• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Indignate

I'm dreading the day I'll buy a team-up just for achievements...... and I feel that day isn't that far.

Random amazing patch note:

Is that what was happening? I was wondering what that blast effect was.

And due to the way this skill normally works (like shit), this actually might be a nerf...

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Team ups suck. Don't bother :p

I also love that you need the Firestar TU and to do a long list of crap just to get a slightly altered version of it. Geez, thanks for the awesome reward Gaz /s

Yeah... what kind of idiot would do that... heheh... yeah......

Sblargh

Banned
I know, I have Domino and use it on everyone, but I mean, that cap achievement where you need the falcon as a team-up, for example.

Admodieus

What's everyone's thoughts on Iceman ranged build vs. summoner? I want to purchase a Legendary for him and start gearing but I'm not sure what's the better build for endgame play.

What's everyone's thoughts on Iceman ranged build vs. summoner? I want to purchase a Legendary for him and start gearing but I'm not sure what's the better build for endgame play.

Ranged/Summoner hybrid is his best spec currently, and offers the most survivability, so I would recommend that. As for Legendary, level 70 or 80? For 70 definitely go Gungnir whichever spec you play.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Until they change the mechanics of team ups, they are stupid stat sticks and nothing else. Why grind out a different version of a character if you leave them passively disabled for any remotely difficult content?

I look forward to the revamp. I really feel WoW did well with the bodyguard feature of WoD (you saw a LOT of people out and about at launch with bodyguards).

I frankly don't see much of the problem... I mean just ape followers from D3... Don't give us the active/passive/CD options. Or at the very least don't give us a passive option. Make them either sustained damage or bust/CD. Give everyone a free default team-up so no one is hindered (and not even splinters for one.. but literally a free default team up)

The big problem with team ups is frankly the same problem WHENEVER you try to give choices... people will just gravitate toward the min/max option. So either give people options and know that most will choose the most efficient OP option, or limit options to encourage (enforce) the play style you want. Not really much of an in-between unfortunately.

Admodieus

Ranged/Summoner hybrid is his best spec currently, and offers the most survivability, so I would recommend that. As for Legendary, level 70 or 80? For 70 definitely go Gungnir whichever spec you play.

I'm grinding LQ's with him now in the mid-30s and approaching 300 odin marks, but I think I would just save up til 1000 for the Level 80

Widow is crazy fun. I'm surprised I'm enjoying her so much, she used to be in low tier in my fun tier list, but now she's great.

I know, I have Domino and use it on everyone, but I mean, that cap achievement where you need the falcon as a team-up, for example.

Or the Gamora/Drax/Groot requirements for various Guardians of the Galaxy achievements, yeah. It's lame. At least they're not asking for Dr. Doom. <.<

Unicorn

Wow. Just put 3 hours into Ghost Rider and he's almost to level 30. This motherfucker feels soooo good. My Surface Pro 2 is melting from all of the fire onscreen. Shit gets insane filled with destruction.

I think I've found my two mains: Psylocke and Ghost Rider. Teleporting through walls and cruisin' on a fire bike.
EWmof.gif

Admodieus

In that case then, which spec do you plan on using? 80 Legendary choice becomes much more specific.

That was the reason I was asking about spec viability in the first place. From what I see, survivability may be better with the Summoner build, but pure ranged is more fun to play. I'm just looking for something that can do Cosmic Midtown and raids.

That was the reason I was asking about spec viability in the first place. From what I see, survivability may be better with the Summoner build, but pure ranged is more fun to play. I'm just looking for something that can do Cosmic Midtown and raids.

They're both viable enough to do CMM and raids, so you'll just have to take your pick. Strength vs fun.

Is the Russian site all out of codes? I went for a Punisher one (since Thor's answers weren't on the reddit list), while my friend went for Rogue. We both got bios for them but no codes.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Is the Russian site all out of codes? I went for a Punisher one (since Thor's answers weren't on the reddit list), while my friend went for Rogue. We both got bios for them but no codes.

That looks to be the case, yeah.

All recent uniques that got updated will get another quick look to make sure they're polished:

My goal is very soon to get changes into test center based on feedback for many of the recent hero items. These heroes include: Moon Knight, Nova, Mr. Fantastic, Black Widow, Vision, Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch and Iron Man. As you can see, this is a fairly large list. I would not expect sweeping changes, but I would expect nice quality of life stuff that helps with builds, such as matching buff durations to existing dot durations (bolas) and making things easier to apply.

