• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Red terminals are certainly not an effort-free cakewalk for new players on most characters either, and you can start doing those at like, level 20 I think?

Hellers

I dunno. I tried to do a red Kingpin run on my level 35 (At the time) Storm and I had to be very careful how much I pulled during the levels and ended up death rushing the final fight until I killed Kingpin. It was certainly a wakeup call

So he wrote planet hulk?

That would be Greg Pak. And yes, those are good stories. But they pale in comparison to the twelve year run that Peter David did on the character. Pretty much everything you think of when you think of the Hulk came from the pen of Peter David.

It's hard to even consider level 60 to be "endgame" a it doesn't take very long to level.

Exactly. Even without boosts, you can hit 60 in a day or two. With boosts, it's easily done in a day. This game follows a similar formula to almost every game in the genre, and ties end game progression to gear. There is a lot of inherent grinding involved in getting your level 66/69 unique upgrades, earning Odin marks for legendaries and blessings, and then there are 7,500 omega points which aren't grinding themselves. Then you have the urge to grind multiple characters to get their synergies and the experience modifier up to 200%. Then you have to grind your pet...

The difference between a fresh 60 and one with maxed out gear and max omegas is crazy.

inky

You can get to 60 in a day doing 1 mode only. In the overall scheme of things, getting one hero to level 60 is like 10% towards "endgame".

Endgame really is getting all the 66/69 recipes, token uniques, adding challenges to your gear, farming special artifacts, blessings, prestige, etc. And doing all the content where that gear counts.

I took a break before all those mechanics were added, and even when I have 15 heroes at level 60 with full uniques and a legendary on most, things like cosmic Midtown I can only do with a couple of them without dying over and over.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I have 69 for slot1 and no other 66's yet. The dailies/weeklies really do help a ton, before they came out I really never thought I would have enough commendations for really anything.

I probably shouldn't have bought the fragment of twilight recipe yet, though. It's not like I'll ever have any ingots. OH WELL.

In other news, I got Hulk to 60 last night and Vision is almost there too. I'm still kind of torn on Vision, I really like playing him for the most part, I just wish he packed a bit more oomph.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
You can get to 60 in a day doing 1 mode only. In the overall scheme of things, getting one hero to level 60 is like 10% towards "endgame".

Endgame really is getting all the 66/69 recipes, token uniques, adding challenges to your gear, farming special artifacts, blessings, prestige, etc. And doing all the content where that gear counts.

I took a break before all those mechanics were added, and even when I have 15 heroes at level 60 with full uniques and a legendary on most, things like cosmic Midtown I can only do with a couple of them without dying over and over.

What mode?

inky

Just doing Midtown during the event cuts it, but yes, doing XDEF or Holo Sim first to unlock legendary quests is even more efficient.

Rerolling quests, boosts, synergies, etc. just makes it that much faster.

Anoregon

I actually just made a Heartbreaker for my SW cuz yolo.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
using omega buff + midtown to lvl a bunch of legendaries to rank 5 /shrug

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Damn ; so there is no reason to play it for me, unfortunately.
???

You: "When does the game become difficult?"
Others: "At 60."
You: "I don't want to get to 60."

Am I missing something? Things are kept "fairly" light and breezy at levels 1-59 because you are still getting powers up through level 52. If they made things difficult WHILE you were still learning you character.. I mean how frustrating would that be? This is pretty much standard ARPG. Keep things moving while you are learning/building your character.. Then once you have some experience under your belt make shit tough as nails.

It's not like it's a major effort to get a character to 60. Today through Wednesday you should be able to get any character there in one day, two days at worst. Stack up some boosts and I think I am half-assed power leveling the avengers in like 4ish hours each.

Mugaaz

High wave Xdef and Holosim is tough right away. However, let's be honest, the ARPG genre has never been great at taking things to an extremely high difficulty level. The few times it has been tried resulted in hatred by most players

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
FFS why do I keep dying in Midtown as Iron Man.

Hordes of enemies just fucking appear and swamp me, usually after I've just killed the previous horde with my signature move.

