• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Unicorn

You only need to play the story once if you like (That's generally just to unlock the waypoints). For other heroes just level them in midtown/industry/holosim/xdefense until you hit 20 and can do legendaries.

There's a specific list of fights you'll want to do eventually on each hero to get bonuses but if you're not feeling the story just slog through it once and you're fine.

The map thing depends on the map. I think Midtown is always the same map so it's annoying it needs a redraw when you change level versions but the rest of them have an element of randomisaton so you'ld need to explore them again anyway
How do I do these legendaries? I have a couple mid twenty characters and feel like I have slowed a lot in levelling.

I think I've only had one boss-specific item actually drop for me (white gorilla necklace), not counting Taskmaster guides because farming him for Omega is bound to turn up a few of those.

Haha, I was so happy when those got buffed. I have a million of them. With the right roll it's a top four artifact for several characters. Vastly underrated.

How do I do these legendaries? I have a couple mid twenty characters and feel like I have slowed a lot in levelling.

It's way more effective to level by taking a character to the cap, then starting another one. You get a pretty hefty experience synergy for the first four or five characters you get to the cap (I believe it's 75%). Level up one and the next will be even easier. If you stick around long enough like some of us old timers and level enough characters up, you get a 200% experience synergy for every character you level. It's crazy good.

Vecks

Legendary quests should be at the top of your quest log when you press L. Just go where it tells you and do the quest there. You can also reroll them from the quest log. Alternatively, if you don't care to reroll, they should just show up on your mission/quest tracker, but you'll need to click through to find them since it'll also list story quests/shared quests/etc.

Unicorn

Thanks, also have some starter objective to craft a serum with Hank, but don't see it listed with him. Levelled him to 4 or 5 too.

inky

Thanks, also have some starter objective to craft a serum with Hank, but don't see it listed with him. Levelled him to 4 or 5 too.

I'm pretty sure it's a basic serum that you are just missing. It's a crafting tutorial mission. Check closely again.

Regarding the achievement chests, here's what it looks like with around 100 popped

poyXqhK.jpg

inky

I have like 120 of those now. So more than half of those are cosmics for the pet and medallions you'll never pick up. I see like 3 splinters. Meh.

Sblargh

Banned
I have like a 1000 hours played and never had a HoD drop, too. Nor a Zola (mine was a trade) and ever since the Zoo was released I'm thinking it would be nice to have either the lizard serum or Daisy's father formula, but nope.

That said, the only arti I ever farmed (and not even that much) was GoKs and I have 3 of them.

Farming artifacts must be more boring than listening to people who try to explain why Batman should kill his enemies, but it must also work. Kinda.

I like the rarity of the artifacts, btw. They are pretty much the only loot that when you see it drop it kind of pauses everything because you're interested to see what they are.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
First level 60 uniques for my level 58 Ironman and they're Iron Patriot Repulsors and hulk plated compact armor. I'm happy.

Stats are so so, 1 highest, few middle and few lowest.

Btw is marvelheroes.info the best for builds? Just go by most liked or?

First level 60 uniques for my level 58 Ironman and they're Iron Patriot Repulsors and hulk plated compact armor. I'm happy.

Stats are so so, 1 highest, few middle and few lowest.

Btw is marvelheroes.info the best for builds? Just go by most liked or?

I wouldn't go by most liked necessarily. Take a look at the character forum first for the builds and pick something you like.

Durden77

is this your first Diablo style game?

Pretty much, yeah. So I'm guessin that's just how it goes? I spent a lot of time uncovering every part of each map thinking it would stick. I guess there's a reason why it doesn't? The map seems the same everytime.

I'm not sure if there is another industry city, but the patrol mission quests are done in the patrol locations in the challenges section of the waypoint portal. As for the other question, I don't think there's a better way. You should just be able to follow the tracker on the sides of the screen to the quest location.

Oh so I have to actually select the patrol challenge and warp to it? I thought that just walking outside Avengers Tower was Industry City and that I could just go, but maybe that's another place. Is that place just for like fucking around and farming or what?

Edit : Oops missed this post

You only need to play the story once if you like (That's generally just to unlock the waypoints). For other heroes just level them in midtown/industry/holosim/xdefense until you hit 20 and can do legendaries.

There's a specific list of fights you'll want to do eventually on each hero to get bonuses but if you're not feeling the story just slog through it once and you're fine.

The map thing depends on the map. I think Midtown is always the same map so it's annoying it needs a redraw when you change level versions but the rest of them have an element of randomisaton so you'ld need to explore them again anyway

Super helpful thanks!

