• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Dec

Apparently there's an achievement to killing 1989 (or something) elites in the queens prologue. And there's only one single mob in the entire zone that is an elite.

Testimonial of someone attempting it:

Already changed and in next week.

MoonGred

Am I not looking properly or isn't black panther very popular?
I see plenty of iron man/captain/hulk but presume this is just due to the boosted xp.

Slightly less rare thanks for CMM, but still pretty rare.

Black Panther isn't top tier, so people shy away from him. Just the way it is.

Luckily it works really well with my Scarlet Witch. Slowly buy surely getting her geared up. Need to do some raids so I get those things to upgrade my item levels. Still all at 63. I'll have my first one up to 69 tomorrow, hopefully.

Got myself a Hand of Doom. Are those are rare as they used to be?

Back when "Cosmic chests have a chance to drop Terminal Boss' arti" was added, I was running Cosmic Doom for the daily quest.

Bear in mind I'd never had a Hand of Doom in ~8-900 hours at this point.

Anyway, I'm minding my own business obviously never expecting to get a HoD, when out pops that glorious little orangey "Hand of Doom" writing from Doom's cosmic corpse.

So obviously at this point, I'm ecstatic. My mind is already running wild with thoughts about who I'm going to slap it on - when I walk over to the single Cosmic Chest that I'd earned from the run, open it, and out pops ANOTHER Hand of Doom.

Tears were shed.

Haven't had another once since (currently ~1100 hours), so enjoy it.

Who would be classified as top tier heroes?

IMO, top tier would be: Cap, Hulk, Ghost Rider, Iceman, Invisible Woman, Juggernaut, Moon Knight, Punisher, Rogue, Scarlet Witch, Silver Surfer, Thor, and Venom.

These characters all have great damage output (single target and aoe), solid defensive kits, and are great for all modes.

Back when "Cosmic chests have a chance to drop Terminal Boss' arti" was added, I was running Cosmic Doom for the daily quest.

Bear in mind I'd never had a Hand of Doom in ~8-900 hours at this point.

Anyway, I'm minding my own business obviously never expecting to get a HoD, when out pops that glorious little orangey "Hand of Doom" writing from Doom's cosmic corpse.

So obviously at this point, I'm ecstatic. My mind is already running wild with thoughts about who I'm going to slap it on - when I walk over to the single Cosmic Chest that I'd earned from the run, open it, and out pops ANOTHER Hand of Doom.

Tears were shed.

Haven't had another once since (currently ~1100 hours), so enjoy it.

I was just doing Cosmic Doom for the weekly and it dropped. I completely forgot they existed until it dropped for me. Haha. This will obviously be the first artifact I level up.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I was just doing Cosmic Doom for the weekly and it dropped. I completely forgot they existed until it dropped for me. Haha. This will obviously be the first artifact I level up.

You cant level up artifacts

Can't believe the crafting system is still the way it is after all this time.

Every time I have to add affixes to Costumes I get so frustrated. I almost literally get cold sweats thinking about doing it. Never got the right elements, and even arranging them in my inventory in decending order, I still fuck up/miss them/can't see the one I want etc.. Split/Merge.. That system can suck it. Lawd.

Durden77

I'm confused by the patrol mission stuff. I went out into Industry City (I think), and started killing dudes, but my mission tracker numbers aren't going up. Also is there any better way to see the waypoint for your mission? I just spent like an hour wandering around the storage yard looking for an agent I was supposed to talk to after beating Taskmaster.

Really liking it though! Got my Frank up to level 18 now, he really is pretty beast. There's a few things I still don't get fully like the crafting and stuff, but I'm digging it. Not really looking forward to playing through all the same story missions with Magneto though.

Also, is the map not supposed to save when you explore it? Everytime I come back to an area the map is all black again. Really annoying.

Hellers

You only need to play the story once if you like (That's generally just to unlock the waypoints). For other heroes just level them in midtown/industry/holosim/xdefense until you hit 20 and can do legendaries.

There's a specific list of fights you'll want to do eventually on each hero to get bonuses but if you're not feeling the story just slog through it once and you're fine.

The map thing depends on the map. I think Midtown is always the same map so it's annoying it needs a redraw when you change level versions but the rest of them have an element of randomisaton so you'ld need to explore them again anyway

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Also, is the map not supposed to save when you explore it? Everytime I come back to an area the map is all black again. Really annoying.

is this your first Diablo style game?

Got Wanda as a random hero and love her so far (Level 27). Played with Juggernaut and Iron Man so far but didn't like the gameplay after a while. Hopefully I finally found my hero of choice.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Hi everyone! Just jumping in here hoping to get an answer I couldn't find online. I haven't played Marvel Heroes 2015 yet, but I'm thinking I might give it a shot once I get a new computer in early 2016. The gameplay always seemed interesting to me, but what's pushing me over the edge is recently learning that Wiccan (a favorite of mine) was added as an Enhanced Costume. Reading some old discussion about it online, I saw that a lot of people were questioning the team's decision to add Wiccan as a costume before Scarlet Witch got her Level 52 Review, which confused me. Are Enhanced Costumes somehow tied to the "version" of the character (pre- vs. post-review)? More directly, my question is: If I want to play this game in the future, will I be able to play as Wiccan?

Guys: cosmic worldstones. Do they drop outside of cosmic events? I haven't seen any from my omega farming.

Only during the Cosmic event. So in a little less than 22 hours from now.

