• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Try being GMT, you don't know the meaning of the term suffering :p

Where patches get deployed in the middle of the day, good times

Magneto, Hulk and Thor are all great. Thor > Magneto > Hulk for me, in this game, in terms of preference, but ymmv. You can't really go wrong here.

Raxious

Hit 60 on SW earlier today, I now also own the following heroes:

- SW
- CA
- BW
- Taskmaster
- Hulk
- Star Lord
- Rocket Raccoon
- Storm

To be honest I kinda dislike CA, he seemed fun in the early levels but now he just gets reckt :(

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Nooooo! My OP SW!

Greetings all,

We wanted to get ahead of this as soon as we had a solution ready to present that was available for testing. Legion's procs are, on Live, built in an odd way that determine which procs fire when, resulting in consistently getting the same procs when Unmake Reality triggers, rather than it giving X of the listed buffs. To give some insight, this has nothing to do with the listed order on the tooltip, or even the order the designer tells it to fire in, but rather is based on the backend numerical series of digits that labels the node (a.k.a the node's ID). This caused confusion both for us and you, the players, on how this interaction between Legion and Unmake Reality actually worked.

On Test Center currently, Legion has been slightly altered to work in a way that more accurately reflects the intent of the node - to have a small chance to give a random buff effect. When not under the effects of Unmake Reality, Legion will function exactly as it did before. There should be no difference visible from the previous version.

However, while under the effects of Unmake Reality, the Legion procs will trigger randomly. This still retains it as an incredibly powerful tool for Scarlet players and likely one of the best Omega nodes available to her, but prevents it from being exploitable by keeping 100% uptime on the best procs.

We apologize that this was not addressed before launch. However, we're still very confident that Scarlet will be a strong, top-tier choice after this change goes live.

-Mayhem

(expected and not really a bad nerf, tbh)

Moondrop

Banned
Leveled a few more characters before the burnout set in...

Human Torch has some really nice visual FX on his powers. That's all I have nice to say about the least fun, worst designed character I've encountered to date. Literally any of his skills could be moved to any tree; there is no concept behind his trees. In practice Johnny is eye-raisingly squishy, a total spirit hog, not particularly damaging, and ultimately quite boring. The only interesting mechanic in his kit is that one basic is a hold-to-channel AoE cone. More characters should have a basic like this; it never made any sense to me for this type of power to be a spirit drainer.

I needed to cleanse my palate with a powerful, well-designed character so I went for Venom. Immediately I could see that the devs put real thought into his trees with the clear delineations of spirit builders, spirit drainers, and a nice system of mutually exclusive passives. Then I played him for a while and realized none of that really matters because Venom is insanely, incontrovertibly OP. Just consider some of these powers relative to what other character's possess:
- Irresistable AoE CC on a 10 sec cooldown. Sentinel stomp? Magneto bubble? Not any more.
- Travel power that costs no spirit, damage in an AoE, and generates health
- Channel that AoE damages, 50% damage reduction, generates health and spirit
- Spammable spirit spender that generates health
And I haven't even mentioned his signature (that can regenerate spirit). On top of all of this, he's actually really fun- zipping into a scrum, throwing around AoE, outhealing everything. I haven't come across a better of more complete character, but I don't think I'll be making Venom my main because the character and aesthetics are mostly a negative in my book.

Armed with Venom's synergy, I was finally prepared to give Moon Knight a fair shake. I committed fully to the Avatar of Vengeance (low health) path. Despite my initial misgivings I eventually came around on this unique playstyle, mostly as it relates to owning bosses with his signature. That's kind of Moon Knight in a nutshell for me- a bunch of stuff I wouldn't expect to like analytically, but somehow he makes it work. For example the relatively sparse power trees left me maxing a basic, but the spirit generation was helpful and swinging his staff feels nice. And I couldn't help notice that almost every power he has can be found with in another character as well. But the two he seems to have to himself (Avatar and a party-buffing totem) add a lot of flavor, as do some pleasing animations on his moonarangs (crumbling to pieces or clattering to the ground). In the end I enjoyed Moon Knight and gained a greater appreciation for that style but it's not for me; the risk/reward seems completely out of line with this game.

