• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Seers Brilliance item made. Got Iron Man to level 18 today too.

Just bought a random hero and got...

Gambit.

He any good?

I loved Gambit back when I played him. No idea how he compares now with all the power creep, but he was a LOT of fun and very flashy IMO, if you like those sorts of characters, you'll enjoy him.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Skye is unbearable.

No_Blaine.gif

Skye is the one good thing to come out of that show

Well, and Adrianne Palicki getting more work, she was the best in FNL. Ming Na-Wen is great too. Actually I like all the female actors on that show, all the white dudes are just so terribly bland.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
No_Blaine.gif

Skye is the one good thing to come out of that show

Well, and Adrianne Palicki getting more work, she was the best in FNL. Ming Na-Wen is great too. Actually I like all the female actors on that show, all the white dudes are just so terribly bland.

Ward, Fitz and Coulson are great.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I really don't think Coulson is great as a character or an actor =\ I'm not fully caught up but when they showed Edward James Olmos and his merry band I was like, fuck yeah, this is the SHIELD I wanna go with! Aside from that being a ridiculous plot twist, of course.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
They NEED to add a bamfs talent when they do Kurt's QoL pass

3550470-nightcrawler+and+bamfs.jpg

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Chase costumes were never that good to begin with (certainly not worth being locked behind a once in a whole appearance), and they get progressively worse as more and more new costumes come out with much better models and textures

Bogo is fun tho. You either get blender fodder or the ocasional cool costume that you didn't even know you wanted and you end up liking

Edit: Brevik is streaming, maybe he leaks something :p

inky

Good chase costumes:

Gold Armor Thor
Storm's African Goddess
Black Panther's Man Without Fear

That is all. And even then, not worth $15 or whatever they go for. I bought them because I don't know any better.

I'd say Hawkeye Ronin is up there, but the texture work is very poor and it's not really that complex of a costume. It's just pretty damn cool.

Rhaknar

Good chase costumes:

Gold Armor Thor
Storm's African Goddess

That is all. And even then, not worth $15 or whatever they go for. I bought them because I don't know any better.

I'd say Hawkeye Ronin is up there, but the texture work is very poor and it's not really that complex of a costume. It's just pretty damn cool.

I like the ms marvel one, might finally get it. But wait, aren't the chase costumes the only ones that DIDN'T get a price reduction when they dropped prices across the board?

inky

Yep they didn't, because their totally artificial scarcity makes them "rare" or something. The most insulting part is the inconsistent quality. Some like Earth X Cap are truly different, while others are just awful recolors, but they still operate under the "they are all special" nonsense.

Basically, Gaz gonna Gaz.

It's the only one I bought.

Then I scored Fear Itself and haven't used Ronin since.

Though that said, I hated Hawkeye anyway and haven't played him since, so well and truly money wasted haha!

Rhaknar

Yep they didn't, because their totally artificial scarcity makes them "rare" or something. The most insulting part is the inconsistent quality. Some like Earth X Cap are truly different, while others are just awful recolors, but they still operate under the "they are all special" nonsense.

Basically, Gaz gonna Gaz.

Lol guess I'm not getting that Carol one :p

I would drop it in s second for the inevitable fear itself one anyway

Drayco21

I'd buy that Bombastic Bagman chase costume for Spidey if it didn't have the default Drake Bell VO. I still wish there was an option to just pay for Voices separate from the costume, cuz I'd drop some cash on a Josh Keaton replacement for Spider-Man in a heartbeat.

Dec

Moon Knight, Nova, and Mr. Fantastic are getting a unique upgrade pass for this week's patch.

Yea this is why I stopped spending all my time in Red Skull. Amthua mentioned a couple months back that Moon Knight would get a unique update after the AXIS raid and it would be easy.

So happy it has finally come.

Good chase costumes:

Gold Armor Thor
Storm's African Goddess

The ones you listed are amongst the best, but I like Punishers too. Even if the boots make it look a little goofy. Things is pretty good and Hulks could be really good, with an updated texture.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I've never liked MK as much as I wanted to, but I do occasionally think about going back to him. He was my first BOGO score when I started playing last year and got him as the freebie when I bought Taskmaster. I never got him very well geared so I might just prestige him.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I need a Frankie Raye insig and I can't get one to save my life (for Burning Crusade stage 2 achievement). I've opened like 50 boxes on Human Torch and got everything BUT that one. Anyone have one they can spare?

J-Rzez

Just chiming in here quick since I haven't played this in, well launch? But damn, this is game is pretty fantastic. The depth to it is what's really appealing to me. I'm even kind of overwhelmed right now as I don't have time to read these doctoral papers that people write up on how to play this game/characters.

All I know is, my Deadpool is at 45 (think I'll make him my main), and Punisher is around 35? I kinda gave up on Iron Man, just didn't enjoy him much.

Now to find a decent Deadpool guide that isn't 15-pages long...

When should I reroll LQs? What am I looking for?

I typically reroll any story ones, and then any one that takes me more than 5 minutes to finish in Midtown. Everything else, especially terminals are great. When I'm really flush with credits I just reroll them all to terminal quests because they have the best xp reward if you can complete them on red difficulty.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Just chiming in here quick since I haven't played this in, well launch? But damn, this is game is pretty fantastic. The depth to it is what's really appealing to me. I'm even kind of overwhelmed right now as I don't have time to read these doctoral papers that people write up on how to play this game/characters.

All I know is, my Deadpool is at 45 (think I'll make him my main), and Punisher is around 35? I kinda gave up on Iron Man, just didn't enjoy him much.

Now to find a decent Deadpool guide that isn't 15-pages long...

