• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Sblargh

Banned
Ant Man is either gonna suck or be super fun, no middle ground. The character, not the movie, which is the first Marvel movie that just looks really lame to me in a long time

I loved the trailer.

This is not a jab at you, it's an observation in general, but I think every marvel movie coming out now (since Guardians, I think), people are going "oh, this is the one that will finally suck".

Marvel movies have been in such a godlike streak now, I think people are subconsciously preparing themselves to be disappointed by the next one; whatever that is.

Raxious

Started this game on Monday:

kJpTTon.png

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I loved the trailer.

This is not a jab at you, it's an observation in general, but I think every marvel movie coming out now (since Guardians, I think), people are going "oh, this is the one that will finally suck".

Marvel movies have been in such a godlike streak now, I think people are subconsciously preparing themselves to be disappointed by the next one; whatever that is.

I don't know, I feel like people were excited for GOTG and AoU for sure. I know I was. I just... don't think Ant Man is looking good. I also don't give a fiddle for the character, his powers and the entire aesthetic, which is a huge part of the appeal in a superhero movie of course.

I also don't give a fiddle for the character, his powers and the entire aesthetic, which is a huge part of the appeal in a superhero movie of course.

That was a similar feeling that most people had about GotG though and Marvel managed to make the majority of people love them. They may be able to do the same with Ant-Man

Granted it seems like you already know about Ant-Man and don't like what you know so they might not be able to turn it around for you.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I loved the trailer.

AOU was that for me.

Was excited for it but it was just average for me, nothing special.

Sblargh

Banned
I loved AoU, too. lol. And I'm excited for Ant-Man because if they manage to capture the feel of the current Ant-Man series, it will be great. All about that Scott Lang being a kind of middle age crisis Peter Parker.

I mean, I'm a Marvel fanboy, I know I'm easy to please when it comes to Marvel. But I honestly thought AoU was special. Marvel movies are beggining to feel formulaic, but goddamn if it isn't a formula that works on me every single time.

Also, anyone got the latest Agents of SHIELD? I mean, damn, the entire episode was about two characters talking to each other and it was so intense. There was also a firefight somewhere on the episode that I went "woah, agents of SHIELD director as if you were only one person, when did you learn to direct amazing actions sequences?"

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I loved AoU, too. lol. And I'm excited for Ant-Man because if they manage to capture the feel of the current Ant-Man series, it will be great. All about that Scott Lang being a kind of middle age crisis Peter Parker.

I mean, I'm a Marvel fanboy, I know I'm easy to please when it comes to Marvel. But I honestly thought AoU was special. Marvel movies are beggining to feel formulaic, but goddamn if it isn't a formula that works on me every single time.

Also, anyone got the latest Agents of SHIELD? I mean, damn, the entire episode was about two characters talking to each other and it was so intense. There was also a firefight somewhere on the episode that I went "woah, agents of SHIELD director as if you were only one person, when did you learn to direct amazing actions sequences?"
Oh, don't get me wrong I'm a MASSIVE Marvel fanboy and I enjoyed AOU I just didnt love it, I think it was the constant jokes.

And AOS is amazing this season.

LuuKyK

The constant jokes in AOU are indeed annoying and they get old by the third time they repeat it. Almost impossible to take the movie seriously. And its pace is all over the place too, it only gets good by the end. I still enjoyed it, but it could have been much better.

can someone invite me to the supergroup?

Shiftplusone

I've been playing ms marvel again recently...

I finished the story mode with her (34) and now i'm trying to figure out how to get to max level. Is it green terminals I should be doing? or some kind of raid things?

can someone invite me to the supergroup?

Shiftplusone

I've been playing ms marvel again recently...

I finished the story mode with her (34) and now i'm trying to figure out how to get to max level. Is it green terminals I should be doing? or some kind of raid things?

Legendary quests are what you want to do. They will take you all over the game but give the highest amount of xp.

Unicorn

So what's the other currency that isn't G and regular coins. Looks like a spark or flame or something. I want Psylocke. There's the G which is Real money, but I can't buy any of the other non-coin currency.

Dec

So what's the other currency that isn't G and regular coins. Looks like a spark or flame or something. I want Psylocke. There's the G which is Real money, but I can't buy any of the other non-coin currency.

Eternity Splinters.

They drop during gameplay of all types.

It is the currency for buying heroes and team ups without spending money. The vendor is in avengers tower to the right of the bank, Adam Warlock. (there is a vendor in every hub but that one is probably easiest to find)

I think with the new log in reward system you get 400 splinters for logging in 2 days in a row on a new account. That is enough to buy Psylocke.

