• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Ice Loki is fun, I used to hate him when I played summoner (wel..."summoner", as a fanboy of summoner classes in these games, hes not actually a summoner at all) and hated him, then one day decided to go full caster, as really liked him.

Yep, as melee you're always gonna get hit by the boss abilities first. When I go there on Cap I just run away and jump back in when abilities are off cooldown.

My Invisible Woman though can just hang out in Cosmic Midtown/ICP no problem, and she has like 16k health.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
What's a good Hulk build? I messed around with the skills, not sure what to max besides the obvious (passives, the Meteor).

the meteor is actually a 1 pointer

edit: or used to be? aparently not any more? oh well. full points for a 1min cd makes my skin itch, but I guess theres the TTKs to think about. My build is the same as above except with Pummle instead of meteor (with meteor being 1 point like I said)

Admodieus

Came back to the game recently and picked up Iceman who I have always loved playing as in Ultimate Alliance or X-Men Legends. What seems to be the best/most fun spec for him? I'm seeing that he can be built melee, ranged/shatter, and summoner.

Also, any basic tips on gearing (what legendary to shoot for) for each spec would help. I have 230 Odin marks from when I played previously so I could get a new one soon.

Play as a ranged character

You say this a bunch, but honestly I'd sooner take a melee character in there over a ranged. The majority of ranged characters have awful defensive profiles.

the meteor is actually a 1 pointer

edit: or used to be? aparently not any more? oh well. full points for a 1min cd makes my skin itch, but I guess theres the TTKs to think about. My build is the same as above except with Pummle instead of meteor (with meteor being 1 point like I said)

Hulk's sustained damage is not so great. Once you gear up to where your crit/brut chances are really high, Meteor does wonders for boss killing, which is what you care about anyway.

Came back to the game recently and picked up Iceman who I have always loved playing as in Ultimate Alliance or X-Men Legends. What seems to be the best/most fun spec for him? I'm seeing that he can be built melee, ranged/shatter, and summoner.

Also, any basic tips on gearing (what legendary to shoot for) for each spec would help. I have 230 Odin marks from when I played previously so I could get a new one soon.

Spec depends entirely on how you like to play. Ranged, melee, and summoner hybrids have all been touted as fun by different people, so choose whichever you like. Shoot for Gungnir as your first legendary.

My Invisible Woman though can just hang out in Cosmic Midtown/ICP no problem, and she has like 16k health.

She's the closest I have to a main right now and an absolute monster in there. Any death I have is because I screwed up. You can pop invisibility with her basically whenever you want and regen full health and spirit. She does decent output from a distance, and has a bubble that allows her to survive most one-shot skills.

She's up there with the best in terms of surviving cosmic patrols.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Latest newsAvenger boost had a promo code and thr buffs were tagged without the trade so people are trading then also some avenger boosts in store seem to not tag with not tradeable. So yea wonder how they will fix this people are trading these for Liz formulas and necklaces

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Yep, as melee you're always gonna get hit by the boss abilities first. When I go there on Cap I just run away and jump back in when abilities are off cooldown.

Oh yeah? I got her a long time ago in a random box and never touched her. I will try her out after I finally finish Scarlet Witch.

Latest newsAvenger boost had a promo code and thr buffs were tagged without the trade so people are trading then also some avenger boosts in store seem to not tag with not tradeable. So yea wonder how they will fix this people are trading these for Liz formulas and necklaces

If they truly cared about the Avengers boost being tradeable, they would've patched it super fast. At the moment they probably don't mind if people are spending tons of money to trade for an artifact.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
You say this a bunch, but honestly I'd sooner take a melee character in there over a ranged. The majority of ranged characters have awful defensive profiles.

A one-shot is a one-shot regardless of who you're playing. I'm less likely to get hit by them when I'm at range and the boss is attacking Cap or whoever and I'm not standing in an indistinct blob of characters and effects. I had most fun and died least in CMM as Hawkeye and Cyclops, and movement characters like Surfer and X-23 are the absolute worst because having to move constantly makes it impossible to not eat it at some point because you moved to the wrong place. But hey if you do better as a melee power to you, I just find it aggravating as hell most of the time.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Anyone elses game take a while to load enemies and items on ground when entering a new area like Midtown?

Just got IM to 45. He's no my highest, NC is 42.

I had most fun and died least in CMM as Hawkeye

You are a far better player than me. I'm not geared super defensively, but my Hawkeye would melt to ranged trash even. It felt like I was playing Ikaruga out there, dodging a million enemy bullets while trying to take them down before they got me.

A one-shot is a one-shot regardless of who you're playing. I'm less likely to get hit by them when I'm at range and the boss is attacking Cap or whoever and I'm not standing in an indistinct blob of characters and effects. I had most fun and died least in CMM as Hawkeye and Cyclops, and movement characters like Surfer and X-23 are the absolute worst because having to move constantly makes it impossible to not eat it at some point because you moved to the wrong place. But hey if you do better as a melee power to you, I just find it aggravating as hell most of the time.

It's nothing special I'm doing personally. Cap should be surviving better than Cyclops in there. Not sure how you're experiencing the opposite.

It's nothing special I'm doing personally. Cap should be surviving better than Cyclops in there. Not sure how you're experiencing the opposite.

When you're melee it's difficult to see the one-shot kill mechanics through the haze of combat and flashy AOE abilities. Sometimes the telegraphs are impossible to see and you just have to guess.

I do fine on my Cap as well, but I can see exactly what he's saying.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Today is my 200th login, so I get fancy wolverine teamup when I get home. Fun times!

Vecks

Anyone elses game take a while to load enemies and items on ground when entering a new area like Midtown?

Just got IM to 45. He's no my highest, NC is 42.

