• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Is completing the story mandatory on each character? I know there are bonuses but do they matter

Not mandatory, no.
The bonuses that matter are the permanent bonuses to health and spirit and I think skillpoints, and you can play all of the game's regular content without bothering to do those. Only grab the rewards with the character(s) you actually want to get into endgame content, since then they're worth having. Beyond that, though, it's ok to ignore them.

Sblargh

Banned
Done cosmic ICP for the first time today and it was fun. Mr. Hyde was one-shotting me left and right, but other than that, just a few deaths here and there.

Way better than the regular version unless you're rushing through daillies, I guess.

Relevant stuff:

Red Skull will now reset and teleport back if pulled too far from his starting location in the March to Axis One-Shot.

It was fun while it lasted haha..

Added more turrets to the Axis One-Shot so that quests can be completed easier.
Good.

AGE OF ULTRON MODE CHANGES

Lowered the difficulty of the mode slightly to account for the upcoming Cosmic difficulty.
Adjusted time allotted for Ultron game mode rewards. There is now more time for Gold and less time for Silver.

Also really good news.

Mr. Fantastic, Nova, Moon Knight - These heroes have had their hero-specific Unique items upgraded
Hell yes. Trying him out again this weekend for sure.

NEW FEATURE: ITEM ROLL RANGE

EVENT: OPERATION OMEGA RETURNS!

NEW TEAM-UP HERO: QUICKSILVER

Sweeeeeeeeet.

Very welcome additions.

Hey all, new around these parts. Could I get an invite to the supergroup? My name in game is Mentosrock. If this isn't the place to ask that, apologies!

Indignate

I heard yall were talking shit about Squirrel Girl.

Ya'll lucky I retired or else I'd step into the ring and show yuh ah thang or two.

Doomsaw has been saying that the inspiration for Nick Fury's power trees is gonna be the D2 Necromancer (he's even nicknamed him "Nickromancer" a few times on the forums).

That actually sounds great. Outside of the semi-decent Nick Fury MAX run, I don't like the character one bit, but if he's a summoner I'm all about it.

I heard yall were talking shit about Squirrel Girl.

Ya'll lucky I retired or else I'd step into the ring and show yuh ah thang or two.

She's good, but she isn't a summoner a la necromancer. Her squirrels don't aggro stuff, if I remember correctly. I shelved her long ago.

Durden77

Hmmmm so I'm just starting, and I kind of want to make the Punisher as my starter, but I feel like I'm missing out by not getting an Avenger. Are they hard to get?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Hmmmm so I'm just starting, and I kind of want to make the Punisher as my starter, but I feel like I'm missing out by not getting an Avenger. Are they hard to get?

The "hardest" to get is Ironman who costs 600 splinters. The rest all cost 400 just like Punisher

The Punisher is really dang good, but I find his play style more complicated than the Avengers by a considerable amount. Nobody in this game is that hard to use, but he's up there relatively.

I'd recommend destroying stuff as Captain America for your first character. He's good at everything, ready to use, and a ton of fun.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
dr doom could be 600 splinter.

ffs

Still too early to tell, it will depend on how funky things get in the next few weeks. He's definitely on a trajectory to hit the high splinter mark right now, but we'll see.

Dr. Doom is scheduled to release on our two-year anniversary, which is June 4th, 2015.

That's the target, so assume plus or minus one week depending on how testing goes.

Dr. Doom has a fairly high amount of new tech to build on the back end (for his resource and a few of his powers), but we did start fairly early on him, so we'll see how it goes in the next few weeks.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I had the feeling that was going to be the case. I'm gonna end up buying his preorder pack anyway though.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
dr doom could be 600 splinter.

ffs

Well, we were due one by now. How many did the first Advance Pack have, 2? Strange and Rogue?

Doom was always a high possibility to be 600, in fact he's like the only one from this year's pack since Iceman wasn't one

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Did you not buy the pack or something?

I really hope he has the effort put into him to make him worth 600 ES. Nothing but good IMO.

i brought the pack i just hate how they constanly say this hero will be our last 600 for a long time we have built some new tech etc etc then couple months later say things like this.

i dont see doom doing anything special not like the tech they had to make for rogue and is updated every month anyway.

inky

We talked more about this on guild chat but I'm more annoyed at the team up prices if I'm honest. One hero being 600 every now and then doesn't bother me.

And yea, I know voice acting is the reason, yada yada-

Durden77

The "hardest" to get is Ironman who costs 600 splinters. The rest all cost 400 just like Punisher

The Punisher is really dang good, but I find his play style more complicated than the Avengers by a considerable amount. Nobody in this game is that hard to use, but he's up there relatively.

I'd recommend destroying stuff as Captain America for your first character. He's good at everything, ready to use, and a ton of fun.

Hulk is also really great if you want an easy start/experience/quick daily/XP farming.

Cool thanks for the advice. I tried out Hulk, Cap, Iron Man, Rocket, and Punisher, albiet all breifly, and the Punisher seemed like the one I would have the most fun with. Dumpin on fools is fun. Although hearing that Iron Man is expensive makes me consider starting with him. He was fun and of course he's awesome, I just get sick of playing as him in every Marvel game.

