recall you slotting those spirit on orb pick up items, having low omegas and an unoptimized build?

That you say the mode is better when other players are near you, to me, is a perfect example of you being less geared than they are and them making up for you.

My impressions of this mode come from me playing Thor and Moon Knight, both melee heroes.

Rhaknar

Geared implies 69 item level, which comes with a ton of health.

Ignoring that Mag is already one of the squishiest heroes in the game I seem to recall you slotting those spirit on orb pick up items, having low omegas and an unoptimized build?

That you say the mode is better when other players are near you, to me, is a perfect example of you being less geared than they are and them making up for you.

My impressions of this mode come from me playing Thor and Moon Knight, both melee heroes.

why is my build unoptimized, lol? I dont think you could have sounded more arrogant in that entire post if you tried, jesus christ Dec. You know, when I said you think you are better than us that one time, I was joking >_>

and if the mode is only for people with top end gear, those people dont need gear, so why would they do it?

Vecks

Just bought Jean Bae, I dont know if it's me being a noob and low level, but are there any draw backs to using Phoenix Form?

No drawbacks. It's just a matter of preference and gearing for the damage type (energy vs. mental). In the past there was a resource management aspect to it, but now they just want people to be able to choose which Jean they like to play as.

Dec

It was honesty.

It isn't about better, it's about gear.

You should expect content released from now on is balanced with these upgrades in mind. Item level upgrades, high omega counts. If you haven't played consistently enough to keep up on that stuff you are not geared.

There is a beyond geared as well. Trifectas, better rolled items, never ending hunt for perfect uniques. Plus gear for alts.

I wouldn't even say people farm cosmic patrol zones for the items that drop there as much as they farm for wealth, to trade for things they can't or wont find.

I remember you talking about how your Magneto build was something the minmaxers wouldn't like a while back. Which is fine but I don't get why you counter with such absolutes despite having such drastically different in-game goals.

"why are we pretending being geared helps not be 1 shot cosmic midtown / icp? nobody gears or specs for defense, so...what does being geared help with?"

Seems an odd stance considering.

Rhaknar

No drawbacks. It's just a matter of preference and gearing for the damage type (energy vs. mental). In the past there was a resource management aspect to it, but now they just want people to be able to choose which Jean they like to play as.

TK jean should have this TK mode instead of Pheonix mode

3803839-0327205384-37135.jpg

but I guess thats a recent development of her powers

I love gearing more defensively. I think this game has needed a challenge to force that for some time now, and I'm happy we're moving in that direction. Balancing durability and damage is fun. If you want to go pure offense, expect to dance around to stay alive. If you go full tank mode, expect to hit a boss with your wet noodle powers.

I think the biggest issue this game has is the complete lack of balance between characters, especially those with recent reviews/QOL. If you play the game with Deadpool then immediately play as Captain America, it doesn't even feel like you're playing the same thing.

Fully geared, Scarlet Witch is so much better than anyone else on my roster right now that it's hilarious. I melt cosmic bosses. I have to work for it with Hawkeye and Daredevil.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
yea i think the jim sterling thread was the cause this time

Top Bottom