Deadpool is one of the few (3?) remaining launch heroes that hasn't had his big overhaul, and I'm pretty sure he is actually scheduled to be the very last one. This generally means he isn't quite as effective/versatile/etc as newer and recently reviewed characters, but he is still plenty fun and definitely not like a worthless gimp.

Punisher was one of the recently reviewed characters so he is pretty good now. My only problem with him is that his real spec-defining abilities don't open up until like the late 40's, which makes some stretches of leveling kind of frustrating.

Also, for guides/specs, http://marvelheroes.info/items/heroes/#0-25-1-0 is probably the best (really only) site around.

J-Rzez

Deadpool is one of the few (3?) remaining launch heroes that hasn't had his big overhaul, and I'm pretty sure he is actually scheduled to be the very last one. This generally means he isn't quite as effective/versatile/etc as newer and recently reviewed characters, but he is still plenty fun and definitely not like a worthless gimp.

Punisher was one of the recently reviewed characters so he is pretty good now. My only problem with him is that his real spec-defining abilities don't open up until like the late 40's, which makes some stretches of leveling kind of frustrating.

Also, for guides/specs, http://marvelheroes.info/items/heroes/#0-25-1-0 is probably the best (really only) site around.

Cool. I haven't followed but has overhauls been mostly beneficial? I'm just saying because in other games across genres, sometimes it makes something worse, and i'm worried because that Nolan North banter, I need it, would hate to stop playing DP lol.

I found so far he's really powerful. That lil' deadpool is OP. You can have it up 100% of the time and just fire away at trash and bosses. Cheat death aka God Mode is nice if you're caught off guard so far. Only had to use his Ult defensively once so far. Usually use it offensively. Perhaps this all changes at end game.

I didn't mind Punisher, especially in midtown just rolling to the bosses, grabbing the boxes, then rolling back home lol.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Started playing again last night. Haven't played since very shortly after launch, I see some things have changed.

Can I get invited into the GAF Supergroup please?

Heroes I currently have: Hawkeye, The Thing, and Cyclops

I have 750g... is there anything I should spend that on?

Anoregon

Started playing again last night. Haven't played since very shortly after launch, I see some things have changed.

There is currently a BOGO event running, so if you buy a hero with G's, you will get another random hero as well. Scarlet witch just got her review and is totally awesome now, so buying her for 450g and getting another random hero free that would likely cost at least 900g is probably a good option.

Cool. I haven't followed but has overhauls been mostly beneficial? I'm just saying because in other games across genres, sometimes it makes something worse, and i'm worried because that Nolan North banter, I need it, would hate to stop playing DP lol.

By all means keep playing Deadpool, as I said he's not like garbage or anything. The reviews of launch heroes have by and large been quite beneficial, with the odd exception here and there. You can't please everyone, after all. Also, some of them took a little extra work later on to really get them to good place (Cap, for example.) One of the major differences is that all characters except Deadpool and the other couple un-reviewed launch heroes (Cable and Thing) don't have the same skill progression as everyone else; they stop gaining skills at 30 and don't have a signature. All other characters gain new skills all the way up to 52 when they unlock their 10min cooldown ultimate, and unlock a strong ~1m cooldown signature ability at 30.

Vecks

We need your in-game name to invite.

If you're not looking to buy heroes just yet, a stash tab would be really helpful.

J-Rzez

There is currently a BOGO event running, so if you buy a hero with G's, you will get another random hero as well. Scarlet witch just got her review and is totally awesome now, so buying her for 450g and getting another random hero free that would likely cost at least 900g is probably a good option.

By all means keep playing Deadpool, as I said he's not like garbage or anything. The reviews of launch heroes have by and large been quite beneficial, with the odd exception here and there. You can't please everyone, after all. Also, some of them took a little extra work later on to really get them to good place (Cap, for example.) One of the major differences is that all characters except Deadpool and the other couple un-reviewed launch heroes (Cable and Thing) don't have the same skill progression as everyone else; they stop gaining skills at 30 and don't have a signature. All other characters gain new skills all the way up to 52 when they unlock their 10min cooldown ultimate, and unlock a strong ~1m cooldown signature ability at 30.

Will definitely keep playing him, thought about buying his costumes, but i thought that BOGO only applied to costumes! If it works with heroes in general, I'll have to pick one up. I still have like 750g or something like that. Was going to get some more bank space since I only have 3 slots, but hmm. Thanks.

Rhaknar

meh bogo doesnt even work for the new avengers costumes? worthless then, wanted the Cap costume.

Entropia

No One Remembers

Got Rocket Raccoon :lol

We need your in-game name to invite.

If you're not looking to buy heroes just yet, a stash tab would be really helpful.

I think it's Entropya.

Anoregon

Got Rocket Raccoon :lol

Cool! He is a 900g hero, so you made out. He has the only real turret spec in the game too, if that is something that interests you.

He is another char that I haven't really played much and want to go back to, but I am still waiting for a general tuning/overhaul of summon mechanics.

Anoregon

Swagneto is dope, yeah. All three of those options are good. Maybe you will get lucky and get one of the other two as the free random, who knows.

Rocket is definitely fun.

Man, I love Vision as a character, and She-Hulk too, and I would like to play them, but somehow I just can't get myself to play the game more.

Anoregon

I'm truly torn. I need to hurry up and decide before the BOGO ends.

They tend to last for a week or so, you should be fine.

I have been refreshing the official forums anxiously awaiting test center notes. I want to see vision changes and updates to Moon Knight uniques for serious.

Anoregon

Living on the east coast when all game companies are pacific is true suffering.

Anoregon

Try being GMT, you don't know the meaning of the term suffering :p

No way man, you get to sleep while while afternoon/evening west coast is doing its thing and wake up to see all the new stuff. It's like christmas!

Top Bottom