I would go with Hulk since I love the fucker, but there's something about starting out with the Hulk that just feels....wrong. He's too godly for that lol. And plus I don't imagine his moveset is more than SMASH really, although it might be fun.

Dec

Cool thanks for the advice. I tried out Hulk, Cap, Iron Man, Rocket, and Punisher, albiet all breifly, and the Punisher seemed like the one I would have the most fun with. Dumpin on fools is fun. Although hearing that Iron Man is expensive makes me consider starting with him. He was fun and of course he's awesome, I just get sick of playing as him in every Marvel game.

I would go with Hulk since I love the fucker, but there's something about starting out with the Hulk that just feels....wrong. He's too godly for that lol. And plus I don't imagine his moveset is more than SMASH really, although it might be fun.

I wouldn't start with iron man. Decent chances you'll get him as a random with enough time anyways. Punisher of the ones your considering is probably the one I would recommend.

Drayco21

for example if you are only a fan of garbage characters like Kaine Spider-man

tumblr_mv5cl79JYN1qeedhto1_400.gif

Et tu, Affe?

Rhaknar

Kinda regret some of the costumes I've blended. It's fun to change it up from time to time even if you prefer one costume over another. I've been saving a lot more recently and only blending ones I truly dislike

Off the top of my head, I blended x-force wolverine and deadpool for example :/

Kinda regret some of the costumes I've blended. It's fun to change it up from time to time even if you prefer one costume over another. I've been saving a lot more recently and only blending ones I truly dislike

Off the top of my head, I blended x-force wolverine and deadpool for example :/

You're a monster...those costumes are the best. I only blend garbage costumes like wolverine's fang costume or villain costumes.

Rhaknar

You're a monster...those costumes are the best. I only blend garbage costumes like wolverine's fang costume or villain costumes.

It was during my "I only need 1 costume per hero whaa" phase

Rhaknar

You should've skipped that phase.

I did?

I have a stash almost full of costumes now. 3 for Hulk, 2 for Storm, 2 for Cyke, 2 for Colossus etc. Like I said I'm blending a lot less now, only the ones I really hate

I still need to prestige Psylocke one day to get her default back

I did?

I have a stash almost full of costumes now. 3 for Hulk, 2 for Storm, 2 for Cyke, 2 for Colossus etc. Like I said I'm blending a lot less now, only the ones I really hate

I still need to prestige Psylocke one day to get her default back

I mean skipped from the start. And why ever use any Psylocke costume other than Lady Mandy?

Rhaknar

I mean skipped from the start. And why ever use any Psylocke costume other than Lady Mandy?

Because sometimes you want to change it up, even if you like one costume more than another. I just said it Frost!

I actually kinda enjoy his move set, but yeah, he's ridiculously godly, in the top few characters in the game, so everyone thereafter would feel lacklustre in the damage department lol

Durden77

So I went with the Punisher. Diggin him a lot so far. I just bought Magneto with splinters, but I can't use him and can't find anything in my inventory about it. I'm probably just stupid but what's the deal?

Gothos

Noone answered me in the Comics OT so I'll ask here: what should I read before jumping into Secret Wars? New Avengers/Avengers only?

So I went with the Punisher. Diggin him a lot so far. I just bought Magneto with splinters, but I can't use him and can't find anything in my inventory about it. I'm probably just stupid but what's the deal?

Check your inventory for a picture of magneto, if you see one right click it.

If your inventory was full when you bought him then he may be in your bank, check there.

There will also be an over flow inventory, look for an orange box on the right hand side of the screen, he may be there.

Sblargh

Banned
Noone answered me in the Comics OT so I'll ask here: what should I read before jumping into Secret Wars? New Avengers/Avengers only?

Pretty much. I'd recommend Hickman's run with Fantastic Four just because it is incredible, but you really only need New Avengers/Avengers.

And also, tbh, not really that much happened.I mean, important stuff happened, but more in quality than quantity.

Hellers

I really can't decide who I want to level first. I have Cyclops, Storm, Squirrel Girl, Punisher and Loki at the moment. I tried a few levels of Hulk last night and loved him though.

SO MUCH TO DO :)

Think this will ever get a ps4 release?

Also, am I able to use a controller with this?

It's been hinted but not confirmed in any way that they're looking at consoles. It's been heavily hinted that they're working on controller support. There are some workarounds online but they don't work very well from what I've read.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I'm fairly sure it'll come to PS4 eventually but I wouldn't hold my breath just yet. I wouldn't be surprised at all by an E3 announcement though.

Rhaknar

its bizarre how for all we know they are working on a console version, and yet most new heroes and reviews have more and more buttons to use :/

Moondrop

Banned
Also, am I able to use a controller with this?
I've gone out of my way to use a controller in various PC games. But I just don't know how I would handle AoE placement and travel powers with variable distance. Nevertheless, I do have a vague plan to find just the right melee hero and work up an Xpadder profile. Wolverine perhaps? Haven't gotten to X-23 yet.

Top Bottom