Unicorn

Thanks for the reply. I got Iron Man and Rocket Raccoon to level 10. Iron man seemed waaay stronger than Rocket.

Is there a quicker way to get the splinters?

Dec

Thanks for the reply. I got Iron Man and Rocket Raccoon to level 10. Iron man seemed waaay stronger than Rocket.

Is there a quicker way to get the splinters?

Rocket is a summon hero, a very large portion of his damage is actually done by Groot and Groot's damage scales based off a stat called Summon Damage % that is a little tough to come by until later on.

I don't know where Rocket stacks up against Iron Man in the end game, but I think he is probably a bit behind him as summon heroes need a bit of a rework in general.

Splinters are affected by special item find but I'm not 100% sure in what way. They are on a timer, about every 5-8 minutes you will get a splinter drop. When it drops there is a rare chance at two and an extremely rare chance at 10x splinters. Special Item Find probably very slightly reduces the time window between splinter drops if I had to guess.

They sell fairly cheap boosts at certain times that multiply splinter drops by quite a lot also. Instead of getting 1, you always get 2 sometimes 3, sometimes even more etc.

As I said you get a lump of 200 x2 splinters for logging in day 1 and 2 on a new account I believe. So in this way you get a starter hero, then a hero of your choice on your second day of playing (most heroes are 200 or 400 splinters, maybe 6 or 7 are 600).

Aside from that you just play and get them every 5-8 minutes. It's a little slow going but at the beginning random boxes are a fantastic way to use your splinters. If you want more than one specific hero to get started (1 free from log in rewards) that might be where you would have to drop some money.

So if you just play for 2 days you should have 1 of 14 or whatever of the starters, a hero of your choice, and by the time you level either of those two up you will have enough for a random hero.

Why is there no Marrow hero?
:p

Because Marrow is not a B-, C-, or even D-lister, she's about an O-lister when it comes to relevance to the Marvel Universe of any sort, and Gazillion likely will be more focused on bringing in actually important mutants as playable, like the mainstays of the X-Men, X-Force and various villains, before even thinking about delving into making the Morlocks playable. Especially considering that Marvel is likely going to cut off the mutant properties from the main MU.

MvC2 is not a very good indicator of character importance; Shuma-Gorath appears in like 3 stories.

Rizzi

Because Marrow is not a B-, C-, or even D-lister, she's about an O-lister when it comes to relevance to the Marvel Universe of any sort, and Gazillion likely will be more focused on bringing in actually important mutants as playable, like the mainstays of the X-Men, X-Force and various villains, before even thinking about delving into making the Morlocks playable. Especially considering that Marvel is likely going to cut off the mutant properties from the main MU.

MvC2 is not a very good indicator of character importance; Shuma-Gorath appears in like 3 stories.

Pffft. Marrow is my favourite mutant. Yeah, I know she's like the least relevant character to anything ever, but I still like her. :p
Never played MvC2.

Pffft. Marrow is my favourite mutant. Yeah, I know she's like the least relevant character to anything ever, but I still like her. :p
Never played MvC2.

I assumed you did, given this is a gaming forum and most people only know Marrow from MvC2, apologies. :p
And I do understand your woes, I like obscure characters myself, but you should consider them being playable a pipedream - Gazillion only releases 12-15ish heroes a year, and there's still many many big names missing. I can see her come out as a team-up maybe.

Rizzi

I assumed you did, given this is a gaming forum and most people only know Marrow from MvC2, apologies. :p
And I do understand your woes, I like obscure characters myself, but you should consider them being playable a pipedream - Gazillion only releases 12-15ish heroes a year, and there's still many many big names missing. I can see her come out as a team-up maybe.

Haha it's cool.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I got the free Marvel Unlimited trial. The last thing I read was AvX, what's been good since then? I dove into the Infinity stuff yesterday.

I got the free Marvel Unlimited trial. The last thing I read was AvX, what's been good since then? I dove into the Infinity stuff yesterday.

Avengers arena, Thor, moon knight, silver surfer, Hawkeye, Daredevil, all new X-Men, and avengers/new avengers if you like Hickman jargon comics.

Infinity, like most events, was really disappointing. Original Sin was the next major event and it was more or less a decent standalone story.

Lord Phol

Been trying out alot of heroes lately to find someone new to gear and finally settled on Psylocke. Playing her melee mental with projections is very fun, she really feels like a psychic ninja with all the stealthing and dashing. Kind of reminds me of Zed from LoL.