Vecks

Oh so I have to actually select the patrol challenge and warp to it? I thought that just walking outside Avengers Tower was Industry City and that I could just go, but maybe that's another place. Is that place just for like fucking around and farming or what?

The door in Avenger's Tower only leads to midtown patrol. You'll have to use the waypoint to get to industry city. Some quests might use midtown and some industry city. Midtown is simpler, just basically clear trash and bosses. Industry City has group objectives you can complete for loot boxes.

Sblargh

Banned
Yeah, there are two patrols, the one you walk out on avengers towers is midtown; the other one is industrial city and is accessible only through the teleporters. All areas in the game are accessible through the teleporters, so it's a good idea to get used to them.

MoonGred

I dont know what they changed in the latest patch, but the game is now unplayable for me. The latency was always high but now it's around the 300ms mark and it disconnects me every 10minutes.

Any other Oceanic players having this issue?

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I gave Iron Man my first ilevel 80 legendary, the M'Kraan. Over 1200 suit power now after all the toggles, lol. I might switch insigs, mine is an Adam Warlock with HP and Spirit. I will say I underestimated the value of a large HP pool, especially on heroes with high regen. There's definitely a difference between 20k and 26k, and IM regens HP crazy fast with Fragment of Twilight. My Hulkbuster feels unstoppable, as he should be. Playing melee/missiles now but I still have all the gear and such for beams/missiles, which used to be my main spec, but feels wrong for Hulkbuster.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Is cosmic doop rare? he appeared for the first time ever for me in hoods hideout in green terminal

I gave Iron Man my first ilevel 80 legendary, the M'Kraan. Over 1200 suit power now after all the toggles, lol. I might switch insigs, mine is an Adam Warlock with HP and Spirit. I will say I underestimated the value of a large HP pool, especially on heroes with high regen. There's definitely a difference between 20k and 26k, and IM regens HP crazy fast with Fragment of Twilight. My Hulkbuster feels unstoppable, as he should be. Playing melee/missiles now but I still have all the gear and such for beams/missiles, which used to be my main spec, but feels wrong for Hulkbuster.

People underestimate HP. I'm going to aim for 25-30k on Captain America this weekend and see how it feels. I might even consider Excalibur over the Axe I have for the life on hot.

Dec

People underestimate HP. I'm going to aim for 25-30k on Captain America this weekend and see how it feels. I might even consider Excalibur over the Axe I have for the life on hot.

tanking up is a mixture of having a sufficiently large health pool and a lot of life on hit. Def does nothing.

For the record, I got the Walter White achievement solely playing ICP in the past few days and killing him on my way to free hostages or whatever in that corner with the boat.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Spent some time gearing and speccing Venom and... yup, he sure is beastly. Rank 0 gungnir, crap artifacts and level 50 slot5 and I'm already brutalling for over a million on Deadly Maw and over 6 million on the sig. Then I went... I don't like Venom at all. Kind of a waste of time, credits and Loki runes. Now I feel forced to play him. Why did I do this to myself. Venom sucks kids play cool guys like Thor and Cap and girls like Widow and Wanda.

Lanrutcon

Spent some time gearing and speccing Venom and... yup, he sure is beastly. Rank 0 gungnir, crap artifacts and level 50 slot5 and I'm already brutalling for over a million on Deadly Maw and over 6 million on the sig. Then I went... I don't like Venom at all. Kind of a waste of time, credits and Loki runes. Now I feel forced to play him. Why did I do this to myself. Venom sucks kids play cool guys like Thor and Cap and girls like Widow and Wanda.

I don't like Venom. The ichor mechanic is stupid. With SW I don't have to give a shit about my character's resource, so why put up with it on other characters?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Killed Kurse about 15 times or so before confirming that this event is for me. I just can't do the "repeat boss killing farm". Oh well

Gothos

+1 One of my biggest dissapointments of last year in terms of hero design. Was expecting something different from him :/

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member

Hellers

I've just got my crafter to level 16 and I want to make a couple of 50k credit items. I have three uru forged battle axes and three of the war axes. I can seem to get them to work though. I can drah them into the crafting boxes and right clicking doesn't do it either. How do I get it to work?

*Edit*. Ignore me. I'm an idiot

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I like the angry squid ghost thing in the middle.

Yo, Queen of Hunting, could you put those pictures into quote tags (or just link to them)? They're slowing down my browser quite a bit when scrolling. Thanks. <3

Top Bottom