Lord Phol

Not sure if I should feel good or cry but I did it >>:
FB0CF20C99D067A56655630C3D1DE09F6CBFC0CB

Unfortunetly it's bugged and I got no costume nor confirmation that I completed it.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Vision changes:

The damage of all powers that spend Solar Energy has been increased by an average of 10%.

Comeuppance & High-Density Slam will now gain an additional 25% damage bonus after hitting with either Basic power.

High-Density Slam now moves to cursor location, similar to Comeuppance.

The damage bonuses on Phase Punch & High-Density Punch will now correctly be applied after using Density Shift.

Not huge, but the Density Shift fix alone should help melee builds quite a bit. 25% boost on the two big AoE's is nice too.

Dec

Moon Knight's uniques are very nice. No more need of cosmic items.

Ranks went from 41-46 with top gear to 45-49 with all the most relevant skills at 48 and 49. Along with that he got some very nice procs related to spirit, health, using tribute and using tripwire bolas.

And now that you can use his own uniques you can benefit from very useful stuff on them like power cost reduction, enemies shown on map, 25 ranks to multiple personalities etc.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Moon Knight's uniques are very nice. No more need of cosmic items.

Ranks went from 41-46 with top gear to 45-49 with all the most relevant skills at 48 and 49. Along with that he got some very nice procs related to spirit, health, using tribute and using tripwire bolas.

And now that you can use his own uniques you can benefit from very useful stuff on them like power cost reduction, enemies shown on map, 25 ranks to multiple personalities etc.

still needs to use the story art for spirit?

Dec

still needs to use the story art for spirit?

Nah he hasn't used that for a while now. You stack strength until you minimize spirit problems, then use them in your rotation.

You do more damage at low spirit so you try to stay 10% spirit at all times by rotating cestus and spiked gauntlets.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Nah he hasn't used that for a while now. You stack strength until you minimize spirit problems, then use them in your rotation.

You do more damage at low spirit so you try to stay 10% spirit at all times by rotating cestus and spiked gauntlets.

wait so MK uses the spirit cooldown now and not the health one?

Rhaknar

No, hence keeping your spirit low manually. Health one is way more useful.

oh. so is that just a mechanic MK has? Ive barely used him. still sounds like something I dont want to touch with a 10foot pole tho, if theres one thing I hate in this game, or any, is having no mana

Dec

wait so MK uses the spirit cooldown now and not the health one?

No.

He gets crit and crit damage from being low health and damage rating from being low spirit on both gifts.

The only difference between them is one brings him to 1 health and makes him unkillable and the other brings him to 1 spirit and he can't run out of spirit.

They give both bonuses. You go the health one because you can be 1 health and 10% spirit while using signature. Otherwise you go 10% health and 1 spirit and have significant risk in dying, not mentioning crit and crit damage just scales better than damage rating from spirit.

The legion changes for Scarlet Witch aren't unexpected, and really don't hurt her that drastically. To put it into context, maxing the Legion node on live takes around 5 seconds off her TTK. We're talking a change from ~30-35 seconds down to ~25-30 seconds.

That's not a big deal to me, though I'm sure it upsets the bleeding edge min-max crowd. Her review took her from hot garbage to arguably the best or second best (Venom) character in the game in terms of damage and durability. I'll let the experts look at whether or not Legion is still worth speccing, and press on with her. One thing I'm certain is I'll be adding in the other proc-based omega nodes into my mix, since there's no longer a huge incentive to avoid them.

The legion changes for Scarlet Witch aren't unexpected, and really don't hurt her that drastically. To put it into context, maxing the Legion node on live takes around 5 seconds off her TTK. We're talking a change from ~30-35 seconds down to ~25-30 seconds.

That's not a big deal to me, though I'm sure it upsets the bleeding edge min-max crowd. Her review took her from hot garbage to arguably the best or second best (Venom) character in the game in terms of damage and durability. I'll let the experts look at whether or not Legion is still worth speccing, and press on with her. One thing I'm certain is I'll be adding in the other proc-based omega nodes into my mix, since there's no longer a huge incentive to avoid them.