Hi everyone! Just jumping in here hoping to get an answer I couldn't find online. I haven't played Marvel Heroes 2015 yet, but I'm thinking I might give it a shot once I get a new computer in early 2016. The gameplay always seemed interesting to me, but what's pushing me over the edge is recently learning that Wiccan (a favorite of mine) was added as an Enhanced Costume. Reading some old discussion about it online, I saw that a lot of people were questioning the team's decision to add Wiccan as a costume before Scarlet Witch got her Level 52 Review, which confused me. Are Enhanced Costumes somehow tied to the "version" of the character (pre- vs. post-review)? More directly, my question is: If I want to play this game in the future, will I be able to play as Wiccan?

There is only ever one version of a character and costumes are completely separate in the equation. To answer your question, you will be able to play as Wiccan no problem.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
There is only ever one version of a character and costumes are completely separate in the equation. To answer your question, you will be able to play as Wiccan no problem.

Awesome! Thank you! Knowing that, maybe I'll be back here in a few months.

Apparently there's an achievement to killing 1989 (or something) elites in the queens prologue. And there's only one single mob in the entire zone that is an elite.

Testimonial of someone attempting it:

My favourite part about this is that there's one dude who did that in the past week, and now he's demanding a vanity title for when they change the achievement requirements.

On top of that, being an enhanced costume does not discount the possibility of becoming a full character in the future. The Wiccan costume for Scarlet Witch is just the easiest option for you to get to play him right now.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Man I really need to get back to leveling rogue. I just have no idea how to spec her for it. Too many options and my brain cries.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Thanks, and do Uniques level up? Or do I need to get the same unique again but at 60?

What should I do with junk industry and midtown rings? Oh, and does the buff only apply in those zones?

inky

Thanks, and do Uniques level up? Or do I need to get the same unique again but at 60?

Uniques don't level up by themselves. There are recipes to make them higher level items, but they are costly, and obviously should only be used in extreme cases. Finding new lvl 60 uniques is not that hard.

Lashley

Uniques don't level up by themselves. There are recipes to make them higher level items, but they are costly, and obviously should only be used in extreme cases. Finding new lvl 60 uniques is not that hard.

Just my extremis undersheath

also, What should I do with junk industry and midtown rings? Oh, and does the buff only apply in those zones?

LuuKyK

also, What should I do with junk industry and midtown rings? Oh, and does the buff only apply in those zones?

They are artifacts, if they are good for your character, equip them. :p

The buffs apply in every stance with enemies/where you can level up, and stop working/couting down when you are in hubs.

Edit: oh you mean the buffs from those rings? No, everywhere.

Lashley

They are artifacts, if they are good for your character, equip them. :p

The buffs apply in every stance with enemies/where you can level up, and stop working/couting down when you are in hubs.

Edit: oh you mean the buffs from those rings? No, everywhere.

They're uniques not artifacts

So just donate the lower level rings I dont need?

Vecks

I'm confused by the patrol mission stuff. I went out into Industry City (I think), and started killing dudes, but my mission tracker numbers aren't going up. Also is there any better way to see the waypoint for your mission? I just spent like an hour wandering around the storage yard looking for an agent I was supposed to talk to after beating Taskmaster.

I'm not sure if there is another industry city, but the patrol mission quests are done in the patrol locations in the challenges section of the waypoint portal. As for the other question, I don't think there's a better way. You should just be able to follow the tracker on the sides of the screen to the quest location.

You can get rid of them. I just throw them away.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Can't believe the crafting system is still the way it is after all this time.

Every time I have to add affixes to Costumes I get so frustrated. I almost literally get cold sweats thinking about doing it. Never got the right elements, and even arranging them in my inventory in decending order, I still fuck up/miss them/can't see the one I want etc.. Split/Merge.. That system can suck it. Lawd.

yes.. the whole mats system is beyond awful. fixes could be so easy also.

let us combine/breakdown more than one at a time. let me load up 5 stacks in the crafter and hit the "craft" button and let me take out the results.

Search. Can;'t believe the game is almost two years old and I STILL have to sit there looking at every single icon in my inventory.. oh but luckily there aren't stack numbers over some of the element graphics leaving you wonder if it has 3 pips or 4.

eh... really that's mostly it... if they did those few things, rolling affixes really wouldn't be a big deal.. to me at least.

needs to be reiterated... leveling up to 60 is 600K. Pretty sure outside of Iron Buddy it is the highest expense in the game. Probably the ONLY way I would ever upgrade a unique to 60 is if it was near perfectly rolled and/or BIS. You keep the relative roll when it upgrades... So if you got a level 29 unique with perfect rolls, they would still be perfect when upgraded to 60.

Lashley

The amount of achievement chests and bounty boxes etc i have saved for when I get to 60 (IM is 56 will be my first 60) is insane

Oh, I can't donate my ICP/MM rings. Just trash em?

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
speaking of achievement chests... best use for them? for gearing a main or just fleshing out a fresh 60?

I opened 40 odd of those achievement chests when I got Vision to 60. I only got one Vision unique, I don't consider them very good for gearing heroes.

The few uniques I did get weren't great and I hardly got any cosmic equipment. From what I got they're decent at getting good rings or insignia though.

Regarding Hand of Doom, artifacts are just weird like that.

I've never seen a HoD drop. I have three Zola's, which players like Affe have never seen drop. We swapped them one for one, and said goodbye to the frustration of the hunt.

I rarely farm in this game for a specific item drop that is unique to a boss. I'm not about that life. I do get lucky with event loot boxes, but I let everything just come naturally via game play.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I think I've only had one boss-specific item actually drop for me (white gorilla necklace), not counting Taskmaster guides because farming him for Omega is bound to turn up a few of those.

Top Bottom