• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
I don't understand that Squirrel Girl art. Is it a total remake of the character? Looks nothing like the character I've seen before.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
you said the exact same thing weeks ago when the same picture was posted.

Can you really blame him? I get actual pain from looking at that picture too long. Like she's drawn with eyes as far apart as my actual eyes are on my face, but her drawing is tiny, and I can't figure out where to focus.

Yeah, I posted a bunch of crappy She Hulk art to calm the masses clamoring for her team up. If you see bad art in here, either Frank Quitely has joined GAF, or I'm on one of my many sprees.

Drayco21

I really wish I could look past the art, because Soule is a great writer, but between a character I don't care about and actively terrible art, I just can't bring myself to read it.

I really wish I could look past the art, because Soule is a great writer, but between a character I don't care about and actively terrible art, I just can't bring myself to read it.

If I'm honest, I had very little interest in She-Hulk to begin with, but since I got back into comics a couple years ago, I've been willing to give anything a try.

I agree, the writing was fine, but at the end of the day, it's a comic book, not a novel - so if it looks crap, I'm not going to bother to keep it in my pulls.

Lord Phol

Nova is due on TC this friday, so release sometime next week (prob the 17th). Now to decide, spoil myself or keep it fresh(er) for launch.

Indignate

Learned two things today.

You can view and adjust the equipment of other characters without having to switch to him.

Wearing Emma's Phoenix Force costume makes her pet Cyclops also wear his.

GManDH

Learned two things today.

You can view and adjust the equipment of other characters without having to switch to him.

Wearing Emma's Phoenix Force costume makes her pet Cyclops also wear his.

i can never view my other heroes equipment without switching. do u just click on it? do u have to have the inventory open and then click?

shock33

Open you character inventory, then while that is open click on your character select. This should open on the right and if you select somone in that it should swap the character on the inventory screen

There is a drawback to doing that. The game compares gear in the inventory to the active character, rather than the one temporarily selected, when hovering over anything.

When quickly swapping out 1 or 2 items, it's not a big deal. However, it is easier to just swap characters if a lot of changes / comparisons need to be made

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
you can also change equipment without switching to the hero like this

That's pretty much the only reason I use it. Maybe sometimes to track down artifacts, but it's not really meant for swapping out entire gear sets.
Yup. I use it mostly to grab my pet from another character. Although, sometimes I'll do so to quickly add relics to someones stack, when I get drops, or swap a new medal / unique in.

Dec

Relics, and pets pretty much it.

I wish you could upgrade gear using the raid eyes by doing it, but your character has to be able to actually use a piece of gear to upgrade it. Not the biggest deal, mainly just when you unlock a slot upgrade for the first time and have to jump to every character with a 60 in that slot.

Drayco21

Finally saved up the splinters for a new character. Went with Star-Lord, because I have the movie costume.

Tips and tricks?

The normal guns and the ship tree are both great, the element gun tree is hot garbage.

One of the ship powers lets you reset the cooldown on all your other ship powers- this includes your signature, so you can use it twice in a row.

He can be something of a spirit hog, you might want to use artifacts to help out with that, as well as gear for ranged and energy damage.

When in doubt, rub the based helmet and pray to our lords and saviors Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning.

Heck yeah! The changes to Psylocke Shadowstep and Assassinate sound great. That should significantly improve her already solid single target damage. Psionic Barrier sounds interesting and will hopefully free me up to gear slightly less defensively to counter her inherent squishiness. I'm not sold on her decoys moving to a single passive skill, since I like having those on demand, but it might just be written a bit poorly in the description.

Ghost Rider changes sound good. I hit 50 on him yesterday and am waiting for the changes to finish him up. He needs reliable single target damage and it sounds like he's getting exactly that.

The normal guns and the ship tree are both great, the element gun tree is hot garbage.

Post right above yours might fix that.

For the lazy:

PSYLOCKE
Psylocke's "Secondary Resource" has been converted to a damage shield mechanic now known as Psionic Barrier. Her current psionic weaponry powers have been altered to be spirit spenders instead, with several new affixes and mechanics in place. This opens up her most unique powers (Psionic weapons) to be used as often as possible.

Assassinate and Shadow Dash have been sped up to lightning fast, near-instant speeds, more accurately representing her ninja-like agility. Overall, Psylocke's stealth capabilities have been improved upon, including adding a non-breaking stealth component (invisibility) to Shadowstep.

The Psionic Projection mechanics have been wrapped into a single passive, freeing up many power points for players who wish to build around the shadowy decoys. The Decoys have also learned some new moves, and are able to mimic two more powers.