I have 69 for slot1 and no other 66's yet. The dailies/weeklies really do help a ton, before they came out I really never thought I would have enough commendations for really anything.

I probably shouldn't have bought the fragment of twilight recipe yet, though. It's not like I'll ever have any ingots. OH WELL.

Wait...what? You have one slot at 69 and everything else isn't upgraded?

I'm sitting at three 66 slots and two 69 ones, but most of that is residual from when we were raiding frequently. Progress is going much slower doing now that I'm just doing the influence quests and the one shots.

borghe

Really enjoying the Omega Event. Went from two 60s (Wanda and Deadpool) to six 60s (Doc Strange, Hulk, Captain America, and Hawkeye) just since Thursday. Going to get Iron Man tonight and then Wednesday night get my last quick 60 in. Not sure who I want to do. At that point the bonus will be high enough that I won't care if it's an Avenger or not.

Thoughts?
Ghost Rider
Rocket
Spidey
Surfer
????

I own almost everyone prior to Advance Pack 2 (and Vision) so if anyone has a strong suggestion that's not one of those I'd be game for that also.

Edit - I should add that it's not only the event bonus. I am also running ~420% account bonus between synergy and buffs.

Edit 2 - Hawkeye also takes the award for "from zero to hero". I friggin hated playing him all the way to his late 40s. Almost shelved him. But between screeching arrow and the "+900 damage to taunted enemies" advanced artifact, he's a genuine god now. Kudos Gaz.

Really enjoying the Omega Event. Went from two 60s (Wanda and Deadpool) to six 60s (Doc Strange, Hulk, Captain America, and Hawkeye) just since Thursday. Going to get Iron Man tonight and then Wednesday night get my last quick 60 in. Not sure who I want to do. At that point the bonus will be high enough that I won't care if it's an Avenger or not.

Thoughts?
Ghost Rider
Rocket
Spidey
Surfer
????

He does pretty good damage and his animations are slick. Was my favorite character in game for a long time before Cap got real strong. Even when he was weaker he was awesome. Ride that blazing bike around and try not to laugh yourself to seizure with pure joy and hellfire.

Dec

Thats not a good answer to my question then, its basically end-game :p
When is first difficulty spike and by difficulty spike i mean a moment when You have to stay awake when You fight.

Level up by doing legendary quests in red terminals. That can be quite challenging unless you are prestiging.

More experience for more difficulty.

He does pretty good damage and his animations are slick. Was my favorite character in game for a long time before Cap got real strong. Even when he was weaker he was awesome. Ride that blazing bike around and try not to laugh yourself to seizure with pure joy and hellfire.
God I hate his motorcycle. It's so slow!

Sblargh

Banned
Both Ghost Rider and Silver Surger can be godlike. RR has some very unique gameplay with his turrets. And Spider-man is... well, he is spider-man, I guess.

Off-topic: Some Marvel Unlimited comics are so amazing when it comes to the smart panels, but most are... urgh. I know it's probably some underpayed stoned intern doing the smart paneling, but c'mon man, focus!

borghe

Both Ghost Rider and Silver Surger can be godlike. RR has some very unique gameplay with his turrets. And Spider-man is... well, he is spider-man, I guess.

Off-topic: Some Marvel Unlimited comics are so amazing when it comes to the smart panels, but most are... urgh. I know it's probably some underpayed stoned intern doing the smart paneling, but c'mon man, focus!

I find the comixology smart panel stuff so so in general. When I got my iPad I forever gave up reading on my phone. Read comics iPad only now. Slightly less portable. Way higher quality.

I put a hell of a lot of time into Ghost Rider back at launch. He was one of my first chatacters too and he was a lucky roll out of the Eternity Splinter random hero unlock.

Need to go back to him soon.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Spent many hours in Cosmic MM today, leveling various heroes' legendaries (there's a step after 25 legendaries - 50. Ugh.)