Do you gear him for ranged or summoner skills?

For the most part, ranged. The new Iron Legion Sheath is just good enough that it's worth using no matter what. The debatable part comes in using the Chaos Portal artifact or another general top tier one.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Have enough splinters to dive into one of my most wanted, who do you find to be a more fun melee character: Black Panther or Captain Marvel?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Have enough splinters to dive into one of my most wanted, who do you find to be a more fun melee character: Black Panther or Captain Marvel?

Panther and that's coming from a Carol fanboy

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Got a ton of decent drops tonight doing LQs in AIM facility and Taskmaster Institute, uniques uruforged etc

Lashley

How do you purchase and level legendaries?

Also, which artifacts, uniques, cosmics, uruforged should I keep?

How do you purchase and level legendaries?

Also, which artifacts, uniques, cosmics, uruforged should I keep?

Purchase them with Odin marks from vendor in the Palace (in Chapter 9). Once you put one on a character, XP earned automatically earns on the Legendary.

Hard one to answer, as it depends on characters, builds etc.. Basically though, trash Normal and Heroic versions of quest artifacts, non-advanced versions and pretty much every artifact with an item level below ~30 or so.

Uniques, again - hard to say. Some have benefit, some don't. Probably best to check for a preferred build. Generally though, most of the Any Hero Uniques are crap - but you wouldn't trash them, they're good for Exchange fodder at the Crafter.

Cosmics, eh, I don't keep any, but there are odd characters without QoL or 52 review passes that can have better rolled cosmics than their Uniques, hence BiS, but I wouldn't be keeping any on the off-chance personally.

Uru - I keep two of each, of all types.

Tendo

Secret Wars has been making me wish we had more crazy multiverse shenanigans in this game. Can't wait for Doom.

I want some battleworld stuff. Even if it is just a short terminal or something. I know it is 2 issues in but I'm sold on all the tie ins, everything. I love everything Hickman has done and built since starting with his FF run.

Lashley

Purchase them with Odin marks from vendor in the Palace (in Chapter 9). Once you put one on a character, XP earned automatically earns on the Legendary.

Hard one to answer, as it depends on characters, builds etc.. Basically though, trash Normal and Heroic versions of quest artifacts, non-advanced versions and pretty much every artifact with an item level below ~30 or so.

Uniques, again - hard to say. Some have benefit, some don't. Probably best to check for a preferred build. Generally though, most of the Any Hero Uniques are crap - but you wouldn't trash them, they're good for Exchange fodder at the Crafter.

Cosmics, eh, I don't keep any, but there are odd characters without QoL or 52 review passes that can have better rolled cosmics than their Uniques, hence BiS, but I wouldn't be keeping any on the off-chance personally.

Uru - I keep two of each, of all types.

Thanks mate, just finding it confusing on what to keep and stash tab is running low

For the record, today I found out that you can stash unbound uniques into hero tabs. That's probably a bug, but I fully intend on using it. <.<

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
For the record, today I found out that you can stash unbound uniques into hero tabs. That's probably a bug, but I fully intend on using it. <.<

If you mean any hero uniques, that's what we all do already :p

hero specific uniques only go on hero specific stashes

Sblargh

Banned
Apparently there's an achievement to killing 1989 (or something) elites in the queens prologue. And there's only one single mob in the entire zone that is an elite.

Testimonial of someone attempting it:

You CANNOT reset this area. If you run in on a level 60 SH, kill elite, run out, switch to low level normal diff char, it is still the same zone you were just in. Also, its a private instance, but you might see a NPC Spiderman or Ironman running around there.

My math could be wrong here, but it should be roughly 39 hours killing just the one elite.

Apparently there's an achievement to killing 1989 (or something) elites in the queens prologue. And there's only one single mob in the entire zone that is an elite.

Hahahaha!

I'm sure there's bound to be a few of these big oversights in that massive Achievement list.

Cracklox

Hi all. Haven't posted in a while.

For this Storm, Arcing Tempest, a piece of tape and some onscreen geometry to run into are your friend. Using these and some good periods of, otherwise AFK (sleeping, work etc) I'm at about 1800 in Queens.

Still have a bit of work to do in the other areas, but I'm doing those properly.

Top Bottom