Deadly Assassin can now be toggled on to swap the visuals of all Ninja Assassin katana powers with Psylocke's iconic, deadly Psionic Katana. Note that this effect does not convert the powers to mental damage, so current itemization will not be affected.
MObX4N8.png

STAR-LORD
The Element Gun tree has received some updates in order to help promote it as a viable, fun alternative build choice. Whenever Star-Lord has Elemental Ammo loaded, the Element Gun powers that consume Ammo will no longer consume Spirit as well. Only Ammo will be consumed.

In addition, the Elemental Blast power no longer uses a charge and hold mechanic, but rather is a powerful short cooldown burst of damage.

Other affixes on Element Gun powers have been adjusted and improved in order to make all four elements able to be built around and used in various situations.
pMYZT1a.png

GHOST RIDER
Ghost Rider's mechanics have been tweaked and improved in order to improve his rotations and overall damage capabilities.

The ranged power Hellfire now applies a stacking DoT effect, and is the point of reference for all powers that talk about enemies being 'affected by Hellfire'. Spirit of Vengeance no longer applies Hellfire; however, many of Ghost Rider's powers now apply stacks of the DoT of the Hellfire power.

Penance Stare has been significantly improved as an incredibly powerful single target Signature power.

Judgment has received some extra animations and has been positioned as the primary damage spirit spender in the Chains tree.

Chains Ablaze has been converted into a passive, freeing up bar space for other powers in Ghost Rider's rotation.

A new ranged single target spirit spender has been added to Ghost Rider's Hellfire tree, allowing ranged Ghost Rider players to have a more reliable consistent source of damage. PREVIEW:
iealFIM.png

SILVER SURFER
Admittedly, it appears the changes to Electromagnetic Flux hit Silver Surfer a bit harder than we originally intended, and we are re-analyzing EMF to see where the safest improvements can be made. (in alpha testing)

Subspace Slipstream, Board Dash, and Repulse are gaining new mechanics to flesh out the Starfarer builds.

Event Horizon is gaining some more utility to give Surfer additional gameplay options on how and when to use his Signature power.

A brand-new new spirit spending power is being introduced. This power will not be channeled, and be an attractive choice for players who prefer to stay on the move.
vE5TGyV.png

In addition, the Elemental Blast power no longer uses a charge and hold mechanic, but rather is a powerful short cooldown burst of damage.

This right here is a perfect example of why I don't like the way Gaz hardly gives time for iteration once public testing starts. This change was asked for by many people, myself included, from the start but until now had to be held off. This makes the power so much more appealing to have with just a simple fix.

Next up, Unibeam with ARE toggled on.

I've just geared Silver Surfer up this week and played him again - of course, I didn't play him properly prior to the nerf, but he still feels pretty good to me.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
that QOL post also confirms Nova is coming next week so yay.

Non breakable stealth component sounds interesting for Psylocke. Hopefully this means we can use the sig and ult without locking out our stealth skills for the duration. I wonder if they are changing the psychic knife basic too. Since it only built psi energy before, and now it's not really needed to build for psi spenders, maybe it can be a melee spirit generator.

Lord Phol

This right here is a perfect example of why I don't like the way Gaz hardly gives time for iteration once public testing starts. This change was asked for by many people, myself included, from the start but until now had to be held off. This makes the power so much more appealing to have with just a simple fix.

Next up, Unibeam with ARE toggled on.

Hmm this actually breaks my entire build, that power was my spirit spender when everything else was on cd (don't like barrage). I could probably build around it, but still going to miss charging up and blasting away (looked pretty fucking rad).

The Psylocke and Ghost Rider changes sound awesome though and the confirmation that the patch is next week is hype! 3 QoLs for heroes I like, 1 rework of a hero I like and my favorite hero being released at the same time. Guess it's back to marvel-verse for me!

Noray, did you just time warp in from eight months ago with that comment?

I couldn't disagree more. Daredevil is in a far better place than both Captain America and Nightcrawler right now. There's not really even a comparison. He does very solid damage, is survivable, and is fun to play.

One huge benefit of Street Sweeper is that you are completely immune to damage while it's happening. If you're about to be smashed by something, it can save your life while putting out sold AOE damage.

Rhaknar

I'd get both. If you have to choose one, it comes down to whether you'd rather have a move to clear random trash better (RC), or one that'll clear elites/boss groups better (SS).

I use both aswell

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I know DD is technically good, I just can't stand playing him. Probably my least favorite character. I don't like his combo system at all. I accept the problem may lie with me.

Rhaknar

I know DD is technically good, I just can't stand playing him. Probably my least favorite character. I don't like his combo system at all. I accept the problem may lie with me.

been playing him alot this event (while farming his stupid slot 3) and I love him, I actually just got a legendary for him even

Top Bottom