Observations: most melee characters have it real, real rough compared to ranged. It wasn't until I switched to Hawkeye that I started kind of having a great time. Awesome damage, oddly tanky for a ranged, Hawkeye is up there with the best of them right now. I did okay as melee BW thanks to many stealth procs on my gear (and her sig), and Vision can survive okay too thanks to his active heal skill. But Bucky was unplayable for me. X-23 is hard, because as a movement build, I can't just position her easily, I'm always moving, so I'm just bound to eat it here and there. Ghost Rider does okay, as long you avoid the one-shots, because he heals up very quickly. Basically, it's one-shot city, and the more %chance to block/evade an attack you have, the better. But really, go ranged or go home.

Also I have hella Odin marks, debating who to get a level 80 leg. Is the jump from Power Cosmic to a level 80 leg worth it or is it better to get one for non-hybrid?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I also spent the day leveling various legendaries in cosmic MM.

1322974365211.png

Sblargh

Banned
All of my cosmic patrolling was with captain america and it isn't generally *that* hard except for specific bosses or situations. From what I can remember now: Hyde one-shots me with his shockwaves (and I don't think that has any kind of tell, it just travel slows, which is insignificant if you are glued to him) and Mole Man also downs me really fast with the fireballs he shoots from his staff (again, no tell afaik).

Other than that, I usually die when, I think, I am supposed to die in a game like this, meaning, when I am being overwhelmed by enemies, I run out of cooldowns, and just stay there pressing a button that does nothing while standing still; something I get away with on cosmic terminals, but I don't feel like I should, lol.

Other than that, stuff just takes long. If you usually have to ignore ambushes to get to your objective, this is 5 times more true on the cosmic patrols, because clearing a screen takes a lot of time.

I understand the "makes Legendary choice an important decision", but it was stupid if a character has a review that makes build choice different (or on characters with multiple specs).

Step in the right direction, but why lose 200 Odins?

That literally makes no sense.

In other news: Here's a HUGE Hulkbuster.

Haha awesome!

Rhaknar

Movie hulk buster size is awful but I'm aparently the only person that thinks that. Oh well

Says right there, they want these Legendaries to be a big choice you make.

Ah yes, another completely sensible decision in a game with FORTY SEVEN classes, soon to be fifty five

<3 Hulkbuster, old and new.

Model is amazing, just th3 size is wrong compared to every other character. Actually that's not true, the normal size (which is as big as the old one or as the big guys with 3 size increases) is fine, it's just that since the default is that big, it looks completely out of place with any increase

On a side note, so that people know for the next couple days, the 50% Avengers XP buff is multiplicative with the Omega one. If you've been leveling an Avenger, you've probably noticed that XP gain is crazy and this is the reason why.

Right now the server side XP buff for Omega is at 120% (220% XP gain). As an Avenger you get 50% of that as a bonus, so an extra 110% for a total of 330%. This makes the current server side bonus 230%, which is the second highest it has ever been. This means on Wednesday (possibly the last full day of this event), the server side buff for playing an Avenger character is 302%, which is absolutely ridiculous. For every XP boost you pop, you'll get triple the benefits.

This is, without question, the best time to level characters/prestige/Omega point farm. Get on it people!

On a side note, so that people know for the next couple days, the 50% Avengers XP buff is multiplicative with the Omega one. If you've been leveling an Avenger, you've probably noticed that XP gain is crazy and this is the reason why.

Right now the server side XP buff for Omega is at 120% (220% XP gain). As an Avenger you get 50% of that as a bonus, so an extra 110% for a total of 330%. This makes the current server side bonus 230%, which is the second highest it has ever been. This means on Wednesday (possibly the last full day of this event), the server side buff for playing an Avenger character is 302%, which is absolutely ridiculous. For every XP boost you pop, you'll get triple the benefits.

This is, without question, the best time to level characters/prestige/Omega point farm. Get on it people!

Whooooaahhhhhh....

Tasky, you're gonna be my bitch.

Rhaknar

Let's be real, there aren't 47 classes.

Characters, which all do the same thing in slightly different ways, yes.

Classes, hell nah. Not even close.

Not gonna argue this with you (half because I can't tell when you're not trolling), so let's agree to disagree

Top Bottom