Legion was as defensive a node as it was offensive. Losing all that durability is going to hurt. Furthermore it provided projectile deflection and cost reduction, neither of which you can account for in TTK tests. Also shaving five seconds off of a 35 second TTK is pretty massive. That's nearly a 15% damage nerf.

Legion was as defensive a node as it was offensive. Losing all that durability is going to hurt. Furthermore it provided projectile deflection and cost reduction, neither of which you can account for in TTK tests. Also shaving five seconds off of a 35 second TTK is pretty massive. That's nearly a 15% damage nerf.

I hear you on the defensive end, but I find her durable even without the node. Legion makes her practically invincible, which isn't a game mechanic I enjoy.

Cost reduction is nearly 100% pointless on Scarlet. She doesn't run out of resources. If it becomes drastic, you slap a Zola on her and you have a surplus of spirit.

The TTK change is big, but I mean in terms of her relative placement on the power spectrum. She's way higher up the scale than before, and those TTK videos rely on lucky consecutive brutal strikes. Bottom line is they give you the theoretical max damage on a character, but they can't be replicated in a raid environment. People aren't standing in one place next to a boss and pounding away at them.

Well well, the change isn't happening. Yet.

The TC build doesn't have it working as I described it in the original post. It's triggering three Legion buffs and then stopping, even if more proc charges are available. Mysterious.

To avoid any further issues, we're going to do a full revert and make no changes to Legion for the moment. The changes described in this thread will not go live.

That being said, this is still on our radar (along with those need-not-be-named heroes who are further above everyone else) as something that needs addressing for balance. However, given the feedback in this thread, we're very likely to tackle it from a different direction rather than randomize the procs.

Venom, Cap, and Hulk quaking in their boots.

Rhaknar

so those hammer bay quests, are they for rep only or for comendations?

I only care about getting points to buy the 69 recipes for now

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
well brevik mentioned recently around she hulk release that they want most qol /heros etc they aim for around 35 seconds to 40 seconds, any with extra defense etc and pretty much most have been in that bracket this year to be fair.

so it was only going to be a time before hulk etc got nerfs. i dont think hulk will get hurt as much as others because most of his is burst damage where as venom cap etc they are all consistent.

Rhaknar

For both. The weekly gives a nice chuck of commendations.

I did the weekly (it was wakanda) and then it changed to another weekly (a bunch of villains)... thats not how weeklies work >_>

I didnt notice if I got comendations, maybe I did because I think I have 100+ and I JUST bought the slot 1 69 upgrade so i shouldnt have anyware near 100

I did the weekly (it was wakanda) and then it changed to another weekly (a bunch of villains)... thats not how weeklies work >_>

I didnt notice if I got comendations, maybe I did because I think I have 100+ and I JUST bought the slot 1 69 upgrade so i shouldnt have anyware near 100

It's a two part quest. Once you clear the Cosmic Terminals you'll get the reward.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
nova unique changes

slot 1 added + to pulsars
slot 2 gained -area damage taken, +% boss damage, all powers, and nova punch
slot 3 fixed sig name from supernova to gravimetric surge, +health, +power duration, -nova pulse, +nova barrier, proc gained spirit, +1 energy & changed from energy damage to flat damage
slot 4 gained crit, brut, attack speed, move speed
slot 5 gained +falling star, +blast off, energy defense

Woot, a few more days with SW tearing through the Dailies then! Awesome.

Always knew it would get nerfed so I don't care, but I'd say she will still be pretty beasty for my Dailies after the nerf goes live regardless!

This looks amazing though:

And I will miss it immensely when it departs us hahaha

Grabbed that Hulk Revengers costume last night. I was stupid for missing it first time around so definitely wasn't going to miss the opportunity again.

Sooooo freaking good. Like unbelievable. I ogled him for a good 30 seconds.

Did my Dailies and the weekly GLF missions jumping between Scarlet and Hulk last night because they're both that good.

Rhaknar

It's a two part quest. Once you clear the Cosmic Terminals you'll get the reward.

Oh. Do how the fuck do I still have 100 or so comendations then hmmm

Does the daily give some too?