Rizzi

Heh, I was trying to decide between Captain America and Venom.
I bought Venom and the random hero unlock they gave me was Captain America.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Avengers arena, Thor, moon knight, silver surfer, Hawkeye, Daredevil, all new X-Men, and avengers/new avengers if you like Hickman jargon comics.

Infinity, like most events, was really disappointing. Original Sin was the next major event and it was more or less a decent standalone story.

Yeah not sure why I bother with them tbh. None of it has been good since Siege imo. AvX had some moments I guess, and was important enough that I didn't mind reading it. I read the first 6 or so issues of Hawkeye way back when, that was great, I might pick that back up for sure. I'm also interested in Thor, especially the lady Thor stuff.

I feel like you just answered this but is Axis worth reading? I tried the first "lead-in" issue MU recommended and felt totally lost. Comics continuity is tiresome to keep up with.

Lord Phol

About how much is a top/max rolled SWGN worth now? Also C/O does that mean current highest bid?

Edit: C/O means Current Offer and a SWGN seems to be worth 6-10 GoKs.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
got hulk from 1-60 between Friday and Saturday. Probably a few hours played. Working on Hawkeye right now and man is he tough to get into... super squishy and no real takedown powers until his signature... screeching arrow to a lesser degree I suppose. And so so so squishy... ugh.. To go from Hulk (who granted is pretty faceroll) to this is pretty shocking.. So I have him at 37.. I mean do those last 23 levels get any easier?

mind you I am being a 1st world problems baby right now.. I have like 530% bonus xp on my account plus whatever omega + avengers bonuses are up to now.. So I mean I'll have him level 60 in an hour or two more /played. but man... so squishy.

will move on to vision, cap or IM after Hawk.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Cosmic patrols as a melee character are absolute fucking bullshit. That is all.

Sblargh

Banned
Yeah not sure why I bother with them tbh. None of it has been good since Siege imo. AvX had some moments I guess, and was important enough that I didn't mind reading it. I read the first 6 or so issues of Hawkeye way back when, that was great, I might pick that back up for sure. I'm also interested in Thor, especially the lady Thor stuff.

I feel like you just answered this but is Axis worth reading? I tried the first "lead-in" issue MU recommended and felt totally lost. Comics continuity is tiresome to keep up with.

Axis itself is meh, all of the spin-offs focusing on villains trying to be good are excellent, otoh.

Have you read Waid's run on Daredevil? The last three years are amazing. Hell, go back and start with the entire Bendis run since that has been the best Marvel comic for almost a decade.

Fraction's ongoing Hawkeye is great. Super delayed and inconsistent publishing, but that won't affect you on MU. I believe it has 20 issues on there and they are totally worth it.

The Fraction/Brubaker run on Iron Fist from a few years ago was amazing and must read stuff.

Rick Remender took over Captain America in 2012 and that run was really excellent. I'm a Remender fanboy, but it's as good as what Brubaker did with the Winter Soldier run.

Jason Aaron's run on Thor (God of Thunder) is the black metal of comics, and great if you like the character.

Hickman is the man right now at Marvel, and the first issue of Secret Wars is the best opening to an event in years. I highly recommend catching up on the entire Avengers/New Avengers run. I think 80% of it is on MU, and it will take awhile to get through. Technically, the premise starts with his Fantastic Four/FF stuff, but I'm not familiar enough to recommend it.

All-New X-Men is Bendis being Bendis. Skip it, unless the idea of displaced 1960s characters acting dumb is appealing.

Uncanny Avengers is surprisingly good. Dat Remender.

I really like the current Black Widow run. Same for the Punisher one.

Ellis did the first six issues of Moon knight. Good stuff.

There's universal love for the current Ms. Marvel run. I haven't touched it yet so I can't comment.

-------

Alternatively, start with Avengers Disassembled and go through all the major Marvel events in sequential order. That's what most of the movie content is centered on. Skip Shadowland at all cost. This is what I'm doing now.
http://www.comicbookherald.com/the-complete-marvel-reading-order-guide/

Wait! The list above is only good if you've already read all of Uncanny X-Force. If not, ignore everything else and just read that. Best X comic ever.

Sblargh

Banned
Ooh, that link is good. I got a new (well, my first ever) tablet mainly to read comic books and I'll sure be using that reading order guide.

As someone who basically did that list on my own when I got back into comics a few years back, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Event chasing is the most unsatisfying way to read comics ever. The best thing about events is being exposed to lots of characters so you can decide to look into their solo or team stuff.

Tendo

Is there a list of achievement costumes or teamups available? I took a hiatus and seems cheevos can unlock some goodies?

Top Bottom