I think that's how it's supposed to be. IIRC, there used to be a lot of stuttering in midtown because of loading everything at once, so they changed how it loaded to reduce the stuttering.

What's a good Scarlet Witch build. I don't have 7500 omegas or anything like that and I refuse to use two skill bars (Sorry Dr. Strange: I still love you).

When you're melee it's difficult to see the one-shot kill mechanics through the haze of combat and flashy AOE abilities. Sometimes the telegraphs are impossible to see and you just have to guess.

I do fine on my Cap as well, but I can see exactly what he's saying.

My point was more the flipside of that. That most ranged characters are so squishy you'll die to random projectiles just as fast, if not faster, than a melee to one shots. That seems more frustrating if you ask me. Of course, builds and gear factor in too.

Rhaknar

re-specced Spidey back to melee and found out he has a death from above move on the right side tree. He's still as squishy as a bug (see what I did there) and runs out of spirit faster than I run out of donuts

plz fix Gaz kk thx

My point was more the flipside of that. That most ranged characters are so squishy you'll die to random projectiles just as fast, if not faster, than a melee to one shots. That seems more frustrating if you ask me. Of course, builds and gear factor in too.

Ah true enough. I haven't brought many heroes into Cosmic Midtown besides Cap and IW, who has her own survival mechanics anyway I guess.

re-specced Spidey back to melee and found out he has a death from above move on the right side tree. He's still as squishy as a bug (see what I did there) and runs out of spirit faster than I run out of donuts

plz fix Gaz kk thx

It's not going to get you to his highest ttk but a pym's shrinking serum will mostly alleviate your spirit problems when running solo (no way around them when in a group and you're not being targeted).

They've said he's up for QoL as soon as all the lv52s are done, it's probably the main thing I'm waiting for in this game.

Rhaknar

It's not going to get you to his highest ttk but a pym's shrinking serum will mostly alleviate your spirit problems when running solo (no way around them when in a group and you're not being targeted).

They've said he's up for QoL as soon as all the lv52s are done, it's probably the main thing I'm waiting for in this game.

I have a pym

Yeah Spidey finally getting some much needed love soon, can't wait. He'll be the next character I seriously invest in. Got so many damn costumes for him just waiting in the stash to be used.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'm mostly excited for spidey's QoL just because it means Taskmaster's is that much closer. I would like an excuse to play Spidey though, I got back in black from the blender after I had pretty much stopped playing him, so that's kind of a shame.

Lord Phol

Thing is the imminent review, Cable is after that.

Aww! Cable has so much more potential. Oh well, more time for them to figure his review out then. He's going to need quite an overhaul IMO, but with the right stuff he could be awesome (he and panther were the first ones I played seriously back in the beta/launch). Too bad they can't seem to make TK powers feel good in this game.

This also reminds me that I really need to check out the Cable & Deadpool series, always forget about that one for some reason.

Rhaknar

Aww! Cable has so much more potential. Oh well, more time for them to figure his review out then. He's going to need quite an overhaul IMO, but with the right stuff he could be awesome (he and panther were the first ones I played seriously back in the beta/launch). Too bad they can't seem to make TK powers feel good in this game.

This also reminds me that I really need to check out the Cable & Deadpool series, always forget about that one for some reason.

both Cable and Thing are in dire need of a review (as was Punisher), which is why im more excited for them than I was for...Scarlet Witch for example, who was already in a good place even before the review (and didnt change that much)

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Spider-Man needs a review more than anyone. Even stuff like Nightcrawler seems like it could be fixed with scaling. Spider-Man just feels like the flimsiest dude ever.

Rhaknar

Gaz just confirmed that the next Spider-Man costume will be

877d05e904dd362d70ee20b67927ddc6.jpg

:3

Cable used to be so good when the vortex grenade(?) and that aoe weakness ability were godly together.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member

I'm purely talking about boss fights, since in my experience, all CMM is is rushing from boss to boss with yr lads. And in boss fights, there's usually melee dudes to take the hits, leaving me pew-pewing from the side where I'm not covered in effects from myself, other heroes and like 4 bosses that make it impossible to keep track of everything, leading to my death by some one-shot mechanic (every boss mechanic) or what have you. That's leaving aside the Brotherhood of Mutants wave which is literally cancer and can fuck off and die. Magneto's Kansas-sized death bubble, Pyro's fire, Sauron's fire, Blob's jumping nonsense, ugh. Fuck. That. Noise.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I can't believe I used to play with the camera like that. I increased the zoom on it only a few dozen hours ago in total game time (out of my like 1300) but I never looked back.

Rhaknar

I play so zoomed out that all I see are colored dots

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Doom zooms as he pleases

Also my prestiging finally paid off! Blended 2 default BW and 1 default SW costume, got Thor X Enhanced. That's the third Enhanced I got from the blender after Kate Bishop and Thing's Fear Itself. Would've rather had Alejandra Blaze but I'll take it!

So that post I made about the super boosted XP yesterday? Yeah well we're getting an extra two days of Omega on top of that. Friday midnight PST is when it'll all end and when the Cosmic event starts.

Rhaknar

So that post I made about the super boosted XP yesterday? Yeah well we're getting an extra two days of Omega on top of that. Friday midnight PST is when it'll all end and when the Cosmic event starts.

Might do a few more Avengers then, get them pets and blender costumes. Hulk was so fast this afternoon.

Sblargh

Banned
I wonder if I can get Wanda to cosmic (from plain white) these two days and then take advantage of the cosmic event for some cosmic leveling.

inky

Don't know if I should try to prestige them all at least once, or 1 all the way
(except cosmic)
. Gained about 400 Omega points in the past few days too.

I'll probably get bored when I hit like 50 on the first one ;P

Top Bottom