Edit: might need to buy that Hulk tbh, I'm not feeling the armor one much lately

Oh. Do how the fuck do I still have 100 or so comendations then hmmm

Does the daily give some too?

SQ's, Daily and Weekly all give Commendations.

Daily only gives like 4 and 3 of them though.

Have you checked your profile on marvelheroes.com this morning? For some reason I had 100 Commendations in my account summary before redeeming the iBoost - maybe that's it?

Rhaknar

SQ's, Daily and Weekly all give Commendations.

Daily only gives like 4 and 3 of them though.

Have you checked your profile on MH.com this morning? For some reason I had 100 Commendations in my account summary after redeeming the iBoost - maybe that's it?

What iboost? :eek:

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Woot, a few more days with SW tearing through the Dailies then! Awesome.

Always knew it would get nerfed so I don't care, but I'd say she will still be pretty beasty for my Dailies after the nerf goes live regardless!

This looks amazing though:

And I will miss it immensely when it departs us hahaha

Grabbed that Hulk Revengers costume last night. I was stupid for missing it first time around so definitely wasn't going to miss the opportunity again.

Sooooo freaking good. Like unbelievable. I ogled him for a good 30 seconds.

Did my Dailies and the weekly GLF missions jumping between Scarlet and Hulk last night because they're both that good.

i never used the legion build i actively defended again it over on the official forums but everyone shot me down. i already have a 29sec ttk without using legion. shes a pure beast and is the most fun ive actually had out of any hero.

ill probs post my build/gear sometime soon

when hulk venom cap etc recieve their nergs i suspect hulk will get hit the least because his damage is burst damage after the intital sweep his damage fuds out where as cap and venom is consistent throughout. all they will probs do to hulk is tweak his numbers so the burst doesnt seem as brutal.

i never used the legion build i actively defended again it over on the official forums but everyone shot me down. i already have a 29sec ttk without using legion. shes a pure beast and is the most fun ive actually had out of any hero.

ill probs post my build/gear sometime soon

when hulk venom cap etc recieve their nergs i suspect hulk will get hit the least because his damage is burst damage after the intital sweep his damage fuds out where as cap and venom is consistent throughout. all they will probs do to hulk is tweak his numbers so the burst doesnt seem as brutal.

Can't argue that she's easily the most flashy and lots of fun. I usually end up button mashing most times anyway so often don't have all the Legion procs active and still tear everything up. I guess the only real noticeable difference will be on Cosmic boss runs. That 8-10 second Kurse kill will probably be like 15 seconds now or something haha, I don't care, still nice to have another top-tier character in my Daily rotation.

I have my fingers crossed Hulk doesn't get nerfed too much. Still consider him my "main" and have all my good artis on him, plus only character will full Challenge bonuses etc, so I'm pretty much always using him for group stuff, solo runs etc.

That's too bad. He was hella fun even when his damage was lacking.

Only mutontos I'll ever soil my hands with are Cyclops and Magneto
and Nate Gray

Vision buffs/fix are cool I guess for my melee, but I'm waiting for Feige to press them.
Will use the Nova unique review to level the 80s legendary.

I really hope they don't nerf Legion. We get a hero that has an interesting and unique way to gear and it's not like it's completely broken or anything, so why change it?

http://i.imgur.com/1V2XdA1.jpg

Haha, I mean yeah, I'm using it and I'm loving it, but once all that's active you can literally just fly around the map in a bubble and destroy everything just about instantly lol..

"Broken", maybe not (but even then, it's a stretch), but it's definitely not working as Gaz intended.

Haha, I mean yeah, I'm using it and I'm loving it, but once all that's active you can literally just fly around the map in a bubble and destroy everything just about instantly lol..

"Broken", maybe not (but even then, it's a stretch), but it's definitely not working as Gaz intended.

My Cyclops has been doing that prior his review. Now he's using Analysis cube as well.
Luck is on his side.

Isn't that second artifact Mental Focus Headband? If so, you aren't gearing her correctly to get the +10 to intelligence. That's when she gets ridiculous.

Top Bottom